ImageImageImageImageImage

OT- Anime

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, GONYK, Thugger HBC, Knickstape1214, NoLayupRule, Thorn, j4remi, Brooklyn_Yards, mrpoetryNmotion

Getouttahea22
Junior
Posts: 483
And1: 2
Joined: Apr 01, 2012

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#981 » by Getouttahea22 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:34 am

Getouttahea22 wrote:Recently started watching Kokoro Connect. I wasn't sure it would be something I wanted to watch, as high school/slice of life and body swapping didn't seem particularly appealing to me at first. But it actually seems to have some depth to its story so I think I'm going to keep watching it. And I like the voice actress for Inaba, who I think I first heard as Cal Devens in Phantom. Sigh...that Cal Devens was sooo hot...


I actually think I might like Kokoro Connect as much or more than Sakurasou now...it's a bit more serious perhaps, but I kind of like that.


Also this song is sooooo catchy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6YQeovB4q4
Falstaffxx
Banned User
Posts: 9,155
And1: 164
Joined: Sep 27, 2010

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#982 » by Falstaffxx » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:49 am

bertrob wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:My favorite shows this season are continuations - Bakuman and AKB0048. The 3 new ones I'm watching are Sasami-san, Vividred, and Senran Kagura.

How are you liking Kagura thus far?


I'm enjoying it. There's not much to it, and I wasn't expecting much, lol.
User avatar
Bertrob
RealGM
Posts: 20,119
And1: 1,218
Joined: Sep 08, 2011
Location: Free Clinic
 

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#983 » by Bertrob » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:41 pm



good show
Falstaffxx
Banned User
Posts: 9,155
And1: 164
Joined: Sep 27, 2010

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#984 » by Falstaffxx » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:29 pm

bertrob wrote:

good show


Is that the same thing as GJ-bu? This is the first I've heard of it. It's airing right now right?
User avatar
Bertrob
RealGM
Posts: 20,119
And1: 1,218
Joined: Sep 08, 2011
Location: Free Clinic
 

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#985 » by Bertrob » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:17 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
Is that the same thing as GJ-bu? This is the first I've heard of it. It's airing right now right?


Yeah it is GJ-BU, and yea its from this season. It is quite quirky
Falstaffxx
Banned User
Posts: 9,155
And1: 164
Joined: Sep 27, 2010

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#986 » by Falstaffxx » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:26 pm

bertrob wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:
Is that the same thing as GJ-bu? This is the first I've heard of it. It's airing right now right?


Yeah it is GJ-BU, and yea its from this season. It is quite quirky


I might check it out. I like the voices in the PV.
User avatar
Bertrob
RealGM
Posts: 20,119
And1: 1,218
Joined: Sep 08, 2011
Location: Free Clinic
 

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#987 » by Bertrob » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:59 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
I might check it out. I like the voices in the PV.


It is interesting because the majority of the cast are newbies. The main character is voiced by the same girl who did Rikka from Chuuibyou, and the main guy is voiced by the guy who did the main character in Baka To Test, The World Only God Knows, and Dakara. (but hes already kinda established) So lot of potential.
Getouttahea22
Junior
Posts: 483
And1: 2
Joined: Apr 01, 2012

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#988 » by Getouttahea22 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:46 pm

BasedJohnson wrote:Anyone watch OreShura? Pretty good imo 8-)


I think it's probably my favorite so far of the shows that started recently. A bit early to judge though, I guess. Maoyuu was kind of okay I guess, but isn't it a bit weird that the main character doesn't seem to have a name? They just call him "hero" right? wtf is that?
User avatar
Bertrob
RealGM
Posts: 20,119
And1: 1,218
Joined: Sep 08, 2011
Location: Free Clinic
 

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#989 » by Bertrob » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:09 am

Getouttahea22 wrote:
BasedJohnson wrote:Anyone watch OreShura? Pretty good imo 8-)


I think it's probably my favorite so far of the shows that started recently. A bit early to judge though, I guess. Maoyuu was kind of okay I guess, but isn't it a bit weird that the main character doesn't seem to have a name? They just call him "hero" right? wtf is that?


None of them have names. I guess its just to keep it simple. I do appreciate it somewhat. No 'Hideki Tosimono" with his best friend "Hayate Nadeshiko" and his girlfriend "Yuki Nagumara". It's just Hero, Demon King, Knight, etc. Keeps it easier to memorize
User avatar
MrBigShot
Head Coach
Posts: 6,644
And1: 1,510
Joined: Dec 18, 2010

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#990 » by MrBigShot » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:15 am

Must watch animes:

Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Code Geass

Other good ones

G Gundam
InuYasha
Bleach
Naruto
Avatar the last Airbender(not technically an anime, but it's anime inspired.)
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
Getouttahea22
Junior
Posts: 483
And1: 2
Joined: Apr 01, 2012

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#991 » by Getouttahea22 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:46 am

bertrob wrote:
Getouttahea22 wrote:
BasedJohnson wrote:Anyone watch OreShura? Pretty good imo 8-)


I think it's probably my favorite so far of the shows that started recently. A bit early to judge though, I guess. Maoyuu was kind of okay I guess, but isn't it a bit weird that the main character doesn't seem to have a name? They just call him "hero" right? wtf is that?


None of them have names. I guess its just to keep it simple. I do appreciate it somewhat. No 'Hideki Tosimono" with his best friend "Hayate Nadeshiko" and his girlfriend "Yuki Nagumara". It's just Hero, Demon King, Knight, etc. Keeps it easier to memorize


For some reason, it just doesn't seem quite as realistic that way, but to each his own I guess? I mean, can't at least the main character have a name? And if you want the characters to refer to each other by titles or something then okay, but they still should have a personal name even if they don't use it often shouldn't they? Meh, whatever.

Anyways, as far as the new shows in general are concerned, it kind of just feels like a lot of them are not intended for a more mature/male audience, so maybe that's why it feels like there just isn't much there...Is it too early to look forward to spring? :D
Getouttahea22
Junior
Posts: 483
And1: 2
Joined: Apr 01, 2012

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#992 » by Getouttahea22 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:49 am

On the other hand though, Winter had some shows I've liked that are still going (Psycho-Pass and Zetsuen no Tempest), so those plus I guess Oreshura and maybe Maoyuu hopefully will be enough until Spring comes along :)
User avatar
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 33,684
And1: 1,370
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: A Man's Gotta Have a Code.
       

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#993 » by Manhattan Project » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:40 am

Shingeki no Kyojin
Devil Survivor 2

Looks like those are the only two that will be interesting next season for me personally, sort of sucks.
Getouttahea22
Junior
Posts: 483
And1: 2
Joined: Apr 01, 2012

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#994 » by Getouttahea22 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:37 am

Manhattan Project wrote:Shingeki no Kyojin
Devil Survivor 2

Looks like those are the only two that will be interesting next season for me personally, sort of sucks.


Out of curiosity, how do you know what's going to be on next season? Is there a site?
User avatar
Bertrob
RealGM
Posts: 20,119
And1: 1,218
Joined: Sep 08, 2011
Location: Free Clinic
 

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#995 » by Bertrob » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:41 pm

Getouttahea22 wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:Shingeki no Kyojin
Devil Survivor 2

Looks like those are the only two that will be interesting next season for me personally, sort of sucks.


Out of curiosity, how do you know what's going to be on next season? Is there a site?


Here is the preliminary chart (right click + view)
Image
Falstaffxx
Banned User
Posts: 9,155
And1: 164
Joined: Sep 27, 2010

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#996 » by Falstaffxx » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:59 pm

Shingeki no Kyojin!!
Kakumeiki Valvrave!!

Those two are going to be awesome. Demo, Doko wa Prism Nana desu ka?
Getouttahea22
Junior
Posts: 483
And1: 2
Joined: Apr 01, 2012

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#997 » by Getouttahea22 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:29 am

bertrob wrote:
Getouttahea22 wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:Shingeki no Kyojin
Devil Survivor 2

Looks like those are the only two that will be interesting next season for me personally, sort of sucks.


Out of curiosity, how do you know what's going to be on next season? Is there a site?


Here is the preliminary chart (right click + view)
Image


Hmmmm there are actually quite a few there that could be interesting. Grrrrrrrr...Why does this season seem to have so few interesting shows? Or are there shows that I just haven't given a chance but should?
User avatar
Bertrob
RealGM
Posts: 20,119
And1: 1,218
Joined: Sep 08, 2011
Location: Free Clinic
 

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#998 » by Bertrob » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:37 am

Getouttahea22 wrote:
Hmmmm there are actually quite a few there that could be interesting. Grrrrrrrr...Why does this season seem to have so few interesting shows? Or are there shows that I just haven't given a chance but should?


It depends, what have you watched so far?
User avatar
Bertrob
RealGM
Posts: 20,119
And1: 1,218
Joined: Sep 08, 2011
Location: Free Clinic
 

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#999 » by Bertrob » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:42 am

So heres a preliminary plan for me next season:

Must watches:

Oreimo 2
Attack on Titan
Hyakka 2
Hentai Ouji
Railgun S
Hayate 3

Looks interesting:

Date a Live.
Valvrave
Hataraku
Ginga

Somewhat roused for:

Photo Kano
Yahari
Seuisei
Aku no Hana
User avatar
Based Schroeder
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,403
And1: 482
Joined: Jan 19, 2012
Location: San Diego
   

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#1000 » by Based Schroeder » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:57 am

Finally HnG season 3. The season they showed last year was turrible

Return to New York Knicks