ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets Summer League Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Re: Nets Summer League Thread 

Post#21 » by Shark » Sat Jul 4, 2015 10:40 pm

Boatright has been the only one that has looked halfway decent from outside. Don't like seeing Jefferson taking so many jumpers.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#22 » by Prokorov » Sun Jul 5, 2015 12:21 pm

who will win the annual summer knee jerk award for player who evveryone overreacts due because of summer league play?

still waiting for marcus williams to be a 20/10 double double machine :D

i wont complain though at least i get to watch some basketball. but can we keep the "this guy is gonna be great" stuff to a minimum for guys basically playing in a 6'9" and under summer pick up league in here?
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#23 » by Prokorov » Sun Jul 5, 2015 12:23 pm

Born_Ready wrote:RHJ is looking ok. I worry about that bench depth getting buckets. Defense and athleticism looks to be on the rise- but I'm not sure who on that 2nd unit is going to score.

other then RHJ im not sure any of these guys make the team.

as of right now, our bench is: Jack/Blake, RHJ,Robinson and whomever we spend the mmle on and then probably jerome jordan

jack and whoever gets the mmle will be our bench scoring
Net Sentence
Veteran
And1: 334

Post#24 » by Net Sentence » Sun Jul 5, 2015 12:52 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Born_Ready wrote:RHJ is looking ok. I worry about that bench depth getting buckets. Defense and athleticism looks to be on the rise- but I'm not sure who on that 2nd unit is going to score.

other then RHJ im not sure any of these guys make the team.

as of right now, our bench is: Jack/Blake, RHJ,Robinson and whomever we spend the mmle on and then probably jerome jordan

jack and whoever gets the mmle will be our bench scoring

Boatright will. He looks smooth going into his jumper.

I also think we got something in Alexander. He doesnt even know how to use his strength yet but he is a bull. He flattened someone when going for a loose ball. The other guy went flying while he looked like he was bit by a gnat. He needs to learn fundamentals but once he does, look out. His wingspan is serious and he can root people out in the paint. Oh yea, I doubt anyone contest his dunks. They might lose a limb if they do.
Net Sentence
Veteran
And1: 334

Post#25 » by Net Sentence » Sun Jul 5, 2015 1:11 pm

We arent going to be able to gauge much from this summer league if we do get better shooting. RHJ's whole offensive game is predicated on having threats around him.

RHJ's defensive was on display though. His length and athleticism is real . Between RHJ and Thad, we are going to cause a lot of turnovers.
Universe
Sixth Man
And1: 120

Post#26 » by Universe » Sun Jul 5, 2015 2:35 pm

Only caught the highlights on Youtube but it looked like we could have used a legit 7-foot presence in the paint. Was Jefferson playing center?
Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#27 » by Born_Ready » Sun Jul 5, 2015 3:42 pm

Universe wrote:Only caught the highlights on Youtube but it looked like we could have used a legit 7-foot presence in the paint. Was Jefferson playing center?

Jefferson started at center. There wasn't really anyone protecting the paint. However- I noticed that Alexander, Jefferson, are very long PF. Birch is, too. Alexander definitely has some grit to his game. He's going to be alright.
OKC Thunder fan, too.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#28 » by Paradise » Sun Jul 5, 2015 9:34 pm

RHJ shooting mechanics isn't that bad
Swav718
Senior
And1: 138

Post#29 » by Swav718 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 9:59 pm

That Simmons kid is quite the athlete. Like what I'm seeing from RHJ, he's really active and have a lot of energy, I don't see Brown ever becoming a Point guard
Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

Nets Summer League Thread 

Post#30 » by Zachbretton » Sun Jul 5, 2015 10:17 pm

Ok, Boatright is growing on me...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#31 » by Born_Ready » Sun Jul 5, 2015 10:31 pm

Zachbretton wrote:Ok, Boatright is growing on me...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I loved the Nets chasing after him and him getting a little guaranteed incentive to perform. He will be a fan favorite because he goes 100% all the time.

Color me intrigued by the Simmons kid.
OKC Thunder fan, too.
Swav718
Senior
And1: 138

Post#32 » by Swav718 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 10:31 pm

Boatwright can shoot the heck out of the ball , like what I'm seeing so far
Lead Assistant
And1: 277

Post#33 » by 624 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 10:44 pm

I love Boatright, he's my boy. A streaky shooter though but when he's on he is unstoppable. I watched just about every UConn gamr he played in and he has one of the quickest first steps I've ever seen.

Also, PSA, there is no "w" in his name, it's Boatright.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,801

Post#34 » by Chuck Everett » Sun Jul 5, 2015 11:43 pm

Boatright, should be in training camp.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#35 » by SpeedyG » Mon Jul 6, 2015 12:20 am

624 wrote:I love Boatright, he's my boy. A streaky shooter though but when he's on he is unstoppable. I watched just about every UConn gamr he played in and he has one of the quickest first steps I've ever seen.

Also, PSA, there is no "w" in his name, it's Boatright.

What you're saying is....

Just Boatright
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#36 » by Paradise » Mon Jul 6, 2015 1:10 am

Just watched. Liked what I saw from RHJ. His jumper looks alot better since Arizona. Boatright lighting it up is what I expected. He's definitely a scorer.

That Jonathan Simmons kid was definitely impressive as well although he was out of control but he certainty gave Winslow a taste of his own medicine. Dude has a nice motor.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#37 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 6, 2015 4:04 am

Not surprised that Boatright is killing it.

Meanwhile, I think that the Nets should have had Brown focus on becoming a 3 and D guard instead of anything else.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Post#38 » by kerry kittles » Mon Jul 6, 2015 7:04 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Not surprised that Boatright is killing it.

Meanwhile, I think that the Nets should have had Brown focus on becoming a 3 and D guard instead of anything else.

They did This same **** last year with Plumlee. Instead of focusing on becoming better at his strengths they focused solely on his weaknesses. They should've focused on his defense, his rebounding, and his FT shooting so he can convert when he draws fouls; they focused instead on his jumper- midrange game, post game, developing a more versatile offensive game. He should've focused on becoming a player in the Tyson Chandler mold. We all talked about. Same now with Markell.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#39 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 6, 2015 11:39 am

Yeah I agree. 2nd summer in a row that they have tried to jam a square into a circle shaped hole.

He can defend both guard spots and has a jump shot that imo can be developed. Why ask him to do what he can't? The dude can barely dribble for gods sake
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Jmonty580
General Manager
And1: 400

Post#40 » by Jmonty580 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 12:22 pm

Really glad to see Ryan is doing his thing for the Nets. I'm a Knicks fan and a Uconn fan, so I was really really hoping the Knicks would have grabbed him. IN the end I'm just glad a team is appreciating him. I think being a college senior and on a young Uconn team that was growing and making mistakes, and being short, his college NBA stock took a dive. Its a shame because I truely think he is a first round talent. His mid range game is foolish imo. At Uconn he carried the load, even getting doubles and trippled. The difference between him and Shabazz and Walker is that those guys had players to pass to. Boat had some solid players, but no guards that could create for themselves.

Bottom line is i think he's going to be a 6th man type. Come in off of the bench. Play scrappy defense, and put up a bunch of points and get a few assists. he's a nate robinson type player only not all playfull, this kid give 100% AND stays focused. I'm really looking forward to him making a name for himself on the NEts and in the NBA.

Return to Brooklyn Nets