ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread III

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jetset
RealGM
And1: 162

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread III 

Post#1421 » by Jetset » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:34 pm

j4remi wrote:
destro wrote:officer william leonard roberts better "cut da check" like those gd's told him to.

seriously though, i'm not wishing death on anybody but these young kids that idolize this stuff that this guy and his group go around saying need a wake up call. these guys are not who they rap about them being. gunplay's chain getting snatched and put around some kid's neck in 50's video (most disrespectful thing i've seen in quite a while, most hilarious thing too), meek starting a feud with cassidy only to not respond when the biggest diss track in about a decade is aimed at him and crew, but instead has the time to run on twitter and talk about how broke cass is instead of at least defending yourself against something that you yourself started. stalley getting punked outside of an ohio airport by some young dudes, ross getting punked by jeezy backstage at a bet awards show, 50 releasing ross' baby mama's sextape, wale is a joke by himself, ross getting shot up, and god knows what else that i can't think of at the moment.. and mmg hasn't retaliated in not a single instance, not even so much as to even address it, they walk around like nothing ever happened. i can't believe how many Ls this group has taken and still around, ja rule's career was ended by much less. the rap game is just messed up.

These guys don't really perpetuate the gangsta image imho...Unless I'm missing something.

Edit: The bolded...it's kinda hard to make out. Meek Mill, Stalley and Wale...they come across more back packer/partyish...respectively.

it could've been worded differently but i was talking more so about the number of losses those cats pile up with regards to those three. but they're all under the umbrella of their boss which pedals out gangster rap. but meek has talked about violence before, maybe not to the point of his boss but has still perpetuated it. yet when someone destroys him for 10 minutes straight with nothing but pure scathing ether, all that talk is out the window in favor by some twitter bashing within the comfort of his own home.
Jetset
RealGM

Post#1422 » by Jetset » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:44 pm

oh and ross is in danger because he asked the gds for protection (i guess someone else is trying to get at him?) and hasn't paid them for it. he recently cancelled a tour out here in nc because he knew him and his crew was in danger. so now the gds are chasing him and his crew around the country, scaring them so much that they have to flat out cancel. but ross has no problem booking appearances outside of the US.

and now i've read the real rick ross is trying to sue william for living off of his name. the losses just keep piling up.
BIGGIEsmalls 23
Banned User
And1: 810

Post#1423 » by BIGGIEsmalls 23 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:19 pm

destro wrote:oh and ross is in danger because he asked the gds for protection (i guess someone else is trying to get at him?) and hasn't paid them for it. he recently cancelled a tour out here in nc because he knew him and his crew was in danger. so now the gds are chasing him and his crew around the country, scaring them so much that they have to flat out cancel. but ross has no problem booking appearances outside of the US.

IMO, It's a toss-up in regards to who may have tried to take him out between the GDs or the Crips. The real Rick Ross has been rumored to have stopped the Crips in the past from coming after the rapper Rick Ross. If you click the link in my original post, you will see how the GD stuff began.

and now i've read the real rick ross is trying to sue william for living off of his name. the losses just keep piling up.

They were in court for several years, but I believe the real Rick Ross lost the lawsuit recently.

It's crazy how the rapper Rick Ross was able to get himself in trouble with two of the biggest criminal organizations in the world. That's just plain stupidity.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#1424 » by j4remi » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:23 pm

destro wrote:
it could've been worded differently but i was talking more so about the number of losses those cats pile up with regards to those three. but they're all under the umbrella of their boss which pedals out gangster rap. but meek has talked about violence before, maybe not to the point of his boss but has still perpetuated it. yet when someone destroys him for 10 minutes straight with nothing but pure scathing ether, all that talk is out the window in favor by some twitter bashing within the comfort of his own home.

Got you in terms of L's...but I think Cassidy turned a compliment into an insult with Meek Mill. Meek shoulda straightened it out, but even so...that ten minute diss record was boring and isn't doing anything for Cass' career. He took a lifetime L by selling out with the Condom Style song and I think the only redemption for him would be a Canibus style REAL battle (which he truly was a monster at) where he kills an established battle rapper. Meek's eating good. Same with Wale, the Folarin mixtape was absolute trash...the last album was weak as hell for sure, but still did decent numbers if I'm not mistaken. The About Nothing Mixtapes are some of the best mixtapes in recent memory and he's got Seinfeld working with him on the next album!? Even if it comes out as bad as his past two commercial works, he'll be winning. As much as I hate Ross, he did two things really well.

1. He collected a crew of pretty good writers with the guys you listed and you can tell they're feeding him bars like crazy. He's still not amazing or anything, but he's showing improvement lyrically...thank God...because he sucked and now he's bearable and with his ear for beats, average will help him get by and I won't be AS annoyed by radio over play.

2. He put those cats on that he collected for the most part. They're all in better shape now despite falling back lyrically and going pop. It's disappointing for lyrical heads, but for those cats...they're def making a lot more money. Meek has really seen commercial success and Wale has a nice shot if he can get more balance instead of focusing so hard on ballads.

Ross...I really don't respect as a rapper or a person. Who he portrays for success and the way he stole an identity...that's an absolute joke to me. But as far as being a good business man and knowing how to make popular rap songs, he seems gifted. His team is second to Young Money right now despite all the L's and even with his marginal actual talent...dude sells like crazy.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Jetset
RealGM

Post#1425 » by Jetset » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:50 pm

i didn't think the diss was boring, but i could see how it could be seen that way when he has the same flow over like 15 beats but really listening to what he was saying was very entertaining. what'd you mean by turning compliment into insult? meek wanted to battle cass, meek overstepped some boundaries and got disrespectful, cass laid it on him and i haven't heard anything from meek since. and i'm just not going to say much on condom style, apparently all it was was supposed to get the word out on using condoms. but it's a bad look no matter which way you look it.

and that's what i was saying earlier, i don't know how ross and mmg keep staying around after getting loss after loss. 50 took rule's chain and it was doomsday for him and murder inc. these guys are correctional officers living off people's names in their mid 30's, getting chains snatched in broad daylight, starting beef on wax and too scared to reply after getting dared to, getting punked by teenagers at airports, and whatever the hell 2chainz is supposed to be at the young and ripe age of 35, and they're still around. i just don't get it.

50's saying this shooting is a hoax. apparently there was "dozens" of gun shots, yet not one hit ross' car. that just seems very odd to me. i think i might agree with him, although there are what looks to be some holes in nearby places. maybe the amount of gunfire is exaggerated or something, because i have a hard time believing that dozens of shots would miss an entire car and more importantly ross' fat ass. ross even had passengers in the car and all of them are fine. somebody was either the all wrong person for the job or something just isn't right.
BIGGIEsmalls 23
Banned User

Post#1426 » by BIGGIEsmalls 23 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:56 pm

destro wrote:oh 50 saying this shooting was staged. apparently there was "dozens" of gun shots, yet not one hit his car. that just seems very odd to me. i think i might agree with him, although there are what looks to be some holes in nearby places. maybe the amount of gunfire is exaggerated or something, because i have a hard time believing that dozens of shots would miss an entire car and more importantly ross' fat ass. ross even had passengers in the car and all of them are fine. somebody was either the all wrong person for the job or something just isn't right.

Aren't all of 50's vehicles customized with bulletproof windows & armored bodies?......I'm pretty sure that Ross has the same thing. 50 is simply trolling Rick Ross :lol: .

It's also possible that he had a security detail in another car that traded shots with the shooter's car, while Ross tried to get away before crashing. I'm sure that more details will soon come out, but there is no way that he would stage this, IMO. The only passenger in the car with Ross was his GF.
Jetset
RealGM

Post#1427 » by Jetset » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:07 am

yeah 50's vehicles are heavily equipped to take fire, you'd need a nuclear war head to get to him. which is why i have a hard time believing that ross wouldn't have the same, considering people are legitimately after his life.

if there was security detail shooting back at the people shooting at ross wouldn't it be reported? even something like how pac was shot in vegas, there was car that followed the gunmen that were getting fleeing, but that car was never found was reported.
BIGGIEsmalls 23
Banned User

Post#1428 » by BIGGIEsmalls 23 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:11 am

destro wrote:yeah 50's vehicles are heavily equipped to take fire, you'd need a nuclear war head to get to him.

if there was security detail shooting back at the people shooting at ross wouldn't it be reported? even something like how pac was shot in vegas, there was car that followed the gunmen that were getting fleeing, but that car was never found was reported.

It's probably one of the reasons the cops kept Ross for further questioning. I'm certain that more details will come out. Plus, I read on TMZ that there may be a few cameras from surrounding buildings that caught the entire incident. The police are reportedly reviewing them now.

BTW, here's one of 50's latest tweets:

50cent ‏@50cent
hahaha that boy was spooked. I ride like OBAMA level 6 built proof, bomb proof,you already know. #SMSaudio
Jetset
RealGM

Post#1429 » by Jetset » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:17 am

i know. 50's been shot nine times, he's not trying to get anymore. like i said, i have a hard time believing ross doesn't have the same kind of protection. you can cancel tours in fear of being shot, you can't trick out your rides too? i dunno.

i guess william's grammy award for best actor just leaves me skeptical to anything that happens to him. he's not beneath faking a life for street cred.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1430 » by j4remi » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:52 am

destro wrote:i didn't think the diss was boring, but i could see how it could be seen that way when he has the same flow over like 15 beats but really listening to what he was saying was very entertaining. what'd you mean by turning compliment into insult? meek wanted to battle cass, meek overstepped some boundaries and got disrespectful, cass laid it on him and i haven't heard anything from meek since. and i'm just not going to say much on condom style, apparently all it was was supposed to get the word out on using condoms. but it's a bad look no matter which way you look it.

Meek didn't challenge Cass or anything. He said he'd get into the ring for 100,000 bones and they'd have a crowd of 20,000. Then the dude asked him "What would be your ultimate battle, you not involved ...His response was I'd do Cassidy and Mook. That got taken completely out of context and turned into "I'll battle Mook or Cassidy." He even complimented Cass, saying how Cass never lost a battle even though he hasn't battled in that format he's a beast that everyone recognizes. Read the article then watch the last minute or so of the video. He talked A LOT of trash about how great a battle he is and bragged...but he never actually challenged Cass.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2 ... 00-or-more

and that's what i was saying earlier, i don't know how ross and mmg keep staying around after getting loss after loss. 50 took rule's chain and it was doomsday for him and murder inc. these guys are correctional officers living off people's names in their mid 30's, getting chains snatched in broad daylight, starting beef on wax and too scared to reply after getting dared to, getting punked by teenagers at airports, and whatever the hell 2chainz is supposed to be at the young and ripe age of 35, and they're still around. i just don't get it.

Meek Mill was right not to respond...he would have just given Cass more publicity after dude turned a compliment into a forced beef. Him acknowledging Cass and dissing him was a pretty common reaction and ten minutes is just forced. The classic diss records are ones that you can spin on the radio (Ether being the most obvious but there's plenty of examples...No Vaseline for instance). No one's spinning a 10 minute record on the radio imo. But it's important to know that Meek didn't start that beef, bloggers manipulated words and Cassidy took advantage of an opportunity to try and shine again. He's been pathetic for a minute now. Matter of fact, Meek Mill explains it in the video if you have the patience to watch the whole interview (it's obnoxious how much he brags so you might lose patience), but he straight up says he'd only battle with someone on a level of fame similar to his. When you consider that and the way the beef started, it's no wonder he just laughed it off and kept collecting residuals for actual hit records.

destro wrote:50's saying this shooting is a hoax. apparently there was "dozens" of gun shots, yet not one hit ross' car. that just seems very odd to me. i think i might agree with him, although there are what looks to be some holes in nearby places. maybe the amount of gunfire is exaggerated or something, because i have a hard time believing that dozens of shots would miss an entire car and more importantly ross' fat ass. ross even had passengers in the car and all of them are fine. somebody was either the all wrong person for the job or something just isn't right.

Yeah, that's some strange ish...Were there eye witnesses? Something's obviously not right.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Jetset
RealGM

Post#1431 » by Jetset » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:07 am

i'm just going by what cass said in this interview
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDO2blGiR_I[/youtube]

"he violated so i had to drop r.a.i.d."

that gd sitting on the left also talks mocks mmg for cancelling their tours

oh and just because a diss isn't radio friendly doesn't mean it's not a great track, i'll substance over what sounds good in my car. meek made his disses sound like party records and wasn't talking about anything.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1432 » by j4remi » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:27 am

destro wrote:i'm just going by what cass said in this interview
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDO2blGiR_I[/youtube]

"he violated so i had to drop r.a.i.d."

that gd sitting on the left also talks mocks mmg for cancelling their tours

oh and just because a diss isn't radio friendly doesn't mean it's not a great track, i'll substance over what sounds good in my car. meek made his disses sound like party records and wasn't talking about anything.

"He backed out, said he didn't wanna battle"

Meek NEVER said he wanted to battle Cass. Cassidy just jumped on an opportunity for some free promo. I refuse to believe he's dumb enough not to watch the actual video. The quote was taken out of context by bloggers. Meek ran his mouth on twitter after Cass started popping off about battling Meek Mill when Meek was complimenting him the whole time.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JpFhYFlVyY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

BIGGIEsmalls 23
Banned User

Post#1433 » by BIGGIEsmalls 23 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:11 pm

RICK ROSS: 24-Hour Armed Security After Drive-By Shooting

Rick Ross is fighting fire with firepower ... 'cause the rap mogul just hired 24-hour ARMED personal security to watch his back in the wake of Monday's drive-by shooting ... TMZ has learned.

Ross -- aka Ricky Rozay -- was already using armed bodyguards for protection at major events like concerts and public appearances ... but now he's decided he wants a full-time security detail.

Ross was targeted in a drive-by shooting in Florida early Monday morning ... when a car pulled up next to his Rolls-Royce and opened fire. Ross lost control of the vehicle during the incident and crashed into an apartment building.

Sources close to Ross tell TMZ ... the rapper had been getting threats for a while ... but he wasn't too concerned. But we're told Ross considers the shooting to be an "eye-opener" and will do whatever it takes to keep himself safe.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/30/rick-ross ... z2JTJA9IPt
StephNYKurry
General Manager
And1: 2,198

Post#1434 » by StephNYKurry » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:22 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5AEHIA1tjA[/youtube]

Look at what Officer Ricky did to my dam song

smdh
What do I care...it's rigged anyway
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1435 » by j4remi » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:14 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEKHk2JgZa4[/youtube]
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

StumptheSlob
Senior
And1: 4

Post#1436 » by StumptheSlob » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:36 pm

Joe Budden's No Love Lost leaked.
^Props to Mags for the SIG
Watch my Knicks videos:http://www.youtube.com/user/StumptheSlob
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1437 » by j4remi » Fri Feb 1, 2013 1:43 am

StumptheSlob wrote:Joe Budden's No Love Lost leaked.

Just started listening to it. On Top of the World is a great start to this joint.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

dmzed
Sophomore
And1: 143

Post#1438 » by dmzed » Fri Feb 1, 2013 2:20 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toEhS4kOnZI[/youtube]
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,937

Post#1439 » by Fury » Fri Feb 1, 2013 5:07 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opCjxvk3s9A[/youtube]
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#1440 » by Manhattan Project » Fri Feb 1, 2013 5:16 am

For any of those who have followed the Joey/Lil B interviews and what not, why did B diss Joey? Joey didn't even say the line, it was Steez.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones

Return to New York Knicks