yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thread

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, NoLayupRule, Brooklyn_Yards, mrpoetryNmotion, j4remi, Knickstape1214, GONYK, Thugger HBC, Thorn

Post#1 New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Co
Sat Oct 6, 2012 3:13 am by Howard Mass

Knicks Users,

As everyone, new guidelines that will go into effect Monday October 15 have been announced.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1207044

This is a thread for everyone to ask questions regarding these guidelines and so we can address any concerns anyone may have.

So, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks!
Howard Mass

Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 2,009

Post#2 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Sat Oct 6, 2012 4:31 am by ctorres

Let NetsFanCheryl have his old name back.

Other than that, I got no problem with the guidelines.
BAT 11.0 - Spurs
PG: Ricky Rubio-Nate Wolters-John Lucas III
SG: Victor Oladipo-Anthony Morrow
SF: Maurice Harkless-CJ Miles-Chris Douglas Roberts
PF: Ryan Anderson-Ed Davis-Thanasis Antetokounmpo
C: Mason Plumlee-Spencer Hawes-Robert Sacre
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 913

Post#3 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Sat Oct 6, 2012 5:07 am by Howard Mass

NetsFanCheryl will be eligible to change their username on January 2 at 10 PM EST.

That is less than three months away.
Howard Mass

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#4 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Sat Oct 6, 2012 8:38 am by 21shumpshumpst

The new guidelines are good but what is considered a bait thread?

Is Melo/Felton looks slim a bait thread? I mean you know that is going to get people who don't agree furious.

Also, how do you address people who are constantly negative on the threads?

I mean just the other day we have a game 4 of training camp thread and immediately in turns in to a discussion of Melo's armsleeves and how he should not wear them during practice. Also, how our team is old and Camby got injured. It boils my blood when I see this and obviously want to make a snippy comment back. But apparently with these new guidelines I will be banned for that.

I seriously would like a bit more clarity of this.
21shumpshumpst
Veteran
And1: 36

Post#5 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Sat Oct 6, 2012 10:01 am by NYKat

Wait, so this means I can't call out all the people who trash talked the team all the summer when we're winning the division this year? I've been taking names and everything!
NYKat
Head Coach
And1: 834

Post#6 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Sat Oct 6, 2012 10:50 am by br7knicks

lol i like how our forum is so bad that we have to have rules.

i agree that it gets out of hand here.
br7knicks

RealGM
And1: 1,357

Post#7 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Sat Oct 6, 2012 5:22 pm by AllanHoustonFan

It's about time you guys addressed this. Hopefully this board will be bearable again.
#InPhilWeTrust
AllanHoustonFan

RealGM
And1: 1,941

Post#8 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Sat Oct 6, 2012 6:44 pm by Thugger HBC

No disrespect but I'll believe the enforcement when I see it.
Thugger HBC

Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 3,982
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#9 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Sat Oct 6, 2012 6:51 pm by Knickstape1214

21shumpshumpst wrote:The new guidelines are good but what is considered a bait thread?

Is Melo/Felton looks slim a bait thread? I mean you know that is going to get people who don't agree furious.

I mean just the other day we have a game 4 of training camp thread and immediately in turns in to a discussion of Melo's armsleeves and how he should not wear them during practice. Also, how our team is old and Camby got injured. It boils my blood when I see this and obviously want to make a snippy comment back. But apparently with these new guidelines I will be banned for that.

Baiting topics are just topics that are made in order to incite people / create problems. So, yeah, I'd say a topic complaining about how fat Melo and Felton are would fall into that category...especially when you consider how much hate those two players get here. Baiting comments will not go unpunished either, so no worries there. As a mod, it would be nice to have posters actually report the bad posts (even if they are on the line) -- let us make the decision. We cannot see every post...so reporting them would make our lives easier.

AllanHoustonFan wrote:It's about time you guys addressed this. Hopefully this board will be bearable again.

It will be.

Thugger HBC wrote:No disrespect but I'll believe the enforcement when I see it.

It'll happen. No worries. I can't speak for the other mods, but I have been taking more action in recent weeks than I have previously -- giving more warnings, etc.

We're just trying to clean up the forum. Things have gone sour recently (starting a year and a half ago) and we want to stop it NOW.
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle
Knickstape1214

Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 3,949

Post#10 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Sat Oct 6, 2012 6:53 pm by j4remi

21shumpshumpst wrote:The new guidelines are good but what is considered a bait thread?

There's a big difference between being a bit snippy and outright insulting someone for defending a player. The general idea here is to curb the derailed discussions and outright flaming that we were letting slide with respect to people's emotions after the tumultuous season.

As for negativity, if it's in the realm of intelligent (using that term loosely :P ) discussion...good...but the derailing, insulting and baiting as well as negativity just for negativity's sake is going to be taken on.
BAT - Hawks
Rajon Rondo/Brian Roberts/Shane Larkin
Kyle Korver/Evan Fournier
Terrence Ross/Vince Carter
Al Horford/Mike Scott/Jonas Jerebko
Brandan Wright/Jermaine O'neal

j4remi

Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 2,027

Post#11 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Sat Oct 6, 2012 7:05 pm by Thugger HBC

I see that eyesore came down finally.

That's a plus all to itself.
Thugger HBC

Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#12 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Sat Oct 6, 2012 7:51 pm by NYK Mentality

I've always been known as a homer, but I'm sorry, if Felton is not only playing bad but also looking bad ala out of shape? Sorry, but I'm discussing it. Not as a "bait thread" but as a Knicks basketball fan.

Now, I do agree. This place needs rules (or morals). Whenever you have hundreds of posters/people, there needs to be a line you don't cross.
NYK Mentality
Starter
And1: 25

Post#13 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Sat Oct 6, 2012 7:55 pm by Knickstape1214

NYK Mentality wrote:I've always been known as a homer, but I'm sorry, if Felton is not only playing bad but also looking bad ala out of shape? Sorry, but I'm discussing it. Not as a "bait thread" but as a Knicks basketball fan.

Now, I do agree. This place needs rules (or morals). Whenever you have hundreds of posters/people, there needs to be a line you don't cross.

Sure, if he's playing badly then yeah...obviously we can discuss it. But we've had threads in the past focused solely on Melo and Felton's playing weight. We don't need that, IMO.
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle
Knickstape1214

Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 3,949

Post#14 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Sat Oct 6, 2012 8:07 pm by AllanHoustonFan

NYK Mentality wrote:I've always been known as a homer, but I'm sorry, if Felton is not only playing bad but also looking bad ala out of shape? Sorry, but I'm discussing it. Not as a "bait thread" but as a Knicks basketball fan.

All the mods are trying to do is have constructive topics instead of, for example, "LOLZ MELLOWZ IZ FAT, LIN IZ GAWD" threads floating around like we had this offseason.
#InPhilWeTrust
AllanHoustonFan

RealGM

Post#15 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Sat Oct 6, 2012 8:22 pm by NYK Mentality

AllanHoustonFan wrote:

All the mods are trying to do is have constructive topics instead of, for example, "LOLZ MELLOWZ IZ FAT, LIN IZ GAWD" threads floating around like we had this offseason.

So says the guy with an avatar of Felton over weight :lol: sorry, just made me laugh. But I agree.
NYK Mentality
Starter
And1: 25

Post#16 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Sat Oct 6, 2012 8:24 pm by Thugger HBC

NYK Mentality wrote:
AllanHoustonFan wrote:

So says the guy with an avatar of Felton over weight :lol: sorry, just made me laugh. But I agree.

That is funny. :lol:
Thugger HBC

Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#17 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Sat Oct 6, 2012 8:24 pm by AllanHoustonFan

NYK Mentality wrote:
AllanHoustonFan wrote:

lol I forgot all about that avatar :lol: . I'm going to change it now.
#InPhilWeTrust
AllanHoustonFan

RealGM

Post#18 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Sun Oct 7, 2012 12:22 am by Travis Knight

Howard Mass wrote:Knicks Users,

As everyone, new guidelines that will go into effect Monday October 15 have been announced.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1207044

This is a thread for everyone to ask questions regarding these guidelines and so we can address any concerns anyone may have.

So, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Where can we discuss Jeremy Lin? The mods put a lock on Jeremy Lin, and Rockets do not like when we come to their boards to discuss Jeremy Lin.

Do posters who are really insecure and ultra defensive about Melo get any sort of punishment as well? Sometimes they will go into a thread and start off by posting something like:

"Yea its Melo fault, he is not a team player, he is out of shape"

And this is before anyone even says anything about him.

RIP: Sky_Knicks, DocZaius
Travis Knight

Head Coach
And1: 353

Post#19 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Sun Oct 7, 2012 3:04 am by Howard Mass

Shpati21,

I am actually going to leave this to The Knicks Moderators to decide. They know best how to run this forum and I do like to give the Moderators some creative control on the forums.
Howard Mass

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#20 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Sun Oct 7, 2012 3:06 am by BOOMbip

I don't really know how this is going to work but it will be interesting to see how it will. :lol:
BOOMbip
Banned User
And1: 170
Location: The views expressed are intended for entertaiment purposes only

Next

Return to New York Knicks