ImageImageImageImageImage

New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#101 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:59 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Threads get locked from my witnessing due to baiting, derailment and lack of any new material in such.

Bingo.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,400

Post#102 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:39 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Threads get locked from my witnessing due to baiting, derailment and lack of any new material in such.

Bingo.

Come on now.. that thread got locked because people kept going in there to complain about how disgusting it was to have a thread like that on the forum. The guys who were in their venting and I was one of them used that thread accordingly and I think it was one of the smartest things ever done around here.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#103 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:41 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

Bingo.

Come on now.. that thread got locked because people kept going in there to complain about how disgusting it was to have a thread like that on the forum. The guys who were in their venting and I was one of them used that thread accordingly and I think it was one of the smartest things ever done around here.

The baiting, trolling, and personal attacks were going on the entire thread.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#104 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:47 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:

That goes on in every thread... it's in my sig revisit it and you'll see who did all the baiting... the baiting was done by people who knew damn well what was being talked about and yet they went in and provoked the people who were in there doing exactly the things the thread was created for. Why didn't they just stay out?
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,768

Post#105 » by Stannis » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:02 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

That goes on in every thread... it's in my sig revisit it and you'll see who did all the baiting... the baiting was done by people who knew damn well what was being talked about and yet they went in and provoked the people who were in there doing exactly the things the thread was created for. Why didn't they just stay out?

I'm going to make a new one that is more "respectful", so it can stay open forever, during the season. That is if there is legitimate disappointment.
Free Palestine
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#106 » by Thugger HBC » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:16 am

If you guys are talking about the "screw Dolan melo etc " I fully admit I voiced my displeasure of it.

Mainly because it was stickied right smack on top.

But what was even worse that convo spilled out into several other threads as well.

I was asked to stay out from several mods and I did so after that.

But that thread sat there literally the whole off season, why the complaints is beyond me

Sent from my Asus TR700T-B1-GR using Xparent Sky Blue Tapatalk 2
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#107 » by Falstaffxx » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:07 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:If you guys are talking about the "screw Dolan melo etc " I fully admit I voiced my displeasure of it.

But what was even worse that convo spilled out into several other threads as well.

But that thread sat there literally the whole off season, why the complaints is beyond me

It didn't "spill out" into other threads - it was an appropriate part of other threads. The reasons for the anger at this franchise are still just as real and relevant now as they were 3 months ago, and it's applicable to a whole range of Knicks-related topics.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#108 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:23 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:If you guys are talking about the "screw Dolan melo etc " I fully admit I voiced my displeasure of it.

:lol: Let's not front... you and KT both did what would be considered baiting in that thread. To me it doesn't matter because every single one of us moderator or not is guilty of baiting so I'm not going to throw stones.

I will admit the title of the thread should have been changed to the "Official Venting Thread" because the title could've been misconstrued as baiting.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#109 » by TKF » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:30 am

Shpati21 wrote:I know the new policy does not directly affect these problems, mostly just derailing; but, What about this thread?:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1150185&start=675

If someone put this much thought into a "Trade Melo" thread, would it get locked or stay opened forever?

BINGO.. GLAD you mentioned this.. I was about to.. but you know how that goes....
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#110 » by TKF » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:42 am

If someone put as much work like Albert did with his , I wouldn't lock on that merit alone.

Threads get locked from my witnessing due to baiting, derailment and lack of any new material in such.

IMO, almost any subject is talked about on here.

Its the dialogue on the inside of the thread that usually kill it.

you know what, I have a beef with this so called "derailment"... for example..

in the thread about carmelo getting some love... the discussion moves on to "clutch" shooters..

pharmcat post... "melo is the best scorer in the league and I am happy he is here"..

now is that baiting? because as soon as I respond to that. since statistically that is so far from the truth, I would get accused of derailing.. it seems like the derailment argument gets thrown around when someone challenges claims that are popular on the boards..... we were talking about clutch shooters so I am not sure why that comment was made, plus pharmcat knows that a comment like that is going to get challenged, especially in that kind of thread....

I didn't even bother responding to his post... It looked like a set up....

just saying....
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#111 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:42 am

TKF wrote:
Shpati21 wrote:I know the new policy does not directly affect these problems, mostly just derailing; but, What about this thread?:

If someone put this much thought into a "Trade Melo" thread, would it get locked or stay opened forever?

BINGO.. GLAD you mentioned this.. I was about to.. but you know how that goes....

How does it go, considering I immediately answered the poster.

I specifically said if he or someone put as much effort and fact into such a thread I wouldn't touch it.

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#112 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:51 am

TKF I can give you a perfect example of derailment......

In the "trade amare" thread........

"Let's trade Melo for Josh Smith'......

Has zero to do with trading Amare and glad really no one bit on that.

You've been here a long time.

You know derailment when you see it.

TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#113 » by TKF » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:00 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
TKF wrote:

How does it go, considering I immediately answered the poster.

I specifically said if he or someone put as much effort and fact into such a thread I wouldn't touch it.

had i mentioned this, it may not have gone so easy.... thats all.. it just seems that way.... so I am glad someone else addressed it..
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#114 » by TKF » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:05 am

Thugger HBC wrote:TKF I can give you a perfect example of derailment......

In the "trade amare" thread........

"Let's trade Melo for Josh Smith'......

Has zero to do with trading Amare and glad really no one bit on that.

You've been here a long time.

You know derailment when you see it.

had it been said that way maybe.. but I also said a lot of things before hand, and I was saying move both as in do a complete clean up job..

it wasn't meant to bait... that is the problem, everything that is not all peaches and cream about melo is considered baiting.....

the amare thread and the reason you stated why it is allowed to stay up to me is lame thugger..... I mean no need to beat around the bush here, right? I can think of and put together a well thought out post of why we should trade all of our big contracts... and guess what, not only would it be closed, but It would be labeled baiting...

and to prove my point thugger.... if there ever happens to be a thread , a negative thread about melo.. if that is even allowed, I will post in there a glowing post about melo and then I will attack another knick player.. maybe chandler, maybe even amare.. and no one will consider it derailing...

but hey, don't worry , I just wanted to get that off my chest... and clarify a few things... I got it.... and I will leave it alone....
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#115 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:10 am

TKF wrote:
had i mentioned this, it may not have gone so easy.... thats all.. it just seems that way.... so I am glad someone else addressed it..

There is nothing to address.

Rarely are threads locked unless the subject matter belongs somewhere else and normally whoever locked it states it in the last post of the thread.

Usually the posts on the inside are the ones that gets threads locked, not the actual topic.

I extend the same invite to you that I have the other poster.

Go for it with the same effort and fact finding as Albert did.

Otherwise I ask you to leave the subject alone.

TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#116 » by TKF » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:25 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
TKF wrote:

There is nothing to address.

Rarely are threads locked unless the subject matter belongs somewhere else and normally whoever locked it states it in the last post of the thread.

Usually the posts on the inside are the ones that gets threads locked, not the actual topic.

I extend the same invite to you that I have the other poster.

Go for it with the same effort and fact finding as Albert did.

Otherwise I ask you to leave the subject alone.

why ask that when I stated at the end of my last post that is what I am doing... unless you just felt you had to say it again, or you just didn't see my last post..... where I said.. " I will leave it alone"..
ORANGEandBLUE
RealGM
And1: 1,334

Post#117 » by ORANGEandBLUE » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:32 pm

j4remi wrote:
Miss me with that logic, I've said repeatedly and in the Lin thread I locked I stated "discuss him in the around the nba thread" because the board shouldn't be cluttered with threads about one player who isn't on our team, in our division or even in our conference. There's a place on this board where discussions about the latest Lin news have taken place, so I don't see why anyone should be complaining that they have no where to chat about Lin on this board.

Allowing one thread devoted entirely to Lin is not "clutter."

Clearly a lot of people are not satisfied with having to discuss Lin in the around the nba thread. What's the harm in just allowing one "all-things-Lin" thread. If it's "not relevant to the Knicks," as you guys like to say, then nobody will post in it and it will fall off page 1. I just think the posters should decide what's relevant.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#118 » by Thugger HBC » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:24 pm

There was an "all things Lin" thread for most of the offseason. It gave everyone an opportunity to discuss anything involving Lin positive or negative,, including myself.

In its last days it reached a point where it was hardly even about Lin, but rather about race of all things.

It reached its course, and as of right now, the "NBA" thread gets good Lin discussion.

But a dedicated thread for a "non knick"?

Not likely.

ORANGEandBLUE
RealGM
And1: 1,334

Post#119 » by ORANGEandBLUE » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:32 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:There was an "all things Lin" thread for most of the offseason. It gave everyone an opportunity to discuss anything involving Lin positive or negative,, including myself.

In its last days it reached a point where it was hardly even about Lin, but rather about race of all things.

It reached its course, and as of right now, the "NBA" thread gets good Lin discussion.

Not likely.

Well, the racial derailing of the Lin thread was mostly due to posters who, imo, are long overdue for a suspension or banning.

And my concern with the around the NBA thread is that it may turn into a de facto Lin thread, thus preventing any general 'around the nba' discussion. I guess we'll see.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#120 » by Thugger HBC » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:45 pm

ORANGEandBLUE wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:There was an "all things Lin" thread for most of the offseason. It gave everyone an opportunity to discuss anything involving Lin positive or negative,, including myself.

Not likely.

Well, the racial derailing of the Lin thread was mostly due to posters who, imo, are long overdue for a suspension or banning.

And my concern with the around the NBA thread is that it may turn into a de facto Lin thread, thus preventing any general 'around the nba' discussion. I guess we'll see.

That is possible.

I'm positive the NBA thread will be branched out in some form, but I agree.....we'll see how it rolls.

Return to New York Knicks