ImageImageImageImageImage

OFFICIAL:I **** HATE DOLAN, THIS ORG, MELO, JR, ETC THREAD

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Re: OFFICIAL:I **** HATE DOLAN, THIS ORG, MELO, JR, ETC THRE 

Post#1341 » by siar617 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:39 am

If the Knicks win this year will you all be mad?
Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Post#1342 » by Mr_Perfect » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:21 am

siar617 wrote:If the Knicks win this year will you all be mad?

I'll be mad if you're still posting here by the end of the year.
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#1343 » by Bill Bradley » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:28 pm

Posters make this stupid comment every offseason. "If the Knicks have a great year blah blah blah". You make up a hypothetical so you can hypothetically feel superior.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#1344 » by 21shumpshumpst » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:

Posters make this stupid comment every offseason. "If the Knicks have a great year blah blah blah". You make up a hypothetical so you can hypothetically feel superior.

No it is not to feel superior. It is to see if people like you will whine no matter what. If that is the case there is no point in talking with those type of people any further because they will be miserable little negative people who are just here to complain regardless if we win or lose.
siar617
Analyst

Post#1345 » by siar617 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:11 pm

21shumpshumpst wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:

No it is not to feel superior. It is to see if people like you will whine no matter what. If that is the case there is no point in talking with those type of people any further because they will be miserable little negative people who are just here to complain regardless if we win or lose.

Thank you.
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 2,905

Post#1346 » by GettinitDone » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:53 am

21shumpshumpst wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:

I think you're exaggerating a bit here. I didn't see them whining during Linsanity or when we're winning blowing them out. They whine for a good reason. This team let a potential superstar walk.

You have 3 groups of people: the optimists (who like you see the positives and smile even when you're possibly being **** in the arse by the same guy for a decade and will never whine no matter we just replaced Lin with Felton, and even if we replace Felton with Duhon, I doubt they will ever whine), the realists (who cheer when good things happen, who whine when bad things happen), and the pessimists (who will always whine no matter what).

I think the majority people who whine in this thread are realists instead of pessimists. I do think the optimists are as annoying as the pessimists.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,537

Post#1347 » by cgmw » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:02 pm

EGarrett wrote:I summarize myself thusly: I like the city, the fans, the players, and the history. But I do not support James Dolan and never will.

I also agree with the guy who said that the fans should turn on him completely and start chanting stuff like "F**** You Dolan (clap clap clapclapclap)" loudly and viciously during games. If they make a habit of it and turn it really ugly, it may stop being fun for him and that's the only way you can get his greasy hairy fat little fingers off of the franchise.

Bringing back Isiah would INFURIATE fans, and they wouldn't direct that anger at Isiah.

Hypothetically, if on national TV during a playoff blowout loss 19,763 fans chanted at the top of their lungs "F*CK JIM DOLAN," I think that would cause enough pressure for the man to make some changes, perhaps even step aside from basketball operations.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,214

Post#1348 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:48 pm

**** YOU DOLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeremy Lin was recently asked which aspects of his game has he critiqued when examining film from last season.

"Definitely I find myself in the air too much," said Lin. "I need to stay on the ground and not get caught in bad situations. I have to cut down on lazy passes. Coach (Kevin) McHale calls them “same plane” passes where it’s one spot and I just fire in a direct line; I have to use more deception and different angles. Then I just have to solidify my left hand and dribbling and keeping guys from reaching in. Those things accounted for most of my turnovers last year."

Lin has also spent a lot of time watching film of other point guards.

"I’ve watched everybody and some of the names might be shocking, but the thing is every point guard does something better than me, so the key is learning from whatever that is. Players that I’ve watched – the obvious ones: Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Steve Nash, John Stockton, Gary Payton. And then you can go on to the ones who have very specialized skills: Juan Carlos Navarro and then Chris Duhon and Raymond Felton. They do things that are really, really good and better than me that other people might not see."

Lin was also asked how he will define whether the 12-13 season is successful.

"If we as a team can work as hard as we can, but also to build the right culture – that would be a success for me. Obviously we want to make the playoffs. But if we don’t make the playoffs, if we’re close to making the playoffs but we had a lot of adversity or injuries or different things that we had to get through, and we still manage to establish a good culture and build and get better – I think that’s a success."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... z279VeKsCa
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#1349 » by Phish Tank » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:10 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:James Dolan is a punk ass bitch. Hope he catches crabs.

someone should put some bath salts or molly in his water (since i remember he's a former alcoholic now) while he's at the garden.
siar617
Analyst

Post#1350 » by siar617 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:10 pm

Wow you really want a person to die? And you say you're not haters?
Seek medical attention.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User

Post#1351 » by 21shumpshumpst » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:56 pm

GettinitDone wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:

I think you're exaggerating a bit here. I didn't see them whining during Linsanity or when we're winning blowing them out. They whine for a good reason. This team let a potential superstar walk.

You have 3 groups of people: the optimists (who like you see the positives and smile even when you're possibly being **** in the arse by the same guy for a decade and will never whine no matter we just replaced Lin with Felton, and even if we replace Felton with Duhon, I doubt they will ever whine), the realists (who cheer when good things happen, who whine when bad things happen), and the pessimists (who will always whine no matter what).

I think the majority people who whine in this thread are realists instead of pessimists. I do think the optimists are as annoying as the pessimists.

Dude you are the farthest from a realist on this board. You have continously stated that LIn will be some sort of superstar putting up 22/9 next year. You know the two players who have put up those numbers? CP3/Deron that is it.

You also posted your ridiculous dream about JR saying how hard it is to guard lin after he drops 33/14/12 on us.

Please spare me your "oh I am a realist" act. You are the furthest from it.
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 2,905

Post#1352 » by GettinitDone » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:53 am

I'm a realist, you will see Lin average 22ppg, 9apg, 4rpg, 2spg, 3tpg this season. For now, let's just shut up.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,895

Post#1353 » by Woodsanity » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:16 am

I think 18/8/4/2 with 3 topg is likely for Lin next season. He is playing with mostly scrubs and rookies. Generally speaking the better players you have the lower your numbers will be and the worse players you have the higher your numbers will be.

However, 22/9 is very unlikely even on a bad team unless Lin puts up 22 on fairly low efficiency(shot jacks) and I just don't see that happening. He will also have to play very heavy minutes to put up those numbers imo.
Those are CP3/D.Will esque numbers. Of course putting up 21/9 on garbage efficiency and with 4 topg(D. Will last season) is a whole lot less impressive than 20/9 on great efficiency with only 2 topg(CP3).

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
siar617
Analyst

Post#1354 » by siar617 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:45 am

GettinitDone wrote:I'm a realist, you will see Lin average 22ppg, 9apg, 4rpg, 2spg, 3tpg this season. For now, let's just shut up.

Lests just put him in the hall of fame already.
manning79
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1355 » by manning79 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:13 pm

the start and end of linsanity in ny. it's totally insanity. but right now it’s just a dream. i love this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlGCIgHUElI
knicksnyk
Sixth Man
And1: 42

Post#1356 » by knicksnyk » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:57 pm

Woodsanity wrote:I think 18/8/4/2 with 3 topg is likely for Lin next season. He is playing with mostly scrubs and rookies. Generally speaking the better players you have the lower your numbers will be and the worse players you have the higher your numbers will be.

However, 22/9 is very unlikely even on a bad team unless Lin puts up 22 on fairly low efficiency(shot jacks) and I just don't see that happening. He will also have to play very heavy minutes to put up those numbers imo.
Those are CP3/D.Will esque numbers. Of course putting up 21/9 on garbage efficiency and with 4 topg(D. Will last season) is a whole lot less impressive than 20/9 on great efficiency with only 2 topg(CP3).

Ye I dont know where all this 20 & 9 stuff is coming from. I had him at 18 & 8 as well. If he can do 18 & 8 that would be pretty impressive.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User

Post#1357 » by 21shumpshumpst » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:10 pm

knicksnyk wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:I think 18/8/4/2 with 3 topg is likely for Lin next season. He is playing with mostly scrubs and rookies. Generally speaking the better players you have the lower your numbers will be and the worse players you have the higher your numbers will be.

Ye I dont know where all this 20 & 9 stuff is coming from. I had him at 18 & 8 as well. If he can do 18 & 8 that would be pretty impressive.

Are talking about 18/8 with good field % of him going allen iverson and scoring a lot because he is chucking?
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#1358 » by Quick Kick » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:52 pm

There is no way he averages 8apg with no scoring options on that team. I see him at like 13 and 4 shooting 41%. Rockets finish 30-52.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,895

Post#1359 » by Woodsanity » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:29 am

21shumpshumpst wrote:
knicksnyk wrote:

Are talking about 18/8 with good field % of him going allen iverson and scoring a lot because he is chucking?

18 points is not exactly a lot considering how bad his teammates are. He will have around the same efficiency as he had last season. Around 43%-47%. I don't understand how you could possibly chuck 18 points on a bad team. Its not really possible lol.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
EGarrett
Sixth Man
And1: 250

Post#1360 » by EGarrett » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:42 am

In other news the "frugal" Knicks are considering throwing some money at Rasheed Wallace.

***** these *****ing suits.

Return to New York Knicks