ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Houston Rockets @ Barclays Center - Sunday, 1/15/17 6:00pm.

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Pistolpete1947
Pro Prospect
And1: 143

Re: GT: Houston Rockets @ Barclays Center - Sunday, 1/15/17 6:00pm. 

Post#101 » by Pistolpete1947 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:23 am

Only God can help this team
Elmhurst NY
Junior
And1: 92

Post#102 » by Elmhurst NY » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:24 am

I guess that's his prerogative
Elmhurst NY
Junior
And1: 92

Post#103 » by Elmhurst NY » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:28 am

Record setting performance by the Nets. Not sure if good or bad.
At least the Cowboys lost.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#104 » by Paradise » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:32 am

Crazy how we competed for 2 quarters and still got smoked.

Rondae definitely is headed to the D-League with 14/7/2/3. Showcased his skill set and defensive potential. The turnovers is the repercussions of a young player being in a fast pace system. He's got to get more experienced to be able to play fast and smart at the same time. He's going to be be a useful piece down the line.

Caris shot was off but he put up a good defensive effort on Harden in the first half. Harden just got going early and it was over.

We need athleticism and size to win in this league. Bojan, Harris, Kilpatrick are too slow to close out shooters. Acy and Booker are good rebounders but their still undersized and not effective shot blockers.

Tonight was a test to see how we look without Lopez. We certainly looked faster, quicker and a little more athletic going with Acy, Booker, Hamilton. Both of those guys offset the softness of Hamilton.

I definitely think we need to look for an established young big or a prospect at the trade deadline. Noel, Cauley-Stein, Davis, somebody.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
qiantom
Pro Prospect
And1: 105

Post#105 » by qiantom » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:20 am

I don't understand why RHJ got 17 minutes only when he played quite well.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,846

Post#106 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:22 am

Paradise wrote:Crazy how we competed for 2 quarters and still got smoked.

Rondae definitely is headed to the D-League with 14/7/2/3. Showcased his skill set and defensive potential. The turnovers is the repercussions of a young player being in a fast pace system. He's got to get more experienced to be able to play fast and smart at the same time. He's going to be be a useful piece down the line.

Caris shot was off but he put up a good defensive effort on Harden in the first half. Harden just got going early and it was over.

We need athleticism and size to win in this league. Bojan, Harris, Kilpatrick are too slow to close out shooters. Acy and Booker are good rebounders but their still undersized and not effective shot blockers.

Tonight was a test to see how we look without Lopez. We certainly looked faster, quicker and a little more athletic going with Acy, Booker, Hamilton. Both of those guys offset the softness of Hamilton.

I definitely think we need to look for an established young big or a prospect at the trade deadline. Noel, Cauley-Stein, Davis, somebody.

Yeah, we need to get athletic up front and we could use another athletic wing in the mix. When Kenny went with the Hamilton/Booker/Bojan/Harris/Dinwiddie line up that was easy pickings for Houston. zero resistance. When Acy/RHJ/LeVert came in, there was at least pushback, steals, forced TOs etc. It's no coincidence that LeVert/RHJ were the only players with a positive in plus minus (aside from scola, lol).
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,720

Post#107 » by TinmanZBoy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:47 am

Pistolpete1947 wrote:Only God can help this team

Aaron Rodgers, please please save the Nets
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,720

Post#108 » by TinmanZBoy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:52 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Yeah, we need to get athletic up front and we could use another athletic wing in the mix. When Kenny went with the Hamilton/Booker/Bojan/Harris/Dinwiddie line up that was easy pickings for Houston. zero resistance. When Acy/RHJ/LeVert came in, there was at least pushback, steals, forced TOs etc. It's no coincidence that LeVert/RHJ were the only players with a positive in plus minus (aside from scola, lol).

the Lin/LeVert/RHJ/Booker/Lopez will give you a little hope... they could be super switchy on defense, Let Lin control the tempo, LeVert learn along... Rondae and Booker need keep shooting threes...I like Rondae and LeVert's instincts on both ends, obviously LeVert is more polished skill wise... but Rondae could be great on defense
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
2k15
Pro Prospect
And1: 193

Post#109 » by 2k15 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:47 pm

I thought we played well for the first half. We can't buy a bucket in the third quarter. I guess this is what happens when your 3s don't fall on a team that can only shoot threes. It would be nice to get some easier looks - do some drive and kick, pnr, but we probably dont have the personnel for that right now. Second half was super sloppy - the amount of unforced errors makes me face palm so hard.

I also think Houston is just playing out of their mind right now. Eric Gordon just can't miss. He is the real x-factor in their team this season.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,846

Post#110 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:34 pm

TinmanZBoy wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

the Lin/LeVert/RHJ/Booker/Lopez will give you a little hope... they could be super switchy on defense, Let Lin control the tempo, LeVert learn along... Rondae and Booker need keep shooting threes...I like Rondae and LeVert's instincts on both ends, obviously LeVert is more polished skill wise... but Rondae could be great on defense

I don't mind him taking a wide open opportunity but I'd prefer he focus on moving the ball, making the correct pass. Last night he had 5 TOs, 3 of which I counted on really dumb passes as of a result of him trying to do too much. The best plays in basketball are always simple, basic things and he's got to calm down and worry about making a good clean pass instead of going for a fancy highlight pass. LeVert literally always makes the correct basketball pass and its never fancy, just crisp and precise.

Otherwise i thought he played really well. very active on d, played physical, didn't get down on himself just kept pushing.

personally i don't trade the kid but thats only dependent upon a can't miss deal falling into our laps.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#111 » by ChokeFasncists » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:09 am

Just finished watching replay, few thoughts:

- They're seriously missing Capela, their D is soooo bad.

- Off game by Harden but still got triple double. Crazy. Refs didn't fall for his flopping but they still scored over 70 in the first half.....shame......mad props to MDA tho.

- Harrell is playing well, they have no need for DMo......aMorey......

- They don't have Bogs tho. I thought he dug us in a hole with his D at the beginning of both halves. Can't wait till he comes off the bench or is traded.

- 2-13 run to start the 3rd quarter, yikes.

- Acy is great. 3&D guy + rebounding. Very valuable.

- iHead was probably not 100% but he did get some nice passes in

- LVJ's jumper wasn't falling but his D is looking even better.

- RHJ had 5 TOs but has shown improvement going to the basket.

- Booker had a nice offensive game and some great hustle but at times he does some lazy stuff like slapping at the ball, ball watching and not focused when finishing, missing point blank.

- JHar getting better as a starter but he still makes some inexplicable mistakes on D.

- JHam's little hook is nice, not a one trick pony.

- Diwidi had 8 assists? I didn't notice. Good for him tho. He scored well last game but laid an egg this game? Was it cuz of Beverley? He is wildly inconsistent.

- CMC looks good on O but he is still passive on D.

- Got a glimpse of what this team could look like without Brook.
The lineup of Booker/Acy/RHJ/LVJ/iHead made an appearance and it was a breath of fresh air.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#112 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:43 pm

Looking at how well montrez has played makes me so frustrated we didnt draft him when we had multiple chances and he fell so late.

most probably remeber me being so crazy about drafting him. he was just what a soft, heartless team needed. injection of a super passionate hard working athletic guy who put effort on D. glad to see he is finding a role.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#113 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:49 am

Prokorov wrote:Looking at how well montrez has played makes me so frustrated we didnt draft him when we had multiple chances and he fell so late.

most probably remeber me being so crazy about drafting him. he was just what a soft, heartless team needed. injection of a super passionate hard working athletic guy who put effort on D. glad to see he is finding a role.

Well, now we've got Booker and Acy, not bad?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Yit
Junior
And1: 31

Post#114 » by Yit » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:25 am

Tracking players performance against Rockets 15 Jan 2017

By GCP
RHJ 31
Booker 28
Foye 22
Hamilton 21
Scola 18
Harris 15
CLV 14
Acy 11
Whitehead 10
Kilpatrick 9
CMC 7
Bogdanovic 3
Dinwiddie 3

Best offensive effort = no one above 9, best defensive effort = Hamilton (12)

Opponent's GCP
T.Ari 49
J.Har 43
P.Bev 42
E.Gor 41
M.Har 38
R.And 19
S.Dek 19
KJM 18
N.Hil 17
C.Bre 5
B.Bro 0
T.Enn (-1)

Comparison of best 5 players average Nets (22) vs Rockets (34).
Stability is a myth perpetuated by the agents called homeostasis and status quo....

Return to Brooklyn Nets