ImageImageImageImageImage

OT- Anime

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Bertrob
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#901 » by Bertrob » Wed Jan 2, 2013 10:10 pm

Bankai wrote:
bertrob wrote:Has anyone here watched Hyakka Ryōran Samurai Girls

I have, looking forward to Season 2 with the loli queen, Kugimiya Rie.

BTW, nice Avatar, Nyan Koi was a classic.

Mhm sounds good. I thought the first season, plot aside, was pretty decent. I'm looking forward to more Naoe hijinks :D

Nyan Koi was terrible but enjoyable imo. Had fun watching it. Woulda kept the avatar but I think I freaked out everyone on the Celtics board with it :lol:
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#902 » by Bertrob » Wed Jan 2, 2013 10:10 pm

BasedJohnson wrote:

yeah it was alright. i'll still watch season 2 when it comes out though

I didn't know you watched anime :eyebrows:
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#903 » by Falstaffxx » Wed Jan 2, 2013 11:14 pm

I feel as if the winter season is taking a long time to start. And sage fansubs are on vacation or something so no Bakuman 3. I've just been watching Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory and Revolutionary Girl Utena.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,476

Post#904 » by Bankai » Wed Jan 2, 2013 11:49 pm

bertrob wrote:Mhm sounds good. I thought the first season, plot aside, was pretty decent. I'm looking forward to more Naoe hijinks :D

Nyan Koi was terrible but enjoyable imo. Had fun watching it. Woulda kept the avatar but I think I freaked out everyone on the Celtics board with it :lol:

Yea it wasent the most well liked as a whole, but at least I liked Nyan Koi, thats all that matters. :lol:

Muneakira seemed like a MC that actually could fight and not cower, that was fresh paint, I hope he actually does more this time instead of just stay in the back and make out with the girls.
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#905 » by Bertrob » Thu Jan 3, 2013 1:50 am

Bankai wrote:
bertrob wrote:Mhm sounds good. I thought the first season, plot aside, was pretty decent. I'm looking forward to more Naoe hijinks :D

Yea it wasent the most well liked as a whole, but at least I liked Nyan Koi, thats all that matters. :lol:

Muneakira seemed like a MC that actually could fight and not cower, that was fresh paint, I hope he actually does more this time instead of just stay in the back and make out with the girls.

Did you see the trailer? While I don't know exactly was going on :lol: I think the enemies this time is another samurai lord. Should be interesting if Muneakira has a bigger role in the actual fighting

Here's the trailer if you didn't see:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGkK28ZvtLs[/youtube]
Ice Trae
RealGM
And1: 10,884

Post#906 » by Ice Trae » Thu Jan 3, 2013 11:55 pm

bertrob wrote:
BasedJohnson wrote:

yeah it was alright. i'll still watch season 2 when it comes out though

I didn't know you watched anime :eyebrows:

Lol, i've watched quite a lot actually. Toradora is still my favorite though
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#907 » by Falstaffxx » Fri Jan 4, 2013 12:10 am

BasedJohnson wrote:Lol, i've watched quite a lot actually. Toradora is still my favorite though

That was a great one.
Perdido/BR
Sixth Man
And1: 36

Post#908 » by Perdido/BR » Fri Jan 4, 2013 3:01 am

I just realized Bertrob is a Celts fan. Not sure how I feel about it. :)
dunku
Junior
And1: 2

Post#909 » by dunku » Fri Jan 4, 2013 3:56 am

We should burn him with fire..i know where he lives^^

lo, just messing. and ewww Samurai girls...not my kind of Anime...even if it does have that one cute..loli....

anyways..I'm waiting for the winter season to come already. Want to see this Prism Nana Project Hype.

Finishing up Sacred Seven..and might watch Cannan while I wait for this new season.
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#910 » by Bertrob » Fri Jan 4, 2013 4:03 am

Perdido/BR wrote:I just realized Bertrob is a Celts fan. Not sure how I feel about it. :)

We can still be friends though, right? :cuddle
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#911 » by Bertrob » Fri Jan 4, 2013 4:05 am

Falstaffxx wrote:I feel as if the winter season is taking a long time to start. And sage fansubs are on vacation or something so no Bakuman 3. I've just been watching Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory and Revolutionary Girl Utena.

I still don't have a grasp of the winter shows that are coming out :lol:
Stardust was a good show in terms of visuals, but I didn't like how it concentrated more on a less interesting cast than the previous one. How are you liking it so far?
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#912 » by Bertrob » Fri Jan 4, 2013 4:06 am

BasedJohnson wrote:Lol, i've watched quite a lot actually. Toradora is still my favorite though

:rockon: What have you been watching?
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#913 » by Bertrob » Fri Jan 4, 2013 4:07 am

dunku wrote:anyways..I'm waiting for the winter season to come already. Want to see this Prism Nana Project Hype.

what about Vividred operation?
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#914 » by Bertrob » Fri Jan 4, 2013 4:08 am

Who saw Nekomonogatari?! Brilliant work as always imo! Thoughts?
Ice Trae
RealGM
And1: 10,884

Post#915 » by Ice Trae » Fri Jan 4, 2013 7:20 am

bertrob wrote:

:rockon: What have you been watching?

Kokoro Connect and tlr darkness right now. I watched SAO for a while but dropped it after he beat the game and woke up from the nerve gear thing. I just lost interest in it for some reason lol
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#916 » by Falstaffxx » Sat Jan 5, 2013 12:11 am

bertrob wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:I feel as if the winter season is taking a long time to start. And sage fansubs are on vacation or something so no Bakuman 3. I've just been watching Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory and Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Stardust was a good show in terms of visuals, but I didn't like how it concentrated more on a less interesting cast than the previous one. How are you liking it so far?

I like it well enough. The only other Gundam stuff I've seen so far are the 3 movies that tell the story of the original TV series, War in the Pocket, and 8th MS Team. I like Stardust better than 8th MS Team I think...more epic, more cool Gundams, plus I like Nina Purpleton. I've been going through the Universal Century stuff. Gundam Z will be next for me.

Revolutionary Girl Utena is totally awesome IMO.

The next thing I watch other than new stuff will probably be The Slayers, or maybe Rozen Maiden.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,174

Post#917 » by LLJ » Sat Jan 5, 2013 10:06 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
bertrob wrote:

I like it well enough. The only other Gundam stuff I've seen so far are the 3 movies that tell the story of the original TV series, War in the Pocket, and 8th MS Team. I like Stardust better than 8th MS Team I think...more epic, more cool Gundams, plus I like Nina Purpleton. I've been going through the Universal Century stuff. Gundam Z will be next for me.

The next thing I watch other than new stuff will probably be The Slayers, or maybe Rozen Maiden.

Stardust is consistently great looking. The characterization goes to hell in the final episodes though. You'll probably go "huh?" more than a few times as the series approaches its end. Nina and Kou start regressing back to 12 year olds in behaviour. That said, the action truly is awesome.

Glad you like Utena. It's a genuine classic, and is great and disturbing in all sorts of ways as it progresses. It shows how what you can do with a limited budget too. (The same could be said of original Evangelion TV)
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#918 » by Bertrob » Mon Jan 7, 2013 12:58 am

Anyone watch some of the new stuff?
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#919 » by Falstaffxx » Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:21 am

LLJ wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:

Stardust is consistently great looking. The characterization goes to hell in the final episodes though. You'll probably go "huh?" more than a few times as the series approaches its end. Nina and Kou start regressing back to 12 year olds in behaviour. That said, the action truly is awesome.

Glad you like Utena. It's a genuine classic, and is great and disturbing in all sorts of ways as it progresses. It shows how what you can do with a limited budget too. (The same could be said of original Evangelion TV)

Utena has become one of my favorite shows. I just finished the TV series. It's beautiful, weird, intense. I will say I was disappointed by the ending, but that doesn't change the fact that it's an amazing series. I still have the movie to watch, so I'm looking forward to that.

I just finished Stardust Memory too. I see what you mean about the characters, although I guess I didn't care that much because the show was mostly about the mecha battles anyhow. The ending was was intriguing.

I'm switching gears away from Gundam to Fullmetal Alchemist for the moment. I've never seen any FMA, but I thought I should. I'm watching Brotherhood, because that's the one I have and someone told me it's better (dunno if that's true).

For the new stuff...the first episode of Maoyu was a mess...I'll give it another ep to get going, but I'm not feeling optimistic about it.
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#920 » by Bertrob » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:42 am

Falstaffxx wrote:
I'm switching gears away from Gundam to Fullmetal Alchemist for the moment. I've never seen any FMA, but I thought I should. I'm watching Brotherhood, because that's the one I have and someone told me it's better (dunno if that's true).

It's not necessarily better, just different. It just follows the manga so more people are apt to crown it. But after comparing the two, I do think Brotherhood is better because I didn't like the whole buildup to the ending of the first one. Also you get a better sense of finality. And you can't forget about having Yao Ling and Olivier Mira Armstrong in it. But I also kinda liked Dante, who was an original anime character from the first one. The ending for the first one was also kind of an interesting idea. Brotherhood is the one you should definitely watch, but if you ever have time the first one isn't a bad watch either.

Falstaffxx wrote:
For the new stuff...the first episode of Maoyu was a mess...I'll give it another ep to get going, but I'm not feeling optimistic about it.

:shy: Have not yet seen it yet (buffering it right now) but I am scared now

Return to New York Knicks