Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Official Caris LeVert Thread 

Post#481 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:51 pm

Curns13 wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:I just hope Levert doesnt become a whipping boy for fans here.... he was already hated on early because people were mad thad got traded. And now you have people saying we should trade bogs because Levert makes him expendable.

Lets not forget this guy is a later pick rookie who missed all of TC, summerleague, and preseason.... who didnt play a ton in college last year... and who is coming off a recurring injury. The expectations should be on the lower end

as an example... hield played more last year, was a high lotto pick, participated in TC, summer league and preseason and is still struggling to find his way.

lets not crush the kid if he isnt good or doesnt play much this year

If you're going to try to mock my argument, at least try to get my argument right. I said that when LeVert comes back, were going to have to find minutes for him to play. That means Bogs/Skil/Harris will all lose minutes. And since Bogs/Skil/Harris all essentially have the same skill set while LeVert doesn't, it would make sense to trade one of those 3 players. And I said of those 3 players, the most expandable of them is Bogs.

I'm not arguing with you prok. You don't listen so there's no point. But don't go trying to start ****.

Not trying to get in on your argument, but I agree with the you. Bogs is who he is, a streaky shooter who can create a little and is a poor defender. He would make a great 8th man on a contender. I don't think he fits well here because we don't have the ball handlers or creators that will get him open looks. Playing with RHJ and Booker means he is asked to do too much which ends up with turnovers and contested shots.

You are also right about not being able to share minutes. I think Harris is more of a sf but still Bogs, Skill and LeVert can't get enough minutes to share at the 2. Skill is turning into a better and more valuable player than Bogs (and is signed up for another couple of years for next to nothing) and LeVert is the organisations big development project. One of the 3 probably has to go by the time LeVert is ready for bigger minutes and I think that person should be Bogs.

If Orlando wants a sf, they can have him for Gordon or look to get a 1st rounder from a contender.

bogs gets tons of open shots... the motion offense does that for everyone here
Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 267

Post#482 » by Curns13 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:15 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
how is that any different then what i just said.... you are saying bogs (or one of those 3) is expendable because of Levert. stop making it out like this is some strawman.

See, youre still missing the boat completely. You're trying to make it seem like I'm saying we should trade Bogs because LeVert is better than him. What I'm actually saying is that there isn't enough room to play Harris, Skil, Bogs and LeVert since they all play the same position. For whatever reason you just read what you want to read.

when did i say that? i never said you thought levert was better then bogs... i said you stated levert made bogs expendable. thats very different.

If this is just about playing time, i think it makes even less sense. the guy is a rookie coming off injury. its not like he is going to need 20-25 minutes a night any time soon or play every single night any time soon.

im all for trading bogs if the value is there, but trading him to clear playing time for a guy picked in the 20s who we havent even see take a full practice yet? seems a bit much

Agree with this point too. If there is a no brainer trade available, take it. Otherwise only move him when/if sharing minutes becomes a problem or we decide we aren't going to resign him but don't wanna let him walk for nothing.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#483 » by jbeachboy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:26 pm

i want to free up roster spots for levert to play.
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#484 » by DeRoma » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:29 pm

Yeah I think the point is it's better for us to free up a roster. It's really between Bojan or Joe to get the cut. If you ask me, I say get rid of Bojan. While he is the better player between the two, I think he is worth something with other teams.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#485 » by jbeachboy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:37 pm

DeRoma wrote:Yeah I think the point is it's better for us to free up a roster. It's really between Bojan or Joe to get the cut. If you ask me, I say get rid of Bojan. While he is the better player between the two, I think he is worth something with other teams.

what about foye?
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#486 » by DeRoma » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:39 pm

jbeachboy wrote:
DeRoma wrote:Yeah I think the point is it's better for us to free up a roster. It's really between Bojan or Joe to get the cut. If you ask me, I say get rid of Bojan. While he is the better player between the two, I think he is worth something with other teams.

what about foye?

Foye is useful because he brings us veteran presence and leadership. Pretty sure Lin and Foye are the one keeping all the players intact.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#487 » by MGrand15 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:07 pm

If a rookie misses all of SL, training camp and preseason, it's best to not expect anything until year 2.

Anything we get this year is just extra. That time is crucial for adjusting to NBA caliber athletes and getting into NBA playing shape. Working out and practice just can't replicate that.

Really excited for his shooting and playmaking though. Hope he and Kilpatrick can work together in the back court.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#488 » by Paradise » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:27 pm

MGrand15 wrote:If a rookie misses all of SL, training camp and preseason, it's best to not expect anything until year 2.

Anything we get this year is just extra. That time is crucial for adjusting to NBA caliber athletes and getting into NBA playing shape. Working out and practice just can't replicate that.

Really excited for his shooting and playmaking though. Hope he and Kilpatrick can work together in the back court.

We could send him down to Long Island to get him in basketball shape before debuting for us.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,840

Post#489 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:44 pm

Read on Twitter
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#490 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:20 am

I'm so impatient to see him debut.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#491 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:12 pm

I think Kenny will limit LV to 3&D plus a little bit of playmaking at first. That shouldn't be too hard to do.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Paradise

Official Caris LeVert Thread 

Post#492 » by Paradise » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:28 pm

Caris participated in a full contact practice today.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#493 » by Trader_Joe » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:34 pm

Yeah, will be interesting to see how CL fits and where he gets him minutes and from whom.
Hopefully all of Foye's, he can play some PG possibly taking some of IW and YF's.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Paradise

Official Caris LeVert Thread 

Post#494 » by Paradise » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:52 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:Yeah, will be interesting to see how CL fits and where he gets him minutes and from whom.
Hopefully all of Foye's, he can play some PG possibly taking some of IW and YF's.

Looks like IW and Yogi are cemented into the rotation. Foye is definitely the odd man out once LeVert gets eased in.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#495 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:58 pm

Hopefully a consistent shooter is on the verge of coming to us.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#496 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:39 pm

pray to the basketball gods that this kid can hang in there vs. starting NBA players because a two way wing with ball handling skill is what the starting line up needs badly.

GoodDayLa
Junior
And1: 45

Post#497 » by GoodDayLa » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:53 pm

Maybe this team will go from no guards to "who should start at PG between Lin and Levert?" or "lin & Levert for future Net' starting backcourt!"
spaceballer
Head Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#498 » by spaceballer » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:59 pm

I'm eager to see Caris LeVert finally entering the end stretch in his recovery and hopefully be able to contribute soon.

Sean Marks has banked a lot of good will on his talent evaluation ability so far. Whitehead and Yogi are rookies capable of contributing. Trevor Booker was out of left field and unheralded. Even Crabbe and TJ got their offers matched, meaning their teams agreed with Marks' assessment of them.

The one guy that they've cut was because of things outside of their control, like the re-injury of GV requiring season-ending surgery.

So my hopes for CLV are high given the obvious eye for talent that Sean Marks has.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#499 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:41 am

GoodDayLa wrote:Maybe this team will go from no guards to "who should start at PG between Lin and Levert?" or "lin & Levert for future Net' starting backcourt!"

the ideal situation is that Lin and LeVert form the backcourt. Both of them can handle the ball, have good size for their positions, can hit the 3 ball, and can get into the defense.

well, at least we think LeVert can based off of his college tape. that doesn't mean he will.

if it works out, that opens up a whole new dimension going forward.

me personally, i'm praying our starting 5 becomes Lin/LeVert/RHJ/Booker/Lopez.

lots of versatility in that line up. 3 point shooting, penetration attacks, inside scoring, fast break opportunities, and two forwards that defend. Positions 1-4 can switch on P n R.

best case scenario right there.

Pistolpete1947
Pro Prospect
And1: 143

Post#500 » by Pistolpete1947 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:37 am

GoodDayLa wrote:Maybe this team will go from no guards to "who should start at PG between Lin and Levert?" or "lin & Levert for future Net' starting backcourt!"

"Who should start at PG between Lin and LeVert?". Are you serious?

Return to Brooklyn Nets