ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets 2016-2017 Free Agency Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Re: Nets 2016-2017 Free Agency Thread 

Post#701 » by jbeachboy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:51 pm

mike conley is not a max player and i would hate to overpay for him with long term deal at age 29. he seems to be close with marc gasol and will probably stay in memphis.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#702 » by jbeachboy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:52 pm

jarrett jack is having a better year than conley at this point.
Net Sentence
Veteran
And1: 334

Re: RE: Re: Nets 2016-2017 Free Agency Thread 

Post#703 » by Net Sentence » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:54 pm

Paradise wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:
Paradise wrote:I'm definitely interested in Eric Gordon if Evan Fournier isn't avaliable. I prefer bigger shooting guards but he seems like a realistic option.

Gordon only shoots 3s

He averages 16.6 FGA a game and 8.3 of them are 3s. Besides that he does little else: 2.7 Reb / 3.3 Ast / 1.1 Stls.

I like Gordon but he only makes sense if we get a ball dominate player like Fournier or DeRozan who can drive the lane. He wont work with Harrison Barnes or Nic Batum. He needs someone to create his looks. I dont think he fits well with RHJ either.

Fournier is not a ball dominant player at all.

He would be in a new enviroment. He is the diamond in the rough. He cant own the ball in Orlando with Payton, Oladipo and Herzonja.

Pair him with a catch and shoot guy like Beal, Barnes or Gordon and he can be more involved in the offense
Net Sentence
Veteran

Post#704 » by Net Sentence » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:59 pm

jbeachboy wrote:jarrett jack is having a better year than conley at this point.

And that's with him playing with the hamstring injury for the first 8 games.

Jack is 5th in Assists. I would pick up his option next season and spend money on 2 wings and a 3rd big
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#705 » by DarkXaero » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:36 pm

Net Sentence wrote:
Paradise wrote:I'm definitely interested in Eric Gordon if Evan Fournier isn't avaliable. I prefer bigger shooting guards but he seems like a realistic option.

Gordon only shoots 3s

He averages 16.6 FGA a game and 8.3 of them are 3s. Besides that he does little else: 2.7 Reb / 3.3 Ast / 1.1 Stls.

I like Gordon but he only makes sense if we get a ball dominate player like Fournier or DeRozan who can drive the lane. He wont work with Harrison Barnes or Nic Batum. He needs someone to create his looks. I dont think he fits well with RHJ either.

Gordon's skillset is a lot more than shooting 3s. He has slashing ability and handles. He is shooting 3s a lot right now because thats what Alvin Gentry wants.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#706 » by jbeachboy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:58 pm

Net Sentence wrote:
jbeachboy wrote:jarrett jack is having a better year than conley at this point.

And that's with him playing with the hamstring injury for the first 8 games.

Jack is 5th in Assists. I would pick up his option next season and spend money on 2 wings and a 3rd big

im worried about eric gordons injury history and his defense, he is only 6 foot 3, plus he will want a big contract.

nets have an option for jack? i rather just have jack for another year until we can find someone more long term. conley is slightly better defensively than jack but jack is doing more passing, rebounding and scoring than conley is at this point.

derozan wants 25 million a year rumors say and raptors dont want to give him a max.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#707 » by jbeachboy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:59 pm

is rondo and clarkson both returning to their teams?
Swav718
Senior
And1: 138

Post#708 » by Swav718 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:55 pm

If Jack keeps playing like this throughout the season, i doubt it but, if he does then I would not mind picking his option up for next year. unless he can return us a decent first round pick.

We need a wing player in the worst way and Beal and Fournier are at the top of my list. Barnes, conley, derozan are not max players and I believe the other 2 have more potential .
Net Sentence
Veteran

Post#709 » by Net Sentence » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:43 pm

Swav718 wrote:If Jack keeps playing like this throughout the season, i doubt it but, if he does then I would not mind picking his option up for next year. unless he can return us a decent first round pick.

We need a wing player in the worst way and Beal and Fournier are at the top of my list. Barnes, conley, derozan are not max players and I believe the other 2 have more potential .

Jack played liked this last year if you look hard enough. Ive posted numerous posts about his stats but all people could focus on was one of the worst, +/-. Everyone of our starters shot better when Jack passed them the ball instead of DWill. Jack will only cost 6.3 mil next year if we pick up his option. I would much rather do that then to give Conley a max or someone like Rondo or Jennings 10+ mil. 2017 is when we should look to get a PG. King needs to convince Larkin to not opt out of his team friendly 1.5 mil salary for next year with the carrot being a starting PG role if he plays well.

A guy that no one who has talked about but someone who will likely come at a value is Jarred Sullinger. If Hollins is still the coach I could see him being the another Zach Randolph.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#710 » by jbeachboy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:17 am

Net Sentence wrote:
Swav718 wrote:If Jack keeps playing like this throughout the season, i doubt it but, if he does then I would not mind picking his option up for next year. unless he can return us a decent first round pick.

Jack played liked this last year if you look hard enough. Ive posted numerous posts about his stats but all people could focus on was one of the worst, +/-. Everyone of our starters shot better when Jack passed them the ball instead of DWill. Jack will only cost 6.3 mil next year if we pick up his option. I would much rather do that then to give Conley a max or someone like Rondo or Jennings 10+ mil. 2017 is when we should look to get a PG. King needs to convince Larkin to not opt out of his team friendly 1.5 mil salary for next year with the carrot being a starting PG role if he plays well.

A guy that no one who has talked about but someone who will likely come at a value is Jarred Sullinger. If Hollins is still the coach I could see him being the another Zach Randolph.

jack was more selfish last year, he is looking to pass much more, rebound and even defend more since he became starter. last year he was more of a score first point guard cause he came off the bench and didnt have confidence in the other guys. nets have jacks option at 6.3 million, they would probably do that if they cant find a better point guard. i wouldnt give jack anything more than a year or two.

i dont see where sullinger would play here with thad, mccullough, and thomas robinson.
Net Sentence
Veteran

Post#711 » by Net Sentence » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:56 am

jbeachboy wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:

jack was more selfish last year, he is looking to pass much more, rebound and even defend more since he became starter. last year he was more of a score first point guard cause he came off the bench and didnt have confidence in the other guys. nets have jacks option at 6.3 million, they would probably do that if they cant find a better point guard. i wouldnt give jack anything more than a year or two.

i dont see where sullinger would play here with thad, mccullough, and thomas robinson.

Robinson doesnt have a place on next years team if we can significantly improve. All he does is rebound and he is a turnover machine despite barely touching the ball.
Swav718
Senior

Post#712 » by Swav718 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:12 am

Net Sentence wrote:
jbeachboy wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:

Robinson doesnt have a place on next years team if we can significantly improve. All he does is rebound and he is a turnover machine despite barely touching the ball.

And with mccullough and Reed development and with Thad here I don´t see any room for Sullinger... hes not that much better than Thad tbh. Jack is playing much better and alot more of a point guard than he was last year.
Net Sentence
Veteran

Post#713 » by Net Sentence » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:27 am

Swav718 wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:
jbeachboy wrote:

And with mccullough and Reed development and with Thad here I don´t see any room for Sullinger... hes not that much better than Thad tbh. Jack is playing much better and alot more of a point guard than he was last year.

Sullinger is a completely different player then Thad. Thad would still be the starter but Sullinger would be the first big off the bench. He is playing great this year.

24.7 minutes

11.4 Pts on 46.6% FG and 37% 3pt
9.2 Reb (13.4/36)
2.4 Assists
1.4 TOs

He brings the same rebounding T-Rob does with an actual offensive game. He can play PF or C and fits with Lopez, THad or McCullough.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#714 » by Paradise » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:36 am

Net Sentence wrote:
Swav718 wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:

Sullinger is a completely different player then Thad. Thad would still be the starter but Sullinger would be the first big off the bench. He is playing great this year.

24.7 minutes

9.2 Reb (13.4/36)
2.4 Assists
1.4 TOs

He brings the same rebounding T-Rob does with an actual offensive game. He can play PF or C and fits with Lopez, THad or McCullough.

Sullinger has the potential to be a disaster. Boston already had issues with him and his inability to stay in shape. I can't see him thriving here under a coach that would probably bump heads with him.
Net Sentence
Veteran

Post#715 » by Net Sentence » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:06 am

Paradise wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:
Swav718 wrote:And with mccullough and Reed development and with Thad here I don´t see any room for Sullinger... hes not that much better than Thad tbh. Jack is playing much better and alot more of a point guard than he was last year.

24.7 minutes

9.2 Reb (13.4/36)
2.4 Assists
1.4 TOs

Sullinger has the potential to be a disaster. Boston already had issues with him and his inability to stay in shape. I can't see him thriving here under a coach that would probably bump heads with him.

Hence the Z-Bo Comparison. Hollins Got through to him despite his rep
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Nets 2016-2017 Free Agency Thread 

Post#716 » by Paradise » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:17 am

Net Sentence wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:

24.7 minutes

9.2 Reb (13.4/36)
2.4 Assists
1.4 TOs

If Hollins doesn't want to properly develop a talented good kid like RHJ. He certainly will not care about a fat and lazy Sullinger.
Net Sentence
Veteran

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Nets 2016-2017 Free Agency Thread 

Post#717 » by Net Sentence » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:24 am

Paradise wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:
Paradise wrote:Sullinger has the potential to be a disaster. Boston already had issues with him and his inability to stay in shape. I can't see him thriving here under a coach that would probably bump heads with him.

If Hollins doesn't want to properly develop a talented good kid like RHJ. He certainly will not care about a fat and lazy Sullinger.

If these are his numbers when he is half azzing then Im sure he would care.

It's only been 12 games. I dont see how Hollins not starting him the first few games is him not wanting to develop him properly. Even Lopez didnt start right away.
Swav718
Senior

Post#718 » by Swav718 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:27 am

Net Sentence wrote:
Swav718 wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:

24.7 minutes

9.2 Reb (13.4/36)
2.4 Assists
1.4 TOs

Would rather spend money on a bigger need. He wouldnt start over thad and we need to develop mccullough and reed... Our bigs are pretty much set unless we trade for a better one and I dont really see any other bigs we should throw good money at unless its Horford. We need to focus on the wing, depth and point guard
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#719 » by jbeachboy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:29 am

lets see how mccullough looks later in year first before doing anything at pf
Net Sentence
Veteran

Post#720 » by Net Sentence » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:43 am

Swav718 wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:
Swav718 wrote:And with mccullough and Reed development and with Thad here I don´t see any room for Sullinger... hes not that much better than Thad tbh. Jack is playing much better and alot more of a point guard than he was last year.

24.7 minutes

9.2 Reb (13.4/36)
2.4 Assists
1.4 TOs

Would rather spend money on a bigger need. He wouldnt start over thad and we need to develop mccullough and reed... Our bigs are pretty much set unless we trade for a better one and I dont really see any other bigs we should throw good money at unless its Horford. We need to focus on the wing, depth and point guard

Sullinger is a MLE guy. He is a good value guy. Max out a guy like Fournier and bring in Sullinger and a shooter

Return to Brooklyn Nets