ImageImageImageImageImage

OFFICIAL:I **** HATE DOLAN, THIS ORG, MELO, JR, ETC THREAD

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,049

Re: OFFICIAL:I **** HATE DOLAN, THIS ORG, MELO, JR, ETC THRE 

Post#1381 » by GONYK » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:33 pm

EGarrett wrote:
GONYK wrote:
EGarrett wrote:You said they were signing minimum players to unguaranteed deals. This is completely false, then when called out on it you then shifted your argument.

I was talking about Smith, Copeland, Shurna and possibly Sheed.

You shifted the argument to Kidd and Camby, to which I replied, that even if you want to count them, they still cost less than Lin by himself.

Don't pretend you're talking about people other than the guys the Knicks signed in this same offseason. That's ridiculous. Your arguments are horrible.

The Knicks did sign those players this same offseason. Let's not forget that you are the one who brought up Sheed as being some financially reckless signing.

Why would I be comparing Kidd and Camby to a minimum signing like Rasheed. I'm lumping in Sheed with all the other minimum signings, which is why I said this:

EGarrett wrote:
GONYK wrote:
EGarrett wrote:In other news the "frugal" Knicks are considering throwing some money at Rasheed Wallace.

***** these *****ing suits.

You mean throwing the minimum amount legally allowed to be given to an NBA vet?
How many free agents will they have brought on this offseason if they do sign him?

GONYK wrote:
Who cares? They are allowed to have like up to 18 players in camp.

What are you getting at? Signing a bunch of minimum players to unguaranteed deals has nothing to do with Jeremy Lin

Keep up kid
GnarlesOakley
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Post#1382 » by GnarlesOakley » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:46 pm

Quote of the day from a future max cat:

JR Smith ‏@TheRealJRSmith

Look if y'all goin to come at me what y'all think I'm going todo? Sorry I'm not your average #NBAPLAYER
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1383 » by GONYK » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:10 pm

GnarlesOakley wrote:Quote of the day from a future max cat:

Look if y'all goin to come at me what y'all think I'm going todo? Sorry I'm not your average #NBAPLAYER

LOL

Too many people forget where these men came from. You get at them with no filter, they will come back at you. Professionalism be damned.

That sort of reminds of that dude in Dyckman Park that thought he could talk smack to Beasley, and Super Cool choked him out.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,542

Post#1384 » by cgmw » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:31 pm

GONYK wrote:
GnarlesOakley wrote:Quote of the day from a future max cat:

LOL

Too many people forget where these men came from. You get at them with no filter, they will come back at you. Professionalism be damned.

That sort of reminds of that dude in Dyckman Park that thought he could talk smack to Beasley, and Super Cool choked him out.

Ironically, I think Jim Dolan -- Mr. Silverspoon himself -- actually relates to JR. Relates to him a lot more than a kid who went to Harvard, did everything the right way, and worked his ass off to make his NBA fortune.

The prodigal f*ck up sons of Earl Senior and James Senior seem to have a nice little bond.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1385 » by GONYK » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:38 pm

cgmw wrote:
Ironically, I think Jim Dolan -- Mr. Silverspoon himself -- actually relates to JR. Relates to him a lot more than a kid who went to Harvard, did everything the right way, and worked his ass off to make his NBA fortune.

The prodigal f*ck up sons of Earl Senior and James Senior seem to have a nice little bond.

Then why are Dolan and Houston so close?

I think Dolan appreciates anyone who will take on the bunker mentality with him. Same goes with Isiah.

I'm not sure you can make the case that JR didn't work hard to make it into the NBA though. Ditto for Chris Smith.
bklynstoops
Head Coach
And1: 1,530

Post#1386 » by bklynstoops » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:39 pm

cgmw wrote:Ironically, I think Jim Dolan -- Mr. Silverspoon himself -- actually relates to JR. Relates to him a lot more than a kid who went to Harvard, did everything the right way, and worked his ass off to accomplish his NBA dream.

I don't know if he genuinely relates to him, but Jimmy does think of himself as a blues singer :lol: . I'm starting to think he does have some odd need to associate himself with men who grew up with a rough background.
bklynstoops
Head Coach
And1: 1,530

Post#1387 » by bklynstoops » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:48 pm

GONYK wrote:
cgmw wrote:Ironically, I think Jim Dolan -- Mr. Silverspoon himself -- actually relates to JR. Relates to him a lot more than a kid who went to Harvard, did everything the right way, and worked his ass off to make his NBA fortune.

Then why are Dolan and Houston so close?

I think Dolan appreciates anyone who will take on the bunker mentality with him. Same goes with Isiah.

that's true. it's an us-vs-them mentality that is bred from some insecurity and paranoia which he also displays with the media. not a great way to run a professional organization. creates dysfunction.
knicksnyk
Sixth Man
And1: 42

Post#1388 » by knicksnyk » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:28 pm

GONYK wrote:
knicksnyk wrote:jason kidd should not b getting paid 9 million dollars he should have taken the veterans minimum

Mark Cuban disagreed

lol because the dallas mavericks financial situation is completely identical to the Knicks financial situation??
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1389 » by GONYK » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:31 pm

knicksnyk wrote:
GONYK wrote:
knicksnyk wrote:jason kidd should not b getting paid 9 million dollars he should have taken the veterans minimum

Mark Cuban disagreed

lol because the dallas mavericks financial situation is completely identical to the Knicks financial situation??

What does it matter? Value is value.

Cuban felt Kidd deserved the same money we gave him. And this is the man that has seen Kidd night in and night out for 3 seasons
knicksnyk
Sixth Man
And1: 42

Post#1390 » by knicksnyk » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:39 pm

GONYK wrote:

Cuban felt Kidd deserved the same money we gave him. And this is the man that has seen Kidd night in and night out for 3 seasons

it isn't about value. these guys get paid millions to put a ball in a basket lol its a childs game & there all overpaid. it isn't about value it is about impact on the knicks financial situation.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1391 » by GONYK » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:42 pm

knicksnyk wrote:
GONYK wrote:

it isn't about value. these guys get paid millions to put a ball in a basket lol its a childs game & there all overpaid. it isn't about value it is about impact on the knicks financial situation.

It has no impact on our financial situation, since his contract expires along with everyone else's.
siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Post#1392 » by siar617 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:36 pm

GONYK wrote:
knicksnyk wrote:
GONYK wrote:

It has no impact on our financial situation, since his contract expires along with everyone else's.

Why use logic, haters are going to hate regardless. Don't you watch espn?
CU_NY09
Bench Warmer
And1: 84

Post#1393 » by CU_NY09 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:27 am

siar617 wrote:Why use logic, haters are going to hate regardless. Don't you watch espn?

:lol: coming from siar617.

You can still be a fan of your team even when you are critical of their decisions. IMO, fans have a vision of how the team should be run so we're not going to agree with Dolan/Grunwald all the time. It's a rollercoaster ride, some years i'm like HELL YEAH! and others i'm like WTF? It is what it is. It doesn't have anything to do with being a hater or wanting the team to fail.
clipse375
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#1394 » by clipse375 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:06 am

Wow 93 pages of proclaimed "Knicks fans" saying why they hate the Knicks. :lol:

Pathetic.
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 2,923

Post#1395 » by GettinitDone » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:02 am

^No you misread the thread title, it's not "Knicks".

Separate the beloved ballclub and the owner/ management scums.
Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Post#1396 » by Mr_Perfect » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:14 am

GettinitDone wrote:^No you misread the thread title, it's not "Knicks".

Separate the beloved ballclub and the owner/ management scums.

The only way to be a fan is to blindly support everything, apparently.
6-5FromOKState
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#1397 » by 6-5FromOKState » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:15 pm

anyone with a freakin brain cell knows to win a chip you need to draft a superstar, even if he's your #2.

knicks haven't done that since 85.

no patience....and funny thing is, not that anyone cares, but NY is the EASIEST place to rebuild. ya make money no matter what. teams like the pacers probably can't afford to tank, we can...
Sideline Story
Sixth Man
And1: 9

Post#1398 » by Sideline Story » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:35 pm

6-5FromOKState wrote:anyone with a freakin brain cell knows to win a chip you need to draft a superstar, even if he's your #2.

no patience....and funny thing is, not that anyone cares, but NY is the EASIEST place to rebuild. ya make money no matter what. teams like the pacers probably can't afford to tank, we can...

What's the difference between drafting a superstar and signing a superstar? You're still getting a superstar, ceteris paribus.

Edit: If we had drafted Amar'e, would that make our current chances to win a championship any better?
6-5FromOKState
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#1399 » by 6-5FromOKState » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:54 pm

Sideline Story wrote:
6-5FromOKState wrote:anyone with a freakin brain cell knows to win a chip you need to draft a superstar, even if he's your #2.

What's the difference between drafting a superstar and signing a superstar? You're still getting a superstar, ceteris paribus.

Edit: If we had drafted Amar'e, would that make our current chances to win a championship any better?

you name me on more than 5 fingers the # times that's happened and i'll give you my freakin laptop dude.

bron, shaq, and then who? wilt was traded, kareem traded, kg traded. trades happen, but it's fiscally easier and typically better to draft a superstar b/c of salary reasons, and having them length of career. its not a coincidence buddy - run down the list. you have a FAR better chance at drafting a star than signing one, so yea...

and amare ISNT and never HAS BEEN a "superstar". and yes had we drafted him are you serious? OF COURSE it would have made things better.
Sideline Story
Sixth Man
And1: 9

Post#1400 » by Sideline Story » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:44 pm

6-5FromOKState wrote:
Sideline Story wrote:

you name me on more than 5 fingers the # times that's happened and i'll give you my freakin laptop dude.

bron, shaq, and then who? wilt was traded, kareem traded, kg traded. trades happen, but it's fiscally easier and typically better to draft a superstar b/c of salary reasons, and having them length of career. its not a coincidence buddy - run down the list. you have a FAR better chance at drafting a star than signing one, so yea...

and amare ISNT and never HAS BEEN a "superstar". and yes had we drafted him are you serious? OF COURSE it would have made things better.

No, Amar'e isn't a superstar, I'm just asking for your opinion.

Your argument is on what the impact of a drafted player has financially. I'm speaking in terms of the talent of a player. Talent-wise, it makes no difference.

After we locked in Amar'e and Melo, people said we wouldn't be able to acquire solid complementary players due to our financial situation. Then we obtained Chandler, and that same statement was regurgitated even further.

However, we've actually built a solid team around our core with signings and through the draft, there's no question about that.

Return to New York Knicks