ImageImageImageImageImage

LeBron James: they wanna push my top back like JFK. So I JFK

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Re: LeBron James: they wanna push my top back like JFK. So I JFK 

Post#81 » by TheBluest » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:51 pm

See5 wrote:RAUSE the BAUCE!!!

ROZAY!!!!

He makes good music and I've been saying this for about 3yrs now. He's not some legend but when he goes to the Studio he gets it done.
HEATindaHouse
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#82 » by HEATindaHouse » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:22 am

Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#83 » by Paeds » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:25 am

Clyde_Style wrote:For those of you who still do not get why people harp on these guys, let me put it in the simplest and starkest terms.

Please do not respond unless you genuinely think it through.

1. They ask for attention. They crave it and their actions show it. This cannot be disputed.

2. They say ignorant things. They often do not wish to take responsibility for their own statements.

3. You do not seek attention and say ignorant things without getting a response. Basic law of cause and effect magnified by the power of social media.

4. You do not get to take on the martyr pose and pretend you are the victim of public persecution when you:

(a) See # 1 & # 2 above.

(b) Get paid hundreds of millions of dollars to play a game the world could get along without if it had to.

5. Getting paid handsomely does not give the public a license to abuse a celebrity, but it most certainly does not give the celebrity any greater value as a human being unless they make other contributions to the world by helping others, being a good father, etc.

6. However, these individuals think they are worth more to the planet than they are. When they place their value on the same scale of worth as a thousand victims of a terrorist attack or an American President they are asking for scrutinty. They already beg for attention so when they say godawful ignorant things they will get extra scrutiny, which leads me to ask:

7. How can anyone lay a trip on people who give these guys the treatment they invite unto themselves? They crave attention and think they are more important than they are. Then they repeatedly show themselves to be stupid and unworthy of attention so the result is they get negative attention. Hence, the concept of zipping it.

I know full well how rappers or toasters identify with and adopt historical figures as part of their personas. The journey from having nothing to fame and fortune often has a great deal to do identifying yourself as larger than life and striking a pose.

When an ignorant overpaid, self-important celebrity starts to cry like babies about negative attention they draw to themselves with their vanity and childishness, I have no sympathy for them.

But when they try to equate their situation with great tragedies how can any one of you question myself or anyone else publicly stating they should FK OFF?

LOL, Bravo. Clyde what type of work do you do? :lol:
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,275

Post#84 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:28 am

Paeds, you could say right now I'm a man without a career. I was investing my own money and stopped due to the meltdown and a basic lack of desire to remain involved in the markets. I really don't enjoy it any longer. Now I'm downsizing my life to fit into a storage room before I leave Florida for good. I'll use some of my savings to buy a few years to dedicate myself to writing and performing and then if I don't have an income doing something I love I'll go back to swing trading later.

Life is short, might as well do something you really love while you have a chance. I'm not afraid of just making a living because I learned I can always find ways to remain self-employed and earn some money even if that involves living simply. I may travel in India for a bit and then I'll probably land in San Francisco which is good home for solo performers. I'm from NYC and have done that and I'd like to live in the Bay Area before I die. It's still an amazing place.
ImageImageImage
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,577

Post#85 » by Knick4Real » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:54 am

WADE = BEYONCE'
LEBRON = KELLY ROWLAND
BOSH = MICHELLE WILLIAMS

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...

BEYONCE'
...and Destiny's Child
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,206

Post#86 » by aq_ua » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:56 am

Clyde_Style wrote:Paeds, you could say right now I'm a man without a career. I was investing my own money and stopped due to the meltdown and a basic lack of desire to remain involved in the markets. I really don't enjoy it any longer. Now I'm downsizing my life to fit into a storage room before I leave Florida for good. I'll use some of my savings to buy a few years to dedicate myself to writing and performing and then if I don't have an income doing something I love I'll go back to swing trading later.

Life is short, might as well do something you really love while you have a chance. I'm not afraid of just making a living because I learned I can always find ways to remain self-employed and earn some money even if that involves living simply. I may travel in India for a bit and then I'll probably land in San Francisco which is good home for solo performers. I'm from NYC and have done that and I'd like to live in the Bay Area before I die. It's still an amazing place.
I like it. We should grab a beer sometime.
denterprise
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#87 » by denterprise » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:55 am

Clyde_Style wrote:For those of you who still do not get why people harp on these guys, let me put it in the simplest and starkest terms.

Please do not respond unless you genuinely think it through.

1. They ask for attention. They crave it and their actions show it. This cannot be disputed.

2. They say ignorant things. They often do not wish to take responsibility for their own statements.

3. You do not seek attention and say ignorant things without getting a response. Basic law of cause and effect magnified by the power of social media.

4. You do not get to take on the martyr pose and pretend you are the victim of public persecution when you:

(a) See # 1 & # 2 above.

(b) Get paid hundreds of millions of dollars to play a game the world could get along without if it had to.

5. Getting paid handsomely does not give the public a license to abuse a celebrity, but it most certainly does not give the celebrity any greater value as a human being unless they make other contributions to the world by helping others, being a good father, etc.

6. However, these individuals think they are worth more to the planet than they are. When they place their value on the same scale of worth as a thousand victims of a terrorist attack or an American President they are asking for scrutinty. They already beg for attention so when they say godawful ignorant things they will get extra scrutiny, which leads me to ask:

7. How can anyone lay a trip on people who give these guys the treatment they invite unto themselves? They crave attention and think they are more important than they are. Then they repeatedly show themselves to be stupid and unworthy of attention so the result is they get negative attention. Hence, the concept of zipping it.

I know full well how rappers or toasters identify with and adopt historical figures as part of their personas. The journey from having nothing to fame and fortune often has a great deal to do identifying yourself as larger than life and striking a pose.

When an ignorant overpaid, self-important celebrity starts to cry like babies about negative attention they draw to themselves with their vanity and childishness, I have no sympathy for them.

But when they try to equate their situation with great tragedies how can any one of you question myself or anyone else publicly stating they should FK OFF?

+1 Clyde! Very well stated and to the point. Ignorance should always be challenged or it will be accepted as the norm. The fools from South Beach and other dumb celebrities will always have their defenders but this should not deter anyone from challenging fools that have a false sense of superiority and importance.
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#88 » by Thorn » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:57 pm

I am in agreement with Clyde on both of his prior posts, you cannot seize on two of the most tragic moments in American history to compare these to your life in any way and expect there not to be backlash.

Neither of these young men endured anything close to what was endured by the people (or places full of our citizens) in the events they so carelessly toss about.

It is unacceptable on every level, and it is disrespectful to the millions affected by those two horrific events in human history.

Where the Lebron lines came from is irrelevant to me, I am not fond of the original source material and find that disrespectful, so that in no way mitigates the damage done here.

What was done? Two privileged men, who are millionaires and paid handsomely to play a game feel that in some way their lives or the game of basketball compares to horrific loss of life and history changing events that scared our country forever.

These men picked this path, they opted for this. If they expected there to be no fallout they were ignorant. If their handlers told them it would all blow over in a heartbeat they have poor handlers.

It may indeed blow over, but it won’t if you keep rubbing our nose in it and compounding the problem with your own ignorance.

As someone with close ties to 9/11, as someone who had to go there to deal with the aftermath and saw firsthand the fallout. As a man who sat with other men listening to the stories of what went on while we tried to rebuild offices, and replace co-workers who meant the world to our company I will NEVER accept these types of references. This topic is not to be tossed about casually.

There is NO single event in my life more powerful, sad or moving. NOTHING in sports will ever come close to explaining it or warranting a reference to it.

Ever.

If the Yankees do not win this year shall we break out the holocaust references? If you do you will find me here telling you just how wrong you are. This is not up for debate or question.

Sports are sports, but loss of real human life is not “fair game” for reference and comparison. Ever.
nytonm
Pro Prospect
And1: 304

Post#89 » by nytonm » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:05 pm

So I jfk, Joined forces with the kings...
emo
RealGM
And1: 4,732

Post#90 » by emo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:13 pm

nytonm wrote:So I jfk, Joined forces with the kings...

^^This...

:dontknow:

(I honestly didn't know that shyt before nytonm posted.. but f*ck y''all, you were still impressed!)
Guano wrote:Will be interesting to see how this place transitions from killing Melo to turning on KP. I'm hoping Frank shows out so we can divide into Frank vs KP factions. That should be fun.
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by Thorn » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:15 pm

nytonm wrote:So I jfk, Joined forces with the kings...

Hi, I can see that you are new around here. Welcome to RealGM. Now..

This is what a ballboy does...

That's it.

Just sit there.
Dr Genius
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#92 » by Dr Genius » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:18 pm

It is going to be funny when someone blows a cap on Gloria James. The JFK analogy will be epic. Maybe he will pull an MJ and quit basketball for a season to play football.
emo
RealGM
And1: 4,732

Post#93 » by emo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:19 pm

Y'all were kneeling to this coward before he chose Miami..

You all make me sick.

Bunch of scorned b*tches!
Guano wrote:Will be interesting to see how this place transitions from killing Melo to turning on KP. I'm hoping Frank shows out so we can divide into Frank vs KP factions. That should be fun.
cooch2584
Sixth Man
And1: 86

Post#94 » by cooch2584 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:28 pm

I agree wholeheartly. I lost people on 9/11 and to me this fiasco of mentioning 9/11 and JFK ( I was a kid then and I still remember where I was when it happened) somehow hasta stop spewing outta the mouths of these self serving superstars. They think that they can say anything,do anything and if it bothers people just apologize and all will be well. Wades attempt at that apology was a backhanded attempt to divert his wrongdoing and put it on the media,or the interpetation of the fans so IMHO it wasnt an apology but a feeble attempt to get fans to forgive him and buy his jerseys. Why is it so hard for a superstar jock,actor,actress,or someone in the public eye to just say "Im sorry I messed up. I did or said something wrong and i am truly sorry and I hope you the general public forgive me?" I just dont get it. So now wade and leborn antics go on their way,the NBA doesnt do anything about such senseless stupidity and Im sure they will do it again. Somewhere in our society,people hafta be to told to stand up, be a man or woman, and accept responsibility for their moronic actions. Maybe its me but I just dont get it.
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by Thorn » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:40 pm

Dr Genius wrote:It is going to be funny when someone blows a cap on Gloria James. The JFK analogy will be epic. Maybe he will pull an MJ and quit basketball for a season to play football.

This post is unacceptable in every way.

Nothing funny about how Michael Jordan's father died, it was in fact a travesty. Then in the same breath to in a sense be wishing the same on Lebron's mother?

Honestly I think that deserves a banning right there.
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,750

Post#96 » by omerome » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:43 pm

Thorn wrote:
Dr Genius wrote:It is going to be funny when someone blows a cap on Gloria James. The JFK analogy will be epic. Maybe he will pull an MJ and quit basketball for a season to play football.

Nothing funny about how Michael Jordan's father died, it was in fact a travesty. Then in the same breath to in a sense be wishing the same on Lebron's mother?

I agree. This is just basketball people.

Why do some of you wish pain and agony on someone's mother or family? You may not like the person but you should never go that far to wish for someone or their loved ones to die. That's just low...
BigUgly
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#97 » by BigUgly » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:44 pm

Thorn wrote:

I agree . I dont think our board should show this type of thing . Hurts the credibilty. We can hate on James all we want on the court but to go this far is not cool
“[He] called me a ‘rapist’ and a ‘recluse.’ I’m not a recluse.” -Mike Tyson
cooch2584
Sixth Man

Post#98 » by cooch2584 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:09 pm

I agree,talking about moms and not just the player or the person is unacceptable
cooch2584
Sixth Man

Post#99 » by cooch2584 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:11 pm

This board has been mentioned on espn radio so we must keep our cred .up Please stay on topic.
Subway Token
RealGM
And1: 157

Post#100 » by Subway Token » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:27 pm

The biggest mistake you can make in life is fearing that you will make one! STOP! Everyone makes mistakes! Just live & learn! about 21 hours ago via UberTwitter

@KingJames

Return to New York Knicks