ImageImageImageImageImage

New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

KingzAndQueenz
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#201 » by KingzAndQueenz » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:47 pm

Thanks for the support Thugger/Fat Kat. Knew I didn't do anything wrong really. I'm just gonna stay away. It's all trolls on the GB anyway.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,754

Post#202 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:50 pm

Hey Mods.

No issue with my suspension. I earned it. Not my usual way of dealing with things.

I do have to bring up the issue of the constant Fake Fan Trolling one last time and then I'll be on my way.

This board is overrun by posters who bait posters with taunts of being fake fans and whiners and it is the primary issue nobody wants to address.

It is not enough to flag them because there is no precedent made clear to the board as a whole if every instance has to be dealt with privately.

If you want to support the open exchange of conflicting opinions, you do have to suspend people for something like my post yesterday, but if you want to actually change anything at all it would be helpful to simply step into threads from time to time and remind people to not bait with this offensive fake fan garbage. It has really brought down the board and it encourages the worst posters on this board with the implicit assumption they can do it any time and it is OK.

These people are in the minority and it would take very little to send a calm message this is not OK. Just flagging them sends no message to the board so I'm encourage you to make this clear to the board, not just individuals on a case by case basis. I never wanted to pester you by by flagging every post, particularly since when it happens it is a pack of people who egg each other on.

When I post something that is in the minority view, it is often far more nuanced than the gross generalizations these trolls imply. When I say I am not satisfied with the team's performance while still believing they should still sweep the Celtics, this gets perverted into some form of bashing the team when I am only stating a higher standard I hold the team to. There is often praise mixed in with my critiques and this gets lost when having to deal with multiple attacks.

I take responsibility for my lapse in judgment, but that should not obscure the issue of these ridiculous provocations that I should not have allowed to get under my skin though it did. I'm usually pretty even-handed, so I hope you reconsider this need for sending a message that trolling with these fake fan/whiner insults is not OK. Those people have the same opportunity to dispute opinions as anyone else and I hope you encourage that approach to the board with some more clarity.

We're all fans. I'd like to see the respect for this common ground given more support.

Thank you,
Clyde
ImageImageImage
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#203 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:14 am

Clyde, I can't speak for the other mods, but I dont believe every poster that posts on this board primarily are Knicks fans.

We have some that are, we have some who have diverted a notch, and we have some who are fans of their opinion.

You can see it their post.

But all of that is irrelevant, I agree to an extent of the "fake fan" commentary, that can be worked..to an extent.

All teams have fake fans though....it's called "Bandwagon".

Clyde, I'm gonna send a pm in a sec.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
frogfood
Suspended
And1: 1,609

Post#204 » by frogfood » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:58 pm

Can we just have a stickied thread to consolidate all the instances where ESPN, Sports radio, Fat Francessa, whoever disrespect the New York Knickerbockers?
Bran Fast Hands
Banned User
And1: 798

Post#205 » by Bran Fast Hands » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:20 am

Yo Thugger/any other mod can you change it so that I can send/view PM's? Also can you change my COPPA status, when I signed up I accidentally checked that box reading it as 1988 instead of 1998, haha.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,762

Post#206 » by Stannis » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:28 pm

Bran Fast Hands,

If Thugger or any other Knick moderator cannot help you, check out the feedback and suggestions forum, homie:
viewforum.php?f=40

Someone had the exact same issue as you, and one of the admins helped them:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1247169
Free Palestine
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#207 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:13 pm

Bran Fast Hands wrote:Yo Thugger/any other mod can you change it so that I can send/view PM's? Also can you change my COPPA status, when I signed up I accidentally checked that box reading it as 1988 instead of 1998, haha.

Sorry i couldn't to it fast enough, but it seems Shpati21 gave a solid answer.

Also you can PM Howard directly, if you choose.

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,703

Post#208 » by F N 11 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:16 pm

Just wondering If I will ever get my sig privilege back Thugger. I lost it back in 2006
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#209 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:19 pm

JayKnicKz11 wrote:Just wondering If I will ever get my sig privilege back Thugger. I lost it back in 2006

I see this in your box, are you able to edit or see it?

We’re ending it Wednesday,” Martin said, telling his teammates to, “Wear black. Funeral colors.’’

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,703

Post#210 » by F N 11 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:21 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
JayKnicKz11 wrote:Just wondering If I will ever get my sig privilege back Thugger. I lost it back in 2006

We’re ending it Wednesday,” Martin said, telling his teammates to, “Wear black. Funeral colors.’’

Oh I figured that I can write words but was unable to put an actual sig pic/gif.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#211 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:25 pm

JayKnicKz11 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:

Oh I figured that I can write words but was unable to put an actual sig pic/gif.

I think if it's blocked it's the whole item.

If you can type it, you can should be able to have gifs and stuff too, just keep it the proper size and your good as far as i know.

ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,949

Post#212 » by ITGM » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:19 pm

How do I disable the new notification for receiving emails when people quote my posts?

Thnx Mods,
-ITGM
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#213 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:26 pm

ITGM wrote:How do I disable the new notification for receiving emails when people quote my posts?

Thnx Mods,
-ITGM

click "user cp", then "board preferences", and i think it's the "edit posting defauts" on the left side and check the "no" buton next to "Notify me upon replies by default:"

That should be what does it, i have mine at No, so i dont get emails on quotes.

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,762

Post#214 » by Stannis » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:28 pm

Yea, same here. I'm trying to figure that out. It does not even work correctly for now. For me, it just sends a quote notification when I quote someone. They are still probably working on it.

Though, you can disable the Topic Reply notification in the User Control by going to the Board Preferences tab and click on the Edit Posting Defaults section. You should see it there. I don't see a Quote option though. Although, I haven't gotten a Quote Notification since I disabled the Topic Reply option.
Free Palestine
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,949

Post#215 » by ITGM » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:29 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
ITGM wrote:How do I disable the new notification for receiving emails when people quote my posts?

Thnx Mods,
-ITGM

click "user cp", then "board preferences", and i think it's the "edit posting defauts" on the left side and check the "no" buton next to "Notify me upon replies by default:"

That should be what does it, i have mine at No, so i dont get emails on quotes.

Thnx Bro, I don't know how it was switched it yes. Weird!
ca1
Senior
And1: 285

Post#216 » by ca1 » Tue May 21, 2013 1:38 am

Question, why would a "topic" be locked.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,223

Post#217 » by Luv those Knicks » Tue May 21, 2013 3:19 am

ca1 wrote:Question, why would a "topic" be locked.

there's a few reasons. if a discussion gets ugly, full of insults, comments like "your mother #*#*@#", Mods will lock it. or, if it's an announcement by a global mod or administrator, often it will be locked after cause it's not meant for discussion, only meant as an announcement. Threads can also be locked or moved if they are not forum appropriate, happens more often on the General board if a post compares 2 players, it might get moved to the player comparison board. Finally, if a person is selling something, promoting their own website while pretending to make a post, that invites locking, or if an article is posted already, the 2nd posting will often get locked cause nobody wants 2 threads on the same subject. . . or the 2 threads might be merged.

Locking is mod discretion and not everyone will agree on whether it's appropriate, but as the song says. If you listen to fools, the Mod rules.
Go NY Go NY Go
ca1
Senior
And1: 285

Post#218 » by ca1 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:55 pm

ok thanks for the info, I only ask bc my topic was locked for no reason yesterday lol. Thanks for your time.

Return to New York Knicks