Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: C-Mac - The Chris McCullough Thread 

Post#281 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Feb 6, 2017 9:50 pm

slightly echoing VC4P.....

i mean look at who's playing and still playing, if we're all about progress(blahhhhhhhhhh) why isn't CMC getting time here? PF just too crowded?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#282 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Feb 7, 2017 1:52 am

yeah, the kid sucks balls. We don't have any sample size of him getting legit NBA minutes to come to that conclusion yet, but lets run with it based off of conjecture.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
spaceballer
Head Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#283 » by spaceballer » Tue Feb 7, 2017 2:37 am

Is it possible that they're hiding him in the D-League till after the trade deadline so that other teams won't ask for him in trade? Or is that too optimistic?
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#284 » by Shark » Tue Feb 7, 2017 4:43 am

No reason for them to do that either. In the end it doesn't matter if another team inquires about his trade availability if the Nets aren't trading him. Of course it never hurts to listen to offers, but I think he's in the D-League to get playing time. That's about it.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

C-Mac - The Chris McCullough Thread 

Post#285 » by Paradise » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:14 am

Teams believe developing a pick in the D-League for a full season or half season is the equivalent of MLB minor league training. Teams are buying their own D-League team to stash their projects and develop them without tanking. More than half of the 1st round prospects from the 2016 draft are right now back and forth in the D-League.

The only reason teams recall prospects are due to roster construction and travel. In 2012, The Grizzlies would send down their draft pick during the off days and the guy might be going to Iowa from Memphis.

Andrew Harrison spent all of last season in the D-League. He was a large part in the Grizzlies winning streak due to his D and half court playmaking when Conley was injured.

Sean Marks is following that same model. He will bring up McCullough depending on the deadline. He will likely play throughout the D-league season and then straight to summer league.

McCullough needs to see consistent court time and get bigger. He missed out on a full season in college. McCullough should've been in this draft class. He's averaging 18/8 in the D-League and I'm sure he would've been capable of similar numbers in Syracuse had he stayed in school.

Corey Joseph in Toronto has currently lost his rotation spot to Fred Van Vleet who went undrafted and has never seen an NBA court until this season after being seasoned in the D-League most of the season.

Let's wait a minute before casting aspersions on anything. This is CMC's first season of basketball since his 15 game freshman season and he's averaging 18/8. He also was just announced to the D-League all-star team which will be airing on TV.

He's doing well. I'd say his development is a lot more noticeable than Rondae who is now starting to figure out aspects of the game and earning respect from the officials.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#286 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 2:16 pm

It's all discussion, no one is throwing the mallet at him.

It's still both odd and interesting.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#287 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Feb 7, 2017 3:24 pm

I'm just baffled at the "lets give up on this guy" mentality from fans of this team when we a) don't have draft picks and b) all of these guys are all in developmental stages in their NBA careers.

People bitch and moan because the team let Yogi get claimed by the Mavericks and in the same breath want to flush McCullough, Hollis-Jefferson, and Whitehead into the toilet at the first chance they get. Funny.

Pistolpete1947
Pro Prospect
And1: 143

Post#288 » by Pistolpete1947 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 3:33 pm

At this point why not bring him up and start him at pf? He can shoot the 3 so then you can start RHJ at the three. Nothing to lose.
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#289 » by Ror1997 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 4:15 pm

Marks plan was to give McCullough a year to develop in the DLeague, right? Why abandon that plan? Give me a logical reason to abandon a working plan so that CMC can come play a smaller role during a lost season?
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#290 » by Ror1997 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 4:45 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I'm just baffled at the "lets give up on this guy" mentality from fans of this team when we a) don't have draft picks and b) all of these guys are all in developmental stages in their NBA careers.

People bitch and moan because the team let Yogi get claimed by the Mavericks and in the same breath want to flush McCullough, Hollis-Jefferson, and Whitehead into the toilet at the first chance they get. Funny.

Net fans are ridiculously impatient for no reason.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#291 » by Prokorov » Tue Feb 7, 2017 5:46 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:slightly echoing VC4P.....

i mean look at who's playing and still playing, if we're all about progress(blahhhhhhhhhh) why isn't CMC getting time here? PF just too crowded?

i honestly think he hasnt shown enough.... the dleague number slook ncie but if you watch a few games there is like zero size in that league. he evens spends alot of time at center there.

i think its less about his play and more about his body. when he adds 15 pounds and isnt hesistant with contact he will get his shot.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#292 » by Prokorov » Tue Feb 7, 2017 5:47 pm

Ror1997 wrote:Marks plan was to give McCullough a year to develop in the DLeague, right? Why abandon that plan? Give me a logical reason to abandon a working plan so that CMC can come play a smaller role during a lost season?

agreed, especially when Cmacs biggest issues arent on the floor. they are his size/weight/strength
Lead Assistant
And1: 277

Post#293 » by 624 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:36 pm

Pistolpete1947 wrote:At this point why not bring him up and start him at pf? He can shoot the 3 so then you can start RHJ at the three. Nothing to lose.

Whitehead-LeVert-RHJ-CMC-Lopez would be fun to watch. Not like we're winning games anyway.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#294 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Feb 7, 2017 8:00 pm

i agree with the strength comments. hell, McCullough, RHJ, and LeVert all need to be locked into a gym this summer.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#295 » by Paradise » Tue Feb 7, 2017 9:38 pm

He's headed to All-Star Weekend

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#296 » by jbeachboy » Tue Feb 7, 2017 10:09 pm

leave mccullough in d league next year too, theres no reason to rush him.
jrob23
Starter
And1: 791

Post#297 » by jrob23 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 10:23 pm

I imagine you are trying to build up trade value for everyone up in BK. McCullough looks like he may have a role in your future. Maybe they wait until they make trades and open up a spot for him. After the deadline if he's still not up I'd have to for the first time question Marks. McCullough has shown enough that he warrants developmental NBA minutes over what you've got currently.

This isn't a playoff team, there's no excuse not to bring him up in March. People ask why the rush? Well, suppose you bring him up and he approximates his D-League production and establishes a rapport with Lin and LeVert. Now come Celtic's draft pick in the 20s...maybe you come to the realization that CM is your present and future stretch 4/PF so there's no need to take one of those in the draft. Use the pick on SF Justin Jackson, PG Frank Mason III, or Center Jonathan Jeanne. It's about having more information heading into the draft i.e. knowing what you currently have as far as who is going to be part of the rebuild.

At worse, it appears that CM will make for a very solid bench/role player the day he gets called up. Maybe he's more. A nice end of season audition might tell you
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: RE: Re: C-Mac - The Chris McCullough Thread 

Post#298 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Feb 8, 2017 5:14 am

jbeachboy wrote:leave mccullough in d league next year too, theres no reason to rush him.

Actually there is.

He needs to prove he's an NBA player before the deadline for extending QOs to a 3rd year going to 4th year players becomes official.

He can't play his entire 3rd year without us having a plan about his 4th year, which is either the 1-year QO or the final year of the rookie scale contract before a previously agreed to extension kicks in.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: RE: Re: C-Mac - The Chris McCullough Thread 

Post#299 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Feb 8, 2017 5:21 am

jrob23 wrote:I imagine you are trying to build up trade value for everyone up in BK. McCullough looks like he may have a role in your future. Maybe they wait until they make trades and open up a spot for him. After the deadline if he's still not up I'd have to for the first time question Marks. McCullough has shown enough that he warrants developmental NBA minutes over what you've got currently.

This isn't a playoff team, there's no excuse not to bring him up in March. People ask why the rush? Well, suppose you bring him up and he approximates his D-League production and establishes a rapport with Lin and LeVert. Now come Celtic's draft pick in the 20s...maybe you come to the realization that CM is your present and future stretch 4/PF so there's no need to take one of those in the draft. Use the pick on SF Justin Jackson, PG Frank Mason III, or Center Jonathan Jeanne. It's about having more information heading into the draft i.e. knowing what you currently have as far as who is going to be part of the rebuild.

At worse, it appears that CM will make for a very solid bench/role player the day he gets called up. Maybe he's more. A nice end of season audition might tell you

If Marks and Kenny felt more comfortable throwing Whitehead out there immediately in the position that Kenny has referred to as the "engine of the team" but CMC can't make it over someone like Scola, I highly doubt that the Nets are actually holding him back.

Plenty of players routinely put up ridiculous numbers in the D-League so I'm not worried about his production down there.

I trust our staff enough to know when a player is good enough to handle reps at the NBA level. This isn't like Yogi who didn't fit the physical expectations our staff was looking for; CMC has the height and athleticism we want but he has to put it all together more before he can warrant big minutes in the league.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#300 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 8, 2017 6:02 pm

jrob23 wrote:I imagine you are trying to build up trade value for everyone up in BK. McCullough looks like he may have a role in your future. Maybe they wait until they make trades and open up a spot for him. After the deadline if he's still not up I'd have to for the first time question Marks. McCullough has shown enough that he warrants developmental NBA minutes over what you've got currently.

he isnt an NBA player... when he gets stronger and bigger you bring him up. there is no benefit brining him up before then. no one is trading for a glorified second rounder who is to weak to play PF and doesnt have the 3 point range to play SF.

CmC doesnt effect our draft in any way, shape, or form. any future he has here is as a role guy

Return to Brooklyn Nets