ImageImageImageImageImage

Wade World Trade Center Quote

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

DeenNY31
Senior
And1: 48

Re: Wade World Trade Center Quote 

Post#21 » by DeenNY31 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:38 pm

StutterStep wrote:ACTUAL QUOTE

"There's going to be times when we lose 2-3 games in a row, and it seems like the world has crashed down. You all are going to make it seem like the World Trade is coming down again, but it's not going to be nothing but a couple basketball games.
- Dwyane Wade

wow wtf, I just noticed the article was edited and changed to say that. The original quote that was posted in the article was this
We're going to be wearing a bullseye,'' Wade said. "But that's what you play for. If we lose a couple in a row this season, it will be like the World Trade (Center) is coming down again. When the schedule comes out, people will be looking for the Lakers and Heat, to see when they play us. I feel like I'm a new player in Miami. That's how excited I am.'
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#22 » by N8isScofield » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:40 pm

First class c*cksucker. He has no business ever referencing such a tragic event. I honestly wish a bus would hit him. 3500 people died for god's sake. I wonder if it had been the Sears tower in his city if he would say something like this. Truly awful.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#23 » by StutterStep » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:40 pm

DeenNY31 wrote:wow wtf, I just noticed the article was edited and changed to say that. The original quote that was posted in the article was this
We're going to be wearing a bullseye,'' Wade said. "But that's what you play for. If we lose a couple in a row this season, it will be like the World Trade (Center) is coming down again. When the schedule comes out, people will be looking for the Lakers and Heat, to see when they play us. I feel like I'm a new player in Miami. That's how excited I am.'

I guess now it's a controversy on whether he was misquoted, etc....
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,269

Post#24 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:40 pm

Face it, it is rare to have a top 10 player in the league who has a real intellect or at the very least exhibits some semblance of thoughtfulness. Tim Duncan seems like a thoughtful guy. Lebron now seems pretty dumb to me. Wade never seemed too sharp to me either frankly. I think he has very little personality. That certainly was both a stupid and insensitive comment.
ImageImageImage
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#25 » by boomann21 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:44 pm

So he can actually say that Miami losing 2-3 games equates to the death of thousands of people. That's a very interesting take on things. A game compared to a US massacre. That's like me comparing connect four to people dying in a drive by.
bigball123
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#26 » by bigball123 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:44 pm

This is just showing their ignorance, and lack of class that these pricks have. For 7 years they have been respectable, now their true personalities are coming out.
bigball123
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#27 » by bigball123 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:45 pm

And this is honestly DISGUSTING!
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#28 » by TheBluest » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:46 pm

StutterStep wrote:
DeenNY31 wrote:wow wtf, I just noticed the article was edited and changed to say that. The original quote that was posted in the article was this

I guess now it's a controversy on whether he was misquoted, etc....

Doesn't matter.... he made some reference to WTC and losing a couple of basketball games.... :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

I'm tempted in advance to derail threads on this forum discussing their Games as in starting threads on say

Heat vs Warriors

Heat vs Wizards

etc etc

I don't care what will happen in these games...They don't belong here period.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#29 » by br7knicks » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:46 pm

J_Era_3 wrote:I have a feeling that "The 3" are going to need some serious security when they play the Knicks, even more now after this preposterous quote. :nonono:

Wade has now taken the reigns from LeBron James as the...

Biggest Douche in the Universe!
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Douglas23
Senior
And1: 0

Post#30 » by Douglas23 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:46 pm

Wow, this fagg0t has really been running his mouth as of late... Calling the Bulls unloyal, getting on Barkley for never winning, and now this 9/11 ignorance. Im hoping for serious injuries to plague the cHeat. I hope all those divas and their pathetic ring chasers retire ringless.
Knicks Core: Toney Douglas, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Bill Walker, Solomon Alabi (draft)
KnicksChamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,297

Post#31 » by KnicksChamps » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:49 pm

NBAonNBC wrote:wow..im at a loss of words

My jaw dropped when I read it.
That's nowhere near cool
cooch2584
Sixth Man
And1: 86

Post#32 » by cooch2584 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:51 pm

I gotta think that not even pat the rat can comprehend how he can make that comparsion.pat the rat "please dwade tell me you didnt just say what they said you said" IMHO not just Knicks fans but all NBA fans shouldnt watch,attend, or even talk about the heat. There hasta be a way this is boycotted. What was going thru his small mind?? I cant express the hatred I feel for him right now. UNREAL!
cooch2584
Sixth Man

Post#33 » by cooch2584 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:56 pm

Please mods and admins. after the inital(sp?) shock of such a stupid statement, and the shock by all the posters on this board wears off somewhere down the road,please put a time and date where NOTHING will be posted on this board about the heat. I implore you!!
BelieveTheDream
RealGM
And1: 45

Post#34 » by BelieveTheDream » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:57 pm

wtf??? wade out of everyone in the league i mean for you to say something classless like this i would not at all of thought you would say something this wrong
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#35 » by boomann21 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:58 pm

And here I thought he picked his wardrobe to match his wit and intelligence. He should of dressed himself like a bum as to not mislead the people.
Adam118
Sophomore

Post#36 » by Adam118 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:00 pm

I still had respect for Wade. Why not say losing would be like the Holocaust while he's at it.

That's turned this from a basketball feud to a city feud. Unfortunately, they'll now need security. Terrible. Thought he knew better. Why was the quote edited? Either way he's saying that he equates a losing streak with 9/11.

Sorta feel sorry for the Heat's PR department.
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
And1: 4,239

Post#37 » by swisscheeseD » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:00 pm

I don't know about you fellas, but the pure hatred for the Miami Heat and Pat Riley are back. This gets me excited as a Knicks fan, because it's only going to make us strive to step our game up. We brought in players with toughness and true grit. Guys like Stat, Gallo and Felts have the toughness from our skill positions...while guys like Walker and AR don't back down to anyone. I can see them mold into the smashmouth goons of old and really stick it to these divas.

I'm sick of these ****. Let them come in here with their "U Mad?" sigs, ya damn straight I'm mad. But you just woke the sleeping giant. NY basketball is coming back to the forefront. I want to see DWhistle and LeDiva thrown to the ground and closelined on penetration. NO LAYUP RULE IS BACK IN PLAY!
Chicago Bulls

PG: Kemba Walker / T.Rozier / B.Wannamaker
SG: Donte DiVincenzo / T.Ross / P.Connaughton
SF: Kawhi Leonard / R.O’Neale / Caleb Martin
PF: Draymond Green / B.Portis / A.Aminu
C: Jonas Valanciunas / M.Harrell / F.Kaminsky
cooch2584
Sixth Man

Post#38 » by cooch2584 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:03 pm

I feel pain to anyone reading this stupid comment that lost friends or loved ones on 9/11. I dont feel no pain for the heat pr dept or any of the 3 ****. I hope this doesnt bring back bad memories to some of you as it has done to me. If it does then God Bless Us all. Im serious this hurts!!!
DeenNY31
Senior
And1: 48

Post#39 » by DeenNY31 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:03 pm

and now NBAFanhouse is trying to cover up for him..
http://twitter.com/NBAFanHouse
Adam118
Sophomore

Post#40 » by Adam118 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:05 pm

swisscheeseD wrote:I don't know about you fellas, but the pure hatred for the Miami Heat and Pat Riley are back. This gets me excited as a Knicks fan, because it's only going to make us strive to step our game up. We brought in players with toughness and true grit. Guys like Stat, Gallo and Felts have the toughness from our skill positions...while guys like Walker and AR don't back down to anyone. I can see them mold into the smashmouth goons of old and really stick it to these divas.

I'm sick of these ****. Let them come in here with their "U Mad?" sigs, ya damn straight I'm mad. But you just woke the sleeping giant. NY basketball is coming back to the forefront. I want to see DWhistle and LeDiva thrown to the ground and closelined on penetration. NO LAYUP RULE IS BACK IN PLAY!

Hell yeah!

Also, Stern should fine Wade on this. If Gilbert was bad enough to fine, well, this is terrible and likely to provoke violence of some sort. These guys can't be made comfortable in NYC until they at least apologize in some way. Then we'll just kick their asses on the court.

It's a matter of pride, I don't know if they have any.

Return to New York Knicks