ImageImageImageImageImage

OFFICIAL:I **** HATE DOLAN, THIS ORG, MELO, JR, ETC THREAD

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Re: OFFICIAL:I **** HATE DOLAN, THIS ORG, MELO, JR, ETC THRE 

Post#1361 » by GONYK » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:49 am

EGarrett wrote:In other news the "frugal" Knicks are considering throwing some money at Rasheed Wallace.

***** these *****ing suits.

You mean throwing the minimum amount legally allowed to be given to an NBA vet?
red32
Sixth Man
And1: 303

Post#1362 » by red32 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:00 am

We still got room?!
EGarrett
Sixth Man
And1: 250

Post#1363 » by EGarrett » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:22 am

GONYK wrote:
EGarrett wrote:In other news the "frugal" Knicks are considering throwing some money at Rasheed Wallace.

How many free agents will they have brought on this offseason if they do sign him?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1364 » by GONYK » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:27 am

EGarrett wrote:
GONYK wrote:

How many free agents will they have brought on this offseason if they do sign him?

Who cares? They are allowed to have like up to 18 players in camp.

What are you getting at? Signing a bunch of minimum players to unguaranteed deals has nothing to do with Jeremy Lin
siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Post#1365 » by siar617 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:57 am

He's a Nets fan = being Canadian = second rate citizen.
EGarrett
Sixth Man

Post#1366 » by EGarrett » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:30 am

GONYK wrote:
EGarrett wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Who cares? They are allowed to have like up to 18 players in camp.

What are you getting at? Signing a bunch of minimum players to unguaranteed deals has nothing to do with Jeremy Lin

They're not signing people for the minimum. Kidd and Camby alone are making a combined 22 mill over 3 years, and now they're looking to continue adding salary. And Rasheed Wallace of all people.

siar617 wrote:He's a Nets fan = being Canadian = second rate citizen.

Oh really? :) And what makes James Dolan's team a first-rate organization?
siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Post#1367 » by siar617 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:27 pm

LOL I just wanted to say that. But you suck anyway :lol:
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1368 » by GONYK » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:25 pm

EGarrett wrote:They're not signing people for the minimum. Kidd and Camby alone are making a combined 22 mill over 3 years, and now they're looking to continue adding salary. And Rasheed Wallace of all people.

So they are getting multiple players for less than it would have cost to keep Lin? Sounds frugal to me.
knicksnyk
Sixth Man
And1: 42

Post#1369 » by knicksnyk » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:47 pm

jason kidd should not b getting paid 9 million dollars he should have taken the veterans minimum
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1370 » by GONYK » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:50 pm

knicksnyk wrote:jason kidd should not b getting paid 9 million dollars he should have taken the veterans minimum

Mark Cuban disagreed
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#1371 » by Quick Kick » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:27 pm

knicksnyk wrote:jason kidd should not b getting paid 9 million dollars he should have taken the veterans minimum

The hell you counting another mans money for? Thats some femenine shyt, bro.

Aaaaand...anyways.... Jasons earned every red cent. 18 years >>>> 18 games, if you wanna start talking about who deserves what.
Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Post#1372 » by Mr_Perfect » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:14 am

Quick Kick wrote:

The hell you counting another mans money for? Thats some femenine shyt, bro.

Aaaaand...anyways.... Jasons earned every red cent. 18 years >>>> 18 games, if you wanna start talking about who deserves what.

Yes, let's pay a guy for what he did 10 years ago and not for his current production. You sure you didn't study at the Isiah Thomas School of Management?
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#1373 » by Quick Kick » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:37 am

Kidd averaged 11, 6 and 6 five months ago. Playing starter minutes against arguably the fastest PG in the league. Not a very intelligent response.
EGarrett
Sixth Man

Post#1374 » by EGarrett » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:30 pm

GONYK wrote:
EGarrett wrote:They're not signing people for the minimum. Kidd and Camby alone are making a combined 22 mill over 3 years, and now they're looking to continue adding salary. And Rasheed Wallace of all people.

So they are getting multiple players for less than it would have cost to keep Lin? Sounds frugal to me.
Nope. They're multi-year guaranteed deals for guys who barely have a year of usability left. Try not to base your beliefs on things you make-up out of the blue.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1375 » by GONYK » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:46 pm

EGarrett wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Nope. They're multi-year guaranteed deals for guys who barely have a year of usability left. Try not to base your beliefs on things you make-up out of the blue.

I'm not. You're jumping around with your argument now. Here is what you said:

We got 2, potentially 3, players for what we would have had to pay Lin. That is frugality if I've ever seen it.

You have some illogical point that you're trying to make, about how Kidd, Camby, and Sheed are related to Lin, but you're wrong.

No matter how you slice it, we are getting those guys for the same price as Lin's deal, and that is very frugal.
postcall
Sixth Man
And1: 538

Post#1376 » by postcall » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:31 am

Its not frugality its paying for mediocrity. Calling the Knicks frugal lol. Wait till JR gets a massive deal next summer. We could have had most of those guys AND Lin. At the very least we could have tried to keep him for a year and then attempted to get assets in return. We will have one of the worst backcourts in the NBA for a long time(three years) since we have no room left against a cap...we are already paying taxes dude. We have a terrible front office and Dolan has the Worst record of any NBA owner since taking over. Please regale us with more tales of the frugal Knicks.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1377 » by GONYK » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:34 am

postcall wrote:Its not frugality its paying for mediocrity. Calling the Knicks frugal lol. Wait till JR gets a massive deal next summer. We could have had most of those guys AND Lin. At the very least we could have tried to keep him for a year and then attempted to get assets in return. We will have one of the worst backcourts in the NBA for a long time(three years) since we have no room left against a cap...we are already paying taxes dude. We have a terrible front office and Dolan has the Worst record of any NBA owner since taking over. Please regale us with more tales of the frugal Knicks.

I didn't call the Knicks frugal first. He did.

All I was doing that pointing out giving Rasheed Wallace a minimum contract doesn't make the Knicks not frugal.

I don't think Jeremy Lin was let go over frugality. I think we never intended to keep him in the first place, and his huge PP contract made the decision easier.
EGarrett
Sixth Man

Post#1378 » by EGarrett » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:23 pm

GONYK wrote:
EGarrett wrote:
GONYK wrote:So they are getting multiple players for less than it would have cost to keep Lin? Sounds frugal to me.

I'm not. You're jumping around with your argument now. Here is what you said:

We got 2, potentially 3, players for what we would have had to pay Lin. That is frugality if I've ever seen it.

You have some illogical point that you're trying to make, about how Kidd, Camby, and Sheed are related to Lin, but you're wrong.

No matter how you slice it, we are getting those guys for the same price as Lin's deal, and that is very frugal.

You said they were signing minimum players to unguaranteed deals. This is completely false, then when called out on it you then shifted your argument.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1379 » by GONYK » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:26 pm

EGarrett wrote:You said they were signing minimum players to unguaranteed deals. This is completely false, then when called out on it you then shifted your argument.

I was talking about Smith, Copeland, Shurna and possibly Sheed.

You shifted the argument to Kidd and Camby, to which I replied, that even if you want to count them, they still cost less than Lin by himself.
EGarrett
Sixth Man

Post#1380 » by EGarrett » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:29 pm

GONYK wrote:
EGarrett wrote:You said they were signing minimum players to unguaranteed deals. This is completely false, then when called out on it you then shifted your argument.

I was talking about Smith, Copeland, Shurna and possibly Sheed.

You shifted the argument to Kidd and Camby, to which I replied, that even if you want to count them, they still cost less than Lin by himself.

Don't pretend you're talking about people other than the guys the Knicks signed in this same offseason. That's ridiculous. Your arguments are horrible.

Return to New York Knicks