Official Caris LeVert Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: Official Caris LeVert Thread 

Post#101 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:46 pm

DrCoach wrote:I like he Pick, he is long and was very productive, at #20, who cares if he is a injury risk.

The alternative would have been taking Dejonte Murray if you anted to go young

Injury history is still a key stat/detail on drafting young prospects... slightly young, 22 for start of season....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#102 » by Ror1997 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:08 pm

And if anybody was in a position to know something other GMs didn't it was Sean Marks.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#103 » by Paradise » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:25 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
DrCoach wrote:I like he Pick, he is long and was very productive, at #20, who cares if he is a injury risk.

Injury history is still a key stat/detail on drafting young prospects... slightly young, 22 for start of season....

It is but injuries can't determine the decision on a prospect. Denzel Valentine for example: Anonymous scouts have said his knees will not hold up enough to make his career last beyond a certain amount of seasons. The Bulls still took him in the first round.

Bradley Beal: Did not have any injury concerns entering the draft. Fast forward a couple seasons later. Beal and Washing are being told that he may need a minutes restriction to avoid constant leg injuries that could shorten his career and of course, Stephen Curry looked like a lost cause not too long ago when he kept spraining his ankles repeatedly.

GMs have to evaluate talent and attitude ahead of injury concern because attitude stunts development. LeVert's general weakness across the board has just been his injuries and while it is a serious cause of concern. It's very possible that he could reach his potential and we forget about the thought of another foot injury.

Goes both ways but I'd rather gamble on a talented kid with shaky health than another low ceiling addition like Plumlee.
Net Sentence
Veteran
And1: 334

Post#104 » by Net Sentence » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:30 am

Paradise wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:

It is but injuries can't determine the decision on a prospect. Denzel Valentine for example: Anonymous scouts have said his knees will not hold up enough to make his career last beyond a certain amount of seasons. The Bulls still took him in the first round.

Bradley Beal: Did not have any injury concerns entering the draft. Fast forward a couple seasons later. Beal and Washing are being told that he may need a minutes restriction to avoid constant leg injuries that could shorten his career and of course, Stephen Curry looked like a lost cause not too long ago when he kept spraining his ankles repeatedly.

GMs have to evaluate talent and attitude ahead of injury concern because attitude stunts development. LeVert's general weakness across the board has just been his injuries and while it is a serious cause of concern. It's very possible that he could reach his potential and we forget about the thought of another foot injury.

Goes both ways but I'd rather gamble on a talented kid with shaky health than another low ceiling addition like Plumlee.

Or just keep your under priced PF coming off his best season and buy a 2nd round pick to draft LeVert.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#105 » by DrCoach » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:32 am

CalamityX12 wrote:

I understand that, however , there isn't much financial loss if a guy making 1-1.5 mil is injured verses a lotto picked player. That combined with expectations.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#106 » by jbeachboy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:41 am

bazemore is a 2 or 3?
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#107 » by Prokorov » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:03 am

Net Sentence wrote:
Or just keep your under priced PF coming off his best season and buy a 2nd round pick to draft LeVert.

then we miss out on the cap space. that deaal was 99.9% about the cap space
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#108 » by shakendfries » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:17 am

jbeachboy wrote:bazemore is a 2 or 3?

He's listed as a 3, but he'd probably be a 2 next to RHJ

"positionless basketball"
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
Ror1997
Analyst

Post#109 » by Ror1997 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:24 am

come on let's just keep this thread about LeVert and discuss the trade itself elsewhere.
enko
Junior
And1: 201

Post#110 » by enko » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:05 am

I can see some comparison with Levert's situation with Bazemore. This Bazemore is undrafted, but you can see he has talent. Levert has more talent and size than Bazemore. In last season, Bazemore coming off from a torn foot contributed well with the Hawks. Baze even impresses in the playoff. If Baze can do that, I can see a good odds for Levert doing the same for Brooklyn this up coming season.

Jordan Clarkson is drafted 46. He has good contribution for the Lakers in his first season. But Clarkson is terrible defender and Levert is way ahead in terms of passing, defense, skills and shooting compare to Clarkson. If JC can give some contribution for Lakers, I can see a good odd with Levert outdoing Clarkson(if you compare his first year) in his first year.

JC in his first season for the Lakers averages 25 mpg, 11.9 ppg,3.5 apg, 45 fg%, .9 spg

Second season 32.3 mpg, 15.5 ppg, 4.0, rpg, 2.4, apg

Levert has strong mental toughness because even after some injuries, he continue to improve. Julius Randle is also hit by many foot injuries before in college. In 2014 Randle broke his right tibia during the Lakers' 2014–15 season opener against the Houston Rockets and miss the rest of the season. But last season, injuries never hit Randle again.

Ryan Kelly is another rookie hit by foot injury in college. But this foot injury did not occur again for Kelly in NBA.
Ror1997
Analyst

Post#111 » by Ror1997 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:32 pm

enko wrote:I can see some comparison with Levert's situation with Bazemore. This Bazemore is undrafted, but you can see he has talent. Levert has more talent and size than Bazemore. In last season, Bazemore coming off from a torn foot contributed well with the Hawks. Baze even impresses in the playoff. If Baze can do that, I can see a good odds for Levert doing the same for Brooklyn this up coming season.

Jordan Clarkson is drafted 46. He has good contribution for the Lakers in his first season. But Clarkson is terrible defender and Levert is way ahead in terms of passing, defense, skills and shooting compare to Clarkson. If JC can give some contribution for Lakers, I can see a good odd with Levert outdoing Clarkson(if you compare his first year) in his first year.

JC in his first season for the Lakers averages 25 mpg, 11.9 ppg,3.5 apg, 45 fg%, .9 spg

Levert has strong mental toughness because even after some injuries, he continue to improve. Julius Randle is also hit by many foot injuries before in college. In 2014 Randle broke his right tibia during the Lakers' 2014–15 season opener against the Houston Rockets and miss the rest of the season. But last season, injuries never hit Randle again.

Ryan Kelly is another rookie hit by foot injury in college. But this foot injury did not occur again for Kelly in NBA.

These comparisons really don't mean anything. You're just comparing one guy to a bunch of players with foot problems, and basically confirming that his foot may or may not get re-injured.

You're saying LeVert can out preform JC but that's kind of silly to say when we haven't seen LeVert play yet and JC made all rookie second team.
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#112 » by DeRoma » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:44 pm

In case you guys miss this interview post draft.[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va3UF2Aas_8[/youtube]
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#113 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:51 pm

DeRoma wrote:In case you guys miss this interview post draft.[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va3UF2Aas_8[/youtube]

Good interview. I like the way he handles himself.

If he's healthy and able to play, I think he's going to surprise a lot of people.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#114 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Jul 1, 2016 12:04 am

Future star
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
enko
Junior

Post#115 » by enko » Fri Jul 1, 2016 12:52 am

Ror1997 wrote:
enko wrote:I can see some comparison with Levert's situation with Bazemore. This Bazemore is undrafted, but you can see he has talent. Levert has more talent and size than Bazemore. In last season, Bazemore coming off from a torn foot contributed well with the Hawks. Baze even impresses in the playoff. If Baze can do that, I can see a good odds for Levert doing the same for Brooklyn this up coming season.

These comparisons really don't mean anything. You're just comparing one guy to a bunch of players with foot problems, and basically confirming that his foot may or may not get re-injured.

You're saying LeVert can out preform JC but that's kind of silly to say when we haven't seen LeVert play yet and JC made all rookie second team.

At least my comparison is more undertone as I just compare him to number 46 draftee. I did not mentioned he is the next T-MAC. He might or he may not outdone JC. But I am leaning toward him outdoing JC in his first year as he has more skills.

These comparisons give optimism. I am not saying these are absolute. But at least it gives optimism.
Ror1997
Analyst

Post#116 » by Ror1997 » Fri Jul 1, 2016 1:00 am

enko wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:

At least my comparison is more undertone as I just compare him to number 46 draftee. I did not mentioned he is the next T-MAC. He might or he may not outdone JC. But I am leaning toward him outdoing JC in his first year as he has more skills.

These comparisons gives optimism. I am not saying these are absolute. But at least it gives optimism.

:lol: :lol: true

And optimism never hurts. Optimism is the best ism.
enko
Junior

Post#117 » by enko » Fri Jul 1, 2016 1:10 am

optimism with some facts is the best. 8-)
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#118 » by Paradise » Thu Jul 7, 2016 3:51 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mazzespn/status/751079936396492800[/tweet]
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,842

Post#119 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 7, 2016 4:08 pm

the last guy kenny called "our guy" learned about being traded via twitter.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#120 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Jul 7, 2016 6:36 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:the last guy kenny called "our guy" learned about being traded via twitter.

Young was "My Guy." Big difference.

Return to Brooklyn Nets