ImageImageImageImageImage

OFFICIAL:I **** HATE DOLAN, THIS ORG, MELO, JR, ETC THREAD

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GettinitDone
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,867

Re: OFFICIAL:I **** HATE DOLAN, THIS ORG, MELO, JR, ETC THRE 

Post#1461 » by GettinitDone » Wed Oct 3, 2012 4:27 am

lol a rookie GM making an unpopular decision by trading a superstar and getting so little in return, pressed for answer why, would be very very unlikely to give anything but the truth. It's not generic, it's the truth. AA is a high character guy who can change a team's selfish culture. The problem I have is? Lin is even a higher character guy and he has talent and chance to be a star unlike AA, which means Orlando should have wanted him a lot more than they wanted AA, and had we kept him, we could advertise him to Orlando as ultimate trade guy and Knicks could have realistically got DH12!!!
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,906

Post#1462 » by GONYK » Wed Oct 3, 2012 4:30 am

GettinitDone wrote:lol a rookie GM making an unpopular decision by trading a superstar and getting so little in return, pressed for answer why, would be very very unlikely to give anything but the truth. It's not generic, it's the truth. AA is a high character guy who can change a team's selfish culture. The problem I have is? Lin is even a higher character guy and he has talent and chance to be a star unlike AA, which means Orlando should have wanted him a lot more than they wanted AA, and had we kept him, we could advertise him to Orlando as ultimate trade guy and Knicks could have realistically got DH12!!!

6-5FromOKState
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#1463 » by 6-5FromOKState » Wed Oct 3, 2012 4:45 am

SmooveAndMelo wrote:
6-5FromOKState wrote:anyone with a freakin brain cell knows to win a chip you need to draft a superstar, even if he's your #2.

knicks haven't done that since 85.

no patience....and funny thing is, not that anyone cares, but NY is the EASIEST place to rebuild. ya make money no matter what. teams like the pacers probably can't afford to tank, we can...

This might be the stupidest **** I ever read.. Thanks.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH LMFAO. the f*ckin pansy n*gger ass f*g whose name is "smoovemelo" aka CLEAR MELO B*TCH ASS HOMER, is contesting a PERFECTLY eloquent and legit post by me b/c hes ASSHURT about something called the F*CKIN TRUTH.

the knicks suck and it is what it is homo. how much cash you sprung for seats at msg? you ever seen mj play there? how about duncan? malone? kidd? been in box seats? oh wait that was me.

oh right youre just some slackjawed sh*t talking (Please Use More Appropriate Word) whose on here EVERY SINGLE freakin day of your life talkingn NONSENSE BULLSH*T. you cant play ball, know NOTHING about basketball, have never even MET a player, been coached by ANYONE, and in the "streets" id 1-2 your face if you tried that smartass crap.

i am so SICK of the juvenile HORSESH*T on this site. i already feel bad for myself 3 days in and like 5 posts. the second i get banned (it'll be tonight trust me), ill breathe a sigh of relief. no more fake ethug wannabe assh*les giving me fake lip b/c i make a charged comment. lmfao. :lol:

to last here more than a week must take castration...
GettinitDone
Lead Assistant

Post#1464 » by GettinitDone » Wed Oct 3, 2012 4:46 am

LOOK AT WHAT MAGIC GOT: AA and SCRUBS

You mean you really think a package of AA and scrubs IS BETTER than Lin and scrubs??? Meaning, AA is better than Lin. A player who averaged 15ppg in his 6th season, possibly in his peak/ not getting better over a player who averaged 14ppg (which included 9 garbage-minute games as a second year player and a potential to be a star? I don't understand, WHAT DON'T YOU GET from this "If all Orlando is asking was AA and scrubs then I'm confident with my Lin and scrubs package offer"???
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,443

Post#1465 » by cgmw » Wed Oct 3, 2012 4:53 am

Well I guess 98 pages was a good run. Miss you, clyde_style. I tried to keep up a good fight, but this thread has gone to sh*t.

It does feel good knowing so many fellow fans share the sentiment.

F Dolan.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
6-5FromOKState
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#1466 » by 6-5FromOKState » Wed Oct 3, 2012 4:57 am

cgmw wrote:Well I guess 98 pages was a good run. Miss you, clyde_style. I tried to keep up a good fight, but this thread has gone to sh*t.

It does feel good knowing so many fellow fans share the sentiment.

F Dolan.

i hope thats not some BS sissy bullsh*t comment about what i said assh*le b/c this has nothing to do with you and nothigns "gone to ****" except for nonsensical comments like yours where I put ether on an idiot who deserves it for hijacking a post I made...
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,443

Post#1467 » by cgmw » Wed Oct 3, 2012 5:02 am

I just got called a sissy on the internet. Life's ambition accomplished. Constanza out!

"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Sideline Story
Sixth Man
And1: 9

Post#1468 » by Sideline Story » Wed Oct 3, 2012 7:04 am

You don't even have to go to games to be a big fan of the Knicks. In this day and age where people struggle just to make a living, you would also have to meet MJ just to be labeled as a fan? :lol:
GnarlesOakley
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Post#1469 » by GnarlesOakley » Thu Oct 4, 2012 5:58 pm

All the good posters who realize what a sham this organization is are dropping like flies. :(
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#1470 » by Quick Kick » Thu Oct 4, 2012 8:54 pm

GettinitDone wrote:LOOK AT WHAT MAGIC GOT: AA and SCRUBS

You mean you really think a package of AA and scrubs IS BETTER than Lin and scrubs??? Meaning, AA is better than Lin. A player who averaged 15ppg in his 6th season, possibly in his peak/ not getting better over a player who averaged 14ppg (which included 9 garbage-minute games as a second year player and a potential to be a star??

Yes. Proven > unproven anyday. Let Lin sustain Linsanity for several years. Get off that mediocre non-dribbling stumbling bums dick already, its disgusting.
GettinitDone
Lead Assistant

Post#1471 » by GettinitDone » Fri Oct 5, 2012 1:39 pm

^You'll know why, we just let a truly special player go. By the All Star break, he (Jeremy Lin is a true franchise superstar) will be in your signature. :)
BOOMbip
Banned User
And1: 170
Location: The views expressed are intended for entertaiment purposes only

Post#1472 » by BOOMbip » Fri Oct 5, 2012 3:04 pm

Aren't sign and trades severely limited under this CBA? I'm not sure the Knicks could have signed and traded Lin anyway.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Post#1473 » by seren » Fri Oct 5, 2012 3:07 pm

BOOMbip wrote:Aren't sign and trades severely limited under this CBA? I'm not sure the Knicks could have signed and traded Lin anyway.

You can't trade a player after matching his contract for a full year without his consent. Plus starting from next season, you can't S&T a player to a team over the luxury tax.

So the odds of doing a Howard - Lin trade was essentially zero.
BOOMbip
Banned User
And1: 170
Location: The views expressed are intended for entertaiment purposes only

Post#1474 » by BOOMbip » Fri Oct 5, 2012 3:11 pm

seren wrote:
BOOMbip wrote:Aren't sign and trades severely limited under this CBA? I'm not sure the Knicks could have signed and traded Lin anyway.

You can't trade a player after matching his contract for a full year without his consent. Plus starting from next season, you can't S&T a player to a team over the luxury tax.

So the odds of doing a Howard - Lin trade was essentially zero.

That's what I thought.... so it's a case of someone's factually incorrect wishful thinking being another reason to whine.....
manning79
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1475 » by manning79 » Fri Oct 5, 2012 11:11 pm

Just guessing....maybe lin is the last choice...they can't wait for him to grow up cause they have no time...
so they signed older guys rather than young talents. at least they have more experiences..
they want to WIN NOW ...before the expiration of the big three contracts
The gambling .. three-year period..

Return to New York Knicks