ImageImageImageImageImage

OT- Anime

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Bertrob
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#1001 » by Bertrob » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:17 pm

BasedJohnson wrote:Finally HnG season 3. The season they showed last year was turrible

Sorry its a continuation :D (I hate Season 3 too)
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Post#1002 » by Bankai » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:00 am

From that chart, I am currently looking forward to and know.. Oreimo 2, Hyakka 2, Higurashi. Date A Live sounds really interesting though. Lots of Romance Shows next season.
Getouttahea22
Junior
And1: 2

Post#1003 » by Getouttahea22 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:52 am

So...I know Winter season didn't start that long ago, but uh...when does Spring season start? hehe :D
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#1004 » by Bertrob » Fri Feb 1, 2013 12:12 am

Getouttahea22 wrote:So...I know Winter season didn't start that long ago, but uh...when does Spring season start? hehe :D

Starts around the beginning of march
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#1005 » by Falstaffxx » Fri Feb 1, 2013 12:17 pm

I'm really excited about Attack on Titan and Valvrave. A few other ones seem interesting too.
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#1006 » by Bertrob » Sat Feb 2, 2013 3:10 am

Getouttahea22
Junior

Post#1007 » by Getouttahea22 » Sat Feb 2, 2013 3:50 am

bertrob wrote:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-02-01/biglobe-poll/most-popular-fall-2012-anime

Interesting. Glad to see LB 2nd

Not sure if it's that revealing of a poll, but the top 5, even top 10 vote totals aren't separated by all that much. Also, I thought I read somewhere that Muv luv alternative was actually quite popular, and could get a second season. Was that incorrect? Also, I guess I woulda thought Psycho-Pass would be higher, am I one of only a few people who like that show?
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#1008 » by Bertrob » Sat Feb 2, 2013 4:56 am

Getouttahea22 wrote: Also, I thought I read somewhere that Muv luv alternative was actually quite popular, and could get a second season. Was that incorrect?

The show was decently popular. But if it got a second season it'd be because of how popular the VN is. I think the main thing people liked about Muv Luv was Bridges (for some reason he's really popular)

But this poll should be taken with a grain of salt. Look at how low darkness is, and we all know how popular that actually is
Getouttahea22
Junior

Post#1009 » by Getouttahea22 » Sun Feb 3, 2013 4:35 am

bertrob wrote:
Getouttahea22 wrote: Also, I thought I read somewhere that Muv luv alternative was actually quite popular, and could get a second season. Was that incorrect?

The show was decently popular. But if it got a second season it'd be because of how popular the VN is. I think the main thing people liked about Muv Luv was Bridges (for some reason he's really popular)

But this poll should be taken with a grain of salt. Look at how low darkness is, and we all know how popular that actually is

I can see why people would like Bridges. He's a strong male lead and not a total weakling, but he can be overconfident (particularly in the beginning). I like the way his character developed (although I haven't finished it yet, a few more episodes). He seemed a bit rash and even mean in the beginning, but he seemed to become more likable as the series progressed.

Anyways, what about Psycho-Pass? Is it really that unpopular?

Maybe my tastes don't match up with the average viewer, because I like shows like Psycho-Pass, Muv Luv, Zetsuen no Tempest, Code:Breaker, etc.
Getouttahea22
Junior

Post#1010 » by Getouttahea22 » Fri Feb 8, 2013 5:18 am

Anybody watched Tokyo Majin? I kind of like a lot of what I've seen so far. It's sort of an action/fantasy genre. Also, what I've seen of Argento Soma isn't too bad either.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#1011 » by Falstaffxx » Sat Feb 9, 2013 3:03 pm

Sasami-san is really good. Best show of the season IMO.
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#1012 » by Bertrob » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:52 am

Falstaffxx wrote:Sasami-san is really good. Best show of the season IMO.

its number 1 for me too right now, but just slightly ahead of Vividred.

Also this season doesn't seem to have anything great, but a bunch of solid shows.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,965

Post#1013 » by Manhattan Project » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:56 am

Psycho-Pass is easily the best show to me, probably once it's all concluded go down as one of my favorite shows.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#1014 » by Bertrob » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:09 am

what about your favorite this season? if you have one, I remember you saying you weren't a big fan of much this season
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1015 » by Manhattan Project » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:31 am

The Unlimited - Hyōbu Kyōsuke for me, everything else is just sort of OK.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Getouttahea22
Junior

Post#1016 » by Getouttahea22 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:38 am

Manhattan Project wrote:Psycho-Pass is easily the best show to me, probably once it's all concluded go down as one of my favorite shows.

Yay! It's good to see another Psycho-Pass fan lol. Kougami is just such an awesome character. He's cool without being a total douche. Also, the whole Sybil system based society thing is kind of interesting and perhaps thought-provoking when you consider the implications of such a society. Fortunately Psycho-Pass should at least last until the spring season starts right? I have high hopes for that season.

Edit: One thing though, I'm not a fan of his smoking habit, but in his case I suppose it can be overlooked lol.
Getouttahea22
Junior

Post#1017 » by Getouttahea22 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:59 am

Tabitha wrote:

Also this season doesn't seem to have anything great, but a bunch of solid shows.

Ugghh tell me about it. Fortunately there are shows like Psycho-Pass and Zetsuen from winter that are longer series and should last until spring starts right? I haven't really been keeping up with a lot of shows this season, but, believe it or not, my favorite might actually be Oreshura.

Btw am I the only person who feels like Maoyuu (from the episodes I've seen) is either mechanical, formulaic, predictable, or forced? It seems pretty boring at times, but maybe I haven't watched enough episodes or maybe I'm the only one who feels that way...the rating on MAL seems pretty high (7.71), higher than Oreshura and Sasami (which I haven't watched), so I guess some people like it?
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1018 » by Manhattan Project » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:45 am

Getouttahea22 wrote:Yay! It's good to see another Psycho-Pass fan lol. Kougami is just such an awesome character. He's cool without being a total douche. Also, the whole Sybil system based society thing is kind of interesting and perhaps thought-provoking when you consider the implications of such a society. Fortunately Psycho-Pass should at least last until the spring season starts right? I have high hopes for that season.

Edit: One thing though, I'm not a fan of his smoking habit, but in his case I suppose it can be overlooked lol.

Good characters all around really, could've developed them even more. Reminds me a lot of Ghost in the Shell with the Laughing Man in some ways. Anything involving the futuristic societies usually intrigues me, this being no exception. I believe this show has another six episodes, as far as any future seasons who knows really. Makishima really makes the show easily for me.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Getouttahea22
Junior

Post#1019 » by Getouttahea22 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:15 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
Getouttahea22 wrote:Yay! It's good to see another Psycho-Pass fan lol. Kougami is just such an awesome character. He's cool without being a total douche. Also, the whole Sybil system based society thing is kind of interesting and perhaps thought-provoking when you consider the implications of such a society. Fortunately Psycho-Pass should at least last until the spring season starts right? I have high hopes for that season.

Good characters all around really, could've developed them even more. Reminds me a lot of Ghost in the Shell with the Laughing Man in some ways. Anything involving the futuristic societies usually intrigues me, this being no exception. I believe this show has another six episodes, as far as any future seasons who knows really. Makishima really makes the show easily for me.

Nice animation and pretty good music too imo. Future seasons? I guess I hadn't really thought much about that possibility. It's not based off of a manga right? So I suppose they can do what they want? I guess we should wait to see how the first season ends first though.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#1020 » by Falstaffxx » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:20 pm

Getouttahea22 wrote:
Tabitha wrote:

Ugghh tell me about it. Fortunately there are shows like Psycho-Pass and Zetsuen from winter that are longer series and should last until spring starts right? I haven't really been keeping up with a lot of shows this season, but, believe it or not, my favorite might actually be Oreshura.

Btw am I the only person who feels like Maoyuu (from the episodes I've seen) is either mechanical, formulaic, predictable, or forced? It seems pretty boring at times, but maybe I haven't watched enough episodes or maybe I'm the only one who feels that way...the rating on MAL seems pretty high (7.71), higher than Oreshura and Sasami (which I haven't watched), so I guess some people like it?

I decided I found Maoyuu boring after 2 episodes and dropped it. Sasami-san I wasn't sure whether it was going to work out or not, but I've been loving it. It was a good move to have stuff actually happen in it, and have the supernatural stuff be actually supernatural, not just metaphorical. Very nice character designs and interactions between the characters too.

Return to New York Knicks