ImageImageImageImageImage

OT- Anime

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Bertrob
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#1041 » by Bertrob » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:36 am

Gundam AGE isn't the best show but it has a very good soundtrack
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,966

Post#1042 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:05 am

Finished watching Muv-Luv, thought it was solid but I really don't see where the love affair is coming from. To be quite honest, really didn't find Bridges all that interesting.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#1043 » by LLJ » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:21 pm

nashtymvp wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:
nashtymvp wrote:btw has there been an anime that has a worse ending than Gurren Lagann?

It was a fantasy show till the last 5minutes of the last episode. i mean serously, pisses me off to no end.

What happens at the end again? I love Gurren Lagann, and I don't remember disliking the ending, though I can't remember the details. I loved the whole part about EDIT: sorry, forgot people might not want spoilers.

Maybe you shouldn't answer my question.

LOL , i dont wanna go into details, the ending was basically taking a huge dump all over every main character.

I'm not sure I read it the same way. The show was all about BEING A MANLY MAN and I don't see how the ending goes away from that attitude either. Wanna be a real man? You gotta carry that weight like a man.

Anyway, I've mostly been watching retro anime lately. 80s stuff. Fight Iczer One was probably the last one I watched.
Getouttahea22
Junior
And1: 2

Post#1044 » by Getouttahea22 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:
Getouttahea22 wrote:Yay! It's good to see another Psycho-Pass fan lol. Kougami is just such an awesome character. He's cool without being a total douche. Also, the whole Sybil system based society thing is kind of interesting and perhaps thought-provoking when you consider the implications of such a society. Fortunately Psycho-Pass should at least last until the spring season starts right? I have high hopes for that season.

Edit: One thing though, I'm not a fan of his smoking habit, but in his case I suppose it can be overlooked lol.

Good characters all around really, could've developed them even more. Reminds me a lot of Ghost in the Shell with the Laughing Man in some ways. Anything involving the futuristic societies usually intrigues me, this being no exception. I believe this show has another six episodes, as far as any future seasons who knows really. Makishima really makes the show easily for me.

BTW have you watched Zetsuen no Tempest? I like it a lot too, but I haven't watched all of the episodes that are out (it's airing now I think). Instead of the sci-fi futuristic feel of psycho-pass it has more of a magical feel to it. Despite their differences in setting there's something of a similar feel to them, perhaps because they both involved some kind of behavior regulating entity (Sibyl System and Tree of Genesis).

Like Psycho-pass, it has quite a few serious and dramatic parts, though some of it is a bit lighter. I think I also like it because it's kind of thought-provoking, like Psycho-Pass. Also, you might like two of the main characters as well, they seem very clever and one of them seems to give off a bit of that Makishima vibe (a dangerous combination of cleverness and an IDGAF what happens to the world, I'm gonna get what I want attitude).
Getouttahea22
Junior

Post#1045 » by Getouttahea22 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:00 am

Okay this might seem like an odd reason to post, but AAAARRRGHHH! I just watched the end of Kokoro Connect and enjoyed the series quite a bit, but then found out there was a scandal associated with it?! WTF?! Bertrob/Tabitha have you heard about this? WHY WHY WHY?! Why would anyone want to do something like that? Sigh...I liked the story too...
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#1046 » by Bertrob » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:34 pm

Getouttahea22 wrote:Okay this might seem like an odd reason to post, but AAAARRRGHHH! I just watched the end of Kokoro Connect and enjoyed the series quite a bit, but then found out there was a scandal associated with it?! WTF?! Bertrob/Tabitha have you heard about this? WHY WHY WHY?! Why would anyone want to do something like that? Sigh...I liked the story too...

Basically what happened was employees of Silver Link (the studio that does Kokoro Connect) and some cast members have been linked to a prank where they created a fake audition for a small supporting role on Kokoro Connect. What happened is they gave the role to newbie VA, who was then told that the whole thing was a fake and was given a job as a PR person as compensation.

Basically it was a joke that got blown up once the public heard about it. Public humiliation is extremely serious in Japan and people started to boycott the show. 2ch boycotted products relating to it and the preorders plummeted
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1047 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:07 am

Getouttahea22 wrote:
BTW have you watched Zetsuen no Tempest? I like it a lot too, but I haven't watched all of the episodes that are out (it's airing now I think). Instead of the sci-fi futuristic feel of psycho-pass it has more of a magical feel to it. Despite their differences in setting there's something of a similar feel to them, perhaps because they both involved some kind of behavior regulating entity (Sibyl System and Tree of Genesis).

Yeah it's been solid, PP is way better though. Tempest could've delved more into the thoughts of the remaining people like their doing now as to the origins of the tree/theories about it.

Magi and Zettai Karen Children are the two other shows that I'm watching right now.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Getouttahea22
Junior

Post#1048 » by Getouttahea22 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:49 am

Tabitha wrote:
Getouttahea22 wrote:Okay this might seem like an odd reason to post, but AAAARRRGHHH! I just watched the end of Kokoro Connect and enjoyed the series quite a bit, but then found out there was a scandal associated with it?! WTF?! Bertrob/Tabitha have you heard about this? WHY WHY WHY?! Why would anyone want to do something like that? Sigh...I liked the story too...

Basically what happened was employees of Silver Link (the studio that does Kokoro Connect) and some cast members have been linked to a prank where they created a fake audition for a small supporting role on Kokoro Connect. What happened is they gave the role to newbie VA, who was then told that the whole thing was a fake and was given a job as a PR person as compensation.

Basically it was a joke that got blown up once the public heard about it. Public humiliation is extremely serious in Japan and people started to boycott the show. 2ch boycotted products relating to it and the preorders plummeted

What sucks is I really enjoyed the story, and the writer had nothing to do with it right? I hope the writer isn't unfairly impacted by the boycott and is able to keep writing. Is it even possible to punish the people involved without punishing the writer? Sigh. Anyways. I thought the story was well done. The premise (body switching or whatever you want to call it) was one of those things that might make you want to roll your eyes, but the way it was written was quite enjoyable in my opinion.

EDIT: And I looked up the original creator, who seems to be very young (not much older than I am). I hope people recognize the quality of the writing and the creator is able to undertake new projects...
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#1049 » by Bertrob » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:01 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
Magi and Zettai Karen Children are the two other shows that I'm watching right now.

Magi is good right? It has potential to be really high in my all-time rankings
Getouttahea22
Junior

Post#1050 » by Getouttahea22 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:03 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
Getouttahea22 wrote:

Yeah it's been solid, PP is way better though. Tempest could've delved more into the thoughts of the remaining people like their doing now as to the origins of the tree/theories about it.

Yeah it's pretty good. I like them both, but your tastes might be a little different than mine (which is no big deal, I mean if everyone liked the exact same things wouldn't the world be boring? lol). Part of it could be I like the voice actress who does the princess in ZnT. In Psycho-Pass she does the research lady, which isn't as major a part :( Also the quotations in ZnT from shakespeare might seem like a bit much too some people, but then again doesn't PP quote famous work as well?

Anyways, yeah those two might be two of the more interesting anime that are airing right now, and they're probably my favorites of the currently airing shows. Fortunately it looks like they'll last until the spring shows start. I kinda like Sakurasou too but kind of in more of an "Oh this is kind of fun to watch" way.
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#1051 » by Bertrob » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:06 am

Getouttahea22 wrote:
What sucks is I really enjoyed the story, and the writer had nothing to do with it right? I hope the writer isn't unfairly impacted by the boycott and is able to keep writing. Is it even possible to punish the people involved without punishing the writer? Sigh. Anyways. I thought the story was well done. The premise (body switching or whatever you want to call it) was one of those things that might make you want to roll your eyes, but the way it was written was quite enjoyable in my opinion.

EDIT: And I looked up the original creator, who seems to be very young (not much older than I am). I hope people recognize the quality of the writing and the creator is able to undertake new projects...

Well I'm not sure what the situation is right now. All of the information I'm getting is second-hand. But I do think it is not a death sentence. Remember I think the public (or maybe the internet community) took it a lot harder than the industry executives actually did. But I could just be speculating.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1052 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:44 am

Tabitha wrote:Magi is good right? It has potential to be really high in my all-time rankings

It has the potential, though I have no idea if they intend to make it last a while. Obviously you would want to see the development of the trio, who knows if that will happen. It has interesting characters, just not sure how much they will try and develop everyone.

Getouttahea22 wrote:
Yeah it's pretty good. I like them both, but your tastes might be a little different than mine (which is no big deal, I mean if everyone liked the exact same things wouldn't the world be boring? lol). Part of it could be I like the voice actress who does the princess in ZnT. In Psycho-Pass she does the research lady, which isn't as major a part :( Also the quotations in ZnT from shakespeare might seem like a bit much too some people, but then again doesn't PP quote famous work as well?

Anyways, yeah those two might be two of the more interesting anime that are airing right now, and they're probably my favorites of the currently airing shows. Fortunately it looks like they'll last until the spring shows start. I kinda like Sakurasou too but kind of in more of an "Oh this is kind of fun to watch" way.

I personally never cared about who voices what characters, for some that's a make or break but for me it's an afterthought. The quotes don't bother me at all, a lot of shows have ties into real works of fiction. I just think the show fell off a little once she came back.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#1053 » by Bertrob » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:21 am

anyone read this fairly new manga that is getting popular called "Hungry Joker"? Looks interesting
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#1054 » by Falstaffxx » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:59 am

When is the new Sailor Moon coming out?
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#1055 » by Bertrob » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:49 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsBCGv-UPZ4&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Promo for 2nd season of Nyaruko, coming out in April

New character
Getouttahea22
Junior

Post#1056 » by Getouttahea22 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:21 am

Tabitha wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsBCGv-UPZ4&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

New character

Is that show good? Is it still good if you're not really familiar with the background myth stuff or whatever?
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#1057 » by Falstaffxx » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:24 am

Prism Nana PV 5 (this better be a real anime):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PY63rqAvEQ[/youtube]
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#1058 » by Bertrob » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:24 pm

Getouttahea22 wrote:
Is that show good? Is it still good if you're not really familiar with the background myth stuff or whatever?

lol trust me the background myths play nothing into the story. It's just the setup.
And yea I do like it. Its pretty funny, and although it is basically a generic harem, it doesn't feel too recycled. It's character-driven and doesn't really have a plot, but its entertaining.

Also it has a ridiculous cast of seiyuu. That was probably the 2nd biggest reason why I watched it
Ice Trae
RealGM
And1: 10,932

Post#1059 » by Ice Trae » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:32 pm

Tabitha wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsBCGv-UPZ4&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

New character

I enjoyed the 1st season but I couldn't stand the MC. What a douche
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#1060 » by Bertrob » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:13 am

Who read the newest One Piece?!?!?
LOL at the new 7 Warlords

Return to New York Knicks