ImageImageImageImageImage

[Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6)

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Knickstape1214, Brooklyn_Yards, Thorn, j4remi, GONYK, Thugger HBC, mrpoetryNmotion, NoLayupRule

User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 30,603
And1: 6,653
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Law School
   

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#161 » by Knickstape1214 » Wed Jan 2, 2013 12:34 am

my bad. carry on then haha.
I believe in KRIST(APS) PORZINGOD

Quote of the week

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Yea and their are also scientists who believe in the big bang theory.
User avatar
Stannis
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 7,454
And1: 597
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Location: United States
     

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#162 » by Stannis » Wed Jan 2, 2013 11:20 am

Knickstape1214,

Have you tried to apply for scholarships?

From this board, you seem like a smart person. Plus, you go to Vanderbilt. I am sure you can get at least a few hundred dollars. Applying for scholarships can be a pain, but it beats knowing the fact that you have to pay full tuition from you pocket.

21shumpshumpst wrote:I was being sarcastic but it went over shpatis head. Shpati was being sarcastic to my sarcasm not sure why.

You know why.
Image
User avatar
CoolKids
RealGM
Posts: 12,606
And1: 1,328
Joined: Feb 17, 2009
Location: The Bronx
     

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#163 » by CoolKids » Thu Jan 3, 2013 9:31 am

21shumpshumpst wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:does anyone have information on getting a student loan without a co-signer? fasfa won't really help because you need to put in parent information and demonstrate need...

Image

New York Knicks


PG: Damian Lillard/ Aaron Brooks/ Delon Wright
SG: Alec Burks/ Rodney Hood/Delon Wright
SF: Kyle Korver/ Jeff Green/Rodney Hood
PF: Tim Duncan/ Brandan Wright/Jeff Green
C: Gorgui Dieng/Tim Duncan/Miles Plumlee/Robert Sacre
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 30,603
And1: 6,653
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Law School
   

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#164 » by Knickstape1214 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 3:59 pm

How do you get a credit card?
I believe in KRIST(APS) PORZINGOD

Quote of the week

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Yea and their are also scientists who believe in the big bang theory.
User avatar
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 37,115
And1: 5,792
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#165 » by Thugger HBC » Fri Jan 4, 2013 4:29 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:How do you get a credit card?

I dont think you can without income of your own, but what i would suggest if you have a checking account, try the bank you bank with by speaking to a rep face to face.

The main thing though is you'll have to prove you can pay the bill and handle the limit.

Also stay away from the ones that are titled "student cards", they are not what they used to be, especially with the higher interest rate, although some are great with cash back option.

My son picked the Captial One Journey, he likes it doesn't keep a high balance, but the interest rate is high at 19%.

He got approved for a $1500 credit limit, but he does work at my shop, so he has income for it.
Image
User avatar
Emmanuel Mudiay
General Manager
Posts: 7,862
And1: 929
Joined: Aug 04, 2009

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#166 » by Emmanuel Mudiay » Fri Jan 4, 2013 8:16 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:How do you get a credit card?

Got to a credit card company's website and apply. Some send you an application by mail and others it's online.

As long as you have have good credit they'll hound you with offers.
Formerly Crazyknicks
User avatar
Knicker23
General Manager
Posts: 9,495
And1: 127
Joined: Apr 24, 2010

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#167 » by Knicker23 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 9:35 pm

ugly brawl in restaurant. Never understood how people can sit idly by and laugh while this is going on.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v ... TTCpe7w3SB
User avatar
Stannis
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 7,454
And1: 597
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Location: United States
     

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#168 » by Stannis » Fri Jan 4, 2013 10:48 pm

Knicker23 wrote:ugly brawl in restaurant. Never understood how people can sit idly by and laugh while this is going on.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v ... TTCpe7w3SB

Damn, that was ugly. Those people were like a bunch of wild animals.

EDIT: And :lol: @ that old security guard.
Image
User avatar
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
Posts: 21,199
And1: 2,294
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
Location: I bet against Kemba Walker and lost

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#169 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat Jan 5, 2013 1:49 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:How do you get a credit card?

Get an Amazon card. They give them to everyone. Build up your credit from there to apply for more.
"Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time" #MoveSmoove
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
Posts: 2,654
And1: 36
Joined: Aug 14, 2012

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#170 » by 21shumpshumpst » Sun Jan 6, 2013 7:06 pm

Knicker23 wrote:ugly brawl in restaurant. Never understood how people can sit idly by and laugh while this is going on.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v ... TTCpe7w3SB

Ghetto a$$ trash. This is disgusting.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
Posts: 2,654
And1: 36
Joined: Aug 14, 2012

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#171 » by 21shumpshumpst » Sun Jan 6, 2013 7:10 pm

Crazyknicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:How do you get a credit card?

Got to a credit card company's website and apply. Some send you an application by mail and others it's online.

As long as you have have good credit they'll hound you with offers.


Knickstape you are a college student right? Think real hard and long if you need a credit card before you get one. Credit card debt creeps up on you really really fast.

Before I got out of college I had two credit cards that I had maxed out. Thankfully I use to play poker and was able to pay those off. But I wonder what I would have done had that money not been there.

If you are looking to start getting your credit up to snuff I would suggest asking for a credit card with a very low limit. Like 1k or less.

Trust me when I tell you that credit cards can cause more harm than good.
User avatar
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
Posts: 21,199
And1: 2,294
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
Location: I bet against Kemba Walker and lost

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#172 » by ComboGuardCity » Sun Jan 6, 2013 7:32 pm

21shumpshumpst wrote:
Crazyknicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:How do you get a credit card?

Got to a credit card company's website and apply. Some send you an application by mail and others it's online.

As long as you have have good credit they'll hound you with offers.


Knickstape you are a college student right? Think real hard and long if you need a credit card before you get one. Credit card debt creeps up on you really really fast.

Before I got out of college I had two credit cards that I had maxed out. Thankfully I use to play poker and was able to pay those off. But I wonder what I would have done had that money not been there.

If you are looking to start getting your credit up to snuff I would suggest asking for a credit card with a very low limit. Like 1k or less.

Trust me when I tell you that credit cards can cause more harm than good.

No company will give him a limit above $1500.
"Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time" #MoveSmoove
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
Posts: 2,654
And1: 36
Joined: Aug 14, 2012

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#173 » by 21shumpshumpst » Sun Jan 6, 2013 7:57 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:
Knickstape you are a college student right? Think real hard and long if you need a credit card before you get one. Credit card debt creeps up on you really really fast.

Before I got out of college I had two credit cards that I had maxed out. Thankfully I use to play poker and was able to pay those off. But I wonder what I would have done had that money not been there.

If you are looking to start getting your credit up to snuff I would suggest asking for a credit card with a very low limit. Like 1k or less.

Trust me when I tell you that credit cards can cause more harm than good.

No company will give him a limit above $1500.

Don't know how things are now but when I got my first card I had a 10k limit.
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 30,603
And1: 6,653
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Law School
   

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#174 » by Knickstape1214 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 8:24 pm

i'm not worried about overspending or whatnot. i'm really good with my money and saving it (and i have enough in my bank account to pay off what i buy). i'm looking to build up credit early -- which is why i'm looking to get a credit card.

@ccc, i applied for one yesterday. any idea how long it's going to take? i also applied for a citibank student one, but i need to fill out a form (that i will be receiving in a week) and then send it back.

i really need to get one approved so i can start building credit. gotta find a loan for next year w/out a co-sign.

*** this is my first credit card***
I believe in KRIST(APS) PORZINGOD

Quote of the week

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Yea and their are also scientists who believe in the big bang theory.
User avatar
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
Posts: 21,199
And1: 2,294
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
Location: I bet against Kemba Walker and lost

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#175 » by ComboGuardCity » Sun Jan 6, 2013 8:27 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:i'm not worried about overspending or whatnot. i'm really good with my money and saving it (and i have enough in my bank account to pay off what i buy). i'm looking to build up credit early -- which is why i'm looking to get a credit card.

@ccc, i applied for one yesterday. any idea how long it's going to take? i also applied for a citibank student one, but i need to fill out a form (that i will be receiving in a week) and then send it back.

i really need to get one approved so i can start building credit. gotta find a loan for next year w/out a co-sign.

*** this is my first credit card***

Less than 45 days. Are you not able to get a loan through Financial Services at school? If you go into the office they'll explain how your specific school's system works. I'm sure there are many students in your situation.
"Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time" #MoveSmoove
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 30,603
And1: 6,653
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Law School
   

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#176 » by Knickstape1214 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 8:34 pm

bleh...45 days. thanks.

nah. i already talked to them. my situation is slightly different because my family does not "need" the money. it's just my parents refusing to pay for me to come back. i can get some money (i think) from the school, but it's nowhere near enough. i'd have to get a loan regardless.

i was going to call them on monday or tuesday, when the offices reopen for the semester, and see if they can help me find one. i wouldn't need full tuition, as i already money in my bank account.
I believe in KRIST(APS) PORZINGOD

Quote of the week

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Yea and their are also scientists who believe in the big bang theory.
User avatar
StumptheSlob
Senior
Posts: 615
And1: 4
Joined: Sep 04, 2010

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#177 » by StumptheSlob » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:29 am

Anybody have the gif of Sheed staring down the refs from the Celtics game? I've been looking for it and can't seem to find it. It's from this (embedding doesn't seem to work):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Dbs8_NYXnk
Image
^Props to Mags for the SIG
Watch my Knicks videos:http://www.youtube.com/user/StumptheSlob
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 30,603
And1: 6,653
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Law School
   

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#178 » by Knickstape1214 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:35 am

i think i can get 12500 from fasfa. I THINK.

anyone else have any other ways? anyone who helps automatically gets on my good side.
I believe in KRIST(APS) PORZINGOD

Quote of the week

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Yea and their are also scientists who believe in the big bang theory.
User avatar
Bigmo5246
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,809
And1: 37
Joined: Feb 17, 2010
Location: New York

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#179 » by Bigmo5246 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:39 am

StumptheSlob wrote:Anybody have the gif of Sheed staring down the refs from the Celtics game? I've been looking for it and can't seem to find it. It's from this (embedding doesn't seem to work):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Dbs8_NYXnk


Image
User avatar
Bigmo5246
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,809
And1: 37
Joined: Feb 17, 2010
Location: New York

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#180 » by Bigmo5246 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:41 am

Changing my avatar is damn near impossible now. This sh*t never works for me :(

Return to New York Knicks