Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

tonman
Senior
And1: 131

Re: The Official Lin Net Thread II 

Post#381 » by tonman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:07 pm

Jagger-meister wrote:
Rainyy wrote:
Jagger-meister wrote:I didn't call him a scrub. I said he is soft. How he can sit there and watch us struggle is beyond me. We have only won one game in a month and it's directly because of him being hurt.

How do you know Lin's absence is him "being soft" and not a mandate from team doctors/sport scientists/Marks who are trying to be cautious? Marks has made it abundantly clear that development, not winning is a priority. That would certainly suggest to me that injuries would be handled with extra care, as much as I might disagree.

The reality is that we don't really know. We don't have the MRI results, we don't know Lin's recovery program, or his desire to play measured against that of management. Given the obviously incomplete information, don't you think it's a bit presumptive and unfair to assume the problem is Lin's softness? And what little concrete evidence we do have - e.g. the overall priorities of management - points to management having an incentive to hold him back from playing.

I don't care why at this point. I know how long it takes to come back from this injury and he is milking it. He did the same thing on the Knicks so this isn't the first time he pulled this. He has a strain, not a tear. He hasn't even started running yet. Most players tell the staff when they are ready not the other way around. This wasn't a major injury yet he has sat out most of the season.

And just on a side note, someone in the Nets community has the name Rainy.

Lin told the whole world he is ready in a public interview..... maybe you should apply for the performance team. His knicks injury is way different. He was on a min salary and was a restricted free agent I believe. If he came back too early and got injured again do you think he gets that 25M contrace?

Please give it a rest. I will no longer feed....
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#382 » by 13th Man » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:36 pm

Lol @ him milking it now when he re-injured himself almost right away by coming back early last time. Poor troll.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,486

Post#383 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:48 pm

I think Lin got hurt because he tweaked his ankle during his last game and was overcompensating and aggravated his hammy. it happens often

either way, i'm not sure how anyone can watch this guy play and call him soft.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#384 » by bws94 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:18 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I think Lin got hurt because he tweaked his ankle during his last game and was overcompensating and aggravated his hammy. it happens often

either way, i'm not sure how anyone can watch this guy play and call him soft.

Exactly. "Soft" does not apply to Lin. One of the first plays he made after coming back from his first hammy injury was to take a charge. That poster is using the wrong word.

Injury prone doesn't mean soft, and he's not even that. He played many games last season banged up, but this isn't the type of injury the performance team thinks he should play through.
2k15
Pro Prospect
And1: 193

Post#385 » by 2k15 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:55 pm

Read on Twitter

We not even talking about practice. Not a game. Not a game. Not a game. We not even talking about practice?!
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,831

Post#386 » by Vae Victus » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:28 pm

I'm rather amused that the troll made a brand new account to start slinging **** at Lin. His haters still holding on dat hate.

Heck even the Lin Fanatics dont give a **** about Lin anymore at this point (seeing the utter lack of activity over the months in this thread). Funny **** how it takes a hater to come on in and get some of the usual suspects to post again.
2k15
Pro Prospect

Post#387 » by 2k15 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:52 pm

Vae Victus wrote:I'm rather amused that the troll made a brand new account to start slinging **** at Lin. His haters still holding on dat hate.

Heck even the Lin Fanatics dont give a **** about Lin anymore at this point (seeing the utter lack of activity over the months in this thread). Funny **** how it takes a hater to come on in and get some of the usual suspects to post again.

I got a Jeremy Lin bobblehead - I fulfilled my Lin fandom.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,831

Post#388 » by Vae Victus » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:17 pm

Yea see, i was slacking pretty hardcore on my fandom. During the offseason i was all gung ho in visiting my BRK relatives and catching a coupla Nets games over a long weekend. Bobblehead night woulda definitely been a game id target to go, but i got lazy making plans and then Lin kept getting hurt and now i'm actually thankful i slacked off cuz it'd so totally suck to go watch him sit on the bench.

I guess if i really want one i'd go buy it off eBay. Cheaper than the plane ticket i'm sure.
2k15
Pro Prospect

Post#389 » by 2k15 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:15 am

It was fun! You should've went. We played good ball for half the game.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#390 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:00 am

Another Lin hater in disguise?

But prejudice/bias is prejudice/bias. Can't be hidden.

http://en.yibada.com/articles/186428/20170115/jeremy-lin-latest-news-update-star-guard-ready-play-brooklyn.htm

Jeremy Lin feels he is well enough to return to action though the Brooklyn Nets plan to follow protocol. After two hamstring injuries, the last thing head coach Kenny Atkinson wants is to risk the 28-year-old guard’s health.

Lin claims that his recovery from his latest hamstring injury is going faster than expected than the first one, hoping to play in a week or two via CCTV5 and reported by the New York Post.

For Nets head coach Kenny Atkinson, Jeremy Lin’s competitive nature is laudable but maintains that they will stick to the doctor’s orders over rushing him back to help Brooklyn’s campaign. That said, Lin is not expected to suit up this Sunday when the Nets take on the Houston Rockets at the Barclay Center.

Lin's got soft doctors I guess? Or it's Marks that hired soft doctors? Or it's the owner that's soft? The guy who dared to run against Poutine?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#391 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:03 am

Prokorov wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
the D wont be better because PG defense has the least impact and you sitll have lopez preventing us from playing good team defense.

Lin is a huge upgrade from what we have at PG but we would need like lebron or durant or harden type impact for it to matter from a win/loss perspective.

Too bad the other thread got locked after a certain troll who was derailing, revisionist and overgeneralizing made a post there.

Anyways. I guess what I was saying wasn't that Lin would improve the D just by himself. It was more like he would improve the O enough that we could have better defenders like RHJ/Foye or iHead start at the wing positions. The D would then improve as well. Perhaps Brook wouldn't have to play so many minutes?

Vasquez would have made a big difference as well. He could have totally started at the 2 if healthy.

i dont think we would be much better on D unless lopez isnt playing. and if lopez isnt playing we arent beating anyone. its a catch 22

One thing is, we aren't sure how much of it is effort/stamina. I thought he wasn't so bad on D most of the game against the Raptors just now after the rest.

And by much better it'd be like from dead last to the middle, rather than to the top.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Jagger-meister
Junior
And1: 49

Post#392 » by Jagger-meister » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:35 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:Another Lin hater in disguise?

http://en.yibada.com/articles/186428/20170115/jeremy-lin-latest-news-update-star-guard-ready-play-brooklyn.htm

Jeremy Lin feels he is well enough to return to action though the Brooklyn Nets plan to follow protocol. After two hamstring injuries, the last thing head coach Kenny Atkinson wants is to risk the 28-year-old guard’s health.

Lin claims that his recovery from his latest hamstring injury is going faster than expected than the first one, hoping to play in a week or two via CCTV5 and reported by the New York Post.

For Nets head coach Kenny Atkinson, Jeremy Lin’s competitive nature is laudable but maintains that they will stick to the doctor’s orders over rushing him back to help Brooklyn’s campaign. That said, Lin is not expected to suit up this Sunday when the Nets take on the Houston Rockets at the Barclay Center.

Lin's got soft doctors I guess? Or it's Marks that hired soft doctors? Or it's the owner that's soft? The guy who dared to run against Poutine?
v

Spin doctoring at its finest. The only thing I got from this is the part that said he is "hoping" to play in a week or TWO. Two more weeks for real? :evil:

I believe in actions not words. You can wax poet about Lin's competitive nature all you want. The proof is in the pudding and he isn't pushing to get back anytime soon. I've seen this song and dance before when he skipped the playoffs with the Knicks.
Aussiemongoose
Ballboy
And1: 15

Post#393 » by Aussiemongoose » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:58 pm

guys don't waste your time. another troll. stop feeding him and ignore his comments. he's just trying to pick a fight.

Jagger-meister wrote:
Spin doctoring at its finest. The only thing I got from this is the part that said he is "hoping" to play in a week or TWO. Two more weeks for real? :evil:

I believe in actions not words. You can wax poet about Lin's competitive nature all you want. The proof is in the pudding and he isn't pushing to get back anytime soon. I've seen this song and dance before when he skipped the playoffs with the Knicks.
gafun
Junior
And1: 35

Post#394 » by gafun » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:08 pm

It sounds like we will not seem Lin play for another 15-20 games.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#395 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:45 pm

Jagger-meister wrote:

v

C'est la vie. No need to get worked up. Gotta be careful with injuries. One could argue that he came back too early last time.

Na, it's a misinterpretation. Some people had mistaken that he was healthy enough to play but actually he couldn't even jump properly, was 15% away from being able to play, wasn't even healthy at the beginning of the next season and too several months to become fully healthy.

In this case, the implication is that, Lin really wants to play soon but the coaching staff and the performance team decide otherwise.

I can understand tho, that if you're a real fan, it stings and hurts, but this sports does come with a certain risk for injuries.
Thanks for the honesty.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM

Post#396 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:47 pm

Aussiemongoose wrote:guys don't waste your time. another troll. stop feeding him and ignore his comments. he's just trying to pick a fight.

Jagger-meister wrote:

It's good to clear things, and vent a little of the frustration.....not much happening in this thread anyways.

OTOH, if the troll has cyber political/military power like a CondomSlave, I'd definitely not feed them.
Thanks for the honesty.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#397 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:33 pm

Jagger-meister wrote:

v

You're not Lin nor his doctor. Other posters have provided reports to substantiate their defense, you've provided conjecture.

Taking your personal recovery from a hamstring injury as the standard for Lin's hamstring recovery period (especially with it being the second time this season) is not sufficient.

If you have nothing else to back up the "soft" claim other than a personal bent, don't post it in this thread. Otherwise, it will be taken as trolling.

-NyCe
Jagger-meister
Junior
And1: 49

Post#398 » by Jagger-meister » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:20 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Jagger-meister wrote:

v

You're not Lin nor his doctor. Other posters have provided reports to substantiate their defense, you've provided conjecture.

Taking your personal recovery from a hamstring injury as the standard for Lin's hamstring recovery period (especially with it being the second time this season) is not sufficient.

If you have nothing else to back up the "soft" claim other than a personal bent, don't post it in this thread. Otherwise, it will be taken as trolling.

-NyCe

Are you holding everyone to the same journalist standards as me? So I am not allowed to state my opinion on here unless I'm treating Lin as his physician. Got it?

I don't know what your problem is with me? You attacked me after like my 3rd post ever joking about you were going to ban me with other posters and that's OK? I'm guessing you were the mod who try banning me after my 9th post also? Do you care to share why you did that sir? Or is it because you thought I was another poster despite not having proof yourself? Please answer this because you are being overly aggressive with me and I just joined this site. Is this how you welcome everyone?
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#399 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:07 pm

Jagger-meister wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
Jagger-meister wrote:v

-NyCe

Are you holding everyone to the same journalist standards as me? So I am not allowed to state my opinion on here unless I'm treating Lin as his physician. Got it?

I don't know what your problem is with me? You attacked me after like my 3rd post ever joking about you were going to ban me with other posters and that's OK? I'm guessing you were the mod who try banning me after my 9th post also? Do you care to share why you did that sir? Or is it because you thought I was another poster despite not having proof yourself? Please answer this because you are being overly aggressive with me and I just joined this site. Is this how you welcome everyone?

Actually, you can take a poll of the long time Nets posters on here. If anything, they'd probably say I've been too lenient in allowing posters to derail and go on tangents that are really just concealed trolling.

As I've said in numerous posts over the years that I've been a regular poster, opinion and discussion is fine. What is not ok is perpetuating unsubstantiated claims as fact?

People claim Lopez is soft. They at least give some level of evidence with tape from the games and rebounding numbers, which are supposed to imply an unwillingness to battle for and attack the boards.

You're claiming that Lin is soft based on his stint with the Knicks, which happened a half-decade ago, and people who were actively watching Lin disagree with you on. Posters have also done their due diligence in putting forth a cogent evidence that not only is Lin wanting to get back, it's management that is holding him back out of due diligence.

Your response to this was that you believe in actions, words. Well, we believe in facts too and no one will let facts get in the way of an opinion.

Also, when you sign up at RealGM, you are prompted to read the TOS, rules and regulations. Most skip right by that but we do have standards for what is considered baiting, trolling and other activities worthy of temporary suspensions. Regardless of whether posters read it or not, they are applicable to each and every poster.

If you simply said that it was your personal opinion that Lin was soft and left it at that, that's fine. But when you assert to others that Lin is soft, have little to no evidence to support one's claim and stand in defiance of other people's persuasive evidence only to continue to tout that your belief is correct, that is considering trolling (a suspension/banning worthy offense).

Moderators have posted at the start of this thread and throughout this thread that baiting and trolling will not be tolerated for myriad reasons. It is not for us to repeat these things to every new person on the board. The onus is on each new poster to do their own due diligence and to make sure that they are within bounds.

Words can be used to do a lot of good things. People in communities have different opinions. That's what diversity means. But we're not going to allow unsubstantiated rhetoric to impede or hinder the process of free-flowing expressions of the diversity of opinions. That is what your comments on Lin's "softness" are doing right now.

Regarding your bans, they came from two other moderators, not me. If you are running into problems with most other posters as well as multiple moderators, maybe the problem isn't with everyone else.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#400 » by Prokorov » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:36 pm

dude calling lins doctors soft?

really thats what this has come to?

Return to Brooklyn Nets