ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets Sign Anthony Bennett (Minimum/2 Years)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: Nets Sign Anthony Bennett (Minimum/2 Years) 

Post#101 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:20 pm

^
3&D, sounds about right.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
brook
Senior
And1: 115

Post#102 » by brook » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:28 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:^
3&D, sounds about right.

Marks talks about Bennett as stretch-5 in a small-ball situation. I doubt Bennett will play SF.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#103 » by jbeachboy » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:58 am

i dont want anthony bennett shooting many three pointers, i hope atkinson has a leash on that. i wonder how atkinson will find time for 6 big men and who will play.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#104 » by jbeachboy » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:00 am

i think his biggest problem was his body and conditioning, you just cant do much when your out of shape and show much to get the minutes. thats why his confidence was shot.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Post#105 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:07 am

I actually think the guy will be in the rotation. He is in shape and appears to have his physical issues in check. Chris McCullough while talented has not played with any urgency or fire.

Someone is going to get tested in this camp.

and i hope Booker knocks them both around early and often.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#106 » by kamaze » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:28 am

MrDollarBills wrote:I actually think the guy will be in the rotation. He is in shape and appears to have his physical issues in check. Chris McCullough while talented has not played with any urgency or fire.

Booker McCuloough and Scola I don't expect anything from Bennett. A stiff breeze could knock McCullough over.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: RE: Re: Nets Sign Anthony Bennett (Minimum/2 Years) 

Post#107 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:26 am

MrDollarBills wrote:I actually think the guy will be in the rotation. He is in shape and appears to have his physical issues in check. Chris McCullough while talented has not played with any urgency or fire.

It's the mental side for CMC that worries me. The guy didn't play much after he was medically cleared because he couldn't get the playbook down. Yet if there's anyone who had time to just sit there and review the plays, it should've been him.

I know there's a big difference between seeing a play drawn on the board or in a playbook and actually running through it on court. With that said, RHJ missed 50 games last season and didn't skip a beat.

It's obviously still very early but I think his approach to the game is still very college level and not NBA level. If he can get the mental side down, he can be a big contributor; if not, he'll be one of the many athletic but middling IQ guys that bounce around to 3-4 teams before heading overseas.

Sent from my SM-N900T using RealGM mobile app
Net Sentence
Veteran
And1: 334

Post#108 » by Net Sentence » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:02 pm

SMH saying CMC doesnt play with urgency or fire when compared to Anthony Bennett. :banghead:

Bennett is the worst type of player, he isnt willing to put the work in. I hate people like him. He want to do the bear minimum. Last one in, first one out type. He cant even keep himself in shape in his early 20's. That's only going to get harder as he gets older.

You would think Atkinison was talking about Draymon Green the way he is describing Bennett. I dont see Bennett being able to do anything beside being a roll man in PnR.
cn0gd
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#109 » by cn0gd » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:16 pm

Roy Tarpley wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
Roy Tarpley wrote:
WTF?!

Just the fact that over the summer, he got laser eye surgery and can now see, and lost 20 lbs -- just these facts by themselves should improve Bennett tremendously. Add in better conditioning, greater confidence, Kenny's mentorship -- and Bennett should be basically like a getting a mid-1st round lottery pick.

Man, so many players to root for on the Nets this year.

Do note that the article's from Nov 2014

Oh, ****. Why is someone posting old news?!

just help us to understand why he was a "bust" with cavs, even it's old I bet a lotta guys like you and me dont know about it.
and through that we can tell there is still alotta potential in this guy, after he fixed all those issues and get in shape this yr could be a his real rookie year. he is easily 10th pick in normal yrs, which surprisingly still the highest pick prospect in Net's roster.

what puzzled me is why cavs didnt have him fix his eyes first, what you expect a guy can do if he cant even see his teammate 20 ft away.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#110 » by jbeachboy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:43 pm

bennett will beat mccullough in rotation if mccullough continues to play with no passion and desire.
Mosdefinition
Senior
And1: 116

Post#111 » by Mosdefinition » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:46 pm

i expect booker to be a throw in to some deal marks makes during the season

im not even judging him as a number 1 pick just as a basketball player he sucks i really wish theyd have brought back thomas robinson instead
Net Sentence
Veteran
And1: 334

Post#112 » by Net Sentence » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:47 pm

jbeachboy wrote:bennett will beat mccullough in rotation if mccullough continues to play with no passion and desire.

:lol:

Thanks for the laugh.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#113 » by jbeachboy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:44 am

trevor booker is definitely going to be starting, scola doesnt play any or much defense.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#114 » by jbeachboy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:45 am

Net Sentence wrote:
jbeachboy wrote:bennett will beat mccullough in rotation if mccullough continues to play with no passion and desire.

:lol:

Thanks for the laugh.

your welcome, i just dont see any passion or desire watching mccullough play so far. i could see bennett jumping ahead of him if mccullough looks as lost as he has so far.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#115 » by jbeachboy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:02 am

In May, Bennett underwent surgery to remove his tonsils and adenoids to help improve his sleep apnea. As a result, Bennett, who also has asthma, has found it easier to breathe while playing basketball following the operation.
“Since [having] my tonsils out, my adenoids, I have a lot more room to breathe,” Bennett said during the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. “It was hard, definitely, with my tonsils in. I feel like taking them out was a huge step.” [...]
Of the many factors that played a role in his disappointing season, there were instances when he felt his breathing hindered him on the court.
“It acted up at times,” Bennett said. “There’d be times I was playing good, I wouldn’t really notice it. And then there’d be other times where it was real hard to breathe. But I just tried to push through it and do the best I can.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#116 » by jbeachboy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:02 am

In May, Bennett underwent surgery to remove his tonsils and adenoids to help improve his sleep apnea. As a result, Bennett, who also has asthma, has found it easier to breathe while playing basketball following the operation.
“Since [having] my tonsils out, my adenoids, I have a lot more room to breathe,” Bennett said during the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. “It was hard, definitely, with my tonsils in. I feel like taking them out was a huge step.” [...]
Of the many factors that played a role in his disappointing season, there were instances when he felt his breathing hindered him on the court.
“It acted up at times,” Bennett said. “There’d be times I was playing good, I wouldn’t really notice it. And then there’d be other times where it was real hard to breathe. But I just tried to push through it and do the best I can.

this was during his cavs days.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#117 » by jbeachboy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:10 am

Prokorov wrote:
jbeachboy wrote:im looking forward to him beating out chris mccullough in the rotation.

that would basically spell the end of macculloughs career if he cant beat out one of the most negative players in the league

all net fans should be rooting for mccullough hard... he probably has the highest ceiling of any of the nets young players and the only one with real 2 way potential

mccullough is raw as heck, 16 games in college and then an acl tear and little burn last year. i can see him being sent to d league often.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#118 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:31 pm

Doesn't seem like he'll get waived:

Anthony Bennett: a fall from grace, a rise in confidence

http://www.netsdaily.com/2016/10/25/13411240/anthony-bennett-a-fall-from-grace-a-rise-in-confidence

“I look at AB and see how talented he is, see many things he can do,” Lopez told Andy Adler. “The sky’s the limit for him and we’re so excited to have him here. He has a chip on his shoulder and he can take advantage of this opportunity and show people what he can really do.”

Atkinson added, “Anthony Bennett is showing some real life as a rotation big, and he’s pushing for minutes. He did a lot of good things. He’s a system fit: He’s fast, he’s athletic, he’s long, he can roll to the rim, he can shoot. I’m tempering my enthusiasm, but I really like what we saw the other night. He really fits the modern NBA, runs the court.”
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#119 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:33 pm

He did a lot of good things. He’s a system fit: He’s fast, he’s athletic, he’s long, he can roll to the rim, he can shoot.

KA on drugs...
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#120 » by jbeachboy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:34 pm

bennett is probably safe until the season ends.

Return to Brooklyn Nets