Predict Nets 2016 Offseason trades & transactions

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Re: Re: Re: Predict Nets 2016 Offseason trades & transactions 

Post#261 » by DarkXaero » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:11 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Paradise wrote:You can get a guard that creates shots for himself as a sixth man. That's not the ideal look for a team interesting in moving the ball. The Hawks got to the ECF with Carroll/Korver and both cannot create their own offense.

You conveniently left out the fact the Hawks had Teague and Millsap as starting offensive initiators/creators.
You cannot relegate such a primary role to the bench. If you want a good offense, you need to have at least one dynamic offensive star along with Brook or you need to have at least 2 above average competent creators.

Throwing out a lineup of Conley/Bazemore/RHJ/Thad/Brook is going to be mediocre at best. I'm leaning toward it being ranked in the 20s for pace, ORTG, and efficiency.
I completely disagree there. Assuming Conley can stay healthy, he'd be an all star caliber addition who could average something like 17/8 while giving you great defense at PG position. Bazemore isn't anything special offensively but he is athletic, active, and he has improved his 3pt shooting to become a respectable shooter. RHJ is excellent defensively and knows his limitations offensively. Between Conley, Bazemore, and RHJ, you can have 3 really good defenders at their positions. Thad Young would need to be able to shoot more 3s and more efficiently to make the lineup work, but if he can do that, it works really well. And Brook will work really well with Conley offensively while his defensive weaknesses can be exploited less with really good defenders at 1-3. So in no way do I see that as a mediocre lineup at best. It can be elite defensively and very good offensively if spacing issues could be fixed. But considering that Memphis had worse spacing and that worked out okay, there's no reason why this can't.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: Re: Re: Re: Predict Nets 2016 Offseason trades & transactions 

Post#262 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:16 am

DarkXaero wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
Paradise wrote:You can get a guard that creates shots for himself as a sixth man. That's not the ideal look for a team interesting in moving the ball. The Hawks got to the ECF with Carroll/Korver and both cannot create their own offense.

You conveniently left out the fact the Hawks had Teague and Millsap as starting offensive initiators/creators.
You cannot relegate such a primary role to the bench. If you want a good offense, you need to have at least one dynamic offensive star along with Brook or you need to have at least 2 above average competent creators.

Throwing out a lineup of Conley/Bazemore/RHJ/Thad/Brook is going to be mediocre at best. I'm leaning toward it being ranked in the 20s for pace, ORTG, and efficiency.
I completely disagree there. Assuming Conley can stay healthy, he'd be an all star caliber addition who could average something like 17/8 while giving you great defense at PG position. Bazemore isn't anything special offensively but he is athletic, active, and he has improved his 3pt shooting to become a respectable shooter. RHJ is excellent defensively and knows his limitations offensively. Between Conley, Bazemore, and RHJ, you can have 3 really good defenders at their positions. Thad Young would need to be able to shoot more 3s and more efficiently to make the lineup work, but if he can do that, it works really well. And Brook will work really well with Conley offensively while his defensive weaknesses can be exploited less with really good defenders at 1-3. So in no way do I see that as a mediocre lineup at best. It can be elite defensively and very good offensively if spacing issues could be fixed. But considering that Memphis had worse spacing and that worked out okay, there's no reason why this can't.

My post was about the offensive side of the ball. I meant the offense would be mediocre, hence why I throughout offensive stats.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Re: Re: Re: Re: Predict Nets 2016 Offseason trades & transactions 

Post#263 » by DarkXaero » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:45 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:You conveniently left out the fact the Hawks had Teague and Millsap as starting offensive initiators/creators.

My post was about the offensive side of the ball. I meant the offense would be mediocre, hence why I throughout offensive stats.

I still disagree.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Predict Nets 2016 Offseason trades & transactions 

Post#264 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:21 am

DarkXaero wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:I completely disagree there. Assuming Conley can stay healthy, he'd be an all star caliber addition who could average something like 17/8 while giving you great defense at PG position. Bazemore isn't anything special offensively but he is athletic, active, and he has improved his 3pt shooting to become a respectable shooter. RHJ is excellent defensively and knows his limitations offensively. Between Conley, Bazemore, and RHJ, you can have 3 really good defenders at their positions. Thad Young would need to be able to shoot more 3s and more efficiently to make the lineup work, but if he can do that, it works really well. And Brook will work really well with Conley offensively while his defensive weaknesses can be exploited less with really good defenders at 1-3. So in no way do I see that as a mediocre lineup at best. It can be elite defensively and very good offensively if spacing issues could be fixed. But considering that Memphis had worse spacing and that worked out okay, there's no reason why this can't.

I still disagree.

Ok, do you want to explain why we'd be a good offensive team then?

The Atlanta Hawks were 22nd in ORTG this past season.

Their lineup of Teague/Bazemore or Sefolosha/Korver/Millsap/Horford has more spacing, shooting, and ability to create than a lineup of Conley/Bazemore/RHJ/Thad/Lopez.

The teams ranked ahead of us from 20-26 had ORTGs incrementally spread between 106.09 and 105.06.

We were a full 1.3 points behind the team directly ahead of us. In fact, we were closer to the Suns disastrous offense than we were to the team ahead of us.

If Conley penetrate to the basket, he's kicking it out to Bazemore, RHJ, and Thad. Where's the great scoring coming from.

The offense needs a major face lift before we can even talk about being an average offensive team. And ORTG rose whem Tony took over (while our DRTG tanked) and we still ended up with an abysmal ranking.

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Re: Predict Nets 2016 Offseason trades & transactions 

Post#265 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:55 am

I feel like Thad would be a weak link in a lineup like that. He would need to be traded to a team like Phoenix for pure cap and you go for broke convincing Horford to join Conley here, trade Bogs and McCullough for pick in the teens and roll with young wings in a McCaw or Valentine along with RHJ and Kilpatrick, sign VC for the Room Exception.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#266 » by Prokorov » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:00 am

they have millsap and teague. two guys who can create offense. we dont have that with thad and dont have a pg yet... like i said, it works if you can get a point gaurd who can score and create offense. otherwise, not so much.

also with carroll/lorver thats still 2 guys you can leave open. bazemore is a decent shooter but he is no korver from deep, and rhj isnt a shooter at all
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#267 » by Prokorov » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:04 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:I feel like Thad would be a weak link in a lineup like that. He would need to be traded to a team like Phoenix for pure cap and you go for broke convincing Horford to join Conley here, trade Bogs and McCullough for pick in the teens and roll with young wings in a McCaw or Valentine along with RHJ and Kilpatrick, sign VC for the Room Exception.

yup... bazemore/rhj/thad is just too little offense at your 2-4 spots. you need at least 1 offense creater there and ideally a pair of range shooters.

i think thats a good teamthat wins 40-45 games. but the offense would struggle
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Re: Re: Re: Predict Nets 2016 Offseason trades & transactions 

Post#268 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:42 am

NyCeEvO wrote:

If you told me that was our starting 5 in a few months i'll take that right now, pace be damned
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Post#269 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:43 am

Prokorov wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:I feel like Thad would be a weak link in a lineup like that. He would need to be traded to a team like Phoenix for pure cap and you go for broke convincing Horford to join Conley here, trade Bogs and McCullough for pick in the teens and roll with young wings in a McCaw or Valentine along with RHJ and Kilpatrick, sign VC for the Room Exception.

yup... bazemore/rhj/thad is just too little offense at your 2-4 spots. you need at least 1 offense creater there and ideally a pair of range shooters.

jumping from 20 to 40-45 within one year is pretty huge. i'll take that
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Re: RE: Re: Predict Nets 2016 Offseason trades & transactions 

Post#270 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:26 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
NyCeEvo wrote:There are multiple approaches to this. Every year there is an established team that blows it up, sheds a good player for a previously unforeseen reason, or a very good player becomes disgruntled enough to demand out.

You've already listed some players who I believe are both on par with Conley's talent/impact level and cost much less than a $20+mil per season contract.

IMO, Bledsoe, Teague, and Rubio easily fit this category.

Below them is someone like Derrick Rose, who only has 1 year left at $20mil and really demonstrated between January and March that he's capable of being a starting caliber PG in this league again. We wouldn't need to sign him to a new deal. With it being the last year of his contract, he can basically play for his next contract and serve as a stop-gap PG to 2017.

Schroder, Holiday, Oladipo, Brandon Knight (yuck), McCollum, E.Payton, Rondo are above-average PGs who are slightly below Conley in my books but whose price tags would be better "talent-per-dollar" contracts than whatever Conley will get.

Those are 10 non-allstar PGs who don't cost that much money and I'm absolutely positive could be attainable in the right deals. That's plenty of PGs for Marks to consider. He really shouldn't have a problem getting one of them by trading Thad and a filler like Bogs for one of them.

Schroeder isn't on Conley's level imo.

Oladipo and McCollum are absolutely not point guards. Straight up and down shooting guards.

Knight is a combo guard you hope a coach like Atkinson could groom into a point guard.

Not a single one of these guys, nor Bledsoe, Rose, Teague, or Rubio, is going to come for Bogs and change, unless that change is RHJ and McCullough, or Marks can land a lotto pick for Thad in a 3 way deal.

Most of these players aren't even going to be available period.

Orlando is not moving Payton unless it's for a star. Oladipo is a shooting guard (who I'd love on this team btw) but they'll want a star for him as well.

Atlanta is going to want a decent haul for Teague or they'll wait till the deadline, leaving us stuck for 55 games.

Same for Chicago and they'll want to preserve 2017 cap in most deals.

Same for Phoenix. They'll want a star or high lotto pick or stud prospect for Bledsoe. Knight can probably come cheap,but I know you hate him lol.

Rubio might come semi-cheap in a multi-team deal.

Holiday Marks might be able to get for Thad and Bogs, maybe McCullough in there too. I'd love that deal.

I know surprise trades happen, but outside of Holiday, Teague, Rose or Rubio, I don't see any point guards of note being moved and all of those guys are likely to be moved in season for better assets than we have.

But point being, I don't see a ton of options with our assets.

Conley would be overpaid on max money, but I don't think he'd be this immovable albatross by any means, as long as he stays healthy. He'd remain coveted. You point to Joe Johnson, but he was considered the second worst contact in the league and netted a first round pick and two swap options attached to expirings.

I'm not even necessarily advocating the move, I'm just saying you can do a lot worse. A lot worse.

I wasn't/am not going to respond to this point by point.

That post was basically suggesting that there are definitely possibilities of obtaining PGs via trades.

At least one team has a semi- or full scale blowup. As long as the Nets are interested in being facilitators of deals and thereby stockpile even small assets, I don't know how you can deny before the offseason has even really started yet that we'd be unable to get any of those players.

I guess we'll just have to see who gets dealt in the summer and what they were traded for.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#271 » by Prokorov » Sun May 1, 2016 1:36 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

jumping from 20 to 40-45 within one year is pretty huge. i'll take that

so will I... i was just noting how we would likely struggle on offense.

also, it is basically a lock we improve 10+ wins. you cant go from bench and dleaguers starting to even poor nba starters and not see a monumental increase.

look at the difference just from last year dwill/AA to sloan/larkin/ellington. and thats with dwill at his lowest point ever.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: Predict Nets 2016 Offseason trades & transactions 

Post#272 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun May 1, 2016 3:51 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
NyCeEvo wrote:There are multiple approaches to this. Every year there is an established team that blows it up, sheds a good player for a previously unforeseen reason, or a very good player becomes disgruntled enough to demand out.

You've already listed some players who I believe are both on par with Conley's talent/impact level and cost much less than a $20+mil per season contract.

IMO, Bledsoe, Teague, and Rubio easily fit this category.

Below them is someone like Derrick Rose, who only has 1 year left at $20mil and really demonstrated between January and March that he's capable of being a starting caliber PG in this league again. We wouldn't need to sign him to a new deal. With it being the last year of his contract, he can basically play for his next contract and serve as a stop-gap PG to 2017.

Schroder, Holiday, Oladipo, Brandon Knight (yuck), McCollum, E.Payton, Rondo are above-average PGs who are slightly below Conley in my books but whose price tags would be better "talent-per-dollar" contracts than whatever Conley will get.

Those are 10 non-allstar PGs who don't cost that much money and I'm absolutely positive could be attainable in the right deals. That's plenty of PGs for Marks to consider. He really shouldn't have a problem getting one of them by trading Thad and a filler like Bogs for one of them.

Schroeder isn't on Conley's level imo.

Oladipo and McCollum are absolutely not point guards. Straight up and down shooting guards.

Knight is a combo guard you hope a coach like Atkinson could groom into a point guard.

Not a single one of these guys, nor Bledsoe, Rose, Teague, or Rubio, is going to come for Bogs and change, unless that change is RHJ and McCullough, or Marks can land a lotto pick for Thad in a 3 way deal.

Orlando is not moving Payton unless it's for a star. Oladipo is a shooting guard (who I'd love on this team btw) but they'll want a star for him as well.

Atlanta is going to want a decent haul for Teague or they'll wait till the deadline, leaving us stuck for 55 games.

Same for Phoenix. They'll want a star or high lotto pick or stud prospect for Bledsoe. Knight can probably come cheap,but I know you hate him lol.

Holiday Marks might be able to get for Thad and Bogs, maybe McCullough in there too. I'd love that deal.

I know surprise trades happen, but outside of Holiday, Teague, Rose or Rubio, I don't see any point guards of note being moved and all of those guys are likely to be moved in season for better assets than we have.

Conley would be overpaid on max money, but I don't think he'd be this immovable albatross by any means, as long as he stays healthy. He'd remain coveted. You point to Joe Johnson, but he was considered the second worst contact in the league and netted a first round pick and two swap options attached to expirings.

I'm not even necessarily advocating the move, I'm just saying you can do a lot worse. A lot worse.

That post was basically suggesting that there are definitely possibilities of obtaining PGs via trades.

At least one team has a semi- or full scale blowup. As long as the Nets are interested in being facilitators of deals and thereby stockpile even small assets, I don't know how you can deny before the offseason has even really started yet that we'd be unable to get any of those players.

I guess we'll just have to see who gets dealt in the summer and what they were traded for.

I just don't think there are many possibilities even if a team blows it up.

The only actual point guards I see being available are Teague, Rose, Rubio and maybe Holiday.

Phoenix is in no man's land and will want one big primary asset or stud player for Bledsoe if they move him.

Knight you hate,though to me he's very acquirable.

You have to go through these point by point.

There are only so many desirable starting point guards in the NBA, you've covered basically every name down to a T who is likely or might be available.

Basically the first 4 that I just started this reply off with are the only actual point guards we might be able to acquire with meager assets and in all probability, Teague and Rose will almost definitely be held by their teams all the way until the February 2017 trade deadline, or most certainly until after this summer's free agency is over.

It pretty much comes down to specific names, not just the concept we can just trade for a point guard.

So on draft night or by the summer, the literal only 3 point guards worth mention to me are Rubio, Holiday and Knight, the former 2 we'd likely be outbid on. Also Holiday will be an UFA in 2017, meaning if he bounces back he's looking at close to max.

Conley is still the best option to me over hoping, praying and waiting someone falls into our laps. He's about the 7th best point in the NBA, still in his prime and a smart, gritty leader. The medical staff just has to be convinced he's legitimately healthy.

The only out of nowhere surprise I could see, is if Toronto loses to Indy and then especially if they lose DeRozan to free agency, they trade Lowry and roll with Joseph. But on that value contract, someone is out bidding us.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: Predict Nets 2016 Offseason trades & transactions 

Post#273 » by NyCeEvO » Sun May 1, 2016 3:55 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Schroeder isn't on Conley's level imo.

The only actual point guards I see being available are Teague, Rose, Rubio and maybe Holiday.

Phoenix is in no man's land and will want one big primary asset or stud player for Bledsoe if they move him.

There are only do many desirable starting point guards in the NBA, you've covered basically every name down to a T who is likely or might be available.

Basically the first 4 that I just started this reply off with are the only actual point guards we might be able to acquire with meager assets and in all probability, Teague and Rose will almost definitely be held by their teams all the way until the February 2017 trade deadline, or most certainly until after this summer's free agency is over.

It pretty much comes down to specific names, not just the concept we can just trade for a point guard.

So on draft night or by the summer, the literal only 3 point guards worth mention to me are Rubio, Holiday and Knight, the former 2 we'd likely be outbid on. Also Holiday will be an UFA in 2017, meaning if he bounces back he's looking at close to max.

Conley is still the best option to me over hoping, praying and waiting someone falls into our laps. He's about the 7th best point in the NBA, still in his prime and a smart, gritty leader. The medical staff just has to be convinced he's legitimately healthy.

The only out of nowhere surprise I could see, is if Toronto loses to Indy and then especially if they lose DeRozan to free agency, they trade Lowry and roll with Joseph. But on that value contract, someone is out bidding us.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Although, you know that if a deal happens, I'm coming for you, right?

vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: Predict Nets 2016 Offseason trades & transactions 

Post#274 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun May 1, 2016 4:09 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:I wasn't/am not going to respond to this point by point.

There are only do many desirable starting point guards in the NBA, you've covered basically every name down to a T who is likely or might be available.

LoL, yes I know you'll be coming for blood. :lol:

For the record, I have Conley as the 5th best point guard in the league, though I know many will vehemently disagree with me and that rankings are a tad arbitrary and absolutely fluid as an in general.

1. Steph Curry
2. Russell Westbrook
3. CP3
4. Damian Lillard
5. Mike Conley
6. Kyrie Irving
7. Kyle Lowry
8. Tony Parker
9. John Wall
10. Isaiah Thomas
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: Predict Nets 2016 Offseason trades & transactions 

Post#275 » by NyCeEvO » Sun May 1, 2016 6:16 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:I just don't think there are many possibilities even if a team blows it up.

For the record, I have Conley as the 5th best point guard in the league, though I know many will vehemently disagree with me and that rankings are a tad arbitrary and absolutely fluid as an in general.

1. Steph Curry
2. Russell Westbrook
3. CP3
4. Damian Lillard
5. Mike Conley
6. Kyrie Irving
7. Kyle Lowry
8. Tony Parker
9. John Wall
10. Isaiah Thomas

If you have him rated that highly then I can understand why you'd have no qualms about giving him a max contract.

Count me in with the group that "vehemently disagrees" with the list (lol) but in theory I'd probably give the #5 PG in the league a max or near-max deal.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: Predict Nets 2016 Offseason trades & transactions 

Post#276 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun May 1, 2016 6:41 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

1. Steph Curry
2. Russell Westbrook
3. CP3
4. Damian Lillard
5. Mike Conley
6. Kyrie Irving
7. Kyle Lowry
8. Tony Parker
9. John Wall
10. Isaiah Thomas

If you have him rated that highly then I can understand why you'd have no qualms about giving him a max contract.

Count me in with the group that "vehemently disagrees" with the list (lol) but in theory I'd probably give the #5 PG in the league a max or near-max deal.

Out of curiosity, what would your top ten look like?
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: Predict Nets 2016 Offseason trades & transactions 

Post#277 » by NyCeEvO » Sun May 1, 2016 7:00 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:LoL, yes I know you'll be coming for blood. :lol:

1. Steph Curry
2. Russell Westbrook
3. CP3
4. Damian Lillard
5. Mike Conley
6. Kyrie Irving
7. Kyle Lowry
8. Tony Parker
9. John Wall
10. Isaiah Thomas

I have them listed in tiers and are ranked according to the last healthy state I saw them in:

1. Curry
2. Westbrook/3. CP3
4. Lillard
5. Lowry/ 6. Wall/ 7. Thomas
8. Irving/ 9. Teague/ 10. Bledsoe/ 11. Conley
12. Rubio/ 13. Kemba

Tony Parker fell off a cliff. Age plus injuries from the last few seasons have rendered him largely ineffective. I think there are sizable of guards who can do what he's presently doing right now for SAS.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: Predict Nets 2016 Offseason trades & transactions 

Post#278 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun May 1, 2016 7:34 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:If you have him rated that highly then I can understand why you'd have no qualms about giving him a max contract.

I have them listed in tiers and are ranked according to the last healthy state I saw them in:

1. Curry
2. Westbrook/3. CP3
4. Lillard
5. Lowry/ 6. Wall/ 7. Thomas
8. Irving/ 9. Teague/ 10. Bledsoe/ 11. Conley
12. Rubio/ 13. Kemba

Tony Parker fell off a cliff. Age plus injuries from the last few seasons have rendered him largely ineffective. I think there are sizable of guards who can do what he's presently doing right now for SAS.

I can't disagree with this too much. I'd obviously at least flip Conley with Teague at worst though. I like Conley in that tier above though, maybe I'm crazy lol.
Prokorov
RealGM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: Predict Nets 2016 Offseason trades & transactions 

Post#279 » by Prokorov » Sun May 1, 2016 8:29 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:I can't disagree with this too much. I'd obviously at least flip Conley with Teague at worst though. I like Conley in that tier above though, maybe I'm crazy lol.

conley is a 2 way player and a leader. thats his value.... the issue is PG defense isnt as important in todays nba, so that limits how much impact that has and intagables always make things fuzzy.

i think curry, paul, westbrook, wall are all clearly better.

then you have thomas, lillard, conley.

Lillard is one of the worst defenders in the league. thats not lip service. he is like bottom ten out of almost 600 players in defensive rapm. like bogs/bargani level bad. bottom in PPP allowed among point gaurds. thomas is quite that bad, but he is poor as well. thomas to me isnt really a PG. he is a SG you have to play at the one due to his size. so im eliminating him based on i wouldnt want him to start at pg for me id want him to be 6th man like stevens was doing with bradley as the starter.

so between conley and lillard, if we are talking one season give me conley. obviously with age and poitential it isnt close to who you take long term. but i think on a team that doesnt go at a snails pace conley is giving you 18/8 with excellent defense, extremely high iq and leadership.

so

steph
westbrook
paul
wall
conley
lillard

is how id shake it out
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Predict Nets 2016 Offseason trades & transactions 

Post#280 » by Paradise » Mon May 2, 2016 3:28 am

I would personally take a healthy Bledsoe over Teague, Conley and Thomas but that tier between those four is a complete toss up.

Return to Brooklyn Nets