yardbarker

OT- Anime

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, NoLayupRule, Knickstape1214, Brooklyn_Yards, j4remi, Thugger HBC, GONYK, Thorn, mrpoetryNmotion

Post#931 Re: OT- Anime
Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:19 pm by Falstaffxx

bertrob wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:
I'm switching gears away from Gundam to Fullmetal Alchemist for the moment. I've never seen any FMA, but I thought I should. I'm watching Brotherhood, because that's the one I have and someone told me it's better (dunno if that's true).

It's not necessarily better, just different. It just follows the manga so more people are apt to crown it. But after comparing the two, I do think Brotherhood is better because I didn't like the whole buildup to the ending of the first one. Also you get a better sense of finality. And you can't forget about having Yao Ling and Olivier Mira Armstrong in it. But I also kinda liked Dante, who was an original anime character from the first one. The ending for the first one was also kind of an interesting idea. Brotherhood is the one you should definitely watch, but if you ever have time the first one isn't a bad watch either.

Falstaffxx wrote:
For the new stuff...the first episode of Maoyu was a mess...I'll give it another ep to get going, but I'm not feeling optimistic about it.

:shy: Have not yet seen it yet (buffering it right now) but I am scared now

Well I'm glad I'm making the right choice about which one to watch, sounds like. The first two eps were cool.
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 164

Post#932 Re: OT- Anime
Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:21 pm by Falstaffxx

j4remi wrote:
I think the cool thing about Brotherhood and the original is that they're so different after the first 1/3rd or so of the story (which is also somewhat different in it's own right) that you can watch both without getting bored. HunterXHunter is doing a remake thing but it's the same plot, just much improved animation imo.

One thing I wish Brotherhood had is the Nana Kitade song from the original. I associate it with FMA even though I'm just now getting around to watching FMA.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#933 Re: OT- Anime
Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:22 pm by QueenzAllDay

Must watch- MAGI. Funny / Adventure type.

Maaaaan what I would give to create my own story.
Knicks Top 4 in the east. Easy.
QueenzAllDay

Sixth Man
And1: 297

Post#934 Re: OT- Anime
Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:24 pm by Falstaffxx

QueenzAllDay wrote:Must watch- MAGI. Funny / Adventure type.

Is that a new show that just started, or has it been going on for a while?
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#935 Re: OT- Anime
Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:25 pm by Falstaffxx

By the way LLJ, sorry if I'm overly aggressive with my opinions about anime. I get intense about it.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#936 Re: OT- Anime
Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:02 pm by QueenzAllDay

Falstaffxx wrote:

Started a month or two ago. Starting to pick up.
Knicks Top 4 in the east. Easy.
QueenzAllDay

Sixth Man
And1: 297

Post#937 Re: OT- Anime
Mon Jan 7, 2013 11:03 pm by Bertrob

Falstaffxx wrote:

It's from this past season its on I think episode 13
work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger ɳ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ɲ
Bertrob

RealGM
And1: 759

Post#938 Re: OT- Anime
Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:52 pm by LLJ

Falstaffxx wrote:By the way LLJ, sorry if I'm overly aggressive with my opinions about anime. I get intense about it.

No problem. To be honest, I get pretty passionate talking about any sort of film or TV series in general, at least the ones I feel are notable.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 2,121

Post#939 Re: OT- Anime
Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:54 pm by Falstaffxx

LLJ wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:By the way LLJ, sorry if I'm overly aggressive with my opinions about anime. I get intense about it.

No problem. To be honest, I get pretty passionate talking about any sort of film or TV series in general, at least the ones I feel are notable.

Cool, I'm glad you weren't offended.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#940 Re: OT- Anime
Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:48 pm by Kobe>Jordan>God

Girls und Panzer is really underrated, don't be put off by the pink tank in the beginning section.

Robotics;Notes is getting really interesting.

Did you know Initial D was back!? After over six years of waiting, Fifth Stage is finally airing, although it is only two episodes per month.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Kobe>Jordan>God

Starter
And1: 85

Post#941 Re: OT- Anime
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:29 pm by Bertrob

Kobe>Jordan>God wrote:Girls und Panzer is really underrated, don't be put off by the pink tank in the beginning section.

Did you know Initial D was back!? After over six years of waiting, Fifth Stage is finally airing, although it is only two episodes per month.

I agree. I thought Girls und Panzer was going to be like Uppotte (which was a total piece of **** despite its seiyuus) but its a good series. I'm annoyed about the break though.'
work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger ɳ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ɲ
Bertrob

RealGM

Post#942 Re: OT- Anime
Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:30 am by Bertrob

Anyone see the new Sakurasou? Totally enveloped me again. Also the new Op/End ;( I liked the old ones better
Bertrob

RealGM

Post#943 Re: OT- Anime
Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:01 am by Falstaffxx

Kobe>Jordan>God wrote:Girls und Panzer is really underrated, don't be put off by the pink tank in the beginning section.

Uh, the pink tank is WHY I watched it in the first place, lol. And yeah, it's really good.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#944 Re: OT- Anime
Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:05 am by Falstaffxx

The first ep of AKB0048 Next Stage was good.

So was the first ep Senran Kagura. It seems as if it'll be a decent oppai show. Good oppai animations, lol.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#945 Re: OT- Anime
Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:02 pm by Based Schroeder

bertrob wrote:Anyone see the new Sakurasou? Totally enveloped me again. Also the new Op/End ;( I liked the old ones better

lol, yes. I love shiina
Based Schroeder

Lead Assistant
And1: 413

Post#946 Re: OT- Anime
Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:03 pm by Falstaffxx

The first ep of Sasami-san@Ganbaranai was...engaging. But it remains to be seen if they can make a show of this.

Turns out Tamako Market is about a talking bird. idk... :dontknow:
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#947 Re: OT- Anime
Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:58 am by Based Schroeder

Falstaffxx wrote:The first ep of Sasami-san@Ganbaranai was...engaging. But it remains to be seen if they can make a show of this.

I liked it, kind of has like a bakemonogatari vibe going on
Based Schroeder

Lead Assistant
And1: 413

Post#948 Re: OT- Anime
Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:32 am by Falstaffxx

BasedJohnson wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:The first ep of Sasami-san@Ganbaranai was...engaging. But it remains to be seen if they can make a show of this.

I liked it, kind of has like a bakemonogatari vibe going on

There was definitely something there. I'm not completely sold yet, but we'll see.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#949 Re: OT- Anime
Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:03 pm by Bertrob

So I've watched: Tamako Market, Vividred Operation, and Boku wa Tomodachi so far

Vividred Operation:
Liked it a lot. Had a lot of the same energy of Strike Witches. Transformation sequence was well done. 1st ep was a winner for me. Seems to be heading into sci-fi magical girl territory.

Tamako Market:

This was pretty good too. It was a bit boring but with KyoAni you know something is gonna happen. Interesting cliffhanger. And it has all of the moe-blob elements I was looking for! Also the bird is voiced by the same dude who was Kayneth in Fate/Zero so I can't stop imagining him whenever the bird talks. And the animation was not nearly as crisp as I expected. Hopefully that picks up.

Boku wa Tomodachi:
Thought it was hilarious, especially the ending. Jeez I couldn't stop laughing after that part. Bunch of new characters in the opening, I am interested in seeing them.

Falstaffxx wrote:Turns out Tamako Market is about a talking bird. idk... :dontknow:

No its about mochi! :D
Bertrob

RealGM

Post#950 Re: OT- Anime
Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:47 pm by Manhattan Project

Senyuu... what a waste.
Bakumatsu... eh not exactly anything great.
The Unlimited... one show I actually am intrigued by.
Mayouu Maou Yuusha... not exactly what I had in mind.
Cuticle Detective Inaba... its silly, but in this weak season for me, I'll follow it.
Manhattan Project

Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 998

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks