ImageImageImageImageImage

How Is Anthony Bennett Playing?

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

CaptainCanada
Junior
And1: 259

How Is Anthony Bennett Playing? 

Post#1 » by CaptainCanada » Mon Dec 5, 2016 11:27 pm

Canadian fan here. Does he look like he belongs in the rotation. I'm rooting for him, I saw he got 14rebounds one game and is shooting better.
KlicKlac
Analyst
And1: 331

Re: How Is Anthony Bennett Playing? 

Post#2 » by KlicKlac » Mon Dec 5, 2016 11:35 pm

He only got playing time last game against the Bucks because our starting PF got ill. But the 14 rebounds is helping his case to get more playing time. He still is god awful on offense and does as much bad as good (lousy BBIQ). He might end up being a year long development project.
TooBad
Starter
And1: 1,193

Post#3 » by TooBad » Tue Dec 6, 2016 3:54 am

CaptainCanada wrote:Canadian fan here. Does he look like he belongs in the rotation. I'm rooting for him, I saw he got 14rebounds one game and is shooting better.

He's playing really well right now and appears to have moved ahead of Scola in the rotation which is great to see. He hit 2 threes in 20secs tonight and then the rest of the team got jealous and stopped passing to him (he didn't shoot another shot in the game). I'm just joking about the last part but a lot of his teammates are either extremely selfish or have awful offensive awareness and can't seem to recognize double teams which is unfortunate because he would have had about 4 wide open threes and a couple good dunks off the pick and roll if people knew how to pass. He still needs to work on his d a lot still but he is definitely looking more aggressive out there too. I've been following him since his time in Minnesota so I'm pleased to see the progression I just hope he keeps it up because It'd be awesome to make all those haters eat their words.
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#4 » by LOUiS-D » Wed Dec 7, 2016 5:14 am

Anthony Bennett wrote:I'm playing really well right now and appear to have moved ahead of Scola in the rotation which is great to see. I hit 2 threes in 20secs tonight and then the rest of my team got jealous and stopped passing to me (I didn't shoot another shot in the game). I'm just joking about the last part but a lot of my teammates are either extremely selfish or have awful offensive awareness and can't seem to recognize double teams which is unfortunate because I would have had about 4 wide open threes and a couple good dunks off the pick and roll if people knew how to pass. I still need to work on my d a lot still but I am definitely looking more aggressive out there too. I've been working hard since my time in Minnesota so I'm pleased to see the progression I just hope I can keep it up because It'd be awesome to make all those haters eat their words.

TooBad's AB enthusiasm explained!
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#5 » by shakendfries » Wed Dec 7, 2016 6:39 am

LOUiS-D wrote:
Anthony Bennett wrote:I'm playing really well right now and appear to have moved ahead of Scola in the rotation which is great to see. I hit 2 threes in 20secs tonight and then the rest of my team got jealous and stopped passing to me (I didn't shoot another shot in the game). I'm just joking about the last part but a lot of my teammates are either extremely selfish or have awful offensive awareness and can't seem to recognize double teams which is unfortunate because I would have had about 4 wide open threes and a couple good dunks off the pick and roll if people knew how to pass. I still need to work on my d a lot still but I am definitely looking more aggressive out there too. I've been working hard since my time in Minnesota so I'm pleased to see the progression I just hope I can keep it up because It'd be awesome to make all those haters eat their words.

TooBad's AB enthusiasm explained!

I can dig it! The way he responded to Montijunas showed something to me, that will mean a lot if he kicks things up a notch this season. He's already surpassed McCullough & Scola. There is a role with the Nets second unit right now that is his for the taking. Developing some chemistry with Rondae, LeVert, & Whitehead will bode well for his career prospects with the team. I'm definitely rooting for him

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
playteamball
Senior
And1: 73

Post#6 » by playteamball » Wed Dec 7, 2016 7:01 pm

Great, as far as I'm concerned. He's rebounded very well, learning to set picks, rolling to the basket, beginning to finish, and his bb awareness is improving. Great things could be in store.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#7 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Dec 7, 2016 10:31 pm

I think it's totally possible that the LINs are run pretty well, so AB benefited quite a bit from it.

The main thing he needs to work on is his D.

It would be nice for them to do some kinda experiment now. Let him be ultra aggressive and push people around on both ends, foul out each game, so what? Then tone it back down when Lin's back.

He needs to play more like Tractor Traylor out there IMO.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#8 » by jbeachboy » Thu Dec 8, 2016 1:34 am

better, looks more alert and active out there.
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#9 » by DeRoma » Thu Dec 8, 2016 4:26 am

He looks a lot more confident making those empathic dunks. I like it he is finally using his talents as a tool
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#10 » by shakendfries » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:23 am

Maybe this is just 1 game against a championship contending team, but if this lifeless performance against the Spurs is any indication of the player Bennett is, he's and I can't wait for Marks to draft Hartenstein to play ahead of him

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#11 » by Prokorov » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:57 pm

He is going to need to hit threes and finsish around the hoop to stay on the team. finsihing looked better for a couple games. overall still very blah. hopefully he improves his threes
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#12 » by jbeachboy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:10 pm

everyone was bad against spurs except bojan
TooBad
Starter
And1: 1,193

Post#13 » by TooBad » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:44 am

His stats were pretty average vs the Rockets but he probably played his best game as a net overall. His D was great and he got extended minutes because of it. There is no way the game would have even have been close if Scola played the same minutes he did that game.
GA2016
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#14 » by GA2016 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:55 am

TooBad wrote:His stats were pretty average vs the Rockets but he probably played his best game as a net overall. His D was great and he got extended minutes because of it. There is no way the game would have even have been close if Scola played the same minutes he did that game.

Agreed. You can see he has more impact to the game now. Promising on development. He might bacome a rotational player eventually.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#15 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:14 am

Beast played pretty well, especially loved that offensive rebound off the missed FT.

But it dawns on me that we shouldn't be too happy about how well the youngsters score cuz the Rockets' D is terrible.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,847

Post#16 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:59 am

He needs to keep rebounding like he has been and he needs to play with some confidence. I like the guy, i think he tries his best but its mental with him. He should be way better than he is, physically he's a monster.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#17 » by DarkXaero » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:54 pm

He has definitely improved in the past couple weeks but still has a long way to go before he can be a decent rotation player in the NBA. But the improved rebounding and overall better awareness on the court will certainly help.
playteamball
Senior
And1: 73

Post#18 » by playteamball » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:55 pm

Time to step up tonight AB! Beast in Canada.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#19 » by Prokorov » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:06 pm

id put him below guys like Harris, RHJ, booker, bogs, whitehead as far as his readyness to contribute.

he just plays smalls, and if he isnt hitting threes doesnt have much impact. still struggles to finish for whatever reason. but plays shorter i think. he is getting minutes, hopefully showing alot in practice. not sure if he sticks. if he doesnt show more i think hamilton probably gets back in the rotation
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#20 » by Claud » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:49 pm

I just don't see it with AB. Terrible basketball instincts is the final conclusion for me.

Return to Brooklyn Nets