ImageImageImageImageImage

Up-to-date Salary for the knicks

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Knickstape1214, Brooklyn_Yards, Thorn, j4remi, GONYK, Thugger HBC, mrpoetryNmotion, NoLayupRule

jonny31623
Senior
Posts: 526
And1: 122
Joined: Sep 03, 2010
         

Up-to-date Salary for the knicks 

Post#1 » by jonny31623 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:31 pm

http://www.hoopsworld.com/new-york-knicks-team-salary/

They just updated this and im a bit of a numbers guy so i figured if you guys wanted to see the updated version i found that they just finished it recently.

I thought it was nice to finally see what picks we do or do not have. We are only screwed in 2016 when Denver can swap 1st rounders with us, other then that its not so bad. Just a couple of 2nd rounder switchers here and there. I thought it was a lot worse than that after the whole tmac thing, i was getting ready to see 2028 pick assigned to Houston or some **** like that.

I also didnt know that we can trade guys like camby and felton right off the bat. It says in the notes section that they are eligible for trade 9/11/12 and 9/17/12, i guess thats because they were signed and traded as opposed to kidd who was just outright signed. Not that we are going to trade them, but just nice to learn something new.

Pisses me off that i still see balkmans name there lol.

I had nooo idea prigioni was getting paid that little. I thought for sure he would get atleast what brewer was getting but i didnt realize he is on a rookie contract. Nice little snag for us.

I also didnt realize we front loaded novaks contract, probably smart. In 2014-2015 his salary goes down, grunnie is prbly planning something there... hehe

Cambys contract isnt guaranteed in the 3rd year, which we all knew, but still nice to see what is or isnt guaranteed.

All in all i think we are set up nicely for this next 3 yrs and after that i feel like we can just sign melo tyson and shumpert and rebuild off those 3 again.
bronxknicksfan1
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,399
And1: 20
Joined: Feb 01, 2011

Re: Up-to-date Salary for the knicks 

Post#2 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:38 pm

We have our 2013-2015 picks? I'm surprised.
User avatar
CoolKids
RealGM
Posts: 12,610
And1: 1,331
Joined: Feb 17, 2009
Location: The Bronx
     

Re: Up-to-date Salary for the knicks 

Post#3 » by CoolKids » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:40 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:We have our 2013-2015 picks? I'm surprised.

You arent allowed to trade 1st round picks in consecutive years
New York Knicks


PG: Damian Lillard/ Aaron Brooks/ Delon Wright
SG: Alec Burks/ Rodney Hood/Delon Wright
SF: Kyle Korver/ Jeff Green/Rodney Hood
PF: Tim Duncan/ Brandan Wright/Jeff Green
C: Gorgui Dieng/Tim Duncan/Miles Plumlee/Robert Sacre
User avatar
islanders11040
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,941
And1: 1,171
Joined: Jun 16, 2008
Location: New York
       

Re: Up-to-date Salary for the knicks 

Post#4 » by islanders11040 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:07 pm

im pretty sure we traded our 2014 first rounder to denver in melo trade on top of denver being able to exchange pics in 2016. someone should confirm this
jonny31623
Senior
Posts: 526
And1: 122
Joined: Sep 03, 2010
         

Re: Up-to-date Salary for the knicks 

Post#5 » by jonny31623 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:09 pm

islanders11040 wrote:im pretty sure we traded our 2014 first rounder to denver in melo trade on top of denver being able to exchange pics in 2016. someone should confirm this


Yea i also thought for sureeee we traded the 2014 pick. I think it has to do with top 5 or top 10 protected. From what i remember if it was a top 5 or top 10 then it would move to 2016, something like that. Someone should definately confirm though.
User avatar
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 40,480
And1: 3,481
Joined: Dec 06, 2002
Location: Playoffs Fool!
Contact:

Re: Up-to-date Salary for the knicks 

Post#6 » by NoLayupRule » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:14 pm

I remembered something about swapping picks but this is what Ive found:


Anthony is headed to New York along with Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman. The Nuggets will receive Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari and Timofey Mozgov. Denver also gets the Knicks' 2014 first-round pick, the Golden State Warriors' 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors' 2013 second-round pick and $3 million in cash.


and


The price for Anthony was steep, as the Knicks traded Danilo Gallinari, Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler and rookie center Timofey Mozgov to the Denver Nuggets. They also gave Denver $3 million in cash plus a 2014 first-round pick and two second-round picks they had acquired from Golden State in last summer's sign-and-trade with David Lee.


and


The Knicks also got guards Chauncey Billups and Anthony Carter, and forwards Renaldo Balkman and Shelden Williams from Denver. New York dealt forwards Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari, guard Raymond Felton and center Timofey Mozgov to the Nuggets.

New York also shipped centers Eddy Curry and Anthony Randolph to Minnesota for forward Corey Brewer. Denver acquired center Kosta Koufos from Minnesota, plus New York's first-round draft pick in 2014, second-round picks in 2012 and 2013 and cash.




I see no pick swap options
User avatar
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 40,480
And1: 3,481
Joined: Dec 06, 2002
Location: Playoffs Fool!
Contact:

Re: Up-to-date Salary for the knicks 

Post#7 » by NoLayupRule » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:16 pm

ok, apparently the final word here:


NUGGETS RECEIVE

Danilo Gallinari. The Knicks' 2008 lottery pick -- the first of Donnie Walsh's New York tenure and long seen as D'Antoni's chosen star -- will move across the country to attempt to replace 'Melo. Good luck. Gallinari is much more of a shooter than Anthony, but is (if you can believe it) a worse defender and rebounder. See more on what Gallinari offers the Nuggets.

Wilson Chandler. Chandler was a Knick before Walsh and D'Antoni arrived, and existed in an odd suspended state over the years. He looks to find his NBA destiny in Denver, or wherever he lands in free agency. See more on Chandler.

Timofey Mozgov. The Russian rookie was a last-minute sticking point in the trade negotiations, but Denver managed to pry his four points and three rebounds a game from the Knicks. Will he have a major role in Denver with Nene and Chris Andersen in place?

Raymond Felton. Just months ago, Felton was getting legit push for an All-Star spot. So much for that. Felton went into a prolonged shooting slump, and eventually became trade bait in the 'Melo derby. He looks to rent the starting point guard spot in Denver until Ty Lawson is ready to take over. But once that happens, plenty of teams will look to add Felton's solid play. See more on Felton.

Knicks' 2014 first-round pick. Who knows how valuable this will be once 2014 comes around. No one! That's who!

Two second-round picks. These are like the free samples a coffee shop hands out. "Thanks, I guess."

$3 million cash. The Knicks hand out cash like it's ... a free sample at a coffee shop.
knicksnyk
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,708
And1: 42
Joined: Jun 12, 2012

Re: Up-to-date Salary for the knicks 

Post#8 » by knicksnyk » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:17 pm

does anybody know how and if we can acquire cp3?? i was lead to believe that we cannot
User avatar
albert
Veteran
Posts: 2,796
And1: 26
Joined: Jul 14, 2006

Re: Up-to-date Salary for the knicks 

Post#9 » by albert » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:18 pm

From Realgm's page - http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/ ... s/detailed

2016 first round draft pick to Denver
Denver has the right to swap it's own 2016 1st round pick with New York's own 2016 1st round pick. [Denver - Minnesota - New York, 2/22/2011]
User avatar
islanders11040
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,941
And1: 1,171
Joined: Jun 16, 2008
Location: New York
       

Re: Up-to-date Salary for the knicks 

Post#10 » by islanders11040 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:26 pm

albert wrote:From Realgm's page - http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/ ... s/detailed

2016 first round draft pick to Denver
Denver has the right to swap it's own 2016 1st round pick with New York's own 2016 1st round pick. [Denver - Minnesota - New York, 2/22/2011]

you didnt post this part
2014 first round draft pick to Denver
New York's own 2014 first round pick to Denver. [Denver - Minnesota - New York, 2/22/2011]

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/ ... z23RMFLjMx
User avatar
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 40,480
And1: 3,481
Joined: Dec 06, 2002
Location: Playoffs Fool!
Contact:

Re: Up-to-date Salary for the knicks 

Post#11 » by NoLayupRule » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:43 pm

interesting

none of the sites I saw had that swap

but a swap is no biggie as we saw with Houston, unless we totally suck as happened with Chi


2016 is a long way away but we clearly have to keep our focus on winning and then it won't be an issue at all
jonny31623
Senior
Posts: 526
And1: 122
Joined: Sep 03, 2010
         

Re: Up-to-date Salary for the knicks 

Post#12 » by jonny31623 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:48 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:interesting

none of the sites I saw had that swap

but a swap is no biggie as we saw with Houston, unless we totally suck as happened with Chi


2016 is a long way away but we clearly have to keep our focus on winning and then it won't be an issue at all


yea i agree.. just looking at it, i just have the feeling that shump tyson and melo are locks to stay on this team past the next 3 years. If i was a betting man i would say JR as well. Felton, Amare, Novak, and the rest are really up in the air. Camby and kidd will be retired.

I say a core of melo tyson and shump should be about 35 mill after these next 3 yrs. Then we have about 25-35 mill to fill out the rest of the team plus w/e rookies we can snag on a rookie deal.

lol thats looking way ahead of time but still nice to see we have a core set up. I guess we should enjoy these 3 years first then worry about that later.
seren
RealGM
Posts: 19,966
And1: 657
Joined: Jul 21, 2002

Re: Up-to-date Salary for the knicks 

Post#13 » by seren » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:50 pm

Swap is there and it may be a big deal at that time. As of now, the only two players under contract in 2015-16 are Steve Novak and Raymond Felton.
jonny31623
Senior
Posts: 526
And1: 122
Joined: Sep 03, 2010
         

Re: Up-to-date Salary for the knicks 

Post#14 » by jonny31623 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:52 pm

seren wrote:Swap is there and it may be a big deal at that time. As of now, the only two players under contract in 2015-16 are Steve Novak and Raymond Felton.


Yea they are under contract, but the way there contracts are set up, it just feels like they are set up to be traded down the road as expirings. Dare i say cp3? lol let me stop.

Those two guys i dont think will be on this team past next year. Just my guy feeling. Novaks contract feels set up for a trade, so does feltons.
User avatar
Deeeez Knicks
RealGM
Posts: 20,573
And1: 3,960
Joined: Nov 12, 2004
Location: Bar stool
   

Re: Up-to-date Salary for the knicks 

Post#15 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:30 pm

what will be traded first? our 2017 pick or Shumpert?
User avatar
Fury
RealGM
Posts: 12,418
And1: 2,662
Joined: Mar 07, 2007
       

Re: Up-to-date Salary for the knicks 

Post#16 » by Fury » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Both. Shumpert for Manu Ginobili (in 2 years) and a 2017 throw in.
User avatar
CoolKids
RealGM
Posts: 12,610
And1: 1,331
Joined: Feb 17, 2009
Location: The Bronx
     

Re: Up-to-date Salary for the knicks 

Post#17 » by CoolKids » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:what will be traded first? our 2017 pick or Shumpert?

New York Knicks


PG: Damian Lillard/ Aaron Brooks/ Delon Wright
SG: Alec Burks/ Rodney Hood/Delon Wright
SF: Kyle Korver/ Jeff Green/Rodney Hood
PF: Tim Duncan/ Brandan Wright/Jeff Green
C: Gorgui Dieng/Tim Duncan/Miles Plumlee/Robert Sacre
Quick Kick
Banned User
Posts: 3,855
And1: 120
Joined: Apr 14, 2012
Location: Duval County by way of the Bronx

Re: Up-to-date Salary for the knicks 

Post#18 » by Quick Kick » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:06 pm

Fury wrote:Both. Shumpert for Manu Ginobili (in 2 years) and a 2017 throw in.

Aka The Isaiah Deluxe Special
User avatar
Fury
RealGM
Posts: 12,418
And1: 2,662
Joined: Mar 07, 2007
       

Re: Up-to-date Salary for the knicks 

Post#19 » by Fury » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:10 pm

Quick Kick wrote:
Fury wrote:Both. Shumpert for Manu Ginobili (in 2 years) and a 2017 throw in.

Aka The Isaiah Deluxe Special


The Mega Deluxe 2nd rounder and cash.
Raptors:

PG: Tony Parker/Jeremy Lin
SG: Kevin Martin/Evan Turner
SF: Harrison Barnes/Nicolas Batum
PF: David West/Myles Turner/Kelly Olynyk
C: Andrew Bogut/Jusuf Nurkic/Nikola Jokic
User avatar
greenhughes
RealGM
Posts: 22,580
And1: 6,805
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: Who runs the world? Girls! Yeah, I said it.
   

Re: Up-to-date Salary for the knicks 

Post#20 » by greenhughes » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:15 pm

jonny31623 wrote:http://www.hoopsworld.com/new-york-knicks-team-salary/

They just updated this and im a bit of a numbers guy so i figured if you guys wanted to see the updated version i found that they just finished it recently.

I thought it was nice to finally see what picks we do or do not have. We are only screwed in 2016 when Denver can swap 1st rounders with us, other then that its not so bad. Just a couple of 2nd rounder switchers here and there. I thought it was a lot worse than that after the whole tmac thing, i was getting ready to see 2028 pick assigned to Houston or some **** like that.

I also didnt know that we can trade guys like camby and felton right off the bat. It says in the notes section that they are eligible for trade 9/11/12 and 9/17/12, i guess thats because they were signed and traded as opposed to kidd who was just outright signed. Not that we are going to trade them, but just nice to learn something new.

Pisses me off that i still see balkmans name there lol.

I had nooo idea prigioni was getting paid that little. I thought for sure he would get atleast what brewer was getting but i didnt realize he is on a rookie contract. Nice little snag for us.

I also didnt realize we front loaded novaks contract, probably smart. In 2014-2015 his salary goes down, grunnie is prbly planning something there... hehe

Cambys contract isnt guaranteed in the 3rd year, which we all knew, but still nice to see what is or isnt guaranteed.

All in all i think we are set up nicely for this next 3 yrs and after that i feel like we can just sign melo tyson and shumpert and rebuild off those 3 again.


I thought Denver had more 1st rounders from us...

I feel better about that Melo trade.
San Antonio Spurs: BAT 13.0

PG-M.Carter-Williams/R.Rubio/A.Miller
SG-E.Gordon/D.Booker/J.Harris
SF-K.Middleton/O.Porter/J.Tokoto
PF-R.Anderson/C.Frye/D.Powell
C-N.Noel/B.Biyombo/K.Garnett

Return to New York Knicks