ImageImageImageImageImage

SK! - The Sean Kilpatrick Appreciation Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: SK! - The Sean Kilpatrick Thread 

Post#161 » by Prokorov » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:20 pm

oldjim wrote:Actually Kilpatrick has improved his defense so much last year, and his contract is cheap, i think it is suitable to keep him

actually he didnt. statistically across the board he was as bad or worse in ever category including DRPM/DRAPM/DWS/PPP allowed

he was on of the leagues worst defensive players again last year
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

SK! - The Sean Kilpatrick Thread  

Post#162 » by Paradise » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:18 pm

Sean talks about his summer with Durant:

“We’ve been talking about it a lot, especially with our assistant coach, Adam Harrington, who’s a mentor as well,” Kilpatrick told SLAM. “He actually connected us a year ago and ever since then, the sky’s been the limit as for me and Kevin’s relationship. The fact that I’ve been going through this whole process and journey, he can relate to my grind and the effort I put in on the court. He said that if you want to have an impact, make sure you come out to California when I call. The next week after he called, I was out there. For the past couple of days, it’s been crazy. With his work ethic, you can sit there and see why he’s the NBA Finals MVP. ”

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,538

Post#163 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:56 pm

Good stuff. It will be interesting to see what happens with Kilpatrick, there's a logjam at guard right now but his skillset is still useful.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#164 » by Ror1997 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:08 pm

Skil breaking out would be very interesting. He's not the ideal fit for a dual ball handler back court, and He's too small to play major SF minutes.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#165 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:03 am

Paradise wrote:Sean talks about his summer with Durant:

“We’ve been talking about it a lot, especially with our assistant coach, Adam Harrington, who’s a mentor as well,” Kilpatrick told SLAM. “He actually connected us a year ago and ever since then, the sky’s been the limit as for me and Kevin’s relationship. The fact that I’ve been going through this whole process and journey, he can relate to my grind and the effort I put in on the court. He said that if you want to have an impact, make sure you come out to California when I call. The next week after he called, I was out there. For the past couple of days, it’s been crazy. With his work ethic, you can sit there and see why he’s the NBA Finals MVP. ”

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Oh, that's right, we hired KD's former shooting coach/trainer as assistant coach, that's why they are working out together!
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Paradise

Post#166 » by Paradise » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:29 pm

#Year2 of Kilpatrick.

In order to be close to winning 30+ games. We're going to need a Lou Williams-like scorer to do it. That's where Sean excels at. He's been working out with Caris a lot. I don't see why this can't be a deep bench?

Dinwiddie / Kilpatrick / LeVert / Carroll / Allen

Roy Tarpley
Veteran
And1: 987

Post#167 » by Roy Tarpley » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:55 pm

Yeah, I see Whitehead being more of the odd-man out
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#168 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Not me. Whitehead makes plays on both ends of the court and is a ball handler. Skil's scoring will be put to use but I doubt any of the Nets young players are getting deep sixed in favor of Skil.

Ror1997
Analyst

Post#169 » by Ror1997 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:34 pm

Whitehead will have minutes don't worry
Paradise

Post#170 » by Paradise » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:36 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Not me. Whitehead makes plays on both ends of the court and is a ball handler. Skil's scoring will be put to use but I doubt any of the Nets young players are getting deep sixed in favor of Skil.

Not sure Whitehead is capable of averaging 12 a night off the bench. It's going to be his offensive development vs Skil's defensive development.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Ror1997
Analyst

Post#171 » by Ror1997 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:40 pm

The real odd man out is Harris imo. And that sucks because Harris is a better all around player than Skil.
Roy Tarpley
Veteran
And1: 987

Post#172 » by Roy Tarpley » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:04 pm

Very interesting question, this jam in the backcourt.

I feel like for the three wing spots (144 minutes total), certain minutes are predictable:

PG: Lin (30)
SG: Russell (30); Levert (12)
SF: Crabbe (28); Levert (12)

So that's 112 minutes right there, and 32 remaining wing minutes to divide between Dinwiddie, Skil, Whitehead, and Harris.

Dinwiddie will get most of the backup PG minutes, Whitehead may get some. Harris or Whitehead could get the 8 SF minutes. But not much time left at SG. Skil or Whitehead will get the short end of the stick.
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#173 » by steady » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:29 pm

Roy Tarpley wrote:Very interesting question, this jam in the backcourt.

I feel like for the three wing spots (144 minutes total), certain minutes are predictable:

PG: Lin (30)
SG: Russell (30); Levert (12)
SF: Crabbe (28); Levert (12)

So that's 112 minutes right there, and 32 remaining wing minutes to divide between Dinwiddie, Skil, Whitehead, and Harris.

Dinwiddie will get most of the backup PG minutes, Whitehead may get some. Harris or Whitehead could get the 8 SF minutes. But not much time left at SG. Skil or Whitehead will get the short end of the stick.

My 2 cents.

Skil is going to get minutes - 10-12 maybe
Dinwiddie is going to get less than expected -- b/c Russell will get some play at backup PG next to LeVert (with both playmaking)
DMC is going to get some run at SF - his attempts at PF have not been that great so far

I have Whitehead, Harris and Dinwiddie getting the fewest minutes of 1-3. But they are each going to get minutes depending on the game. Nets are going to have a long rotation
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#174 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:48 pm

Out of anyone, I would be stunned if Dinwiddie doesn't get solid minutes. he's a more than capable back up, an active defender and knocks down a solid clip from 3.

I like Skil and I know he's going to be apart of the mix but his lack of defense does him no favors.

steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#175 » by steady » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:55 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Out of anyone, I would be stunned if Dinwiddie doesn't get solid minutes. he's a more than capable back up, an active defender and knocks down a solid clip from 3.

I like Skil and I know he's going to be apart of the mix but his lack of defense does him no favors.

I agree, I like Dinwiddie. And his defense is good. ... we will see. it is all conjecture until we get some preseason games, and get a sense of what we are working with in terms of player improvement and player additions
Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#176 » by Aussienet3 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:32 pm

When adding up the 144 minutes total. I think we are forgetting about injuries that will no doubt occur. Also with sports science (i'm not a huge fan) dictating that players take nights off to give players more rest/recovery time. Plus you factor in form slumps. I think the minutes will even it's self out. The fact that we have a log jam means we should have players flat out hustling every time on the court. Which can only be a good thing.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#177 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:52 am

Aussienet3 wrote:When adding up the 144 minutes total. I think we are forgetting about injuries that will no doubt occur. Also with sports science (i'm not a huge fan) dictating that players take nights off to give players more rest/recovery time. Plus you factor in form slumps. I think the minutes will even it's self out. The fact that we have a log jam means we should have players flat out hustling every time on the court. Which can only be a good thing.

agreed. this is a great problem to have. and at our pace, guys will get their turn.

ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#178 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:54 am

This team has so many interchangeable parts, it's gonna be able to withstand injuries pretty well, much better than last year.

It's most likely gonna be have the fastest pace again, is it gonna have the most hustle?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#179 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:21 pm

steady wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Out of anyone, I would be stunned if Dinwiddie doesn't get solid minutes. he's a more than capable back up, an active defender and knocks down a solid clip from 3.

I agree, I like Dinwiddie. And his defense is good. ... we will see. it is all conjecture until we get some preseason games, and get a sense of what we are working with in terms of player improvement and player additions

it's crazy, when we signed Din I thought it was dumb considering all the Yogi hype stuff. Then, as Din proved himself, I started seeing the Shaun Livingston comparisons and realizing we got a steal with this guy. I think he'll be a competent backup for years to come and his physical size, ball handling, and defensive skills are definitely what does it for me. We'll have enough shooters/scorers off the bench and I think he'll be the perfect compliment to those players and the system we have.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#180 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:12 am

Keith Van Horn wrote:
steady wrote:

it's crazy, when we signed Din I thought it was dumb considering all the Yogi hype stuff. Then, as Din proved himself, I started seeing the Shaun Livingston comparisons and realizing we got a steal with this guy. I think he'll be a competent backup for years to come and his physical size, ball handling, and defensive skills are definitely what does it for me. We'll have enough shooters/scorers off the bench and I think he'll be the perfect compliment to those players and the system we have.

Kenny should a lot of credit on this one

He was wildly erratic at the beginning, then became very steady.

Maybe some credit to Lin as well
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Brooklyn Nets