ImageImageImageImageImage

Don't sell them short.. Knicks can take the #1 seed

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Re: Don't sell them short.. Knicks can take the #1 seed 

Post#61 » by Falstaffxx » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:21 pm

omerome wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:It is delusional. It's not an "insult." It's truly delusional.

So if the Knicks do get the #1 seed, what would you say about that?

You understand what "delusional" means right? One definition is "someone who thinks the Knicks have a chance in the world at the number one seed."
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#62 » by Quick Kick » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:23 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
Now I wish we never made the Carmelo trade. I'd rather watch that team win 40 games and be thinking about the future than watch this current squad win 48.

Chill. I'll take more wins over less wins any year. Losing sucks.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#63 » by Falstaffxx » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:24 pm

Quick Kick wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:
Now I wish we never made the Carmelo trade. I'd rather watch that team win 40 games and be thinking about the future than watch this current squad win 48.

Chill. I'll take more wins over less wins any year. Losing sucks.

We're still losing, just a little less and in a more annoying way. We are also locked into this mess for 3 years.
kakaman
Banned User
And1: 665

Post#64 » by kakaman » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Why would you be a #1 seed? Hasn't the #1 seed not won a championship in like 15 years?
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,739

Post#65 » by omerome » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:It's necessary negativity. You're the one slapping an "unnecessary" tag on it. What, I have to take a break until the team sucks for the 13th year in a row? Come midseason, everyone will be jumping off the delusional bandwagon they're on right now.

Well posting your negativity isn't helping things here; it's unnecessary. You're just rehashing the same stuff on the threads dedicated to your views. And I have read these same responses time and time again and it's annoying. If you don't like the team right now, I really think it's healthy to step away a bit. Posting your hatred for the franchise for the millionth time isn't going to change anything. I think at this point, most of us knows where you stand.

I've been through the horrible times like you have so I understand your disappointment. I hated the fact that we let Lin go and gave up a lot to get Melo. I wasn't a fan of it either but I moved on. I still will root for the Knicks and stay positive until I longer have a reason to. My love of this team goes past the players. There is no other team I would consider becoming a fan of.

If mid-season we're a disappointment, I will still root for the team. A bit upset none the less, but my fandom won't diminish.
Quick Kick
Banned User

Post#66 » by Quick Kick » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:28 pm

We're losing a lot less, man. We made the playoffs the last two years. Its better than being a perennial 23 game winning club while our GM sexually assaults ogre looking MSG employees. Ill take what we got now over that crap 10/10 times.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#67 » by Falstaffxx » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:29 pm

omerome wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:It's necessary negativity. You're the one slapping an "unnecessary" tag on it. What, I have to take a break until the team sucks for the 13th year in a row? Come midseason, everyone will be jumping off the delusional bandwagon they're on right now.

Well posting your negativity isn't helping things here; it's unnecessary. You're just rehashing the same stuff on the threads dedicated to your views. And I have read these same responses time and time again and it's annoying. If you don't like the team right now, I really think it's healthy to step away a bit. Posting your hatred for the franchise for the millionth time isn't going to change anything. I think at this point, most of us knows where you stand.

I've been through the horrible times like you have so I understand your disappointment. I hated the fact that we let Lin go and gave up a lot to get Melo. I wasn't a fan of it either but I moved on. I still will root for the Knicks and stay positive until I longer have a reason to. My love of this team goes past the players. There is no other team I would consider becoming a fan of.

If mid-season we're a disappointment, I will still root for the team. A bit upset none the less, but my fandom won't diminish.

It's "unecessary?" It's reality. And at least I'm rehashing things said in past couple months, not rehashing things people have been delusionally saying for the past 10 years.
omerome
RealGM

Post#68 » by omerome » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:29 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
omerome wrote:

You understand what "delusional" means right? One definition is "someone who thinks the Knicks have a chance in the world at the number one seed."

The Knicks have a chance at it. It may be a small one but who knows what can happen. This is sports. We have seen stranger things happen.

If you don't believe we will, fine. But don't go calling someone's opinion delusional because it's different than yours.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#69 » by Falstaffxx » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:30 pm

Quick Kick wrote:We're losing a lot less, man. We made the playoffs the last two years. Its better than being a perennial 23 game winning club while our GM sexually assaults ogre looking MSG employees. Ill take what we got now over that crap 10/10 times.

Crap is crap. The current Knicks are crap.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#70 » by Falstaffxx » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:31 pm

omerome wrote:
If you don't believe we will, fine. But don't go calling someone's opinion delusional because it's different than yours.

Is there any circumstance, in your eyes, in which is acceptable to call someone delusional? Because this seems like a good example of one.
Quick Kick
Banned User

Post#71 » by Quick Kick » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:32 pm

Youre only saying that because we let that overhyped punk Lin go. Who cares about him? He'll be a distant memory in 18 months.
ORANGEandBLUE
RealGM
And1: 1,334

Post#72 » by ORANGEandBLUE » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:32 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
GettinitDone wrote:I agree with OP and I believe we can too. We have the ingredients, it's time to cook some thing great.

That's what we DON'T have. See my post above. The Heat are the ones who have "the ingredients."

And yet they haven't gotten the #1 seed the past two years.
E86
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,060

Post#73 » by E86 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:33 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:
ORANGEandBLUE wrote:
knicksnyk wrote:I am trying not to sound like an a.ss but this is silly. You seriously see the Knicks going from a barely 7th seed to a 1 seed in one season? Come on. It sounds absurd when u say it out loud. Miami has an easier schedule than us & there division is not as strong as ours is. We have a pg coming off a career worst year, another pg who has lost a step & another pg that nobody knew at all before & is a 34 year old rookie. & sure Miami coasted in teh reg season but they did it all the way to a 2 seed. way to delusional.

Indy went from 8 to 3 from 2011 to 2012 without any major roster changes.

Indy is a young up and coming team. Knicks are literally the oldest team in the league. Big difference.

oh, you! lmao. that is such a misleading and agenda driven statement it's ridiculous.

you guys....
omerome
RealGM

Post#74 » by omerome » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:34 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:It's "unecessary?" It's reality. And at least I'm rehashing things said in past couple months, not rehashing things people have been delusionally saying for the past 10 years.

Yes it is. The reality is, no one really knows what this team is capable of until they play. They can impress you or they can disappoint you. I prefer to believe they will impress. Optimism is what keeps me as a fan.

Your opinion is still your opinion.
ORANGEandBLUE
RealGM
And1: 1,334

Post#75 » by ORANGEandBLUE » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:35 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:It's "unecessary?" It's reality. And at least I'm rehashing things said in past couple months, not rehashing things people have been delusionally saying for the past 10 years.

Why do people keep bringing up the Layden-Isiah years as a reason for why this current team will suck? You're gonna need to flesh this out for me. Are the Pistons going to do better than us cause they've had a better winning % the last decade?
omerome
RealGM

Post#76 » by omerome » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:36 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
omerome wrote:

Is there any circumstance, in your eyes, in which is acceptable to call someone delusional? Because this seems like a good example of one.

Yes, and this isn't an example.

The OP said, "Don't sell them short.. Knicks can take the #1 seed."

What's wrong with saying "can?"

Delusional would be, "Don't sell them short.. Knicks will sweep the Heat if we face them in the playoffs and win the championship."
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#77 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:37 pm

ORANGEandBLUE wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:How did this become a Lin thread?

Sent from my Asus TR700T-B1-GR using Xparent Sky Blue Tapatalk 2

Just be glad it's not a melo thread. yet.

Melo is on the team though.

R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
E86
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,060

Post#78 » by E86 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:38 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
omerome wrote:

A delusion is thinking you can predict the future. Reality is every team starts at 0-0. A delusion would be thinking the Knicks will make the top spot in the east with 15 games left in the season and 20 games out of it. What the OP is doing is optimistic speculation. You're just an a-hole.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#79 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Delusion is thinking this thread was gonna stay positive.

R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
GettinitDone
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,867

Post#80 » by GettinitDone » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
GettinitDone wrote:I agree with OP and I believe we can too. We have the ingredients, it's time to cook some thing great.

That's what we DON'T have. See my post above. The Heat are the ones who have "the ingredients."

It could or it could not work. Camby, KT and Kidd are old as hell. Felton was trash Portland was too happy to unload him. But we're not asking Melo or Amare to win it by themselves. We have quiet a number of guys who have different forte and whose each contribution can lead to collective team success. Think Mavs 2 years ago, experts said they'd lose in first round, but a collective team effort, led by vets who (at that point) had not won a ring, their hunger unified them and they had a common goal.

It is that hunger and the belief "we can" from vets (Camby, KT) who can really make us special imo. We're deep, so minutes are going to be spread and noone is going to have to play 40mins. Hopefully by going deep, we're going to share wealth too (ball sharing, etc). This will make us less injury prone and keep our health intact, and keep the "team" theme among players, coaches, and that **** owner.

I love Lin, I think with him we'd be SUREFIRE title contenders. He learns rapidly and puts his team interest ahead of his own and has a knack of making everyone follow that model and vision. Felton was a bust last year, but imo there's good chance he'd be motivated to play his best ball if in return he gets Ws and imo there will be pressure from the old vets who don't want no BS this year, including from him. He'd have to be a total **** to show up the same guy he was last year this season.

Return to New York Knicks