ImageImageImageImageImage

[Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,537

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#81 » by ComboGuardCity » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:19 pm

Mecca wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:
Mecca wrote:College is rough as nails man, not sure why you guys love it so much.

I love college, but hate all of the class work. barely have anytime to do anything besides a Knicks game/workout during the week.

That's actually a good sign. Most kids don't do anything school related their freshman year and it kills their GPA. Once you get the hang of it, you'll learn to study like a college student and you'll have more time...unless you're an engineering student.

I go to Farleigh Dickinson, a really small school in Madison NJ, so the one on one help really benefits me, as I live in their tutoring classes, and develop relationships with the professors. I started out the first month awful, didn't study or care about class, and now I've had to bust my ass just to get my grades up to C's.

My time management is pretty bad, but it's starting to get a lot better. All in all, the work is hard, but you gotta really develop a mindset for school.

- BTW, a friend of mine told me my game is still ''High School." I've always been really confident about my game, post weight loss, and that this is the first time I got negative criticism. They told me I can't be a smart ass/dick in college, and I'm too much of a jokester. Is this true? Or are they wrong, because it REALLY irritated me, because that's just my personality, and I can't change who I am.

Better not to come off as too much of a goof unless you have alcohol in your system. Otherwise, you'll just be labeled as immature.
Bigmo5246
Lead Assistant
And1: 37

Post#82 » by Bigmo5246 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:13 pm

Mecca wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:
Mecca wrote:College is rough as nails man, not sure why you guys love it so much.

I love college, but hate all of the class work. barely have anytime to do anything besides a Knicks game/workout during the week.

That's actually a good sign. Most kids don't do anything school related their freshman year and it kills their GPA. Once you get the hang of it, you'll learn to study like a college student and you'll have more time...unless you're an engineering student.

I go to Farleigh Dickinson, a really small school in Madison NJ, so the one on one help really benefits me, as I live in their tutoring classes, and develop relationships with the professors. I started out the first month awful, didn't study or care about class, and now I've had to bust my ass just to get my grades up to C's.

My time management is pretty bad, but it's starting to get a lot better. All in all, the work is hard, but you gotta really develop a mindset for school.

- BTW, a friend of mine told me my game is still ''High School." I've always been really confident about my game, post weight loss, and that this is the first time I got negative criticism. They told me I can't be a smart ass/dick in college, and I'm too much of a jokester. Is this true? Or are they wrong, because it REALLY irritated me, because that's just my personality, and I can't change who I am.

Dude, just be yourself.

If someone is telling you that, he is probably just jealous of you, that's all. Do you.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,850

Post#83 » by Fury » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:35 pm

lol your game is high school. Tell him you're the next LeBron then, **** that dude.
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#84 » by CoolKids » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:16 pm

that just reminds me of my room mate who has the worst game in the history of man kind. its literally mind boggling. And hes the most confident/cocky kid for absolutely no reason. he doesnt have much to be proud of but for some unknown reason still is :lol:
Bigmo5246
Lead Assistant

Post#85 » by Bigmo5246 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:26 pm

Lol I know someone like that too coolkid.

He knocks down other people when they actually get some, and I've never seen this kid with a girl :lol:
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#86 » by CoolKids » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:11 am

Bigmo5246 wrote:Lol I know someone like that too coolkid.

He knocks down other people when they actually get some, and I've never seen this kid with a girl :lol:

for real. this kid claims every girl we see or talk to is "beat" yet the three girls ive seen him with were on some sasquatch ish and im not even picky, im a realist when it comes to myself and women :lol:
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,596

Post#87 » by Stannis » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:42 am

Man... I am having the hardest time building up my schedule for next semester. Never thought something like this would make me so stressed out.

I do not know if I am going to get this internship next semester or not (still waiting to hear back), which I can count as course if I get it. So it is hard to build around that. And Classes are continuing to get full.

EDIT: I just got an e-mail saying I got the Spring Internship, which I can count as an elective.

Now I just have to worry about my home's car schedule and who needs to drop off who. So I still need to know what to do with these other 3 classes I have to take. Not sure if I should take regular class times, or night class times.
Free Palestine
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#88 » by boomann21 » Wed Dec 5, 2012 4:06 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouBF9X8rsMw&feature=g-subs-u[/youtube]

I get lot's of commas, I can Phuck your mama!! Lol
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#89 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Dec 9, 2012 12:57 am

so...there was an incident at one of the sorority formals recently here lol.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#90 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:07 pm

2 things
1) finals suck
2) this thread had really died down :( we need more people posting in here!
Bigmo5246
Lead Assistant

Post#91 » by Bigmo5246 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:35 am

i got you knickstape...

well finals are coming up for me and I am pretty nervous. hoping I do well. college has definitely changed my study habits...
Yoga
Banned User
And1: 83

Post#92 » by Yoga » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:12 am

Anyone else have annoying old parents? There is such a big generation divide between us....I can't stand them....I have chosen to avoid communicating / interacting with them as much as possible
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#93 » by Mecca » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:23 am

Aderall is a necessity during finals week. Seriously, it's almost 5 AM and I'm still up grinding.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#94 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:09 am

never taken aderall.

logic f*cking sucks but i'm done with that forever. my mom hated it too and warned me before taking it. i definitely should have listened to her...we are on similar wavelengths when it comes to classes we excel in / don't do that well in.

after my final tomorrow, it's smooth sailing. i have a pass/fail final on saturday...but i'm not worried.

birthday is in under 50 hours wooooooo.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#95 » by Stannis » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:28 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:never taken aderall.

logic f*cking sucks but i'm done with that forever. my mom hated it too and warned me before taking it. i definitely should have listened to her...we are on similar wavelengths when it comes to classes we excel in / don't do that well in.

after my final tomorrow, it's smooth sailing. i have a pass/fail final on saturday...but i'm not worried.

December 14th, right?
Free Palestine
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#96 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:32 am

Shpati21 wrote:

December 14th, right?

yessuh. that's how i got the 1214 part of my name. :lol: creative...i know. lol
Stannis
RealGM

Post#97 » by Stannis » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:35 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Shpati21 wrote:

December 14th, right?

yessuh. that's how i got the 1214 part of my name. :lol: creative...i know. lol

:lol: That was my guess. Have fun. 8-)
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#98 » by Stannis » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:41 am

I got a long two days ahead of him. I have two finals on the same day, and then I have to finish this really excessive take-home exam. There is lots of studying to be done.

Then I got bunch of paper work and applications to do.
- Scholarship application with a personal statement and resume
- Have to go through this long process to count my spring internship as departmental elective
- Apply for these summer internship positions
- Financial aid application

After the break I have to use the warranty on my phone and laptop. Go to the bank to resolve some account issues. Then finally return my textbooks. I hate post office trips. :( And I have to do some maintenance crap on my car.

On top of that I need to start thinking about graduate school.

I really got to start taking advantage of my free time. I had the whole weekend to finish this stuff, but I was messing around. It is just that point in the year when I am just worn out and sick of school.

Worst thing was that my final exams were at the very last day and time possible (Thursday 13th 6 to 10 p.m.).

It also sucks that all my friends are graduating this semester.

I made myself a good checklist.
Free Palestine
keyindabox
Starter
And1: 171

Post#99 » by keyindabox » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:35 am

I'm in my first semester of finals in law school, and man do a lot of people go hard on adderall here. I mean some of them are prescribed it, but some definitely abuse it lol I am still going all natural, though. Never have used adderall, nor am I one to do a lot of work into the wee hours. Normally do a lot during the day and evening. I don't drink any caffeine or energy drinks either, thought about drinking coffee but I'm gonna stay away from that.

Anyway, I got 2 exams left. Property and Civil Procedure then finally done on Monday....crazy how I ever complained about exams in undergraduate. This graduate school sh*t is no joke.... I JUST WANNA GO HOME AND DRINK AND WATCH KNICKS GAMES IN PEACE!
Stannis
RealGM

Post#100 » by Stannis » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:44 am

We got so many law students here on RealGM Knicks.

I am like you, keyindabox, I like to be natural. I do not like the effects those energy drinks and caffeines have on your body. I hardly even drink a cup of tea or coffee, not even a soda.

Basically, right now, i am just try to get as much sleep as possible before studying. I'd rather sleep a whole bunch and get a good 4-5 hours of studying done, rather than pulling an all-nighter and drinking a bunch of caffeine. I noticed my grades are pretty much the same either way.

I cannot imagine how law school is. I thought about law school, but just said "forget it", as I did not even know if I would enjoy working with law as a career.

I pulled an all-nighter to finish this 15 page paper, which I waited the last day to start on it, because I am just that smart.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks