ImageImageImageImageImage

New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#81 » by AllanHoustonFan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:07 pm

knicksosmoove wrote:I've been in several Lin threads that were cut short by a random mod who disapproved of it. So what if there were other Lin threads? Those threads were good and lively and just because those sort of threads tend to attract the fans who have negative things to say about the Knicks doesn't mean they're inherently bad. Usually, the threads were started because there was some sort of fresh take on the matter like when an interview with Jeremy was published.

I think you guys would do better to stop focusing on that behavior and start focusing on the baiting and the mobs that form on this board. that's what's really bringing the quality down.

The Lin threads usually became a racial thing after all the arguing. Just ask AdrenaLINe.
#MKGA
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#82 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:18 pm

knicksosmoove wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:We're not trying to get everyone to become homers. In fact, I think that would make this site much more hard to read. When posters decide to stop posting, it is their call. We have nothing to do with their decisions.

You do have something to do with their decisions to leave. You could focus on cutting out the mobs and the baiting and you could stop locking threads regarding Lin, Carmelo, and Dolan so much.

Lin threads have already been explained.

The "I hate Dolan/Melo thread" ran its course.

Nobody is stopping them from coming here to talk basketball. It's the senseless baiting and trolling that needs to stop. People are more than welcome to stating their displeasure with the Knicks.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,929

Post#83 » by Stannis » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:51 pm

It looks like mods finally formed their entourage. Now we can all reminisce and discuss how great this team is.
Free Palestine
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#84 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:51 pm

Shpati21 wrote:It looks like mods finally formed their entourage. Now we can all reminisce and discuss how great this team is.

What?
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#85 » by DocZaius » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:29 pm

Shpati21 wrote:It looks like mods finally formed their entourage. Now we can all reminisce and discuss how great this team is.

I'll pay you a visit while you're on death row :lol:

Heck I might be joining you there soon enough :lol:
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,495

Post#86 » by j4remi » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:33 pm

knicksosmoove wrote:I've been in several Lin threads that were cut short by a random mod who disapproved of it. So what if there were other Lin threads? Those threads were good and lively and just because those sort of threads tend to attract the fans who have negative things to say about the Knicks doesn't mean they're inherently bad. Usually, the threads were started because there was some sort of fresh take on the matter like when an interview with Jeremy was published.

I think you guys would do better to stop focusing on that behavior and start focusing on the baiting and the mobs that form on this board. that's what's really bringing the quality down.

Go to the new guidelines, read them over and tell me what gives you the impression that we're not aiming to stop the behaviors you're complaining about...I've said this a few times, there's no reason for our front page to have multiple threads about a Houston Rocket. If Gallo was getting that much attention for each interview and unnamed source about him, we'd be shutting those down too...and we'd do the same to every other player in the league that isn't a Knick. I think that makes plenty of sense, especially since I took part in a long discussion about one of those articles in the around the nba thread where we directed people to check for it and where those who really wanted to talk about it were able to discuss it without any issue.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#87 » by DocZaius » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:33 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
knicksosmoove wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:We're not trying to get everyone to become homers. In fact, I think that would make this site much more hard to read. When posters decide to stop posting, it is their call. We have nothing to do with their decisions.

You do have something to do with their decisions to leave. You could focus on cutting out the mobs and the baiting and you could stop locking threads regarding Lin, Carmelo, and Dolan so much.

Nobody is stopping them from coming here to talk basketball. It's the senseless baiting and trolling that needs to stop. People are more than welcome to stating their displeasure with the Knicks.

Where was this modding when TKF was getting his skull kicked in by the e-thugs?

I know he is a very prideful guy but someone should have been there to close down those hideous threads for him.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,452

Post#88 » by ibraheim718 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:45 pm

DocZaius wrote:

I know he is a very prideful guy but someone should have been there to close down those hideous threads for him.

No offense DocZ because I've grown an appreciation for your style of posting... which is erring on the side of the franchise never being able to do anything right and the hovering cloud of black matter that is above the team and will hang around until Dolan is gone.. But TKF handled his business... I doubt any particular group of posters chased him away... he just got tired of being so heavily invested into something where he wasn't getting any payoff. He didn't run from anything or anybody.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#89 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:46 pm

DocZaius wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
knicksosmoove wrote:You do have something to do with their decisions to leave. You could focus on cutting out the mobs and the baiting and you could stop locking threads regarding Lin, Carmelo, and Dolan so much.

You don't think we were giving suspensions, warnings, and pming people about that? Ok, Doc.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#90 » by Stannis » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:15 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
DocZaius wrote:

No offense DocZ because I've grown an appreciation for your style of posting... which is erring on the side of the franchise never being able to do anything right and the hovering cloud of black matter that is above the team and will hang around until Dolan is gone.. But TKF handled his business... I doubt any particular group of posters chased him away... he just got tired of being so heavily invested into something where he wasn't getting any payoff. He didn't run from anything or anybody.

I agree. I cannot speak for TKF. He might have gotten sick of those thugs ganging up on him and baiting him, but I doubt he retired because of that.

TKF has been here since 2001. That is a long time. He just wanted to make better use of his time.
Free Palestine
ORANGEandBLUE
RealGM
And1: 1,334

Post#91 » by ORANGEandBLUE » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:10 pm

j4remi wrote:Btw, no one has said anything about Gameday threads...It's the PRESEASON...thus, no Game Day Threads. The OT threads are something that make this board unique and in the offseason/preseason the OT portion of the board always thrives. As for Jets/Giants/Yankee threads, typically I've noticed that they don't get locked or shut down...after a while they get moved over to the proper forum because those forums need traffic (I'm on the Jets forum every game day).

I don't get the dislike for the OT threads, since I've posted here they've been a big part of the boards and promoted a more communal feel to this place. People actually post personal stories and get advice around this way and it's cool to see. If it's just anger with the Around the NBA thread then that's worth discussing. I think once the season starts, if we have game day threads going up then the Around the NBA thread can be used for news only and it will all be a lot easier to sift through. It's all an experiment.

Saying that Lin threads belong on the Houston board is like saying these threads belong on the OT board.

In either case, people post these threads here because they want to discuss the topic with posters on this board.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#92 » by ibraheim718 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:25 pm

Strange phenomena that this Lin kid created... Every Knicks forum I've been to they all have done the same thing banned Lin threads... And every Rockets forum I've visited to check in they've banned Lin Knicks highlights or talk.

So in essence Lin made everyone minus the casual fan sick of him and his antics (playing good exciting basketball or rooting for the underdog) and the powers that be in all corners of the NBA blogoshpere want everyone to pretend like it never happened. This place was definitely a unique and different forum where people could speak their minds a little more freely but the forum followed right along with the status quo which is following anyone who wants to reminisce about Linsanity or keep up with the kid's career or even just show an appreciation for what we got out of it and that is don't talk about Linsanity, it's done, it's over, and you'd be better off pretending it never happened. Truly weird stuff. :lol: Someone should do a study..
Stannis
RealGM

Post#93 » by Stannis » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:10 am

I know the new policy does not directly affect these problems, mostly just derailing; but, What about this thread?:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1150185&start=675

If someone put this much thought into a "Trade Melo" thread, would it get locked or stay opened forever?
Free Palestine
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#94 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:32 pm

Shpati21 wrote:I know the new policy does not directly affect these problems, mostly just derailing; but, What about this thread?:

If someone put this much thought into a "Trade Melo" thread, would it get locked or stay opened forever?

The thing is...... pretty much everyone would be willing to trade Stat if the team could get anything useful back.

But I've noticed in that thread, especially the opening post, the poster put alot of thought and work into it, and it isn't distasteful, offensive, or any version of baiting in the form of calling posters out.

He cited legit thoughts as to why he created that thread.

Now the question I'd have for you is...

Do you think anyone can compile an equal to that thread for Melo?

And for the record I would think this stickied thread pretty much covered exactly what you asked for and it was left there for the whole summer....

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1196705&f=24
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,495

Post#95 » by j4remi » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:03 pm

ORANGEandBLUE wrote:
j4remi wrote:Btw, no one has said anything about Gameday threads...It's the PRESEASON...thus, no Game Day Threads. The OT threads are something that make this board unique and in the offseason/preseason the OT portion of the board always thrives. As for Jets/Giants/Yankee threads, typically I've noticed that they don't get locked or shut down...after a while they get moved over to the proper forum because those forums need traffic (I'm on the Jets forum every game day).

I don't get the dislike for the OT threads, since I've posted here they've been a big part of the boards and promoted a more communal feel to this place. People actually post personal stories and get advice around this way and it's cool to see. If it's just anger with the Around the NBA thread then that's worth discussing. I think once the season starts, if we have game day threads going up then the Around the NBA thread can be used for news only and it will all be a lot easier to sift through. It's all an experiment.

Saying that Lin threads belong on the Houston board is like saying these threads belong on the OT board.

In either case, people post these threads here because they want to discuss the topic with posters on this board.

Miss me with that logic, I've said repeatedly and in the Lin thread I locked I stated "discuss him in the around the nba thread" because the board shouldn't be cluttered with threads about one player who isn't on our team, in our division or even in our conference. There's a place on this board where discussions about the latest Lin news have taken place, so I don't see why anyone should be complaining that they have no where to chat about Lin on this board. Here's my exact post in the Around the NBA thread after I closed a Lin thread

j4remi wrote:
I shut down the new thread that was posted about this, but it's a legit article from a news source and it's on the wiretap...It warrants discussion somewhere, though I'll try to keep an eye on everything and make sure the conversation doesn't turn into a mess of insults and fighting. So far, I think the discussion has been alright.

And the discussion about that article goes on for PAGES...So to pretend that we've banned all Lin discussion from the board is just off base. The need to have full on threads about the kid seems a tad crazy to me after we had an official Lin thread all summer. The concept that every other Knicks board is doing similar things just tells me that moderators are universally fed up with the bickering, divisiveness and lack of maturity that seems to creep into EVERY LIN RELATED THREAD. It's not a conspiracy and you guys should all be able to admit that there hasn't been a Lin related thread all summer that didn't end with flaming, baiting, warnings, suspensions and typically locks. It makes perfect sense to me.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
NYK Mentality
Banned User
And1: 25

Post#96 » by NYK Mentality » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:53 pm

I'm not a fan of Jeremy Lin. I've moved on in full support of Felton, Kidd and Pablo, but...

Let's stop acting like Jeremy Lin is "just some other ex-Knick". He was the top story of the NBA last season. Captured the hearts of millions of Knick fans. Including myself. But, I was able to move on without having to talk Jeremy Lin. Everyone is different.

With all that said? Knick fans do have THAT RIGHT to talk Jeremy Lin here on the Knicks board. Please, let's stop being so power-hungry and allow an official Jeremy Lin thread. I won't ever go to a Houston Rockets message board to talk Jeremy Lin, while risk getting banned from one of those MODS who I've never spoke with. Same goes for the general NBA forum, the Knicks are hated, and Knick fans drop like flies over there. What's the problem with having ONE Jeremy Lin thread? We have 10-15 off topic threads on here.

Why not allow Jeremy Lin fans, supporters, critics etc, etc the chance to get their Jeremy Lin 'fix in' by talking Lin with an official Jeremy Lin thread? What's the harm? You don't wanna read about Lin? Fine. Because it's simple... Don't freaking click the link. It'll only be one (of many) threads on the first page. What's the problem?

If we have an all-around NBA thread, I'm sorry, but I don't wanna hear about Lin. Not inside the all-around the NBA thread I don't. Open up an official Jeremy Lin thread, and problem solved. You don't wanna read about Lin? Don't open the link. It's as simple as that. But, for people who wish to speak of Jeremy Lin after each and every game? That's their right. I would hope so at least.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Post#97 » by blueNorange » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:55 pm

read the rules, it should be dubbed the doczaius law :D
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#98 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:16 pm

NYK Mentality wrote:I'm not a fan of Jeremy Lin. I've moved on in full support of Felton, Kidd and Pablo, but...

Let's stop acting like Jeremy Lin is "just some other ex-Knick". He was the top story of the NBA last season. Captured the hearts of millions of Knick fans. Including myself. But, I was able to move on without having to talk Jeremy Lin. Everyone is different.

With all that said? Knick fans do have THAT RIGHT to talk Jeremy Lin here on the Knicks board. Please, let's stop being so power-hungry and allow an official Jeremy Lin thread. I won't ever go to a Houston Rockets message board to talk Jeremy Lin, while risk getting banned from one of those MODS who I've never spoke with. Same goes for the general NBA forum, the Knicks are hated, and Knick fans drop like flies over there. What's the problem with having ONE Jeremy Lin thread? We have 10-15 off topic threads on here.

Why not allow Jeremy Lin fans, supporters, critics etc, etc the chance to get their Jeremy Lin 'fix in' by talking Lin with an official Jeremy Lin thread? What's the harm? You don't wanna read about Lin? Fine. Because it's simple... Don't freaking click the link. It'll only be one (of many) threads on the first page. What's the problem?

If we have an all-around NBA thread, I'm sorry, but I don't wanna hear about Lin. Not inside the all-around the NBA thread I don't. Open up an official Jeremy Lin thread, and problem solved. You don't wanna read about Lin? Don't open the link. It's as simple as that. But, for people who wish to speak of Jeremy Lin after each and every game? That's their right. I would hope so at least.

Wait... I posted some old stuff from you where you were gushing over Jeremy Lin... so maybe you should start your post out with "I used to be a fan of Jeremy Lin" and then add a caveat *when he was a Knick.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#99 » by Stannis » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:18 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Shpati21 wrote:I know the new policy does not directly affect these problems, mostly just derailing; but, What about this thread?:

The thing is...... pretty much everyone would be willing to trade Stat if the team could get anything useful back.

But I've noticed in that thread, especially the opening post, the poster put alot of thought and work into it, and it isn't distasteful, offensive, or any version of baiting in the form of calling posters out.

And for the record I would think this stickied thread pretty much covered exactly what you asked for and it was left there for the whole summer....

I know many are willing to trade Amar’e.

I do think that someone can compile an equal thread for Melo. I think I can, but I won’t unless I actually see him play in this upcoming regular season.

As long as that Amar’e thread is up, people will hit Amar'e while he is down; even though, we do not know if he will redeem himself in the regular season or not.

The sticky thread in the summer was more of a rant thread, where posters can let out there anger, which was cool. It was locked, and it was not a just a Melo thread either.

Stat should be treated the same as Melo on the boards.

So my question to you is, if I (or anyone else), were to put that much effort into a “Trade Melo” thread and compile is equal to or greater than the Amar’e thread, will it got locked?
Free Palestine
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#100 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:54 pm

Shpati21 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:

I know many are willing to trade Amar’e.

I do think that someone can compile an equal thread for Melo. I think I can, but I won’t unless I actually see him play in this upcoming regular season.

As long as that Amar’e thread is up, people will hit Amar'e while he is down; even though, we do not know if he will redeem himself in the regular season or not.

The sticky thread in the summer was more of a rant thread, where posters can let out there anger, which was cool. It was locked, and it was not a just a Melo thread either.

Stat should be treated the same as Melo on the boards.

So my question to you is, if I (or anyone else), were to put that much effort into a “Trade Melo” thread and compile is equal to or greater than the Amar’e thread, will it got locked?

If someone put as much work like Albert did with his , I wouldn't lock on that merit alone.

Threads get locked from my witnessing due to baiting, derailment and lack of any new material in such.

IMO, almost any subject is talked about on here.

Its the dialogue on the inside of the thread that usually kill it.

Sent from my Asus TR700T-B1-GR using Xparent Sky Blue Tapatalk 2
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten

Return to New York Knicks