ImageImageImageImageImage

OT- Anime

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

dunku
Junior
And1: 2

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#861 » by dunku » Sun Dec 9, 2012 7:37 am

Falstaffxx wrote:I'd really like to get the full version of this song lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYzHMt1vTw4[/youtube]

o.o lolis

now i need to stop playing leauge of legends and start watching anime again.
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#862 » by Falstaffxx » Sun Dec 9, 2012 3:10 pm

bertrob wrote:Whats is everyones most anticipated for next season?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... 2013-anime

Vividred is on the top of my list too, along with Tamako Market and Senran Kagura.

and anyone here watch Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... o-streamed

Only 4 episodes though. I don't really care for Hanekawa so I'm not too excited

At first glance, the winter season isn't looking quite as interesting as the fall one. I'm looking forward to AKB0048 Next Stage and I'll give Tamako Market a try because it's KyoAni. And I'll probably pick up a couple more once I get a sense of what's good. Sasami-san (Shaft) sounds as if it could be interesting. Senran Kagura could fill the girls-running-around-with-swords quota for the season.

I watched Bakemonogatari, but I wasn't too into it so I'll probably skip Nekomonogatari.

Looks as if I'll have time to watch some old stuff that I've been wanting to watch.
Perdido/BR
Sixth Man
And1: 36

Post#863 » by Perdido/BR » Sun Dec 9, 2012 4:50 pm

where do you guys get decent subtitles? Found a few sites, but nothing too reliable.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#864 » by Falstaffxx » Sun Dec 9, 2012 5:02 pm

Perdido/BR wrote:where do you guys get decent subtitles? Found a few sites, but nothing too reliable.

If there are particular fansub groups you like, you can go directly to their sites (you can usually find them by googling the name of the group), but for all-purpose sites, the ones I use are nyaa.eu (torrents), tokyotosho.info (torrents) and animetake.com (direct download). There's a torrent site I've heard is good called BakaBT, but I haven't tried it.
Perdido/BR
Sixth Man

Post#865 » by Perdido/BR » Sun Dec 9, 2012 5:04 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
Perdido/BR wrote:where do you guys get decent subtitles? Found a few sites, but nothing too reliable.

Thanks for the info. I will look them up. I'm not sure we can post torrent links here, per the TOS. If you want to edit your message.... :wink:
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,965

Post#866 » by Manhattan Project » Sun Dec 9, 2012 5:22 pm

Any new shows for me? They really don't have any plot summaries up there.
Zeroanime has everything I need, Perdido.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,399

Post#867 » by Guano » Sun Dec 9, 2012 5:33 pm

Where is High School of the Dead season 2?
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#868 » by LLJ » Sun Dec 9, 2012 11:37 pm

Guano wrote:Where is High School of the Dead season 2?

Waiting for the manga to pump out more material to fill another season.
Bertrob
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Post#869 » by Bertrob » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:29 am

Manhattan Project wrote:Any new shows for me? They really don't have any plot summaries up there.
Zeroanime has everything I need, Perdido.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... 2013Anime- some summaries
http://www.animeph.com/winter-2013-new- ... -list-some previews
Perdido/BR
Sixth Man

Post#870 » by Perdido/BR » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:21 am

Still having a hard time finding subtitles (like for High School of the Dead). I could watch in English, but would rather not.

On a site like Nyaa, how can i know if the one i'm downloading is japanese with no subs, english, or japanese with embedded subs (would be preferable). Or is it easier just to watch it on streaming?

thxs, all of you
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,965

Post#871 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:56 am

Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#872 » by ATTL » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:38 am

I wish there were more than just the 12 episodes. No real ending for the series doesn't sit well with me.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#873 » by Falstaffxx » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:34 am

Perdido/BR wrote:Still having a hard time finding subtitles (like for High School of the Dead). I could watch in English, but would rather not.

On a site like Nyaa, how can i know if the one i'm downloading is japanese with no subs, english, or japanese with embedded subs (would be preferable). Or is it easier just to watch it on streaming?

thxs, all of you

You can filter at the top before you search. There's a dropdown that says "category" and you select "Anime - English Translated Anime." These are the HSOTD ones that have English subs: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=search&cats=1_37&filter=0&term=high+school+of+the+dead. Only ones that have a number other than zero in the green SE column are being seeded (but it looks as if there are plenty that are being seeded). What's mostly available now are batches of all the episodes in the series, as opposed to separate downloads for individual episodes. The words in brackets before the name of the show are the name of the group that did the translation.
Perdido/BR
Sixth Man

Post#874 » by Perdido/BR » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:38 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
Perdido/BR wrote:Still having a hard time finding subtitles (like for High School of the Dead). I could watch in English, but would rather not.

thxs, all of you

You can filter at the top before you search. There's a dropdown that says "category" and you select "Anime - English Translated Anime." These are the HSOTD ones that have English subs: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=search&cats=1_37&filter=0&term=high+school+of+the+dead. Only ones that have a number other than zero in the green SE column are being seeded (but it looks as if there are plenty that are being seeded). What's mostly available now are batches of all the episodes in the series, as opposed to separate downloads for individual episodes. The words in brackets before the name of the show are the name of the group that did the translation.

thanks, will check it out when i get home. I am just about done with Beelzebub (it´s fun and all, but the fights are a little disappointing). Tried Shigurui, didn´t like it too much. Started Law of Ueki (if i though beelzebub was silly.. hehhe). I also remembered I haven´t finished Cowboy Bebop, might as well rewatch the whole thing. I remember really liking something called Vandread, will have to look this up too.

Downloaded Magi, but there´s only a few episodes, will probably wait until there´s like a whole season.

Keep the good recommendations coming.
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#875 » by Bertrob » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:29 pm

Perdido/BR wrote:. I remember really liking something called Vandread, will have to look this up too.

Vandread isn't bad. 1st season is much better than the 2nd though.
Getouttahea22
Junior
And1: 2

Post#876 » by Getouttahea22 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:35 am

bertrob wrote:
Perdido/BR wrote:. I remember really liking something called Vandread, will have to look this up too.

Vandread isn't bad. 1st season is much better than the 2nd though.

I only watched some of it but I thought the main character was annoying. Too each his own though I guess. Why can't they make more main characters like the dude from Psycho-Pass?
ZeroStatic2
Senior
And1: 213

Post#877 » by ZeroStatic2 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:28 am

Check out "Toriko" which has 85 episodes and is still going on. This anime is from the same creator who made "One Piece".
ImageImageImage
spaceballer
Head Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#878 » by spaceballer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:36 am

ATTL wrote:I wish there were more than just the 12 episodes. No real ending for the series doesn't sit well with me.

There are some that go over 12 episodes and still have no real ending.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#879 » by LLJ » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:59 am

ZeroStatic2 wrote:Check out "Toriko" which has 85 episodes and is still going on. This anime is from the same creator who made "One Piece".

Um, what? It's animated by the same studio Toei, but they're by totally different creators. Hell, Sailor Moon was animated by Toei and I can assure you Sailor Moon was not created by Eiichiro Oda, the creator of One Piece.

spaceballer wrote:
ATTL wrote:I wish there were more than just the 12 episodes. No real ending for the series doesn't sit well with me.

There are some that go over 12 episodes and still have no real ending.

It's usually contingent on the manga they are based on. The problem with a lot of modern anime is they slavishly follow the manga series their shows are based on, even if it hasn't ended yet.

Shows based on visual novels tend to be complete. As well as original stories specifically scripted for a show, of course.
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#880 » by Bertrob » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:03 am

ooo Fal you caused quite a ruckus :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1221507

Return to New York Knicks