Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Mangiacake
Sophomore
And1: 77

Re: Re: Nets Sign Andrea Bargnani - Minimum/2 Years w/ Player's Option 

Post#281 » by Mangiacake » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:23 am

Neutral 123 wrote:
LifeLongKNICK wrote:
Neutral 123 wrote:Towards the end of his time in Toronto, and the start of his time in NY he was not being used much. Any time his role was reduced he played even worse, cared even less. He started to show some signs of life towards the end of the season in NY. Why? Everyone else was injured or traded. It was the Bargnani show. He could shoot all he wanted. Now of course he was still inconceivably awful defensively, but the 18 points and 4 rebounds would make him look somewhat serviceable. Bargnani has never shown for any real length of time, the desire to care, the effort. Why he would start doing it now is beyond me.

Anyways, we'll see. Every year, there's always people optimistic about this guy, and every year after, they are left talking about what they believe he'll start doing, and never about what he's actually done.

there is a segment of lunatics that literally hate this guy and have trashed him since day 1 with the raptors, followed to hate him on the knicks and now have come to this board to spread their hatred of him here.

i seen you before "neutral"

youre pathetic.

There's no reason to hate him personally. I don't know him. But he's a terrible NBA player, and I think what's frustrating, is that he has a shrinking handful of groupies who defend this guy at every turn, no matter how awful he is. If he was so great, then why didn't the Knicks bother to re-sign this guy?

If he's so bad why did he start on every team he's played ?

The Knicks now have Portzingis so they don't need Bargniani,also teams are afraid of his injuries,that's why a lot of people were mad at him.

When Melo went down Bargniani and Shved developed good chemistry and gave the Knicks a big boost last season,,,Bargs stats: 15/5 - 45% FG, 37% 3p, 80% FT.
He has good chemistry with Calderon, Chris Bosh( the killer bees), Amir Johnson, Kyle Lowry, and others...there goes you'r nonsense theory of him being a cancer.

He's going to have good Chemistry with Lopez for sure,and give this team an offensive boost

He can get to the line any time he wants and you have to have a man on him at all times.Excellent man to man defense
LifeLongKNICK
Veteran
And1: 651

Re: Nets Sign Andrea Bargnani - Minimum/2 Years w/ Player's Option 

Post#282 » by LifeLongKNICK » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:36 am

Neutral 123 wrote:
LifeLongKNICK wrote:
Neutral 123 wrote:The problem is the guy is a cancer. At least at the minimum he can ride the pine, which is likely what will happen. But his complete lack of effort and caring, demoralizes franchises.

what insane bs.

he played on horrible raptor teams and 30 or so games with the knicks last season who were garbage.

and thats all on him?

youre insane.

Of course it's not all him, but consistently throughout his career, his teams have been better with him on the bench. He's a net negative player.

u stated he demoralizes teams you goof now youre backtracking?

i looked over his stats while he was in toronto. the only 2 players cracking the top 50 in stats were him and jose.
bargs has played on horrible teams and the knicks only had melo until hurt and shved last season.

so how the hell is that on bargs?
hes literally never playerd on a good team other then his rookie season with the raptors.

for people to hate on this guy and blame teams fortunes on him is absurd.

this is a great signing for the nets and i hate that they have him for the minimum and wish the knicks gave him the deal they gave derrick williams.

mark my words by mid season my team will be regretting that move if he stays healthy.

the only thing that has stopped bargs is injuries. when healthy he can ball.
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#283 » by Neutral 123 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:16 pm

LifeLongKNICK wrote:
Neutral 123 wrote:
LifeLongKNICK wrote:
what insane bs.

he played on horrible raptor teams and 30 or so games with the knicks last season who were garbage.

and thats all on him?

youre insane.

Of course it's not all him, but consistently throughout his career, his teams have been better with him on the bench. He's a net negative player.

u stated he demoralizes teams you goof now youre backtracking?

i looked over his stats while he was in toronto. the only 2 players cracking the top 50 in stats were him and jose.
bargs has played on horrible teams and the knicks only had melo until hurt and shved last season.

so how the hell is that on bargs?
hes literally never playerd on a good team other then his rookie season with the raptors.

for people to hate on this guy and blame teams fortunes on him is absurd.

this is a great signing for the nets and i hate that they have him for the minimum and wish the knicks gave him the deal they gave derrick williams.

mark my words by mid season my team will be regretting that move if he stays healthy.

the only thing that has stopped bargs is injuries. when healthy he can ball.

He demoralizes teams with his lack of energy and defensive awareness. That in no way means that teams are bad solely because of him. Of course if he sits, teams get better, that doesn't mean they are going to win a championship when he sits, but they WILL be better. That's his story his whole career. As for him never playing for a good team, he was a number 1 overall pick. He plays a role in his teams being bad. The guy stinks, and there's a reason why he's never played on a winner, and a winner has never been interested in having him on the roster. He's the perfect tank commander. That's reason to pay him, but if I'm actually interested in winning games? I wouldn't even want him handing out the gatorade.
Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#284 » by Neutral 123 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:20 pm

Mangiacake wrote:
Neutral 123 wrote:
LifeLongKNICK wrote:
there is a segment of lunatics that literally hate this guy and have trashed him since day 1 with the raptors, followed to hate him on the knicks and now have come to this board to spread their hatred of him here.

i seen you before "neutral"

youre pathetic.

There's no reason to hate him personally. I don't know him. But he's a terrible NBA player, and I think what's frustrating, is that he has a shrinking handful of groupies who defend this guy at every turn, no matter how awful he is. If he was so great, then why didn't the Knicks bother to re-sign this guy?

The Knicks now have Portzingis so they don't need Bargniani,also teams are afraid of his injuries,that's why a lot of people were mad at him.

When Melo went down Bargniani and Shved developed good chemistry and gave the Knicks a big boost last season,,,Bargs stats: 15/5 - 45% FG, 37% 3p, 80% FT.
He has good chemistry with Calderon, Chris Bosh( the killer bees), Amir Johnson, Kyle Lowry, and others...there goes you'r nonsense theory of him being a cancer.

He's going to have good Chemistry with Lopez for sure,and give this team an offensive boost

He can get to the line any time he wants and you have to have a man on him at all times.Excellent man to man defense

The story with this guy has always been the same. Of course when Melo went down, his numbers went up. When Bargs has the green light to shoot whenever he wants, and plays big minutes, he'll show a bit more life offensively. That's why it's crazy to think he's going to be useful in a limited role in Brooklyn.

If Brooklyn is interested in winning, they never should have signed this guy. If they wanted to tank,, they should have gotten rid of Lopez and let Bargnani start. He'll put up scoring numbers that look ok superficially, and the team will keep losing and losing.
strangespot
Pro Prospect
And1: 88

Post#285 » by strangespot » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:58 pm

Bargnani issued the following statement (not sure if there's a version in english but I've tried my best to translate from italian with help from google...)

Those were busy days and only today I find the time to comment on the latest events. I received a number of offers and I'm flattered. I appreciated all the proposals, which I evaluated individually, even European ones. Until the last moment I didn't accept any of the offers. In the end I picked three which were on top of my list. I chose the Nets, that's a fact, I have not looked at the money or the city. Nothing but the specific set of components. The selection is based solely on the team and on my desire to play basketball. I chose the Nets after speaking with coach and GM, and we share same view on what we want to achieve. A choice made also after talking to the people whom I trust and admire and who have helped me. The fact that the team is based in a beautiful place like Brooklyn was definitely a plus but had no effect on me at the time of the decision. I know the environment and the city but it still is a new experience, and as such I want to approach it. Probably, because of my introverted character, some people have a wrong perception of me and far from what I am really like. I do not like to talk about myself much, and I think it is not interesting anyway but as a sportsman I can definitely say that I am dedicating my life to basketball since forever and, if I didn't have a great passion and love for this sport, I would not be where I am now. I continue to follow the road without much exhibitionism. I'm very focused. I want to play a season without the constant stops which have persecuted me. I the years to come I aim to be an important player within the structure of the Nets and a player on which my teammates can count on in any situation. I can not wait to start the new NBA season but now I also have to stay focused and look at the blue jersey (Italian NT). This is the opportunity that all of us and especially our fans waited for years, our group of players has matured and we
together have a dream. We have to stay compact and try to qualify for the Olympics. So now we just have to go and take the field.
Mangiacake
Sophomore

Post#286 » by Mangiacake » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:16 pm

Neutral 123 wrote:
Mangiacake wrote:
Neutral 123 wrote:There's no reason to hate him personally. I don't know him. But he's a terrible NBA player, and I think what's frustrating, is that he has a shrinking handful of groupies who defend this guy at every turn, no matter how awful he is. If he was so great, then why didn't the Knicks bother to re-sign this guy?

The story with this guy has always been the same. Of course when Melo went down, his numbers went up. When Bargs has the green light to shoot whenever he wants, and plays big minutes, he'll show a bit more life offensively. That's why it's crazy to think he's going to be useful in a limited role in Brooklyn.

If Brooklyn is interested in winning, they never should have signed this guy. If they wanted to tank,, they should have gotten rid of Lopez and let Bargnani start. He'll put up scoring numbers that look ok superficially, and the team will keep losing and losing.

Listen to yourself talk you want it both ways...typical hater Bargs can't do anything right for you.Melo went down, his numbers went up...what did you expect...his numbers to go down? sorry to disapoint you but he played well and gave NY a boost.

A descent team was intersted in him...Sacramento, but he chose to stay in NY and not go to Italy...so much for another Hater myth " he doesn't care"

He's only been on two teams and had good seasons on both.What has Toronto done since him...they traded 30 players and still haven't gotten past first round.NY was a disaster last season,you can't blame it all on Bargs he only played 30 games.

The only reason he hasn't gotten a better deal is because of his injuries which is a concern...fair enough.

When he puts up good stats you go after his character...oh i don't like his face or he stares at the ceiling,or no energy...nonsense

He's going to get 25 +minutes within a month just like he always has
Mangiacake
Sophomore

Post#287 » by Mangiacake » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:24 pm

strangespot wrote:Bargnani issued the following statement (not sure if there's a version in english but I've tried my best to translate from italian with help from google...)

Those were busy days and only today I find the time to comment on the latest events. I received a number of offers and I'm flattered. I appreciated all the proposals, which I evaluated individually, even European ones. Until the last moment I didn't accept any of the offers. In the end I picked three which were on top of my list. I chose the Nets, that's a fact, I have not looked at the money or the city. Nothing but the specific set of components. The selection is based solely on the team and on my desire to play basketball. I chose the Nets after speaking with coach and GM, and we share same view on what we want to achieve. A choice made also after talking to the people whom I trust and admire and who have helped me. The fact that the team is based in a beautiful place like Brooklyn was definitely a plus but had no effect on me at the time of the decision. I know the environment and the city but it still is a new experience, and as such I want to approach it. Probably, because of my introverted character, some people have a wrong perception of me and far from what I am really like. I do not like to talk about myself much, and I think it is not interesting anyway but as a sportsman I can definitely say that I am dedicating my life to basketball since forever and, if I didn't have a great passion and love for this sport, I would not be where I am now. I continue to follow the road without much exhibitionism. I'm very focused. I want to play a season without the constant stops which have persecuted me. I the years to come I aim to be an important player within the structure of the Nets and a player on which my teammates can count on in any situation. I can not wait to start the new NBA season but now I also have to stay focused and look at the blue jersey (Italian NT). This is the opportunity that all of us and especially our fans waited for years, our group of players has matured and we
together have a dream. We have to stay compact and try to qualify for the Olympics. So now we just have to go and take the field.

Exactly! he says it himself and what i have been trying to say..."because of my introverted character" that's probably why so many haters
LifeLongKNICK
Veteran
And1: 651

Post#288 » by LifeLongKNICK » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:41 am

Mangiacake wrote:
strangespot wrote:Bargnani issued the following statement (not sure if there's a version in english but I've tried my best to translate from italian with help from google...)

Exactly! he says it himself and what i have been trying to say..."because of my introverted character" that's probably why so many haters

maybe barf has to declare he goes on world star hip hop everyday like kristaps does and then the kids will like him? :lol:

Mangiacake
Sophomore

Post#289 » by Mangiacake » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:53 am

Good for him hope he does well on your team (knicks)
Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#290 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:07 am

Mangiacake wrote:
Neutral 123 wrote:
Mangiacake wrote:

Listen to yourself talk you want it both ways...typical hater Bargs can't do anything right for you.Melo went down, his numbers went up...what did you expect...his numbers to go down? sorry to disapoint you but he played well and gave NY a boost.

A descent team was intersted in him...Sacramento, but he chose to stay in NY and not go to Italy...so much for another Hater myth " he doesn't care"

He's only been on two teams and had good seasons on both.What has Toronto done since him...they traded 30 players and still haven't gotten past first round.NY was a disaster last season,you can't blame it all on Bargs he only played 30 games.

The only reason he hasn't gotten a better deal is because of his injuries which is a concern...fair enough.

When he puts up good stats you go after his character...oh i don't like his face or he stares at the ceiling,or no energy...nonsense

No, my point is that he's always awful. He just plays slightly better when he can shoot the ball whenever he wants. His defense is still terrible. His rebounding and overall effort are still awful, but he'll score some points. He was in a vacuum in NY. Basically he was the only one who could score the ball. The team was terrible. Bad players can put up decent scoring numbers on bad teams. That's my point. You can't win with Bargs, and it will be no different this season with the Nets. He's a career loser. That's not hate. That's a FACT.
strangespot
Pro Prospect
And1: 88

Post#291 » by strangespot » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:09 am

Bargs doesn't want to be a star, he just want to be seen as somebody that contributes as being part of a team. He doesn't care about interviews, he doesn't care about getting any sort individual recognition. In this context I don't really know if
Bargs really made a good decision to stay in the NBA, where the focus on individual players is much higher than it is in Europe. NBA is all about the star players. in Europe, Bargs could have easily joined one of the best teams around and win a lot. But maybe his vet min contract and a lesser role will help him in Brooklyn.
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#292 » by Ror1997 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:53 am

Play this guy 15 mins a game paired with TRob to make up for Bargs terrible rebounding and see what you have. His chance of injury reduces greatly when he isn't playing as much. Hollins is smart and he won't bring in Bargs in a game close enough that Bargs defense can cost them the lead. Play it smart like that, and Bargs can actually hit his shots then I think alot of the hate he gets throughout the league will start to go away.
Sir_Woof
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#293 » by Sir_Woof » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:03 pm

He can't be worse than Earl Clark can he?
Mangiacake
Sophomore

Post#294 » by Mangiacake » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:46 pm

Neutral 123 wrote:
Mangiacake wrote:
Neutral 123 wrote:The story with this guy has always been the same. Of course when Melo went down, his numbers went up. When Bargs has the green light to shoot whenever he wants, and plays big minutes, he'll show a bit more life offensively. That's why it's crazy to think he's going to be useful in a limited role in Brooklyn.

No, my point is that he's always awful. He just plays slightly better when he can shoot the ball whenever he wants. His defense is still terrible. His rebounding and overall effort are still awful, but he'll score some points. He was in a vacuum in NY. Basically he was the only one who could score the ball. The team was terrible. Bad players can put up decent scoring numbers on bad teams. That's my point. You can't win with Bargs, and it will be no different this season with the Nets. He's a career loser. That's not hate. That's a FACT.

Keep talking you are making Bargs look better all the time."Basically he was the only one who could score the ball"...thank you very much...same thing in Toronto,he and Bosh made a good duo,when Bosh left Bargs became the only offense and they rode him into the ground.How is he a career loser being on two bad teams,not of his choosing...that's a GENERALITY you could say about anybody on any team.
He was runner up to Brandon Roy in rookie voting and made the playoffs first year in the league and was a successful player in Europe.Sounds to me like he ended up in the wrong place Toronto and NY
Mangiacake
Sophomore

Post#295 » by Mangiacake » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:52 pm

Sir_Woof wrote:He can't be worse than Earl Clark can he?

Don't let these Bozos hoodwink you... he is a good player. Even when confronted with good stats like last season in NY... haters make excuses.

Here he is against the Nets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNTLARwolYg
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#296 » by Keith Van Horn » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:27 pm

I think many Nets fans are wanting to give him a chance now knowing there's nothing to lose. I would honestly rather have him on the roster than Earl Clark.
Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#297 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:08 pm

Sir_Woof wrote:He can't be worse than Earl Clark can he?

Depends on what you need honestly. If a team has no scoring, then Bargnani is a guy who can get his shot off because of his size and ability to shoot from the perimeter. If you need a guy to fit a role, certainly if you want a guy to hustle and defend, you're better off with anyone other than Barfs.
Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#298 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:17 pm

Mangiacake wrote:
Neutral 123 wrote:
Mangiacake wrote:

Keep talking you are making Bargs look better all the time."Basically he was the only one who could score the ball"...thank you very much...same thing in Toronto,he and Bosh made a good duo,when Bosh left Bargs became the only offense and they rode him into the ground.How is he a career loser being on two bad teams,not of his choosing...that's a GENERALITY you could say about anybody on any team.
He was runner up to Brandon Roy in rookie voting and made the playoffs first year in the league and was a successful player in Europe.Sounds to me like he ended up in the wrong place Toronto and NY

My criticism of Bargnani comes from two places. One, he has a group of people who will defend his inexcusable play, inexcusable effort no matter what. It's bewildering. Two, if he actually liked basketball or played like he cared, he could actually be a useful player. The guy is 29 years old, should be in his PRIME and is on a minimum contract, and that is coming from GMs thinking he had so much potential he warranted a 50 million dollar deal, and worthy of a 1st rounder in a trade.

I expect you to say injuries are the reason. He has had no career threatening or debilitating injury. At 29 he's basically barely hanging on (yes I know Sac was potentially offering a bit more).

Anyways, there isn't much left to say. I'd lay down any amount of money that the Nets do NOT make the playoffs with Bargnani playing more than 20 minutes a game and him playing most of the season. You can't win with the guy.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#299 » by jbeachboy » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:32 pm

i would love to see hollins help him become a better rebounder and help defender, something that, overseas, toronto and knicks never taught him
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,844

Post#300 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:47 pm

If the Nets don't make the playoffs it won't be because of Bargnani, you can believe that. You act like he's being brought in here to play 36 mins a night, christ
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets