Re: Sean Marks Performance thread: Take II 

Post#141 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Nov 6, 2016 8:14 pm

Kaiser30 wrote:Tyler Johnson so far:

29.8 Minutes
15.4 PPG
52.8 FG%
50 3P% on 3.2 Attempts per Game
126 ORtg, 100 DRtg = +26 per 100 Possessions

I'm still disappointed that Miami decided to match the offer sheet. He would be super valuable as another ball handler and reliable three point shooter.

Nevertheless, another testatment to Marks' excellent scouting and eye for talent.

Crabbe has looked good on both ends i'm hearing as well.

Marks knows what he's doing.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
spaceballer
Head Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#142 » by spaceballer » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:02 pm

After being defeated by the Nets, fellow Spurs alum Earl Watson who was coaching the Suns says he sees the Spurs essence inside the new Nets organization.

Read on Twitter

And reporters are taking note not just of the changes on the court, but the character changes off the court as well. The Newsday writer assigned to fly with the team is loving his assignment. Having a bunch of good character guys who really try in interviews probably makes his job easier than having to deal with a surly Deron Williams or a Melo bailing after a loss to avoid talking to reporters.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

The culture change that Sean Marks initiated was a top to bottom house cleaning, and probably much needed after Billy King.

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Post#143 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:43 pm

LOL @ Windrem taking that shot at Karasev.

And my god no wonder the product was so bad on the court. Guys missing practices, insubordination...sheesh. This is why we'd see games where you could tell the team just didn't give a ****, especially during those national tv blowouts. Billy King was running a damn clown show.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Sean Marks Performance thread: Take II 

Post#144 » by Paradise » Thu Dec 8, 2016 4:01 am

Well, Damn.

Tyler Johnson - 27 Points, 5 Assists, 2 Rebounds, 8-16 FG, 7-8 FT, 4-5 3PT in 35 minutes vs Atlanta.

Allen Crabbe - 14 Points, 4 Rebounds, 4-7 FG, 2-2 FT, 4-6 3PT in 24 minutes vs Milwaukee.

Whitehead - 14 Points, 2 Rebounds, 2 Assists, 4 Steals, 5-11 FG, 2-3 FT, 2-5 3PT in 28 minutes.

Harris - 16 Points, 2 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 6-8 FG, 2-2 FT, 2-3 3PT in 24 minutes.

Booker - 15 Points, 12 Rebounds, 5 Assists, 1 Steal in 36 minutes.

Kilpatrick - 22 Points, 6 Rebounds, 3 Assists, 6-10 FG, 8-8 FT, 2-3 3PT in 31 minutes.

LeVert - 4 Rebounds, 3 Steals in 9 minutes.

In fact, all of his immediate signings all produced in double figures tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
JayJayFor3
Junior
And1: 75

Post#145 » by JayJayFor3 » Thu Dec 8, 2016 4:12 am

Paradise wrote:Well, Damn.

Tyler Johnson - 27 Points, 5 Assists, 2 Rebounds, 8-16 FG, 7-8 FT, 4-5 3PT in 35 minutes vs Atlanta.

Allen Crabbe - 14 Points, 4 Rebounds, 4-7 FG, 2-2 FT, 4-6 3PT in 24 minutes vs Milwaukee.

Whitehead - 14 Points, 2 Rebounds, 2 Assists, 4 Steals, 5-11 FG, 2-3 FT, 2-5 3PT in 28 minutes.

Harris - 16 Points, 2 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 6-8 FG, 2-2 FT, 2-3 3PT in 24 minutes.

Booker - 15 Points, 12 Rebounds, 5 Assists, 1 Steal in 36 minutes.

Kilpatrick - 22 Points, 6 Rebounds, 3 Assists, 6-10 FG, 8-8 FT, 2-3 3PT in 31 minutes.

LeVert - 4 Rebounds, 3 Steals in 9 minutes.

In fact, all of his immediate signings all produced in double figures tonight.

Donatas Motiejunas - DNP, but screwing with the MoreyBall. :P
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#146 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Dec 9, 2016 6:09 am

A sit down with Nets GM Sean Marks, on the start to the season

http://thebrooklyngame.com/sit-nets-gm-sean-marks-start-season/
Sarah Kustok: Sean obviously it’s been a busy time for you, but looking at the big picture of things. What do you think Nets best strategy is over the next five years? Building through the draft, or through (free) agency?

Sean Marks: Well I think it’s probably a combination of all of the above, we obviously have a strategy moving forward, but that strategy needs to remain fluid. So depending how this years free agent goes, and this years draft goes, we may take some little detours a long the way. But again, I think we know what we want, in the type of player that fits into this Nets identity, and into the Brooklyn culture here. We’ll use a combination of not only the draft, and free agency, but scouting Europe and the D-League.

Cool. Hope it works out
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Paradise

Post#147 » by Paradise » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:42 pm

Speaking of free agency, I'd love Marks to make a big offer to Nerlens Noel in RFA. He's been methodically structuring some difficult contracts to derail teams but the roster structures haven't worked in our favor. I highly doubt the Sixers match any sizable offers for Noel.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#148 » by Prokorov » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:39 pm

Paradise wrote:Speaking of free agency, I'd love Marks to make a big offer to Nerlens Noel in RFA. He's been methodically structuring some difficult contracts to derail teams but the roster structures haven't worked in our favor. I highly doubt the Sixers match any sizable offers for Noel.

Really? i think they would quickly match a max offer. they have boatloads of cap room and at the very least could trade him for some value within a year. Defensive bigs are always in demand.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#149 » by Rastas » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:56 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:Speaking of free agency, I'd love Marks to make a big offer to Nerlens Noel in RFA. He's been methodically structuring some difficult contracts to derail teams but the roster structures haven't worked in our favor. I highly doubt the Sixers match any sizable offers for Noel.

Really? i think they would quickly match a max offer. they have boatloads of cap room and at the very least could trade him for some value within a year. Defensive bigs are always in demand.

Phillys max for Noel would be no more than 17 or 18m per ( at that figure he becomes good trade bait ).
They have way more important assets to worry about spending on.
Noel is not a priority at the 76ers.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#150 » by Prokorov » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:04 pm

Rastas wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Phillys max for Noel would be no more than 17 or 18m per ( at that figure he becomes good trade bait ).

matching noel at the max doesnt pevent them from spending on anyone. especially at that cost... which is basically what role playing starters get now.... thats like kent bazemore money. no chance philly doesnt match on noel
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#151 » by Rastas » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:40 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Rastas wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

matching noel at the max doesnt pevent them from spending on anyone. especially at that cost... which is basically what role playing starters get now.... thats like kent bazemore money. no chance philly doesnt match on noel

Noel is about in position 5 or 6 on the Philly totem pole at the moment - Philly wont Max him - but will match up to 17 or 18m per as they probably want to trade him and at that price he will be sought after.
If he is available next season I suggest anything over 18m per wont be matched.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#152 » by Prokorov » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:55 pm

Rastas wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Rastas wrote:

Noel is about in position 5 or 6 on the Philly totem pole at the moment - Philly wont Max him - but will match up to 17 or 18m per as they probably want to trade him and at that price he will be sought after.

they definetly match. regardless of where he is on the totem pole. and if they dont think they would match any offer they would trade him by the deadline to someone who would.

a team years away from competing who isnt at the salary floor with tons of cap room easily matches
Paradise

Post#153 » by Paradise » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:05 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Rastas wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

they definetly match. regardless of where he is on the totem pole. and if they dont think they would match any offer they would trade him by the deadline to someone who would.

a team years away from competing who isnt at the salary floor with tons of cap room easily matches

They've been looking at trading him for awhile now. He's not a good fit with Embiid now firmly at Center. Okafor is now a glorified backup and they will have to split minutes for Simmons and Saric at PF.

Noel has little room to develop in Philly. I'd be surprised if they held onto him in RFA.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#154 » by Prokorov » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:07 pm

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Rastas wrote:

They've been looking at trading him for awhile now. He's not a good fit with Embiid now firmly at Center. Okafor is now a glorified backup and they will have to split minutes for Simmons and Saric at PF.

Noel has little room to develop in Philly. I'd be surprised if they held onto him in RFA.

as i said, if they dont plan to match on him in RFA they will trade him at the deadline. otherwise they can match him and trade him later. they are still like 3-5 years away. there is no rush for them and cap space isnt an issue.

its EXTREMELY rare for teams not to match under the new CBA, unless they need the cap room to go sign a star (i.e. GSW not matching barnes to get durant)
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#155 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:03 pm

Last game Embiid rested Noel only got 10 mins.

Bogs + whichever wing they want + low pick for him?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#156 » by shakendfries » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:07 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:Last game Embiid rested Noel only got 10 mins.

...because he got injured again.

If the Nets trade for Noel, does his Sam Hinkie Bubble Suit come separately?
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#157 » by Prokorov » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:07 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:Last game Embiid rested Noel only got 10 mins.

they could likely do alot better.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#158 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:15 pm

Ouch!

Would that mean he is made of glass and/or his stock is real low?
Thanks for the honesty.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#159 » by jbeachboy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:43 pm

noel got injured again??
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#160 » by kamaze » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:44 pm

Paradise wrote:They've been looking at trading him for awhile now. He's not a good fit with Embiid now firmly at Center. Okafor is now a glorified backup and they will have to split minutes for Simmons and Saric at PF.

Sent from my iPhone using [url=https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=75835]RealGM mobile

The process has been to trade players for picks and like you said they're trying to do so. Why would Philly change their mind and give Noel a max contract ?
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton

Return to Brooklyn Nets