ImageImageImageImageImage

OFFICIAL - Amare Must Go Thread (all hate here) #TRADESTAT

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

albert
Veteran
And1: 44

OFFICIAL - Amare Must Go Thread (all hate here) #TRADESTAT 

Post#1 » by albert » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:36 am

#TRADESTAT

Today, we take a stand against fake hustle.

Today, we realize the limits of having a glorified Andrea Bargnani as a $100 million franchise player.

We thank him for leading our resurgence in the Summer 2010 Free Agency Bonanza.

But we will cannot dwell on these past accomplishments if we want to get better as a team.

And we can't dwell on these games where he scores efficiently (which are becoming more and more rare).

Because, even playing at his best, his fake hustle on defense is hilarious and pathetic coming from a self-proclaimed beast.

Beast?

Seriously?

If it wasn't for the dunks, he'd be a Channing Frye-level softee.

To be fair, I see who we have as a coach.

And, to be fair, I see who we have on the roster.

But I have a decade of Layden/Isiah-led incompetency and awful basketball burned into my brain and watching Amare play defense triggers these memories of Eddy Curry and Jamal Crawford and the rest.

In fact, let's make it crystal clear - Amare Stoudemire is the worst defensive player in the NBA.

And he hurts us when he's on the floor.

No more. Support your Knicks. Join the Trade Amare bandwagon.

Frequently Used Excuses (originally posted January 19 2012) - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1150185&start=315#p30024310
albert wrote:Top 10 Excuses/Responses for Amare's Pathetic Defensive Play:

1) Amare is clearly suffering from the coach's system which obviously never goes over defense.
2) Amare is clearly out of shape and is struggling as a result from his back injury.
3) Amare is clearly suffering from lack of training camp and practice time with his new teammates.
4) Amare can be hidden behind Tyson Chandler since Dallas did it with Dirk.
5) Amare can co-exist with Melo, he just needs to be more aggressive on offense.
6) Amare clearly needs a real point guard.
7) Amare isn't the only one that's bad defensively on the Knicks.
8) Amare saved our franchise and carried our team to the playoffs last year so he is untouchable and you are a traitor for suggesting otherwise.
9) Amare blocked LeBron that one time.
10) The Suns made it to the WCF with Amare, so the Knicks can definitely win with Amare.

All of these points have been refuted on this board or are just examples of poor reasoning.

So again I ask: how can people actually believe we can be a legitimate title contender with Amare at the 4? I have no desire to tread water and be in mid-lottery/mediocre playoff squad hell when we have our real franchise player and our defensive anchor locked up for the next 5 years.

Dump Amare for expirings and picks. Or for a serviceable PF or PG. Build a team that doesn't rely on lip service coming from a joke of a player.

#TRADESTAT

albert wrote:
seren wrote:just watch the video on previous page and see Amare's movement defending Diaw. tell me it doesn't look like Amare is having trouble moving.

It might be a good excuse if this didn't happen every single game. Amare cannot stay in front of anyone.

Amare is the worst defender in the league. And it's said and pathetic that he parades around like he is a some sort of intimidating shot blocking force.

And let's say he is in peak health. What if we take the man at his word and believe that he's in peak physical condition with the extra inch to make him 6'11'' and the whatever pounds of muscle?

Even then, is he a good defender? No.

Is he an average defender? No.

Is he a below average defender that can be shielded on our team? No.

Can he be trusted to make a correct defensive rotation? No.

Do you think his teammates take him seriously when he grills at the refs after getting duped by a mediocre scorer for an And-1 situation? No.

Do you think his teammates trust him when he yells out defensive assignments and points his finger and lets out a yell when he blocks a shot? No.

Is he a cancer on our team defensively? Yes.

And he is exactly while we will never be a legitimate title contender.

The argument for moving forward with a Melo/Tyson tandem (originally posted January 20, before Lin-sanity) - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1154346&start=15#p30035883
albert wrote:There's a reason I push for an Amare trade - he's the odd piece out and he's going to hurt us during his time here. Rough stretch or not, we are not competing for a championship with Amare playing this franchise player role.

Are we living in the past glory of Amare leading a .500 ball club? Do we expect to be a legitimate contender as opposed to marginal playoff threat once Amare to turns it around? And Baron Davis will make this all work?

Please.

We can move forward with a Melo/Tyson core - this is our window of opportunity. We're going to blow this opportunity if we continue on this path. We need to surround them with appropriate role players. For some on this board, this perspective is radical and unbecoming. To those I say - we can easily improve by taking away the one piece that doesn't fit and realistically be instantly better as a team.

PG: _____ / Baron Davis
SG: Shump / Bibby or Douglas
SF: Melo / Fields
PF: _____ / Jeffries
C: Chandler / Jorts

Fill in the blanks with decent serviceable players that can play their role. Who wants to say no to that?

Brothers join me in solidarity and rock the fashionable signature pictorial of your choice that truly displays the vigor of our movement.

Code: Select all

[img]http://i.imgur.com/tTI7W.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/M62sM.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/OFo8Z.jpg[/img]

Added: High salary players that are potential targets (expiring contracts in green):

Joe Johnson $19,752,645
Dwight Howard $18,518,574
Elton Brand $18,160,354
Zach Randolph $16,500,000
Al Jefferson $15,000,000
Josh Smith $13,200,000
Nene $13,000,000
David Lee $12,744,000
Kevin Martin $12,439,675
Ben Gordon $12,400,000
Hedo Turkoglu $11,400,000
Monta Ellis $11,000,000
Jose Calderon $10,561,982
Richard Jefferson $10,164,000
Andrea Bargnani $10,000,000

EDIT: Below here, selected excerpts across the Knicks board.

January 8th after a loss to the Bobcats - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1150185&start=105#p29800368

Rasho Brezec wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:If this is the first play of the game, fine.

But when this is the 4th quarter with your team down big and needing some fire and intensity from their leadership, and this dude has been personally whipping you like you're Denzel in Glory the whole game, how can this play possibly be interpreted as anything less than poor effort, lack of heart, and no accountability?

I'm not even kidding when I say I'd rather have seen him draw a flagrant and multiple game suspension for punching Diaw in the back of the head on the way to the basket after he got beat, just so it would be obvious he at least gave a sh*t. He just doesn't care about defense at this point. He gives it awesome lip service in the press, but nothing beyond that.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5DSa742msc&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Oh, wow. Getting owned like that by Boris Diaw at his slowest and fattest point in his career. We maxed out this guy.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1150526#p29807121 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vnL0CkKlY8[/youtube]

Okay Amare fans, here's your chance. Describe the championship banners we will be raising with franchise cornerstone Amare Stoudemire failing over and over on the same plays in the same game:

2:12 - fails to hedge PNR correctly (first time)

2:20 - gives Mullens too much space (first time)

2:28 - doesn't body up on the much smaller and weaker Mullens and gives a terrible right hand contest

2:36 - gives Mullens too much space (second time)

2:53 - leaves Diaw for no reason, giving him space for the blow by, Chandler picks up Diaw, fails to rotate to Augustin

3:31 - fails to defend PNR correctly, effectively screening Toney Douglas from the play (second time)

4:42 - loses position to Diaw

5:50 - failure to box out after a switch

6:11 - gives Mullens too much space (third time)

7:04 - fails to defend PNR, gives up wide open 3 (third time)

7:17 - destroyed by Boris "Michael Jordan" Diaw

January 16th after a loss to the Magic - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1153323&p=29980452#p29980339

DuckTales wrote:If I could trade Amare right now for prime Charles Oakley I would. What you lose in talent you gain in toughness and defense and rebounding. And guess what? At the end of the day, as Carmelo looks like to say, defense is going to win you a championship. Amar'e running out of the way any time anyone drives on him will not win us a championship. Amare seems to be mentally weak and cannot handle the pressure when the going gets tough. The going is tough right now and he continues to play like garbage on both ends. Amare is paid superstar money and the Knicks advertise him as one so naturally fans expect him to be one. He isn't, though. If I could trade Amare for Deron I would do it yesterday. I am tired of sticking up for Amare. I was signing his praises for a long time but it's clear to me he plays more for himself than the team.

January 20th after a loss to the Bucks where hypocritical Amare calls out the team and says "we gotta use our brains" :lol: - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1154234&start=60

SelbyCobra wrote:
DuckTales wrote:
EnigmatiC wrote:not exactly...he means everyone on the team collectively, he followed that up by using "we" a lot.

Amare likes to say "we" a lot but everyone knows he's not including himself. He doesn't take responsibility for not doing what he wants other to do on the court.

Why is he demanding they do things he doesn't? He doesn't use his brain on the court. He's a pretty low IQ player on the court. Insulting his teammates when he is probably worse will not win him many points or inspire confidence.

We need a better leader for this team.

Totally agree. The guy has zero legitimate accountability for periods that he plays like a complete jackass on the court.

After the Orlando game he comes out and says:

“I was telling myself they can’t keep a good man down,’’ Stoudemire said. “I was amped up and ready to go in the fourth. I was ready to dominate. Again it’s my fault. We lost the game because I got into foul trouble. It won’t happen again.’’

This is a perfect example of his fake accountability. He throws his teammates under the bus for not getting him the ball in the 4th quarter (even though there was zero reason for him to be given the ball, as he had been playing his usual, completely uncoordinated and reckless brand of buffoonary in the time he wasn't on the bench), and then he gives the ultimate transparent statement of fake accountability by saying they lost because he got in foul trouble.

Translation: "I'm awesome, and we lost because my teammates didn't give me the ball in the 4th quarter. Oh, and you see what happens when I put in effort on the defensive end? I told you it was a bad idea. I'm too important offensively to be getting mixed up on the defensive end. Matador D all day long going forward!"

He'll get better - much better - but the same personality quality that made him the one to boldly take the weight of expectations and media pressure on his shoulders is now wearing really thin with me as a fan.

Da_Mane_Man wrote:i disagree with the injury theory. i don't think the back has anything to do with his play right now. he's had almost 7 months of rest for it. he has the best trainers in the world, and he ADDED 20 LBS OF MUSCLE IN THE OFFSEASON! you don't work out and put on weight like that without being 100% physically. besides, it was only a muscle issue, it's not like he has a herniated disc. even if he did, 7 months is plenty of time for recovery.

RutgersBJJ wrote:This moron put on 20 lbs of muscle and worked on dribbling the ball. The results of this? A jumper that is too strong on every attempt hitting back-rim and those wonderful plays where we see him dribbling with his left hand right into the baseline.

I guarantee you that the opposition defensive strategy against this buffoon is let him do what he wants to do. He wants to dribble, go ahead, dribble right into the baseline dumb-ass. Amar'e was better last year when all he could do was dunk or shoot. He has to be shooting less than 20% on his mid-range jumper, nice job putting on weight over the summer. Now you look like Dwight Howard when he attempts a jump-shot.

This is what happens when you have a lockout and a player's off-season workout is designed for a beach-body instead of basketball effectiveness. I'm sure Ciara loves your muscles, but no one on your team does. Lose the weight, stop dribbling, and start making your damn jump-shots.

Look familiar? viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1154754

Thugger HBC wrote:
blueNorange wrote:hope this isn't the same chit marbury and robinson pulled on larry

you know, the whole "i'm not getting involved so i won't bother scoring" statement

Looks familiar?

January 21 after a loss to the Nuggets - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1154845#p30065551

fullermd wrote:As some of you guys are aware of, I travelled to OKC last weekend to support the Knicks, and came back with the analysis that Amare Stoudamire had quit on the team. I am sure that when he had visions of the $100Million payday, winning was also somewhere in it. However, after seeing last night when Melo and the rest of the team looked him off in the 4th quarter and OT, and he apparently didn't even want the ball, I am convinced that his attitude, actions, character, limited big-man skills, and contract make him perpetually untradeable and a cancer to the TEAM.

Couple of closing thoughts on this:

1. I witnessed Amare quit on the Suns in the Western Conference Finals/Semi's two years ago, just before he came to NY. He quit, and it was obvious--cost them a trip to the Finals IMO. So, I was concerned when he came here. Now, it is obvious to me, and some of you that he has quit here as well...atleast for the time being. If we can see it now, Dantoni saw it weeks ago. This is a serious issue, because when your highest paid players/player shut(s)-down on the team, the end is near for that team. Cancer has set in.

Feb 14 - even in the midst of Linsanity, a few more posters are coming around - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1161106

fullermd wrote:I wish that the guy would be more aggressive on the defensive side of the ball, and be much more selective on the offensive side.....Last night against the Raptors he got his shot blocked, something like, five times.... The primary reason for that, is that he has to face the basket to get a shot off, even when he is inside 5ft of it. The Raptors interior guys were swatting his shots like flies. He is getting paid too much money not to have a post game with his back towards the basket. As his athletic ability declines, as a result of weight gain or injury/age, he will NEED A POST GAME! IT IS IRRESPONSIBLE FOR HIM, MAKING 100MILLION, NOT TO DEVELOP THAT, and to continue to hurt the team by shooting 30% from the field (with 20-25ft jumpers and barging in to get his shot blocked).

Rasho Brezec wrote:You might orgasm at the occasional poster dunk he will be able to produce, but I'd rather not take the chance on having an offensively limited player who doesn't play a lick of defense and has serious knee injuries tied up on a max contract for the next four years.

But yeah, keep on watching those highlights on ESPN, buddy.

Dunk93 wrote:He looks horrible. His cons are now starting to outweigh his pros.

Doesnt seem to hustle up and down.
Struggles setting picks.
Lacks the ability to finish.
Never contests shots.
Doesn't help Chandler on D.
Never draws charges.
Consistantly finds himself charging into his defender.
Has been getting stuffed on the regs.

I hope to god things turn around but at this point, we are better with Jeffries.

Feb 28th - right after All-Star weekend and halfway into the season, Amare FINALLY admits that he's LIED. He's not in basketball shape despite being a self-proclaimed "beast". - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1164458

Retired_Doc wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:
cgmw wrote:Amar'e is shooting 32.2% on shots taken from beyond 3 feet this season. (3.1 out of 9.6). He's actually shooting under 25% from 3-9 feet from the rim.

Take a look at his advanced stats. You can point to a thousand things that are off thus far, including the fact that a whopping 9.6% of his shots taken are getting blocked this year.

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?nam ... Stoudemire

Like I've been saying for a while, shop him around & try to get some pieces from it.

He went from I feel better than I did last year to I had to sacrifice my game to it's the lockout man, don't worry that I'm stinking it up for the first half I always do better in the second.

The people who don't easily fall for bullspit know what the real deal is.

VERY valid point, sir. And that's the NEW Amare: Obfuscation after obfuscation. Just WHO does Amare think he's kidding? He has been completely dishonest with us all season. He has yet to level with us, and these latest comments are just more horse poop.

He's NOW blaming the lockout?? Why NOW?

Well, let's just fantasize about Amare's BS excuses after this season ends:

Amare:

1) I gained 20 lbs of real muscle. I did it to help the team. How was I to know it would cause me to stink? Nobody mentioned that when I went to college.

2) Uh, actually it turns out it was 4 lbs of muscle and 16 lbs of fat, but hey, who's counting?

3) I had to adjust to our new PG. Actually, he never adjusted to me.

4) There was so much attention being paid to Lin I sorta forgot how to ball.

5) Forget this damn season. Wait'll y'all see me next year.

6) Why don't you people stop looking at me as a basketball player! I'm just a normal guy with typical human frailties.

7) Come early June, I'm sure I'll be in excellent physical shape. Don't doubt me man, I've never failed you fans before.

7) Hey, I had nine great seasons and just this one clunker. 9 outta 10 ain't bad, ya know!

Retired_Doc wrote:Basically, when I hear Amare talk this season I hear:

1) A person who might just be flat-out lying.

2) A person almost certainly "fibbing."

3) A person offering lame excuses, and hiding the truth.

4) A person never coming to grips with THE real truth, and simply bypassing reality.

5) Possibly just one VERY confused person who essentially doesn't know what the heck he's even talking about.

6) A very uneducated person, and one not at all blessed with intelligence. (Surely he could never be confused with say, one Jeremy Lin).

March 13 in the midst of the 5 game losing streak - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1167610

The month of April - Amare boycotts the press while rehabbing his back. Carmelo wins Player of the Month. Knicks are 9-4 without Amare, 18-6 overall since Woodson takes over.

PLAYOFF UPDATES:

Game 1 -
albert wrote:Everyone else has already said what I think except for one thing: Amare jawing and playing tough guy with Haslem and Joel Anthony was hilarious. Fake hustle at its finest.

On one hand, I want him to use his brain and not get baited into techs and possible ejection since we're shorthanded. On the other hand, we have no shot at being competitive in this series with him on the floor anyway.

#TRADESTAT

Game 2 -

Amar'e Stoudemire cuts hand punching case

MIAMI – Amar'e Stoudemire cut his left hand while punching a fire extinguisher case in the locker room after the New York Knicks' loss to the Miami Heat Monday night, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Paramedics and the Knicks' and Heat's team doctors were immediately called to the locker room. Blood was visible on the carpet when the locker-room doors opened for reporters. Stoudemire received stitches and eventually left the arena with his left hand bandaged and his arm in a sling.

Game 3 -
Amare Stoudemire: 'Great chance' he can play in Game 4
PUBLISHED Wednesday, May 2, 2012 at 1:10 pm EDT

Amare Stoudemire says there's a "great chance" he can play in Game 4 of the New York Knicks' series against the Miami Heat on Sunday despite cutting his left hand on a fire extinguisher case and having surgery on Tuesday.

Stoudemire will not play in Thursday's Game 3 and is considered “doubtful” for Game 4, but Stoudemire says he's "not totally sure yet" if he’s out for Sunday. The prevailing expectation was that he would not be able to play for the remainder of the series, which the Heat lead, 2-0.

"I just persevere through a lot of injuries and work hard to recover from injuries," Stoudemire said, according to the Associated Press.

Down 3-0, Knicks hope Stoudemire can play Sunday
By BRIAN MAHONEY | The Associated Press – Fri, May 4, 2012 4:19 PM EDT

GREENBURGH, N.Y. (AP) Amare Stoudemire had a message for his teammates after watching the New York Knicks' latest postseason failure.

''I was like, 'Don't hit nothing,''' Stoudemire said.

A 3-0 deficit against the Miami Heat and an NBA-record, 13-game postseason losing streak may be a strange time for humor, but there was something else to brighten the Knicks' mood Friday.

Stoudemire worked out with his lacerated left hand wrapped and could be in uniform Sunday when the Knicks try to avoid the sweep.

''I think he's going to play,'' interim coach Mike Woodson said. ''I think he wants to play and again, if doctors say he's ready to play and they release him, then I'm going to play him.''

Stoudemire was more cautious, sticking with the Knicks' original update that he was doubtful. He said Wednesday there was a ''great chance'' he could play, but said the hand was sore and definitely not 100 percent.

After watching the Knicks' offense stifled again in an 87-70 loss Thursday, he is making the effort to ditch the suit and sling for his Knicks uniform.

''I'm a team player man, and I feel like right now we've got an opportunity to where we've got to try to get a win,'' Stoudemire said. ''Sunday we have to play as hard as we can to get one, so I want to be there for my teammates and also for the fans who stuck with me through this process.''

Stoudemire was injured when he punched a fire extinguisher case after Game 2, hitting some glass and needing surgery to repair a muscle. He said the injury could have been much worse, with the cut only a millimeter away from a nerve. He later posted a picture of the wound on his Twitter page.

Stoudemire was able to catch and palm the ball with his left hand. But he wants to see how his recovery goes Saturday and again Sunday morning before deciding if he can play.

''With this type of injury, playing Sunday would be out of the question for most people, but for some reason I feel like I'm blessed,'' Stoudemire said. ''I heal fast, I persevere through a lot of injuries. Obviously, the injury to my hand wasn't on purpose, it was accidental. So I feel like the work I put in today and the work I would put in tomorrow, hopefully I would feel better and be ready for Sunday.'

''All the fans that stuck with me deserve to see me back on the court, but it's mainly for my teammates because they're working their butts off all season to be in this position to try to go to the next round,'' Stoudemire said. ''And for the guys that may not be back next year, I want to make sure I still leave a great memory on the court with them before it's all said and done. Hopefully, we can get a win Sunday and take it to Miami for Wednesday.''

Game 5 -
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOMPRAG3e2o[/youtube]

OFFSEASON:

May 10th - Knicks board continues to come around on Amare's hypocrisy - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1180336

May 12th - Woodson encourages Amare to add post game - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1180550&start=105#p31766189
Clyde_Style wrote:
Hemispheres wrote:Amar'e's offensive game looked decent for most of the year, and he was still efficient in the playoffs. He just needs to demand the ball more often if Woodson isn't going to call plays for him.

That's also gonna be a big part of Jeremy Lin's role here. He'll have to be confident enough to turn Melo away and feature Stat more often (not blaming Melo, it's good that he's aggressive and it shouldn't be his job to feature Stoudemire). That's why a good point guard is important.

Would a post game be nice for Amar'e? Yes, but I'd much prefer him to work on his defense.

Complete Fiction. Amare's game looked horrid MOST of the year with the exception of maybe a dozen games. His offensive skillset the first two months alone was a comedy of horrors. How you could possibly say he was good most of the season is unbelievable. He sucked most of the season and was maybe competent in a minority of the games. He was only actually all-around good in half a dozen games at best and just acceptably useful on offense for the rest of his paltry contributions this season. Basically, he sucked eggs most of the season. Come on.

May 15 - Amare going back to college - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1181217

May 20 - STAT and Tyson working with Olajuwon this summer according to Chris Broussard -
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1182173

June 7 - Amare shows up to the NBA finals - Image

June 7 - Delusional poster claims Amare will have his best defensive season next year - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1185811
Y'all can go ahead and bookmark this one.

Juny 26 - Amar'e Stoudemire fined $50,000 for using gay slur in tweet - http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks ... r-in-tweet

The NBA announced the fine today, citing Stoudemire for using “using offensive and derogatory language,’’ according to Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.

Stoudemire is abroad and was not immediately available for comment.

Stoudemire became the latest NBA player to run afoul of the league’s zero-tolerance policy for players who use anti-gay derogatory words. In response to Knick fan Brian Ferrelli’s Tweet on Saturday that said he needed to come back “a lot stronger and quicker to make up for this past season,’’ Stoudemire Tweeted, “F--- you! I don’t have to do anything f--.’’

Stoudemire apologized after his comment went viral, but that doesn’t make any difference with the NBA. What made his remark all the more outlandish is that he made it during Gary Pride weekend.

The tweet brought embarrassment to the league and the Knicks less than two months after Stoudemire severely lacerated his left hand as he punched a glass fire extinguisher door after the Knicks lost Game 2 of their first-round playoff series against the Heat in Miami. The self-inflicted wound forced him to miss the next game as the Knicks lost in five to the eventual-champion Heat.

June 26 - Amare Stoudemire's head games, Doubts increase about Knicks PF based on personal mistakes
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/80983 ... g-champion

Despite having a down season for the Knicks, Stoudemire remains one of the most popular players in the league and he has influence among young basketball fans. In fact, this week he is in Chicago working with up-and-coming big men to help them with their game.

Apologizing for the slur shows leadership. Using the slur in the first place shows a mistake in judgment. Using it on Twitter, after everything that's happened on that medium over the years, shows he still doesn't get it.

Consider that tweet next to the image of him punching his hand through a glass in April after a frustrating playoff loss to James' Heat: He may never get it.

We love to see our best athletes show emotion because it tells us they care as much as we, the fans, do. But emotion that hinders a player's or a team's success is counterproductive. Stoudemire, nine years into his NBA career, has yet to connect those dots.

June 29 - Knicks' Amare Stoudemire becomes Hakeem Olajuwon's next postgame pupil - http://www.silive.com/knicks/index.ssf/ ... pupil.html

Amare Stoudemire will work on his post game with Hall of Famer Hakeem Olajuwon ESPN New York reports.

Olajuwon will travel to New York in August to tutor the Knicks power forward, and Knicks center Tyson Chandler may also participate in the sessions.

Writes ESPN New York’s Jared Zwerling, “Stoudemire's future work with Olajuwon could signal Mike Woodson's coaching strategy to use him more in the low post and have Chandler become the team's main high pick-and-roller with Jeremy Lin and Carmelo Anthony.”

July - Amare shows up at fashion shows -
knicksosmoove
Lead Assistant
And1: 23

Re: OFFICIAL - Amare Must Go Thread!! (all hate here) 

Post#2 » by knicksosmoove » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:44 am

I want the REAL andrea bargnani on this team. he's a better fit.
Priggy Smalls
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,059

Post#3 » by Priggy Smalls » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:45 am

why would anyone want amare?
LINIZALLSTAR
Starter
And1: 10

Post#4 » by LINIZALLSTAR » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:46 am

trade him for some draft picks.
StoudeMelo
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#5 » by StoudeMelo » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:46 am

Mods, please lock this
dreamer3kx
Lead Assistant
And1: 744

Post#6 » by dreamer3kx » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:47 am

Thats not happening, better prey that BD can get Stat on track or its going to be a loooong contract.
knicksosmoove
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by knicksosmoove » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:47 am

rayray2 wrote:why would anyone want amare?

great question. maybe he'll bring in some revenue.

he IS a good player if you have the right cast around him. you need a good pg and good shooters and you're fine.

but you're not winning a championship with him.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#8 » by Marty McFly » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:48 am

we've probably been had.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Priggy Smalls
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,059

Post#9 » by Priggy Smalls » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:49 am

knicksosmoove wrote:
rayray2 wrote:why would anyone want amare?

great question. maybe he'll bring in some revenue.

he IS a good player if you have the right cast around him. you need a good pg and good shooters and you're fine.

but you're not winning a championship with him.

not sure how desperate houston if but i would kill for that scola/martin deal they were offering for gasol
Teppler
Banned User
And1: 157

Post#10 » by Teppler » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:50 am

It's pretty true though. Stat looks pathetic right now. I miss the intimidation on offense. Has he lost his base?
knicksosmoove
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by knicksosmoove » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:52 am

rayray2 wrote:not sure how desperate houston if but i would kill for that scola/martin deal they were offering for gasol

i would do amare for scola straight up . .. maybe. scola is kind of old though. i would target bargnani because he's younger and he and melo can both play inside and outside.
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,128

Post#12 » by waya » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:53 am

You're a f*cking clown
jakoub
Pro Prospect
And1: 127

Post#13 » by jakoub » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:56 am

dude is seriously staring to piss me off. If the ball does not go through him his is not interesting in playing he just stands there. On def he falls for the pump fake every time. AMARE you don't need to block every shot. Not are you vulnerable to drawing a fould but you take yourself out of reb position. Speaking of reb why don't you try boxing out for a change instead of just starring at the ball. I swear rondo is a better reb than you are and he is 10 inches shorter. Secondly the dude wants to be the leader of this team but he doesn't get on his team for their lack of energy. He said he was going to form a training camp during the offseason but kept pushing it back until the lockout ended. Just leave. Give me nene and gallo/chandler and you could have amare denver. Fields also either needs to move to the backup sf pos or he needs to gtfo. Shump is much better than he is on both sides of the field. If we could trade fields and a future 1st for a ray allen loaner (wishful thinking) and do the trade above we could win the title easy.
My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
MSGLegendNY
Starter
And1: 75

Post#14 » by MSGLegendNY » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:57 am

Lock this up please.
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#15 » by CoolKids » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:57 am

you spelled "OFFICIAL- moron thread" wrong
Knicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#16 » by Knicksfan1 » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:58 am

I nominate this thread for the GTOAT
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
Knicker23
General Manager
And1: 139

Post#17 » by Knicker23 » Thu Jan 5, 2012 2:59 am

Amar'e has been playing like trash. He's settling for jump shots, not playing defense or getting in the flow of things...

Only time he asserts himself is when Melo is off the floor.. Outside of that it looks like he's just waiting until Melo's off.

It's not his fault that he isn't actively being sought by the PGs, but it looks bad. It's clearly Melo's team now and I think Amare is being lost in the mix.
HNICII
Junior

Post#18 » by HNICII » Thu Jan 5, 2012 3:02 am

i say if Amare + shumpert for Howard is on table, you do it at this pt
Nexx
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by Nexx » Thu Jan 5, 2012 3:02 am

His porous D is self evident, but his offensive woes come largely due to his need for a PG, ANY decent PG. He can't run the picknroll and isn't getting the ball anywhere close to the rim due to our lack of guard penetration. Felton was even able to get the job done, we just need a serviceable Baron or someone else.

Defensively, we knew what we had. We got killed tonight on the interior, and I'm shocked to still see Amare playing flat footed D on occasion. Still, we got killed in more than one way tonight, Bobcats shot lights out from the perimeter and a number of Knicks were caught looking.

Not saying Amare is the GOAT, but he can be an effective player on a better crafted/coached team.
Rise to the occasion.
albert
Veteran
And1: 44

Post#20 » by albert » Thu Jan 5, 2012 3:03 am

I know it will take a while for some of you to come around. I accept that. It's not easy to let go of what was once so close to our hearts - a scoring machine facilitated by a competent point guard in a well-spaced offense.

Those were great times. I admit. But we have to think big picture.

Just picture yourself posting here on RealGM in 2015. Can you really imagine yourself writing about the great streak of deep playoff runs we had with Amare on our team?

Return to New York Knicks