ImageImageImageImageImage

Iman Shumpert vs Rookie Dwyane Wade

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

lenox ave
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: Iman Shumpert vs Rookie Dwyane Wade 

Post#141 » by lenox ave » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:28 am

Fury wrote:
lenox ave wrote:
Michael_Scott wrote:

seriously.....chill out people.... No one is even comparing shump to current wade..it's rookie wade....8 -9 years ago...

Then why is the thread not titled "Iman Shumpert vs Rookie Larry Hughes"?

Huh?

I asked the question to point out that this is in fact a thread comparing Shumpert to the current D-Wade.

The whole point of the thread title is this: If Shumpert's rookie year compares favorably to Wade's rookie season, then the implication is we may have a future hall of fame sg on our roster. That was the goal of the OP.
knicksosmoove
Lead Assistant
And1: 23

Post#142 » by knicksosmoove » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:29 am

i understand the stylistic thing, but even then . . . there are a lot of things that make wade great that iman doesn't have. the lightning first step. the craftiness. the elusiveness. if you want to say he's dwyane wade nonfat lite with no sweetener then i get it. they're of similar build and athleticism and they both can't shoot. serious comparison ends there though.
knicksosmoove
Lead Assistant
And1: 23

Post#143 » by knicksosmoove » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:29 am

i understand the stylistic thing, but even then . . . there are a lot of things that make wade great that iman doesn't have. the lightning first step. the craftiness. the elusiveness. if you want to say he's dwyane wade nonfat lite with no sweetener then i get it. they're of similar build and athleticism and they both can't shoot. serious comparison ends there though.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,939

Post#144 » by Fury » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:30 am

lenox ave wrote:
I asked the question to point out that this is in fact a thread comparing Shumpert to the current D-Wade.

The whole point of the thread title is this: If Shumpert's rookie year compares favorably to Wade's rookie season, then the implication is we may have a future hall of fame sg on our roster. That was the goal of the OP.

No it wasn't. Re-read the first post.
NYCrusader
Pro Prospect
And1: 196

Post#145 » by NYCrusader » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:36 am

Fury wrote:
lenox ave wrote:

No it wasn't. Re-read the first post.

Yes it was...
lenox ave
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#146 » by lenox ave » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:38 am

dogrufus wrote:
Well, now that things are looking a bit down for the Celts I've taken to trolling him about Iman Shumpert, blithely saying ridiculous things like him being the next Wade. And then Shumpert kept playing well, and I chanced to look at some stats... better mark in each category is bolded:

WADE (age 22)
.530 TS%, 17.6 PER, .103 WS/48, DRtg 101
Per36: 16.8 pts, 4.2 reb, 4.7 ast, 1.5 stl, 0.6 blk, 3.3 tov

SHUMPERT (age 21)
.534 TS%, 16.9 PER, .116 WS/48, DRtg 99
Per36: 15.6 pts, 4.7 reb, 4.3 ast, 2.6 stl, 0.5 blk, 2.6 tov

Yes, I know I'm ridiculous, Shumpert has played only x number of games and whatever.... But I'm just saying this is all the hard statistical NBA (and it's not like he hasn't looked awesome on the eye test) information we have so far. And this is happening with Shump being a year younger than Wade was during his rookie season.

Look, we all knew Fields was a solid role player at best- his value was that we found a rotation guy for nothing. But if Shumpert just maintains his current level of play this season, my jabs at my friend will increasingly become statements of fact. I for one officially grant Knicks fans permission to get excited about him maybe being more than the next Larry Hughes.

First he says that he is trolling his friend by saying Shumpert will be the next Wade.

Then he continues the comparison by pointing out the statistical similarities all while being a year younger then Wade.

Finally he says if Shumpert maintains his current level of play, his "jabs" at his friend will increasingly become statements of fact. What was his jab? "I've taken to trolling him about Iman Shumpert, blithely saying ridiculous things like him being the next Wade."

Like I said, the OP made this thread to compare Shumpert vs current D-Wade.
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#147 » by 2010 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:52 am

TKF wrote:
Read my previous post in reply to TW. I trust my eyes and my analysis. His problems are easily correctable with good coaching. Kid will be a star. I'm certain of it. And check my track record. I'm not one of those mopes who said Frye, Fields, Douglas, etc. would be anything special. I know a role player when I see one and I know how to identify a star when I see one. Time will tell. None of us will be proven right or wrong anytime soon so the game-to-game chest-poking contest is gonna get old real soon.

yea, well you know I was never on the fields, douglas, allstar bandwagon.. LOL.. but it is funny how one bad shooting game changes peoples thought process.. the kid will be fine.. no one shot well tonight, but he still defended, pressed the ball and got steals, that he can do always... I am not so much worried about him, I expect rookie mistakes and ups and downs, the key is, he still played his game.. He didn't chuck, he took shots he has been taking all year.. lets be real, outside of melo, and amare the knicks don't have another person, other than shumpert that can get his own shot....

Yeah man, I'm fine with Shump and my expectations for him. One bad shooting game (or even a bad shooting stretch in a row) will not make me waver in my analysis of what I think he currently is and can become in the future. This place is full of flip-floppers at the moment who live and die with each and every win/loss and player performance.

This will be a season where we definitely shouldn't be dumping on a young player for a bad shooting night. Kid's a rookie. Even the veterans are tired and breaking down so of course a rookie who has had no formal coaching this summer, no summer league, no full training camp and no full preseason schedule, who's playing in a lockout condensed schedule is going to struggle shooting the ball on some nights.

But like you said, he'll bring his effort every single night and he will defend every single night. When he shoots poorly you see him get mad and try to make up for it defensively by getting steals, playing the passing lanes, shutting his man down and trying to get a bucket or two in transition. Stat was in foul trouble, Melo was off and hurting as well...who exactly do these posters expect to shoot the ball? Toney Douglas? Bill Walker? Landry Fields?

But forreal bro, lately I'm getting very put off by this place. It's running amok with trolls, flip-floppers, agenda-driven schit-starters and juveniles. As a mod, I defintely feel for you in times like this. Its's no longer about the team, about basketball analysis, or seeing how things pan out. It's all about who's right and who's wrong. Who can post a post-game thread first with no analysis in it's opening paragraph. Who we're going to turn on next and ship out for Dwight Howard. Who we can complain about, etc. Who can get the most replies in their new topic. When will we ever get back to enjoying our games and our players regardless of wins/losses, opinions or trade speculation?

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter

Return to New York Knicks