ImageImageImageImageImage

C-Mac - The Chris McCullough Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: The Official Chris 'C-Mac' McCullough Thread 

Post#201 » by Paradise » Sat Oct 1, 2016 1:29 am

Maybe Sean and Kenny locked him in the weight room.

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#202 » by jbeachboy » Sat Oct 1, 2016 5:14 am

this only helps him defensively, offensively he isnt physical.
Net Sentence
Veteran
And1: 334

Post#203 » by Net Sentence » Sun Oct 2, 2016 2:25 pm

McCullough's development is the most important on the team. He has the highest ceiling of all of our young players.

As good as RHJ is, you pretty much can see his ceiling already establishing as a better version of Shumpert.

McCullough has just about everything you want from a big: Length, Athleticism, Shooting, Speed, Good timing and awareness on defense. All he needs is to gain weight.
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#204 » by DeRoma » Sun Oct 2, 2016 3:59 pm

Net Sentence wrote:McCullough's development is the most important on the team. He has the highest ceiling of all of our young players.

As good as RHJ is, you pretty much can see his ceiling already establishing as a better version of Shumpert.

McCullough has just about everything you want from a big: Length, Athleticism, Shooting, Speed, Good timing and awareness on defense. All he needs is to gain weight.

If you ask me, I don't agree, I don't think he has the highest ceiling in this team. You are right that he is a physically gifted player. However, I think his mentality, his game skills, are all so terrible. He doesn't use his length that well (except for playing the passing lane). He doesn't finish strong in the paint. He tends put the ball low when he faces up. He is too afraid to catch a pass. There is no assertion on his game. Constantly uses his talents over being a good basketball player. He is too much of a project to reach his actual potential considering he is already 21.

I think LeVert is the guy with the most potential. I can see him being an all-star unlike CmC I only see him as a role player at best.
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#205 » by Ror1997 » Sun Oct 2, 2016 5:28 pm

I agree with both of you. Both LeVert and CMC have all-star potential, but they both have different obstacles to over come to reach that potential. Thankfully we're in a position where we don't have to rush either of them and we can give them opportunities to show us their true talent without forcing ourselves to give up on them.

I think its more likely for LeVert to reach his potential, but I think McCulloughs ceiling is higher.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,829

Post#206 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Oct 2, 2016 7:45 pm

RHJ is 21 years old and has already hit his ceiling?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

The Official Chris 'C-Mac' McCullough Thread 

Post#207 » by Paradise » Sun Oct 2, 2016 7:47 pm

I think I'll be pleased with Chris developing into a our own Mike Scott. Consistent shooting, cutting and rebounding. I don't see Chris being more than a Patrick Patterson off the bench type of contributor which is still a big need.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#208 » by jbeachboy » Sun Oct 2, 2016 8:42 pm

levert has the most potential, he is closest 2 way player out of them.
Net Sentence
Veteran
And1: 334

Post#209 » by Net Sentence » Mon Oct 3, 2016 12:01 pm

McCullough is 6'9"-6'10" and is one of the fastest players on the floor who can also jump through the roof. God only makes a handful of guys like this. Add in a smooth jumper to go with that athleticism and you have all the ingredients for a superstar.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,829

Post#210 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Oct 3, 2016 2:33 pm

he just needs to get some aggression in his game. he is a bit too passive. compared to Whitehead who is like an attack dog, you've got to hope having some guys in there to beat his ass in practice will get C-Mac's blood boiling and it will translate to in game aggression.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: RE: Re: The Official Chris 'C-Mac' McCullough Thread 

Post#211 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Oct 4, 2016 9:17 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:he just needs to get some aggression in his game. he is a bit too passive. compared to Whitehead who is like an attack dog, you've got to hope having some guys in there to beat his ass in practice will get C-Mac's blood boiling and it will translate to in game aggression.

The unfortunate thing for CMC is that he never really got to catch up to the speed of the NCAA before he got drafted.

And now he just took an even larger jump into the league. His impact is solely based on his athleticism and reaction right now because he hasn't mentally adjusted to the speed of the NBA, and we well have to wait and see if he improves.

Remember, he got little playing time under Tony Brown because he couldn't get the plays down right. Mind you, this was a guy who sat out most of the season and who, more than any of his teammates, had to time to study the playbook.

It's too early to drop the hammer on his potential but the first initial evaluations aren't looking that good.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#212 » by jbeachboy » Tue Oct 4, 2016 9:48 pm

mccullough plays so soft and doesnt use his size, he plays very passive and with no emotion, just feels like he coasts.
Mosdefinition
Senior
And1: 116

Post#213 » by Mosdefinition » Tue Oct 4, 2016 11:07 pm

DeRoma wrote:
Net Sentence wrote:McCullough's development is the most important on the team. He has the highest ceiling of all of our young players.

If you ask me, I don't agree, I don't think he has the highest ceiling in this team. You are right that he is a physically gifted player. However, I think his mentality, his game skills, are all so terrible. He doesn't use his length that well (except for playing the passing lane). He doesn't finish strong in the paint. He tends put the ball low when he faces up. He is too afraid to catch a pass. There is no assertion on his game. Constantly uses his talents over being a good basketball player. He is too much of a project to reach his actual potential considering he is already 21.

I think LeVert is the guy with the most potential. I can see him being an all-star unlike CmC I only see him as a role player at best.

When did 21 become old?

You do realize players used to stay in college until they were juniors and seniors *gasp* some even red shirted and stayed 5

And some how they didn't peak before they got to the nba

Look around them league most of the solid players were 25 26 when they came into there own
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#214 » by Ror1997 » Tue Oct 4, 2016 11:26 pm

I think Cmc could immensely benefit from an extended DLegaue stint. He can still practice with the NBA team, while getting the minutes he needs against competition more suited for him at this point in his development. With Scola, Bennet and Booker available at PF, unless they planned on giving Cmc a few minutes at SF early on in the year while LeVert recovers, there's no reason not to give Cmc a dleague stint.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#215 » by jbeachboy » Wed Oct 5, 2016 11:40 pm

Ror1997 wrote:I think Cmc could immensely benefit from an extended DLegaue stint. He can still practice with the NBA team, while getting the minutes he needs against competition more suited for him at this point in his development. With Scola, Bennet and Booker available at PF, unless they planned on giving Cmc a few minutes at SF early on in the year while LeVert recovers, there's no reason not to give Cmc a dleague stint.

i wonder if nets have the balls to do that. i would respect that.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#216 » by shakendfries » Wed Oct 5, 2016 11:44 pm

jbeachboy wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:I think Cmc could immensely benefit from an extended DLegaue stint. He can still practice with the NBA team, while getting the minutes he needs against competition more suited for him at this point in his development. With Scola, Bennet and Booker available at PF, unless they planned on giving Cmc a few minutes at SF early on in the year while LeVert recovers, there's no reason not to give Cmc a dleague stint.

i wonder if nets have the balls to do that. i would respect that.

There's no doubt in my mind that Marks wouldn't hesitate to send CMC to Long Island if he thinks CMC could use the development.
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#217 » by DeRoma » Thu Oct 6, 2016 12:16 am

Mosdefinition wrote:
DeRoma wrote:

When did 21 become old?

You do realize players used to stay in college until they were juniors and seniors *gasp* some even red shirted and stayed 5

Look around them league most of the solid players were 25 26 when they came into there own

Listen I get where you are coming from. The thing is his game is really behind as in REALLY behind. I would honestly compare it to a high schooler. He has so many missing tools that prevents him he can become with such raw talent. This guy has a good release, has the speed of a small forward, really long wingspan, and can jump out of the building. Pretty much every talent you need to be able to be atleast a good player. Yet, look at what his missing...

His only real offensive skill is his triple threat which is not even effective considering all he really can do is drive in or shoot the ball. Nobody is scared of him. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have an off-hand (Worst than Brook). He has no post moves whatsoever. He has no clue how to play off the ball. Doesn't know how to set screens nor cut. Doesn't have good hands catching the rock.

My point is, the only effective thing CmaC does is a spot up 3s(38%), transition dunks, and playing the passing lanes. Everything else on his game is complete crap. I.e. he is not effective at all. I feel like he doesn't know how to play basketball whatsoever. Then again, the reason could be that he only played like 15 games in college which is why his game and basketball IQ is horrible. He was also inserted in the middle of the season which can be the reason why it looks like he is a plug n play out there getting minutes. Yet, when I saw him in SL he was also doing the same thing.

I just think he doesn't have a basketball mind. That's pretty much it. For a 21 year old to be so behind is astonishing to me.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: RE: Re: The Official Chris 'C-Mac' McCullough Thread 

Post#218 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Oct 6, 2016 12:46 am

DeRoma wrote:
Mosdefinition wrote:
DeRoma wrote:If you ask me, I don't agree, I don't think he has the highest ceiling in this team. You are right that he is a physically gifted player. However, I think his mentality, his game skills, are all so terrible. He doesn't use his length that well (except for playing the passing lane). He doesn't finish strong in the paint. He tends put the ball low when he faces up. He is too afraid to catch a pass. There is no assertion on his game. Constantly uses his talents over being a good basketball player. He is too much of a project to reach his actual potential considering he is already 21.

When did 21 become old?

Listen I get where you are coming from. The thing is his game is really behind as in REALLY behind. I would honestly compare it to a high schooler. He has so many missing tools that prevents him he can become with such raw talent. This guy has a good release, has the speed of a small forward, really long wingspan, and can jump out of the building. Pretty much every talent you need to be able to be atleast a good player. Yet, look at what his missing...

His only real offensive skill is his triple threat which is not even effective considering all he really can do is drive in or shoot the ball. Nobody is scared of him. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have an off-hand (Worst than Brook). He has no post moves whatsoever. He has no clue how to play off the ball. Doesn't know how to set screens nor cut. Doesn't have good hands catching the rock.

My point is, the only effective thing CmaC does is a spot up 3s(38%), transition dunks, and playing the passing lanes. Everything else on his game is complete crap. I.e. he is not effective at all. I feel like he doesn't know how to play basketball whatsoever. Then again, the reason could be that he only played like 15 games in college which is why his game and basketball IQ is horrible. He was also inserted in the middle of the season which can be the reason why it looks like he is a plug n play out there getting minutes. Yet, when I saw him in SL he was also doing the same thing.

I just think he doesn't have a basketball mind. That's pretty much it. For a 21 year old to be so behind is astonishing to me.

Agreed 100%.

I have comments about the entire team that i saw on the open practice footage that I will save for another thread.

However, CMC looked exactly the same as last year. Doesn't really have a clue of what to do except shoot open 3s when he's open.

The difference between some players who have all of the physical tools but are bad and the ones who become superstars with the same (or maybe even less) tools is what lies between the ears.

The mind of a basketball player doesn't progress like other physical attributes. There is a baseline of BBIQ in the NBA that you have to have in order to be a respectable contributor on a solid team. I don't see it in him. And BBIQ is not something that you can just go and purchase in Vitamin Shoppe. You either have enough of a critical mass of BBIQ that can grow over time or you don't have enough.

He needs to show some flashes of intelligent play to show that he has the potential to keep getting better and learning.

Sent from my SM-N900T using RealGM mobile app
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#219 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Oct 6, 2016 5:08 am

DeRoma wrote:My point is, the only effective thing CmaC does is a spot up 3s(38%), transition dunks, and playing the passing lanes.

Sounds like a good fit with Lin, (and Kenny?) the main question tho, is whether he can D and rebound.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Mosdefinition
Senior
And1: 116

Post#220 » by Mosdefinition » Thu Oct 6, 2016 4:53 pm

:crazy:
DeRoma wrote:
Mosdefinition wrote:
DeRoma wrote:If you ask me, I don't agree, I don't think he has the highest ceiling in this team. You are right that he is a physically gifted player. However, I think his mentality, his game skills, are all so terrible. He doesn't use his length that well (except for playing the passing lane). He doesn't finish strong in the paint. He tends put the ball low when he faces up. He is too afraid to catch a pass. There is no assertion on his game. Constantly uses his talents over being a good basketball player. He is too much of a project to reach his actual potential considering he is already 21.

When did 21 become old?

Hr barely played in college and was coming off of a major injury

We can't even begin to say what he is or could be right now

Return to Brooklyn Nets