ImageImageImageImageImage

[Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6)

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, NoLayupRule, j4remi, mrpoetryNmotion, Knickstape1214, Brooklyn_Yards, Thorn, GONYK, Thugger HBC

User avatar
Crazyknicks
General Manager
Posts: 7,715
And1: 814
Joined: Aug 04, 2009

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#166 » by Crazyknicks » Fri Jan 4, 2013 8:16 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:How do you get a credit card?

Got to a credit card company's website and apply. Some send you an application by mail and others it's online.

As long as you have have good credit they'll hound you with offers.
Knicks tank race, current position is #1:


3 Philadelphia 16-52
2 Minnesota 15-53
1 New York 14-54
User avatar
Knicker23
General Manager
Posts: 9,491
And1: 127
Joined: Apr 24, 2010

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#167 » by Knicker23 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 9:35 pm

ugly brawl in restaurant. Never understood how people can sit idly by and laugh while this is going on.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v ... TTCpe7w3SB
Travis Knight
Head Coach
Posts: 6,987
And1: 452
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
       

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#168 » by Travis Knight » Fri Jan 4, 2013 10:48 pm

Knicker23 wrote:ugly brawl in restaurant. Never understood how people can sit idly by and laugh while this is going on.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v ... TTCpe7w3SB

Damn, that was ugly. Those people were like a bunch of wild animals.

EDIT: And :lol: @ that old security guard.
User avatar
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
Posts: 20,774
And1: 2,060
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
Location: I bet against Kemba Walker and lost

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#169 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat Jan 5, 2013 1:49 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:How do you get a credit card?

Get an Amazon card. They give them to everyone. Build up your credit from there to apply for more.
"Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time" #MoveSmoove
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
Posts: 2,655
And1: 36
Joined: Aug 14, 2012

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#170 » by 21shumpshumpst » Sun Jan 6, 2013 7:06 pm

Knicker23 wrote:ugly brawl in restaurant. Never understood how people can sit idly by and laugh while this is going on.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v ... TTCpe7w3SB

Ghetto a$$ trash. This is disgusting.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
Posts: 2,655
And1: 36
Joined: Aug 14, 2012

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#171 » by 21shumpshumpst » Sun Jan 6, 2013 7:10 pm

Crazyknicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:How do you get a credit card?

Got to a credit card company's website and apply. Some send you an application by mail and others it's online.

As long as you have have good credit they'll hound you with offers.


Knickstape you are a college student right? Think real hard and long if you need a credit card before you get one. Credit card debt creeps up on you really really fast.

Before I got out of college I had two credit cards that I had maxed out. Thankfully I use to play poker and was able to pay those off. But I wonder what I would have done had that money not been there.

If you are looking to start getting your credit up to snuff I would suggest asking for a credit card with a very low limit. Like 1k or less.

Trust me when I tell you that credit cards can cause more harm than good.
User avatar
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
Posts: 20,774
And1: 2,060
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
Location: I bet against Kemba Walker and lost

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#172 » by ComboGuardCity » Sun Jan 6, 2013 7:32 pm

21shumpshumpst wrote:
Crazyknicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:How do you get a credit card?

Got to a credit card company's website and apply. Some send you an application by mail and others it's online.

As long as you have have good credit they'll hound you with offers.


Knickstape you are a college student right? Think real hard and long if you need a credit card before you get one. Credit card debt creeps up on you really really fast.

Before I got out of college I had two credit cards that I had maxed out. Thankfully I use to play poker and was able to pay those off. But I wonder what I would have done had that money not been there.

If you are looking to start getting your credit up to snuff I would suggest asking for a credit card with a very low limit. Like 1k or less.

Trust me when I tell you that credit cards can cause more harm than good.

No company will give him a limit above $1500.
"Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time" #MoveSmoove
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
Posts: 2,655
And1: 36
Joined: Aug 14, 2012

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#173 » by 21shumpshumpst » Sun Jan 6, 2013 7:57 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:
Knickstape you are a college student right? Think real hard and long if you need a credit card before you get one. Credit card debt creeps up on you really really fast.

Before I got out of college I had two credit cards that I had maxed out. Thankfully I use to play poker and was able to pay those off. But I wonder what I would have done had that money not been there.

If you are looking to start getting your credit up to snuff I would suggest asking for a credit card with a very low limit. Like 1k or less.

Trust me when I tell you that credit cards can cause more harm than good.

No company will give him a limit above $1500.

Don't know how things are now but when I got my first card I had a 10k limit.
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 28,208
And1: 5,188
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Law School
   

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#174 » by Knickstape1214 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 8:24 pm

i'm not worried about overspending or whatnot. i'm really good with my money and saving it (and i have enough in my bank account to pay off what i buy). i'm looking to build up credit early -- which is why i'm looking to get a credit card.

@ccc, i applied for one yesterday. any idea how long it's going to take? i also applied for a citibank student one, but i need to fill out a form (that i will be receiving in a week) and then send it back.

i really need to get one approved so i can start building credit. gotta find a loan for next year w/out a co-sign.

*** this is my first credit card***
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle
Bulls - 353

Wall / Vasquez
McLemore / J. Taylor
J. Parker / Porter
Ibaka / Speights /
Motiejunas / Seraphin / L. Allen
User avatar
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
Posts: 20,774
And1: 2,060
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
Location: I bet against Kemba Walker and lost

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#175 » by ComboGuardCity » Sun Jan 6, 2013 8:27 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:i'm not worried about overspending or whatnot. i'm really good with my money and saving it (and i have enough in my bank account to pay off what i buy). i'm looking to build up credit early -- which is why i'm looking to get a credit card.

@ccc, i applied for one yesterday. any idea how long it's going to take? i also applied for a citibank student one, but i need to fill out a form (that i will be receiving in a week) and then send it back.

i really need to get one approved so i can start building credit. gotta find a loan for next year w/out a co-sign.

*** this is my first credit card***

Less than 45 days. Are you not able to get a loan through Financial Services at school? If you go into the office they'll explain how your specific school's system works. I'm sure there are many students in your situation.
"Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time" #MoveSmoove
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 28,208
And1: 5,188
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Law School
   

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#176 » by Knickstape1214 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 8:34 pm

bleh...45 days. thanks.

nah. i already talked to them. my situation is slightly different because my family does not "need" the money. it's just my parents refusing to pay for me to come back. i can get some money (i think) from the school, but it's nowhere near enough. i'd have to get a loan regardless.

i was going to call them on monday or tuesday, when the offices reopen for the semester, and see if they can help me find one. i wouldn't need full tuition, as i already money in my bank account.
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle
Bulls - 353

Wall / Vasquez
McLemore / J. Taylor
J. Parker / Porter
Ibaka / Speights /
Motiejunas / Seraphin / L. Allen
User avatar
StumptheSlob
Senior
Posts: 615
And1: 4
Joined: Sep 04, 2010

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#177 » by StumptheSlob » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:29 am

Anybody have the gif of Sheed staring down the refs from the Celtics game? I've been looking for it and can't seem to find it. It's from this (embedding doesn't seem to work):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Dbs8_NYXnk
Image
^Props to Mags for the SIG
Watch my Knicks videos:http://www.youtube.com/user/StumptheSlob
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 28,208
And1: 5,188
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Law School
   

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#178 » by Knickstape1214 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:35 am

i think i can get 12500 from fasfa. I THINK.

anyone else have any other ways? anyone who helps automatically gets on my good side.
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle
Bulls - 353

Wall / Vasquez
McLemore / J. Taylor
J. Parker / Porter
Ibaka / Speights /
Motiejunas / Seraphin / L. Allen
User avatar
Bigmo5246
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,827
And1: 37
Joined: Feb 17, 2010
Location: New York

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#179 » by Bigmo5246 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:39 am

StumptheSlob wrote:Anybody have the gif of Sheed staring down the refs from the Celtics game? I've been looking for it and can't seem to find it. It's from this (embedding doesn't seem to work):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Dbs8_NYXnk


Image
User avatar
Bigmo5246
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,827
And1: 37
Joined: Feb 17, 2010
Location: New York

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#180 » by Bigmo5246 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:41 am

Changing my avatar is damn near impossible now. This sh*t never works for me :(
User avatar
StumptheSlob
Senior
Posts: 615
And1: 4
Joined: Sep 04, 2010

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#181 » by StumptheSlob » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:07 am

Bigmo5246 wrote:
StumptheSlob wrote:Anybody have the gif of Sheed staring down the refs from the Celtics game? I've been looking for it and can't seem to find it. It's from this (embedding doesn't seem to work):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Dbs8_NYXnk


Image


Thank you based Mo.
Image
^Props to Mags for the SIG
Watch my Knicks videos:http://www.youtube.com/user/StumptheSlob
User avatar
Bigmo5246
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,827
And1: 37
Joined: Feb 17, 2010
Location: New York

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#182 » by Bigmo5246 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:57 am

StumptheSlob wrote:
Bigmo5246 wrote:
StumptheSlob wrote:Anybody have the gif of Sheed staring down the refs from the Celtics game? I've been looking for it and can't seem to find it. It's from this (embedding doesn't seem to work):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Dbs8_NYXnk


Image


Thank you based Mo.


No problem.

If you ever need to convert a vid into a gif just google it. there's a bunch of sites that can do it for you.
User avatar
StumptheSlob
Senior
Posts: 615
And1: 4
Joined: Sep 04, 2010

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#183 » by StumptheSlob » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:12 pm

Yeah, I was trying to do it on a couple different sites and for some reason they weren't working. It doesn't help that my laptop can be incredibly slow from time to time.
Image
^Props to Mags for the SIG
Watch my Knicks videos:http://www.youtube.com/user/StumptheSlob
User avatar
DrKnick
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,522
And1: 297
Joined: Aug 15, 2011
 

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#184 » by DrKnick » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:23 am

Pizza HuuuuT
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ /人◕ ‿ ◕人\ ( ︶︿︶)_╭∩╮
User avatar
CoolKids
RealGM
Posts: 11,558
And1: 977
Joined: Feb 17, 2009
Location: The Bronx
     

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#185 » by CoolKids » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:20 pm

James Harden is the best 2k player I have ever used...just dropped 48 with him in one game then 27 in the first quarter of another before dude quit :lol:
Milwaukee Bucks

PG: Rajon Rondo/Mo Williams/Brian Roberts
SG: Marcus Thornton/Iman Shumpert
SF: Paul George/Tayshaun Prince
PF: David West/Carl Landry
C: Omer Asik/Amare Stoudemire/Reggie Evans

IR: Joe Harris, Jarnell Stokes

Return to New York Knicks