ImageImageImageImageImage

OT- Anime

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

can o peas
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#41 » by can o peas » Sun Apr 3, 2011 11:15 pm

NyKnicks1714 wrote:Pokemon

While some may debate the various merits of the Pokemons, I have always felt Digimon was always severely underrated.
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#42 » by DocZaius » Sun Apr 3, 2011 11:23 pm

good suggestions in this thread

whos going to Otakon this year?
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,940

Post#43 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Apr 3, 2011 11:27 pm

Black Cat
Psyren

Both series that I enjoyed, and are also finished. I especially liked Psyren, but you can check them out on your own time. We have similar tastes, so you probably will like these. Also, One Piece really is worth it...even if it's that long.
BowlingChick
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#44 » by BowlingChick » Sun Apr 3, 2011 11:28 pm

can of peas wrote:

While some may debate the various merits of the Pokemons, I have always felt Digimon was always severely underrated.

The first three seasons were great, after that... kinda meh. But that's just me. Definitely better than Pokemon though.
knicks742 wrote:My vocal chords are still recovering after screaming for the cock.
can o peas
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#45 » by can o peas » Sun Apr 3, 2011 11:50 pm

BowlingChick wrote:
can of peas wrote:

The first three seasons were great, after that... kinda meh. But that's just me. Definitely better than Pokemon though.

ha I was actually joking :oops: I didn't really watch either one but I remembered them being on around the same time.

digimon had a really catchy theme song though. or at least one that got stuck in your head.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,478

Post#46 » by j4remi » Mon Apr 4, 2011 12:36 am

Manhattan Project wrote:Yu Yu Hakusho doesn't look interesting from it's plot but might give it a shot since people like it.
Baccano! looks interesting, probably get to that.

It starts a bit slow but is one of the better animes imo. The main characters are all really great with plenty of depth.

Hajime no Ippo is a boxing fans dream anime...it's phenomenal!

Hunter X Hunter is really good as well though the manga fell apart in it's last arc.

One Piece to me, is the best...point blank period. Though Bleach was really great for the first half and Naruto has some epic arcs.

If you want something really different, Bakuman has an anime now. It's about two kids trying to break into the world of Manga, it sounded boring as hell to me but I'm hooked on the Manga. Toriko is getting an anime too, and that series is great after the initial arc.

Try Claymore too. The anime ended at the perfect point (the manga got ridiculous and convoluted).

Mangas that I love which may or may not have anime:
Worst
Beelzebub
Vagabond
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
dunku
Junior
And1: 2

Post#47 » by dunku » Mon Apr 4, 2011 3:02 am

YuYu Hakusho is a classic. definitely a must see.

oh & if any of you guys need a good mature forum to talk about Anime ask me.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,934

Post#48 » by Fury » Mon Apr 4, 2011 3:05 am

I actually liked Yu Yu Hakusho's storyline from the beginning. I like that each season brings something different.
haterade
Sixth Man
And1: 90

Post#49 » by haterade » Mon Apr 4, 2011 4:48 am

try kumby.com for your anime needs.

Here's what I like.

Naruto
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Beebop
and I can't believe no one has suggested Bleach, I'm at episode 131 right now and I think its a great anime. Not too serious and has some funny parts in it.
Sky_Knicks
Banned User
And1: 419

Post#50 » by Sky_Knicks » Mon Apr 4, 2011 5:55 am

Manhattan Project wrote:Yu Yu Hakusho doesn't look interesting from it's plot but might give it a shot since people like it.
Baccano! looks interesting, probably get to that.

I'm telling you, you won't be disappointed. You'll come to love the plot and characters. And the fight scenes are niceeee!!
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,478

Post#51 » by j4remi » Mon Apr 4, 2011 12:16 pm

haterade wrote:try kumby.com for your anime needs.

Here's what I like.

Naruto
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Beebop
and I can't believe no one has suggested Bleach, I'm at episode 131 right now and I think its a great anime. Not too serious and has some funny parts in it.

I can't believe I forgot Cowboy Bebop, hands down my favorite anime of all time.

I did throw Bleach out there but it gets disappointing quickly during the final battles (which aren't the final battles actually because they just up and started a whole new arc that makes fairly little sense to me).

Champloo had some of the best fighting scenes period, Mugen is a cool character design. Spike is still the GOAT though.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Shooters
Junior
And1: 68

Post#52 » by Shooters » Mon Apr 4, 2011 12:38 pm

Phantom : Requiem for the Phantom, check that one out. It's fairly new and is recently available in English, I watched it a year or so ago when it was only Subbed.

From Wikipedia:

The series is about a Japanese national who gets kidnapped by an assassin syndicate called Inferno after he had personally witnessed an assassination while visiting the United States. Inferno is a criminal organization attempting to unite all known underworld mob gangs into one conglomerate. In order to achieve their goal, Inferno deploys its assassin operatives codenamed Phantom. Among them is an amnesiac girl named Ein and the Japanese national, who was given the name Zwei as his codename after being brainwashed of his previous memory.

I saw Black Lagoon mentioned, if you haven't watched the newer ones yet, check them out. Robertas Blood Trail, episodes focused on that crazy maid, only subbed at the moment, but if you're an anime fan, and love a series, you deal with subs.

I saw someone mention Speed Grapher, I enjoyed that as well. Gantz is a good as well, bloody and fast paced. Death Note and Code Geass are givens.

Also check out Ergo Proxy, that was a fun Sci-FI themed story.

Again from Wikipedia on Ergo Proxy (Sheer laziness on my part, just woke up on my first cup of coffee, brain can't compute a custom review just yet)

The story begins in a futuristic domed city called Romdeau, built to protect its citizens after a global ecological disaster. In this utopia, humans and AutoReivs (androids) coexist peacefully under a total management system. A series of murders committed by robots and AutoReivs infected with the Cogito virus (which causes them to become self-aware) begins to threaten the delicate balance of Romdeau's social order. Behind the scenes, the government has been conducting secret experiments on a mysterious humanoid life form called a "Proxy". The Proxy beings (described as God-like and Immortal) are believed to hold the key to the survival of mankind.

I'm most definitely missing a ton more, me and my girlfriend love Anime, and she has thousands of dollars worth of Manga and Anime DVD's sitting on my bookshelf beside me, I'll think of more.

Hope this helped.

Hell, we named our dog Akira, lol.
ManiaX
Starter
And1: 0

Post#53 » by ManiaX » Mon Apr 4, 2011 12:52 pm

I think I only saw one other person mention it, but Gurren Lagann is very good. Once you get past the first couple of episodes it gets very addictive and it has a great story behind it. It is already on Netflix instant stream and is only about 27 episodes.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cud2d1sLjeY&feature=related[/youtube]
DrSithMirth
Head Coach
And1: 11
Location: The Black Lodge. Raise up off me, lest you find yourself with us. Under the sycamore trees..

Post#54 » by DrSithMirth » Mon Apr 4, 2011 1:24 pm

Did anyone mention Gurren Lagann?

Loved it.
Cheers, Dr. SithMirth
dunku
Junior
And1: 2

Post#55 » by dunku » Mon Apr 4, 2011 7:07 pm

I love TTGL's opening. Am I the only one who like anime opening & ending themes here? Well the good ones of course.

YuYu Hakusho & DBZ's were awesome too
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,709

Post#56 » by cgf » Mon Apr 4, 2011 9:13 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:Don't care for sports at all, it actually annoys me. More into the fighting/action/adventure/horror etc.

Some that I actually like a lot.

Death Note
Code Geass
Fullmetal Alchemist
Soul Eater
Berserk
High School of the Dead
D-Gray Man
Bleach [Well the episodes that aren't filler]
Naruto
Darker Than Black
Black Lagoon
X
Gantz
Etc Etc

Overrated to me:
Monster
Wolf's Rain
Elfen Lied
Cowboy Bebop to a degree

Haven't Watched:
One Piece because I'm not ready for that adventure.
Claymore, same boat but about to cave in.

On Deck:
Fate/Stay Night

No love for Elfen Lied?

Well here are my favs:
Legends of the Galactic Heroes
Neon Genesis Evangelion (the original series, still haven't watched any of the new movies)
Black Lagoon
Code Geass
Elfen Lied
Tengen Toppo Gurren Lagann
FLCL
Baccanno!
Trigun
Outlaw Star
Death Note (although the second season is a huge disappointing, the final episode...terrible)
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,709

Post#57 » by cgf » Mon Apr 4, 2011 9:14 pm

DrSithMirth wrote:Did anyone mention Gurren Lagann?

Loved it.

I love that show, for years I've been explaining to my friends how the key to racing video games is just pushing the button harder and that's show is basically just about pushing the button harder.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Subway Token
RealGM
And1: 157

Post#58 » by Subway Token » Mon Apr 4, 2011 9:28 pm

Episode 10 of Hunter X Hunter isn't working on ZOMGanime... I need another place to watch it or I'll die.
BAT 14.0 Judge. PM for paypal info.
Mr. Natural
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

Post#59 » by Mr. Natural » Mon Apr 4, 2011 9:48 pm

Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#60 » by Manhattan Project » Mon Apr 4, 2011 11:32 pm

Good suggestions, never even knew we had that anime heads on the board. I'll get to most of these eventually, key word being on eventually.

CGF to me Elfen Lied had a great premise, story but the execution was just lacking to me. Left me wanting more, a lot to be desired.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones

Return to New York Knicks