ImageImageImageImageImage

OT- Anime

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

regGQ
Junior
And1: 177

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#881 » by regGQ » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:29 am

Perdido/BR wrote:Still having a hard time finding subtitles (like for High School of the Dead). I could watch in English, but would rather not.

On a site like Nyaa, how can i know if the one i'm downloading is japanese with no subs, english, or japanese with embedded subs (would be preferable). Or is it easier just to watch it on streaming?

thxs, all of you

Dude it's 2012. no reason to download anime (or TV shows) when streaming sites have them up within the hour. for anime, amimeultima.com is your best friend
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#882 » by Falstaffxx » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:05 am

bertrob wrote:ooo Fal you caused quite a ruckus :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1221507

lol, I should stick to discussing anime.
Part-time Lover
Senior
And1: 58

Post#883 » by Part-time Lover » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:41 am

Semi anime-related since it's manga but does anyone here read Bleach?

I'm still reading and the latest chapters have been pretty exciting since forever.
Bertrob
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Post#884 » by Bertrob » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:48 pm

I read Bleach, but I don't know if I share the same enthusiasm as you. Ever since Aizen got beat the series has felt like it has no direction.
At least the current arc is better than the fullbring arc :lol:
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#885 » by Bertrob » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:48 pm

regGQ wrote:
Perdido/BR wrote:Still having a hard time finding subtitles (like for High School of the Dead). I could watch in English, but would rather not.

On a site like Nyaa, how can i know if the one i'm downloading is japanese with no subs, english, or japanese with embedded subs (would be preferable). Or is it easier just to watch it on streaming?

thxs, all of you

Dude it's 2012. no reason to download anime (or TV shows) when streaming sites have them up within the hour. for anime, amimeultima.com is your best friend

Nah lovemyanime.net or animefushigi.com :wink:
Getouttahea22
Junior
And1: 2

Post#886 » by Getouttahea22 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:31 am

Uggggh bertrob I've tried to watch Guilty Crown but it seems like I've been watching it in chunks because the main character gets on my nerves. The story doesn't seem to be the greatest either, but really what I think I pay attention to most is characters. And in Guilty Crown I just don't seem to like the characters much. Inori barely seems to talk, and when she does she seems so spaced out, and so it seems difficult to see what is so attractive about her. Shu seems to have a very weak personality and he seems to lack something that would make him more likable...Maybe it's just that he seems immature or something. He's kind of like the opposite of "cool" so to speak.

I think I could deal with a poorly constructed story if there are likable characters, but Guilty Crown seems to lack those. Maybe I'm just tired of wimpy main characters...why can't he be like the guy from Psycho-Pass or Code:Breaker or something...

On a similar note, anyone have any recommendations for shows with strong male characters like those? :D
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#887 » by Bertrob » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:11 pm

Getouttahea22 wrote:Uggggh bertrob I've tried to watch Guilty Crown but it seems like I've been watching it in chunks because the main character gets on my nerves. The story doesn't seem to be the greatest either, but really what I think I pay attention to most is characters. And in Guilty Crown I just don't seem to like the characters much. Inori barely seems to talk, and when she does she seems so spaced out, and so it seems difficult to see what is so attractive about her. Shu seems to have a very weak personality and he seems to lack something that would make him more likable...Maybe it's just that he seems immature or something. He's kind of like the opposite of "cool" so to speak.

Yeah but you have to remember that most anime protagonists are like that. They represent the viewer in the way that they show their indecision and insecurity. Inori's whole appeal is "mystery" so thats why she talks so little and seems so spaced out. I agree though, I don't like Guilty Crown that much. Weak story/characters. Its beautiful to look at but it has no substance.

Getouttahea22 wrote:On a similar note, anyone have any recommendations for shows with strong male characters like those? :D

Trigun
The Legend of the Legendary heroes
Black Cat
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,403
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#888 » by E-Balla » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:25 pm

What's up with Hunter X Hunter. Are they going to release a OVA for the ants?
Getouttahea22
Junior

Post#889 » by Getouttahea22 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:22 pm

bertrob wrote:
Getouttahea22 wrote:Uggggh bertrob I've tried to watch Guilty Crown but it seems like I've been watching it in chunks because the main character gets on my nerves. The story doesn't seem to be the greatest either, but really what I think I pay attention to most is characters. And in Guilty Crown I just don't seem to like the characters much. Inori barely seems to talk, and when she does she seems so spaced out, and so it seems difficult to see what is so attractive about her. Shu seems to have a very weak personality and he seems to lack something that would make him more likable...Maybe it's just that he seems immature or something. He's kind of like the opposite of "cool" so to speak.

Yeah but you have to remember that most anime protagonists are like that. They represent the viewer in the way that they show their indecision and insecurity. Inori's whole appeal is "mystery" so thats why she talks so little and seems so spaced out. I agree though, I don't like Guilty Crown that much. Weak story/characters. Its beautiful to look at but it has no substance.

Getouttahea22 wrote:On a similar note, anyone have any recommendations for shows with strong male characters like those? :D

Trigun
The Legend of the Legendary heroes
Black Cat

Whaaaat?! Surely not every viewer is as indecisive or insecure as Shu? He seems abnormally insecure/indecisive. Some insecurity is okay, like I like the guy in Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojou even though he's a little indecisive, but at he seems at least...reasonably normal? And he's likable. Shu on the other hand...he's obsessed with a weird girl and he seems REALLY immature. And I feel like you can have a female protagonist who is mysterious without making her seem...weird. Like can't a tsundere be mysterious as well if she doesn't want to talk about herself? Inori seems weird because she just doesn't seem to interact like a human being...although I haven't finished the series yet so this would totally make sense if she's a robot. Hmmm maybe I should keep watching, cuz if she ends up being a robot her character makes SO much more sense.

Also, thanks for the recommendations. I think part of the reason I haven't looked at some of those is the names of the main characters...weird I know, but what kind of name is Train Heartnet? Sounds kinda like word salad. :o Not sure I could watch it without laughing, I mean come on...
Part-time Lover
Senior
And1: 58

Post#890 » by Part-time Lover » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:52 pm

bertrob wrote:I read Bleach, but I don't know if I share the same enthusiasm as you. Ever since Aizen got beat the series has felt like it has no direction.

Yeah FB arc sucked big time.

Final arc is way better and current chapters are like hype chapters from the SS arc. I don't know what chapter you're reading so I don't want to spoil. All I have to say is I hope Kubo brings back some REAL Vasto Lordes this time even though the idea has been beat to death.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,961

Post#891 » by Manhattan Project » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:18 pm

Savanna Game
Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman
The Unlimited
Senyuu
Cuticle Detective Inaba
Hakkenden
Mayouu Maou Yuusha

Any of these going to be worth watching?
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Getouttahea22
Junior

Post#892 » by Getouttahea22 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:39 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:Savanna Game
Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman
The Unlimited
Senyuu
Cuticle Detective Inaba
Hakkenden
Mayouu Maou Yuusha

Any of these going to be worth watching?

Savanna game sounds like a more mature Mirai Nikki so I'm interested in that one. Not sure about the others.
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#893 » by Bertrob » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:48 am

Manhattan Project wrote:Any of these going to be worth watching?

Savanna Game- Not enough info. Looks interesting though

Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman- Yea I'd recommend this one. It doesn't really have a high ceiling, if you understand me, but it seems like it won't be a bust. Good director.

The Unlimited- Did you watch Zettai Karen Children? Its a spinoff of that. I'd recommend it though, both if you haven't seen ZKC.

Senyuu- Did you watch http://myanimelist.net/anime/14765/Ixion_Saga_DT from this season? Its like that. Like
Bakumatsu, it seems like a low ceiling production too. Would watch if you have the time.

Cuticle Detective Inaba- I'm not exactly sure you'll like it cause I don't think you're a fan of "cutesy anime". I've heard mixed reviews about the manga. IMO this should be more on the bottom of your list. If its awesome though I'll tell you :wink:

Hakkenden- It has boys love tones and its kinda written for girls. Not that a boy wouldn't enjoy it but I would think this wouldn't be very high on your list

Mayouu Maou Yuusha- Yes. No questions. :D

So based on my recommendations:

Watch Mayouu. I like the premise and I think it'll be interesting.
The Unlimited is also a good choice.

Senyuu
Bakumatsu

Wild Cards:
Hakkenden
Cuticle Detective
Savanna Game
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#894 » by Dupp » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:52 am

Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#895 » by Falstaffxx » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:57 pm

I'm going to watch the continuing Bakuman 3 and Little Busters, plus AKB0048 Next Stage ( :D ), and I'll probably try the following and end up with a couple of them:

Sasami-San
Senran Kagura
Maoyuu
Tamako Market
Savanna Game

I have a feeling Savanna Game is going to be generic, but we'll see.
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#896 » by Bertrob » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:46 pm

Part-time Lover wrote:
bertrob wrote:I read Bleach, but I don't know if I share the same enthusiasm as you. Ever since Aizen got beat the series has felt like it has no direction.

Yeah FB arc sucked big time.

Final arc is way better and current chapters are like hype chapters from the SS arc. I don't know what chapter you're reading so I don't want to spoil. All I have to say is I hope Kubo brings back some REAL Vasto Lordes this time even though the idea has been beat to death.

Yeah I'm up to date. Its interesting though, the idea of a Vasto Lorde. Don't think it'll ever happen though. Who knows what Kubo thinks hes gonna do though
Getouttahea22
Junior

Post#897 » by Getouttahea22 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:49 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:I'm going to watch the continuing Bakuman 3 and Little Busters, plus AKB0048 Next Stage ( :D ), and I'll probably try the following and end up with a couple of them:

Sasami-San
Senran Kagura
Maoyuu
Tamako Market
Savanna Game

I have a feeling Savanna Game is going to be generic, but we'll see.

I think one reason I'm interested in Savanna Game is that I think I read somewhere the main character isn't the "average high school student" or whatever that you seem to see in SOOO MANY SHOWS GAAAH.
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#898 » by Bertrob » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:11 am

Has anyone here watched Hyakka Ryōran Samurai Girls
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,485

Post#899 » by Bankai » Wed Jan 2, 2013 4:39 am

bertrob wrote:Has anyone here watched Hyakka Ryōran Samurai Girls

I have, looking forward to Season 2 with the loli queen, Kugimiya Rie.

BTW, nice Avatar, Nyan Koi was a classic.
Ice Trae
RealGM
And1: 10,920

Post#900 » by Ice Trae » Wed Jan 2, 2013 10:26 am

bertrob wrote:Has anyone here watched Hyakka Ryōran Samurai Girls

yeah it was alright. i'll still watch season 2 when it comes out though

Return to New York Knicks