60/21/10
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Bargnani hurt calf 

Post#22 » by Prokorov » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:29 pm

Dirk Nowitzki wrote:
shakendfries wrote:Bargs just posterized Valencunas! lol

he blew by him, wouldnt call that a poster. more val standing and watching.
Mangiacake
Sophomore
And1: 77

Post#23 » by Mangiacake » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:39 pm

Wait a minute i thought that Bargniani has no heart,one trick pony,doesn't care and doesn't like to play THROUGH INJURIES...more myths busted.

He will be getting 25 plus minutes with Broolyn,book it.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: RE: Re: Bargnani hurt calf 

Post#24 » by Paradise » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:44 pm

Mangiacake wrote:Wait a minute i thought that Bargniani has no heart,one trick pony,doesn't care and doesn't like to play THROUGH INJURIES...more myths busted.

Umm, no he won't.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#25 » by kamaze » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:59 pm

Mangiacake wrote:Wait a minute i thought that Bargniani has no heart,one trick pony,doesn't care and doesn't like to play THROUGH INJURIES...more myths busted.

He'll have to change his reputation during the season international competition aint enough. Most don't acknowledge what he does there,
in the nba it's a different style more emphasis on athleticism and defense.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Mangiacake
Sophomore

Post#26 » by Mangiacake » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:14 pm

If he can stay injury free,i think he can help Brooklyn
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#27 » by Prokorov » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:37 pm

Mangiacake wrote:If he can stay injury free,i think he can help Brooklyn

i think the only way he helps brooklyn is by being injured and never seeing the court
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#28 » by shakendfries » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:32 pm

kamaze wrote:Nets picked up another center! Undrafted Yanick Moreira Played for Larry Brown at SMU 11ppg & 6 had 21 & 4 for the Clippers summer league he's 24 and athletic.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kAnDxN4BDzY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cBd0N_zg1EQ

Given Bargnani was -17 over the course of the Fiba tournament, and he shot 8-21 in his best outing, I am really concerned about Bargnani hurting the team more than he helps it. Moreira seems to do the essential basketball things Bargnani has simply refuses, like defend and rebound. His international play has really just been a testament to just how much of a black hole he is wherever he goes. From what I've seen from YouTube footage, it looks like Moreira actually plays the way bigs should play, and is proficient in where Bargnani is deficient. We'll see how things shake out over the course of the next month, but I'll be rooting for him to make the cut

Jack / Larkin / Sloan / Boatright
Bogs / Ellington / Brown / Jones
Thad / Joe / RHJ / Karasev
TRob / McC / Moreira / Miller
Lopez / Reed / Bargnani

15 man roster deadline - Oct. 26
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#29 » by shakendfries » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:38 pm

Andrea Bargnani is still in the NBA

It's difficult to pick a singular moment that defines the career of Andrea Bargnani, professional basketball player. It is more correct, maybe, to understand Bargnani in a series of little looping moments, the flailing Vines and broken-video-game GIFs that have defined his career's desolate second act. When the news broke that he'd signed a two-year minimum salary deal to remain in the five boroughs as a member of the Brooklyn Nets, Twitter, as is its wont, churned out a seeminglyendlessprocessionof LOL's, headdesk-inducing goofery, and deliriously surreal moments in which a supposedly trained athlete lost all ability to control his basic motor functions. There. That is Andrea Bargnani.

B/R The Mediocre, the Bad and the Ugly of Andrea Bargnani

Andrea Bargnani Plays Embarrassing Defense Against the Spurs

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07DjA1g6Ngg[/youtube]

Andrea Bargnani defends by dancing, gets steamrolled

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHRLOAW2gcg[/youtube]

...and there was that one Shaqtin a Fool segment where the TNT crew tried to analyze his psyche

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMmG5rv5ivE[/youtube]
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#30 » by jbeachboy » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:56 pm

we havent had a player this entertaining since crabis outclaw, stephen graham, sundiata lebron gaines, john the tank commander petro
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#31 » by kamaze » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:55 am

shakendfries wrote:
kamaze wrote:Nets picked up another center! Undrafted Yanick Moreira Played for Larry Brown at SMU 11ppg & 6 had 21 & 4 for the Clippers summer league he's 24 and athletic.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kAnDxN4BDzY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cBd0N_zg1EQ

Given Bargnani was -17 over the course of the Fiba tournament, and he shot 8-21 in his best outing, I am really concerned about Bargnani hurting the team more than he helps it. Moreira seems to do the essential basketball things Bargnani has simply refuses, like defend and rebound. His international play has really just been a testament to just how much of a black hole he is wherever he goes. From what I've seen from YouTube footage, it looks like Moreira actually plays the way bigs should play, and is proficient in where Bargnani is deficient. We'll see how things shake out over the course of the next month, but I'll be rooting for him to make the cut

Jack / Larkin / Sloan / Boatright
Bogs / Ellington / Brown / Jones
Thad / Joe / RHJ / Karasev
TRob / McC / Moreira / Miller
Lopez / Reed / Bargnani

15 man roster deadline - Oct. 26

I like Yanick a lot just looking at his highlight clips. Granted a lot of players look good when you just see their good plays, but it's insurance in case someone doesn't impress. If nothing else they get a look at someone in case they need a body during the season.

BTW "Andrea Bargnani defends by dancing, gets steamrolled" almost made me spit out my sweat tea.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
CaptainFanchini
Veteran
And1: 137

Post#32 » by CaptainFanchini » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:12 am

At Euro2015 Bargnani played quite well since the game against Spain.

Especially with a good effort and will, even on the defensive side.

You have just to hope he keeps on rolling and that your coach is able to use him well and give him the right "fire".

When Andrea has had his good times in NBA, he was almost Dirk-like on the offensive side ... just see season 2010-2011 or some periods with the Knicks, when he was practically the only "bright spot" of that tragic team ...

Did you forget this ? 8-)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRqb2BoHmzg[/youtube]
Basketball is my religion
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,835

Post#33 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:24 pm

if he's getting 25 a night god help us
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Mangiacake
Sophomore

Post#34 » by Mangiacake » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:24 am

"He played seven games despite injuries to his ankle and his calf muscle --a historically troublesome issue for him. Overall, he averaged 14 points and shooting 52.4 percent overall and nearly 39 percent from three."
Mangiacake
Sophomore

Post#35 » by Mangiacake » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:16 pm

Bargnani GAME HERO helps Italy to Olympic qualifying tournament.

http://www.eurobasket2015.org/en/compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2015.roundID_9322.coid_o3hlLc8kGpM6kSf7DP4Os2.articleMode_on.html

So much for Bargnani bringing teams down...another myth busted.
He rises to the occasion and will score 15-20 points for Brooklyn...book it
Mr Gametime
Junior
And1: 117

Post#36 » by Mr Gametime » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:57 pm

I've always been a fan of Bargnani and this is a good situation for him with the Nets, I expect him to claim some of his former glory and prove he can play an 82 game season.
When the rich rob the poor it's called business, when the poor fight back it's called violence.
strangespot
Pro Prospect
And1: 88

Post#37 » by strangespot » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:05 pm

Thats anyway a joke, I mean Bargs has been hurt since 5 years.. even when he is playing he is not really 100%. The Issues with his calf are constant and coming from not a really thought out development plan of the Toronto Raptors who had an agile, fast PF in their hands (see summer league 2006) and made an overmuscled, stiff C out of him. the weight he had to put up was too much for his body to handle and especially his calfs have suffered the consequence since, offensively, he still uses the dribbling from the 3pt line alot to get past his defender (like in that video with valanciunas) and when he sprints the pressure is all on the calf with all that weight he carries around.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#38 » by jbeachboy » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:46 pm

im hoping that coming off bench and playing less minutes will help reduce his chance at injury, his offense and man to man defense looked good in those highlights in eurobasket, willie reed and thomas robinson with him out there will be better for him and occasionally lopez for kickouts for jumpshots by bargs
Universe
Sixth Man
And1: 120

Post#39 » by Universe » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:15 pm

jbeachboy wrote:im hoping that coming off bench and playing less minutes will help reduce his chance at injury, his offense and man to man defense looked good in those highlights in eurobasket, willie reed and thomas robinson with him out there will be better for him and occasionally lopez for kickouts for jumpshots by bargs

Will be good for him to worry only about the offense. Obviously he'll need to compete on defense, but he'll be sent out strictly to score, which hopefully will benefit both sides.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#40 » by Prokorov » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:24 pm

Mangiacake wrote:Bargnani GAME HERO helps Italy to Olympic qualifying tournament.

http://www.eurobasket2015.org/en/compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2015.roundID_9322.coid_o3hlLc8kGpM6kSf7DP4Os2.articleMode_on.html

So much for Bargnani bringing teams down...another myth busted.
He rises to the occasion and will score 15-20 points for Brooklyn...book it

right, cause international play is so similar to the NBA.

Return to Brooklyn Nets