Moderator: Crowned

Canucklehead
Veteran
And1: 23

Re: OT: Vancouver Canucks riot 

Post#121 » by Canucklehead » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:41 pm

gojoorange wrote:
bballsparkin wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:no it's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that photo. I'd rip it out of his hands and beat him with it along with all the other morons running around with gigantic smiles on there faces after there team not only lost but random people are being attacked for no good reason at all.

Right, that will help calm things down. Good thinking.

+1

All that would do is put you in the hospital.

I knew it was a rant after I posted it was too lazy to take it down but seriously 70 lb kid going nutz with a hockey stick and being filmed......I'm just disgusted by the photos I've seen of a guy knocked out cold on the pavement while multiple people talk smack and others point and laugh while yet a 100 more sit with there cell phones taking pictures (granted some of these might end up in the cops hands and could be quite useful). It makes me sick and you don't need to post pictures of the clean up volunteers for me to know not all of Vancouver was in on the riot.
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#122 » by hsb » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:53 am

That guy with the stick got arrested.
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
gojoorange
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,081

Post#123 » by gojoorange » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:48 pm

Regarding the KO'd Bruins fan, it seems more mature Canucks fans and two security guards were advising him to leave. The Bruins fan then took a swing at the Canucks fan, and the security guards knocked him down and he hit his head on the pavement, which is the picture you see online. You can see all of this happen in one of the videos as well. So this is by no means a Bruins fan "attacked by an angry mob", but rather the Bruins fan was the aggressor toward security guards. In the end, it seems everyone is fine and most people have been released from the hospital. Even the Canucks fan who fell from the viaduct has been upgraded to stable condition, so all the rumours of fatalities and attacked Bruins fan are unsubstantiated.
overdose
Analyst
And1: 1,506

Post#124 » by overdose » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:50 am

Darkseid wrote:Vancouver didn't deserve to win a Cup and this proves it. Their fans might be the worse in sports.
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#125 » by Gold Chain » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:23 pm

A part of me is kind of strangely amused as the arrogance of British Columbia finally got put in check.

Every time I go there the "How do you live in Ontario?" questions come up and I have to bite my lip.

So, from now on, the people of BC can now STFU and respect the Terry.

Return to Vancouver Canucks