ImageImageImage

How much could we get from the Arizona?

Moderator: Crowned

Treadmill_Team
Senior
And1: 391

How much could we get from the Arizona? 

Post#1 » by Treadmill_Team » Sun May 1, 2016 6:25 pm

It's more than just a hockey trade for Arizona, they need to sell tickets. We could hold them hostage for their whole team. Could we get Ekman-Larrson, Max Domi, Strome and 8 for Matthews?
wegetitin08
Rookie
And1: 1,632

Re: How much could we get from the Arizona? 

Post#2 » by wegetitin08 » Sun May 1, 2016 7:09 pm

Treadmill_Team wrote:It's more than just a hockey trade for Arizona, they need to sell tickets. We could hold them hostage for their whole team. Could we get Ekman-Larrson, Max Domi, Strome and 8 for Matthews?

Keep Matthews unless McDavid is in play
BramptonYute
Head Coach
And1: 8,677

Post#3 » by BramptonYute » Sun May 1, 2016 7:31 pm

I'd take OEL, Strome and 7 tbh

Number 1 dman, Strome could turn into a nice big 1c and the 7th pick would still be a solid prospect.

I just dont see Arizona doing it. Its a team sport, and I think they understand that they'll also sell tickets by doing well and making the playoffs.
Treadmill_Team
Senior
And1: 391

Post#4 » by Treadmill_Team » Sun May 1, 2016 9:13 pm

Nored wrote:I'd take OEL, Strome and 7 tbh

Number 1 dman, Strome could turn into a nice big 1c and the 7th pick would still be a solid prospect.

I just dont see Arizona doing it. Its a team sport, and I think they understand that they'll also sell tickets by doing well and making the playoffs.

Unless Tkachuk, dubois or Nylander falls to 7, I'd want Domi too.

And I know it's a team sport, but from an ownership standpoint, you will sell more tickets with Auston Matthews even if you lose. The team will get more attention on the national stage. He's half Mexican so the marketing possibilities in Arizona are gigantic.

Sure gutting the team of all their young talent will make the rebuilding process longer. But the leafs are giving them a prospect that has the potential to be better than any player they're giving up. And it's not like they still can't win down the road.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,516

Post#5 » by Dr Positivity » Mon May 2, 2016 11:53 pm

OEL and 7th pick would be a hell of a package, but I think financially the Coyotes are better off trying to build a good team with exciting forwards, than a bad team with Matthews. If they build a good team with young studs like Strome, Domi, Duclair it will be a more marketable team than the good but boring grinder team of a few years ago
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,476

Post#6 » by bballsparkin » Tue May 3, 2016 5:38 am

The Coyotes can get a good player at 7th from what I've read. I don't see them giving up enough to make the trade happen from the Leafs perspective. Maybe if the Oilers won the lottery. I read the GM saying no way he gives up the pick and OEL. Maybe that's just talk. But adding in Strome too is lols worthy I'm thinking.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,209

Post#7 » by LLJ » Wed May 4, 2016 4:43 pm

I wonder how Leafs fans would react if we did trade away Matthews like this, even if the package is a lot of very good pieces.
Mohanad
Pro Prospect
And1: 698

Post#8 » by Mohanad » Fri May 6, 2016 8:01 am

Arizona made it abundantly clear that they wont even consider trading OEL

Strome, Domi, and the 7th wont cut it.

The conversation starts with a package revolving Ekman-Larsson. Yotes fans say no way in hell, and Leaf fans will say no way in hell.

I love where the Leafs are at anyways. Been waiting 12 years for a proper rebuild. Cant wait to see Nylander/Mathews/Marner on the PP.

The bandwagon on this team is going to be unprecedented.
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 351

Post#9 » by Ong_dynasty » Fri May 6, 2016 10:14 am

What about a Domi, Duclair, Strome and the 7th? maybe give them the 2nd rounder as well? or penguins pick?
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 154

Post#10 » by Crowned » Tue May 24, 2016 9:38 pm

Any offer would have to start with OEL in it for the leafs to return their phone call.

Regardless, they aren't trading the pick.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#11 » by The_Hater » Sat May 28, 2016 9:19 pm

LLJ wrote:I wonder how Leafs fans would react if we did trade away Matthews like this, even if the package is a lot of very good pieces.

The could rewind time to the Eric Lindros trade that netted Quebec/Colorado a boatload of young players and eventually a couple of cups.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
North_of_Border
Pro Prospect
And1: 369

Post#12 » by North_of_Border » Sun Jun 5, 2016 12:21 am

I think people are not taking this serious enough. Arizona was almost relocated several times over several years. A hometown guy like Matthews could literally be a savior for them. I think they make a serious run at the Leafs pick even if the price is Very Very big.

As for the Leafs. Matthews has franchise potential. But he is no McDavid either. If you can gets a Huge package from Arizona. You not only take it, but you hold em hostage and blackmail em for every little bit you can squeeze out of them.

It has to be considered.

Return to Toronto Maple Leafs