ImageImageImageImageImage

[Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6)

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Brooklyn_Yards, Knickstape1214, GONYK, Thugger HBC, NoLayupRule, Thorn, j4remi, mrpoetryNmotion

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 385

Re: [Official NYK Board Community Thread] NSFW (Part 6) 

Post#76 » by Mecca » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:51 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:
Mecca wrote:College is rough as nails man, not sure why you guys love it so much.

I love college, but hate all of the class work. barely have anytime to do anything besides a Knicks game/workout during the week.

That's actually a good sign. Most kids don't do anything school related their freshman year and it kills their GPA. Once you get the hang of it, you'll learn to study like a college student and you'll have more time...unless you're an engineering student.

I go to Farleigh Dickinson, a really small school in Madison NJ, so the one on one help really benefits me, as I live in their tutoring classes, and develop relationships with the professors. I started out the first month awful, didn't study or care about class, and now I've had to bust my ass just to get my grades up to C's.

My time management is pretty bad, but it's starting to get a lot better. All in all, the work is hard, but you gotta really develop a mindset for school.

- BTW, a friend of mine told me my game is still ''High School." I've always been really confident about my game, post weight loss, and that this is the first time I got negative criticism. They told me I can't be a smart ass/dick in college, and I'm too much of a jokester. Is this true? Or are they wrong, because it REALLY irritated me, because that's just my personality, and I can't change who I am.
Showtime Lakers
PG - Ty Lawson - Jordan Farmar
SG - Tim Hardaway Jr. - Carlos Delfino - James Young
SF - Tyreke Evans - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
PF - Blake Griffin - Kyle Anderson - Michael Beasley
C - Andrew Bogut - Timofey Mozgov - Andrew Bynum

Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 4,620

Post#77 » by Knickstape1214 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:09 pm

just be yourself, don't be a frat ass, be nice (deadass, it means a lot), be funny if you can be (without forcing it), and don't be a f*cking pickup artist. i hate them...and girls do too.
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle

Bigmo5246
Lead Assistant
And1: 37

Post#78 » by Bigmo5246 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:49 am

BUILDING A SCHEDULE IS HELL!!!!!

Travis Knight
Head Coach
And1: 394

Post#79 » by Travis Knight » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:31 am

I finally finished that group project, some of my teachers are holding non-important classes this week, and so I can skip and make my Thanksgiving Break longer. I got a good week ahead of me. :) Going to chillax and play some video games right now though. :lol:

NY2TheBay wrote: I do sales and marketing for an alternative energy company in the bay area. It started off as a business trip then I extended my stay to travel around a bit. Did some sight seeing, practiced kung fu for a month and visited some buddhist temples. Interestingly enough I started my trip when Linsanity began february 4th. I saw first hand the response from the chinese community, it was quite amazing. They LOVE nba basketball. Then witnessed some rioting over the islands that the japanese and chinese are battling over. I was in shanghai, hong kong and then in a few cities in hunan province.

All in all an amazing trip. I now know why people say its important to travel. You definitely broaden yourself.

That sounds interesting and quite an experience. I have gone to Canada for a few days (soccer game) and Albania for vacation, but that is about it. I usually go to Albania (family is there) once every two years, but I have not been for like 4 years, really miss it. I want to go to Germany and Japan after I graduate. I love traveling. I hope I can get some work that requires traveling around the world. The traveling I have done taught me a lot.

NY2TheBay wrote:Dude, I hated group projects.

Actually I take that back. There were some group projects where I had a few hot girls in my group and made it worth my while.

Other than that I hated them. Always ended up relying on people that did half a** work and usually had to increase my workload due to the weak link.

But college is fun, make it last as long as possible.

I just finished this group project. It had nine members, all men. I am an Information Systems major, and there are hardly any females in our classes. Having two females in one class is a big deal. It makes up 30%-40% of our final grade. Only 4 out of the 9 members showed up to the final meeting.

I am just glad to get it over with. The project was for my Project Management course. I was actually assigned as the Project Manager of our group so I was the leader. Luckily I have a really smart friend who is experienced in the field ,and we got to be in the same group, and he really boosted our project up.

Bigmo5246 wrote:BUILDING A SCHEDULE IS HELL!!!!!

I think you are a freshman, and I agree building a schedule sucks. Freshman are usually last to register. As a freshman I had to check the course database every 10 minutes to finally get this class section I really wanted to complete my perfect schedule. Hang in there and try to get it as perfect as possible.

I am having trouble building my schedule for next semester, and I am a junior/senior now. I need 3 hours of electives next semester. So I decided to take a class in Yoga and in Basketball in the morning. It should be fun, but the only downside is they are in the morning, and my other courses are at noon or in the evening. I got some time to kill between classes.

Knicks Fans: At Least We Have Our Pick (ALWHOP)

RIP: Sky_Knicks, DocZaius

Bigmo5246
Lead Assistant

Post#80 » by Bigmo5246 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:42 am

Shapti, I am a freshman. I am the last to register, especially since I didn't come in with any credits.

I'm contemplating switching in from the Arts and Sciences program in my school to the Business School. Luckily, both schools have the same core requirements so I can get them done next semester. I'm essentially killing two birds with one stone by taking the classes I plan on taking next semester.

ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 1,881

Post#81 » by ComboGuardCity » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Mecca wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:
Mecca wrote:College is rough as nails man, not sure why you guys love it so much.

I love college, but hate all of the class work. barely have anytime to do anything besides a Knicks game/workout during the week.

That's actually a good sign. Most kids don't do anything school related their freshman year and it kills their GPA. Once you get the hang of it, you'll learn to study like a college student and you'll have more time...unless you're an engineering student.

I go to Farleigh Dickinson, a really small school in Madison NJ, so the one on one help really benefits me, as I live in their tutoring classes, and develop relationships with the professors. I started out the first month awful, didn't study or care about class, and now I've had to bust my ass just to get my grades up to C's.

My time management is pretty bad, but it's starting to get a lot better. All in all, the work is hard, but you gotta really develop a mindset for school.

- BTW, a friend of mine told me my game is still ''High School." I've always been really confident about my game, post weight loss, and that this is the first time I got negative criticism. They told me I can't be a smart ass/dick in college, and I'm too much of a jokester. Is this true? Or are they wrong, because it REALLY irritated me, because that's just my personality, and I can't change who I am.

Better not to come off as too much of a goof unless you have alcohol in your system. Otherwise, you'll just be labeled as immature.
"Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time" #MoveSmoove

Bigmo5246
Lead Assistant

Post#82 » by Bigmo5246 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:13 pm

Mecca wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:

Dude, just be yourself.

If someone is telling you that, he is probably just jealous of you, that's all. Do you.

Fury
RealGM
And1: 1,786

Post#83 » by Fury » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:35 pm

lol your game is high school. Tell him you're the next LeBron then, **** that dude.

CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 894

Post#84 » by CoolKids » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:16 pm

that just reminds me of my room mate who has the worst game in the history of man kind. its literally mind boggling. And hes the most confident/cocky kid for absolutely no reason. he doesnt have much to be proud of but for some unknown reason still is :lol:

Bigmo5246
Lead Assistant

Post#85 » by Bigmo5246 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:26 pm

Lol I know someone like that too coolkid.

He knocks down other people when they actually get some, and I've never seen this kid with a girl :lol:

CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 894

Post#86 » by CoolKids » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:11 pm

Bigmo5246 wrote:Lol I know someone like that too coolkid.

He knocks down other people when they actually get some, and I've never seen this kid with a girl :lol:

for real. this kid claims every girl we see or talk to is "beat" yet the three girls ive seen him with were on some sasquatch ish and im not even picky, im a realist when it comes to myself and women :lol:

Travis Knight
Head Coach

Post#87 » by Travis Knight » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:42 am

Man... I am having the hardest time building up my schedule for next semester. Never thought something like this would make me so stressed out.

I do not know if I am going to get this internship next semester or not (still waiting to hear back), which I can count as course if I get it. So it is hard to build around that. And Classes are continuing to get full.

EDIT: I just got an e-mail saying I got the Spring Internship, which I can count as an elective.

Now I just have to worry about my home's car schedule and who needs to drop off who. So I still need to know what to do with these other 3 classes I have to take. Not sure if I should take regular class times, or night class times.

boomann21
RealGM
And1: 1,440

Post#88 » by boomann21 » Wed Dec 5, 2012 12:06 am

I get lot's of commas, I can Phuck your mama!! Lol

Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#89 » by Knickstape1214 » Sat Dec 8, 2012 8:57 pm

so...there was an incident at one of the sorority formals recently here lol.

Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#90 » by Knickstape1214 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:07 pm

2 things
1) finals suck
2) this thread had really died down :( we need more people posting in here!

Bigmo5246
Lead Assistant

Post#91 » by Bigmo5246 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:35 pm

i got you knickstape...

well finals are coming up for me and I am pretty nervous. hoping I do well. college has definitely changed my study habits...

Yoga
Assistant Coach
And1: 49

Post#92 » by Yoga » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:12 am

Anyone else have annoying old parents? There is such a big generation divide between us....I can't stand them....I have chosen to avoid communicating / interacting with them as much as possible

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 385

Post#93 » by Mecca » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:23 am

Aderall is a necessity during finals week. Seriously, it's almost 5 AM and I'm still up grinding.
Showtime Lakers
PG - Ty Lawson - Jordan Farmar
SG - Tim Hardaway Jr. - Carlos Delfino - James Young
SF - Tyreke Evans - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
PF - Blake Griffin - Kyle Anderson - Michael Beasley
C - Andrew Bogut - Timofey Mozgov - Andrew Bynum

Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#94 » by Knickstape1214 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:09 am

never taken aderall.

logic f*cking sucks but i'm done with that forever. my mom hated it too and warned me before taking it. i definitely should have listened to her...we are on similar wavelengths when it comes to classes we excel in / don't do that well in.

after my final tomorrow, it's smooth sailing. i have a pass/fail final on saturday...but i'm not worried.

birthday is in under 50 hours wooooooo.

Travis Knight
Head Coach

Post#95 » by Travis Knight » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:28 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:never taken aderall.

logic f*cking sucks but i'm done with that forever. my mom hated it too and warned me before taking it. i definitely should have listened to her...we are on similar wavelengths when it comes to classes we excel in / don't do that well in.

after my final tomorrow, it's smooth sailing. i have a pass/fail final on saturday...but i'm not worried.

birthday is in under 50 hours wooooooo.

December 14th, right?

Return to “New York Knicks”