ImageImageImageImageImage

[Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6)

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, mrpoetryNmotion, Brooklyn_Yards, Knickstape1214, GONYK, Thugger HBC, NoLayupRule, Thorn, j4remi

User avatar
Melo_5
Junior
Posts: 251
And1: 101
Joined: Oct 29, 2012
       

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#256 » by Melo_5 » Fri Feb 8, 2013 11:11 pm

Ohhhhhh mannnnn
Image
Image
User avatar
Bigmo5246
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,827
And1: 37
Joined: Feb 17, 2010
Location: New York

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#257 » by Bigmo5246 » Sat Feb 9, 2013 4:33 pm

I f*cking hate Math. I never was good at it, and it doesn't help that my professor is completely useless. I'll be lucky if I get a C in the course
User avatar
StumptheSlob
Senior
Posts: 615
And1: 4
Joined: Sep 04, 2010

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#258 » by StumptheSlob » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:35 pm

Subway Token wrote:The point P(4, −4) lies on the curve y = 4/(3 − x). If Q is the point (x, 4/(3 − x)), use your calculator to find the slope mPQ of the secant line PQ (correct to six decimal places) for the following values of x.

x=3.9;3.99;3.999;3.9999;4.1;4.01;4.001;4.0001

How I do dissss



Took a class like that last semester. Bunch of **** in Excel, right?
Image
^Props to Mags for the SIG
Watch my Knicks videos:http://www.youtube.com/user/StumptheSlob
User avatar
Subway Token
RealGM
Posts: 13,293
And1: 134
Joined: Aug 26, 2009
Location: Formerly knicksfan5494/NetsFanCheryl

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#259 » by Subway Token » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:39 am

Nah, Calc.
BAT 11.0 - Oklahoma City Thunder
G: Mike Conley Jr / Norris Cole
G: Kevin Martin /Leandro Barbosa
F:Al-Farouq Aminu/Doug McDermott
F: Pau Gasol / Udonis Haslem / Pero Antic
C: Andre Drummond / Pero Antic
221, 260, 281, 320, 341, 380
User avatar
StumptheSlob
Senior
Posts: 615
And1: 4
Joined: Sep 04, 2010

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#260 » by StumptheSlob » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:34 pm

Ah, nevermind then. I had a business class that was basically doing all that except you were using Excel to calculate a lot of it. I didn't have the slightest clue what was going on until Finals week. It was terrible.
Image
^Props to Mags for the SIG
Watch my Knicks videos:http://www.youtube.com/user/StumptheSlob
User avatar
adjacent2bench
RealGM
Posts: 24,596
And1: 1,241
Joined: Apr 16, 2007
Location: Adjacent to the Knick Bench
     

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#261 » by adjacent2bench » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:26 pm

I just woke up from a dream where I was in a pickup game, and I had to defend Ricky Rubio...


All I remember was him talking mad ish to me in Spanish, and me responding "tu madre!"....He was mad cool though. Weird dream.
Phil Jackson is in charge of ALL basketball decisions-Jim Dolan
User avatar
Crazyknicks
General Manager
Posts: 7,750
And1: 839
Joined: Aug 04, 2009

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#262 » by Crazyknicks » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:47 pm

adjacent2bench wrote:I just woke up from a dream where I was in a pickup game, and I had to defend Ricky Rubio...


All I remember was him talking mad ish to me in Spanish, and me responding "tu madre!"....He was mad cool though. Weird dream.

Speaking of basketball dreams, I have the best one and they happen so often. They include:
- Me hitting a gamewinner at MSG with the crowd going wild after.
- Playing against the Shaq Celtics (not sure what team I was on)
- Playing with Shaq at my local park and he called me "the best pg he ever played with" :rofl:
- Being on this year's Lakers team and playing with Kobe in a close game in which me and him were both scoring but our team couldn't get stops
- And the most recent one was a few days ago in which I was courtside in a Miami Heat game in which Lebron was going off and gave me a fist bump as he ran back down to defense and I yelled at him "let's go".
Knicks tank race, current position is #1:


3 Philadelphia 16-52
2 Minnesota 15-53
1 New York 14-54
User avatar
Bigmo5246
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,827
And1: 37
Joined: Feb 17, 2010
Location: New York

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#263 » by Bigmo5246 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:12 pm

Never had dreams playing basketball with NBA players, but I did have one where I got to meet Lebron and Kobe in the same day. It was a long time ago, but that was a good dream :lol:
User avatar
Bigmo5246
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,827
And1: 37
Joined: Feb 17, 2010
Location: New York

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#264 » by Bigmo5246 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:28 am

Decided to pledge for a frat, but I'm still not sure if its 100% for me. Cool with most of the brothers but I'm still having my doubts. Figure I'm going to give it two weeks before I make my decision final.
User avatar
Crazyknicks
General Manager
Posts: 7,750
And1: 839
Joined: Aug 04, 2009

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#265 » by Crazyknicks » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:50 am

Bigmo5246 wrote:Decided to pledge for a frat, but I'm still not sure if its 100% for me. Cool with most of the brothers but I'm still having my doubts. Figure I'm going to give it two weeks before I make my decision final.

Go for it, I have a few friends who did it and they all loved the Greek life.
Knicks tank race, current position is #1:


3 Philadelphia 16-52
2 Minnesota 15-53
1 New York 14-54
User avatar
adjacent2bench
RealGM
Posts: 24,596
And1: 1,241
Joined: Apr 16, 2007
Location: Adjacent to the Knick Bench
     

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#266 » by adjacent2bench » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:20 am

Crazyknicks wrote:
adjacent2bench wrote:I just woke up from a dream where I was in a pickup game, and I had to defend Ricky Rubio...


All I remember was him talking mad ish to me in Spanish, and me responding "tu madre!"....He was mad cool though. Weird dream.

Speaking of basketball dreams, I have the best one and they happen so often. They include:
- Me hitting a gamewinner at MSG with the crowd going wild after.
- Playing against the Shaq Celtics (not sure what team I was on)
- Playing with Shaq at my local park and he called me "the best pg he ever played with" :rofl:
- Being on this year's Lakers team and playing with Kobe in a close game in which me and him were both scoring but our team couldn't get stops
- And the most recent one was a few days ago in which I was courtside in a Miami Heat game in which Lebron was going off and gave me a fist bump as he ran back down to defense and I yelled at him "let's go".




:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Today again, I had another weird dream. I was time warped to 1986, and the Knicks were playing against the Lakers, at freakin Boston Garden, and it was game 6 of the NBA Finals. Somehow someway I remember Isiah Thomas being there, and the Boston crowd was booing at every possession.
Phil Jackson is in charge of ALL basketball decisions-Jim Dolan
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 12,137
And1: 402
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: KLN
       

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#267 » by Mecca » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:14 pm

Best way to enjoy all the pleasures of college is to play a sport and join a frat. I made my college's football team, and also joined a frat. Work hard, play hard.
Utah Jazz
PG: Russell Westbrook - Shane Larkin - Tyler Ennis
SG: Aaron Afflalo - KJ McDaniels - Jimmer Fredette
SF: Kyle Korver - Evan Fournier
PF: Kelly Olynyk - Nick Collison - Noah Vonleh
C: Rudy Gobert - Channing Frye
305, 356
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 28,542
And1: 5,357
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Law School
   

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#268 » by Knickstape1214 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:38 pm

i am anti-frat. so many reasons why.
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle
User avatar
Travis Knight
Head Coach
Posts: 7,030
And1: 460
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
     

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#269 » by Travis Knight » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:48 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:i am anti-frat. so many reasons why.

I thought u were in a frat? Or do u just go to their parties?
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 28,542
And1: 5,357
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Law School
   

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#270 » by Knickstape1214 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:34 pm

Shpati21 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:i am anti-frat. so many reasons why.

I thought u were in a frat? Or do u just go to their parties?

not in a frat. hate frat douches. go to frat parties with my girlfriend, but not a big fan of them. same stuff -- douchebags and constantly being pushed.
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle
User avatar
Bigmo5246
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,827
And1: 37
Joined: Feb 17, 2010
Location: New York

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#271 » by Bigmo5246 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:58 pm

Made the decision to drop from pledging. Can't see myself being in a frat, and I have other commitments that are just more important to me. Feel like I've made the right choice.
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 28,542
And1: 5,357
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Law School
   

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#272 » by Knickstape1214 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:07 pm

Bigmo5246 wrote:Made the decision to drop from pledging. Can't see myself being in a frat, and I have other commitments that are just more important to me. Feel like I've made the right choice.

i approve. now i wont need to ban you.






:lol:
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle
User avatar
Travis Knight
Head Coach
Posts: 7,030
And1: 460
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
     

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#273 » by Travis Knight » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:52 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Shpati21 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:i am anti-frat. so many reasons why.

I thought u were in a frat? Or do u just go to their parties?

not in a frat. hate frat douches. go to frat parties with my girlfriend, but not a big fan of them. same stuff -- douchebags and constantly being pushed.

yea, frats here are like 90% red necks. Not sure of vandy is the same.

Btw, out of curiosity, what made you go from new York to Cashville? (not saying it was a bad decision, just most Yorkers I know won't move from there to Tennessee).
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 28,542
And1: 5,357
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Law School
   

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#274 » by Knickstape1214 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:00 am

frat guys here aren't really red necks; they are just huge ****. entitled pieces of crap, don't know boundaries, no respect/manners, etc. honestly, i can go on and on about this. there are a few guys in frats i like, but that's because either i knew them before they were in a frat (knew them from home), i met them at transfer orientation, or i met them through a friend.

i didn't move here -- just transferred schools. are you asking why i transferred?
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle
User avatar
Travis Knight
Head Coach
Posts: 7,030
And1: 460
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
     

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#275 » by Travis Knight » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:39 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:frat guys here aren't really red necks; they are just huge ****. entitled pieces of crap, don't know boundaries, no respect/manners, etc. honestly, i can go on and on about this. there are a few guys in frats i like, but that's because either i knew them before they were in a frat (knew them from home), i met them at transfer orientation, or i met them through a friend.

i didn't move here -- just transferred schools. are you asking why i transferred?

yea, meant why you transferred

Return to New York Knicks