ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets Sign Trevor Booker ($18 million/2 years)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Nets Sign Trevor Booker ($18 million/2 years) 

Post#101 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:32 pm

jbeachboy wrote:lets start anthony bennett, the number 1 pick in draft!

It'd indeed be awesome if he has grown so much that he's ready to start towards the latter part of the season. 3&D is the key.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
DartboardT
Junior
And1: 53

Post#102 » by DartboardT » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:27 pm

jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#103 » by jbeachboy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:59 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:

It'd indeed be awesome if he has grown so much that he's ready to start towards the latter part of the season. 3&D is the key.

i just hope nets can get him a nutritionaist cause he is our most skilled pf if he ever figures it out.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#104 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:52 am

jbeachboy wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:

i just hope nets can get him a nutritionaist cause he is our most skilled pf if he ever figures it out.

I think he's in great shape already.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
DartboardT
Junior

Post#105 » by DartboardT » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:12 am

DUNKING shape. :D

I won't be the ONLY one here calling him Trevor Dunker by mid-season.

"Cereal Dunker" would also work LOL
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,767

Post#106 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:37 pm

If Booker is going to start I want him to be physical out there. Bring an edge. get nasty with the opponents. maybe a fight at some point, rough someone up over a hard foul on Lin. just bring that fire and emotion to the Nets. that's been missing for awhile.

be the enforcer.

Nothing pissed me off more than what I saw last year during the game where Jack got swarmed by 4 celtics players while the others watched. That can never, ever happen again.

ideally, you'd like to see Lin push the ball off of misses with RHJ and Booker filling the lanes for scores at the rim with Bojan and Brook on trailer for kick out shots.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#107 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:01 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:If Booker is going to start I want him to be physical out there. Bring an edge. get nasty with the opponents. maybe a fight at some point, rough someone up over a hard foul on Lin. just bring that fire and emotion to the Nets. that's been missing for awhile.

be the enforcer.

Nothing pissed me off more than what I saw last year during the game where Jack got swarmed by 4 celtics players while the others watched. That can never, ever happen again.

ideally, you'd like to see Lin push the ball off of misses with RHJ and Booker filling the lanes for scores at the rim with Bojan and Brook on trailer for kick out shots.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5xM8Z618zI[/youtube]
Thanks for the honesty.
DartboardT
Junior

Post#108 » by DartboardT » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:28 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:If Booker is going to start I want him to be physical out there. Bring an edge. get nasty with the opponents. maybe a fight at some point, rough someone up over a hard foul on Lin. just bring that fire and emotion to the Nets. that's been missing for awhile.

be the enforcer.

If there's anything I hate, it's unnecessary technicals (though I guess I'd "appreciate" a defense-of-player technical over the TRULY stupid arguing-with-a-ref technical). Booker's a savvy vet. I'm sure there's ways he can communicate a message without getting T'ed up, anyway. ;)
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#109 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:56 pm

DartboardT wrote:

be the enforcer.

If there's anything I hate, it's unnecessary technicals (though I guess I'd "appreciate" a defense-of-player technical over the TRULY stupid arguing-with-a-ref technical). Booker's a savvy vet. I'm sure there's ways he can communicate a message without getting T'ed up, anyway. ;)

I don't mind hard fouls, someone getting their clocked cleaned or even a someone getting slapped and an ejection if a message needs to be sent.

seriously. sometimes you need to show an opponent they won't get away with certain stuff. Boston has a few guys that need to get knocked on their ass.

DartboardT
Junior

Post#110 » by DartboardT » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:51 pm

Well, for Nets wins will be at a premium. Also not sure how ejections would square with "high character guys", unless it was one HECK of a no-call.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#112 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:34 pm

Nice, this guy's got some Oakley/Mason/Childs Knicks, SJax, MWP in him.

Nice looking three right there!
Thanks for the honesty.
sutton
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#113 » by sutton » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:29 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:

Nice, this guy's got some Oakley/Mason/Childs Knicks, SJax, MWP in him.

Nice looking three right there!

Fantastic, Lin gets a bodyguard, Booker gets ton of assisted dunks.
DartboardT
Junior

Post#114 » by DartboardT » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:44 am

That second foul (on Blake) was hardly a Flagrant 1. I LIKE that Booker's got toughness.

Enforcer, yes. High character...well, I wouldn't know just looking at those four clips. I would only see toughness. ;)
sidestep
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#115 » by sidestep » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:09 am

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#116 » by Paradise » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:58 pm

Booker's shooting workout.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#117 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:44 pm

thats impressive...

good shooting Booker.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Roy Tarpley
Veteran
And1: 987

Post#118 » by Roy Tarpley » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:00 pm

That's what I'm saying. Booker knows that his playing will depend on him making 3s and stretching the floor. He should be shooting 1000 3s a day until October.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#119 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:50 pm

Big difference in game under pressure, but if he can hit that shot it will be HUGE. and takes all the pressure off of worrying about RHJ's lack of shooting. if the 4 man can hit shots RHJ can just play to his strengths, which is filling up the stat sheets and playing elite level defense.

ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#120 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Sep 1, 2016 2:25 am

So there IS hope afterall!
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Brooklyn Nets