yardbarker

New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thread

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, j4remi, Thugger HBC, GONYK, Thorn, mrpoetryNmotion, NoLayupRule, Brooklyn_Yards

Post#151 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Tue Nov 6, 2012 1:16 pm by NYK Mentality

j4remi wrote: Or you could just relax while the mods discuss what to do next. Just have a little patience with us.

I am relaxed bro, just discussing questions and concerns (what this thread was created for). But what's the problem with creating a thread with an actual poll in order to see where our fan base stands? You stated yourself, that it's something that has to be discussed amongst the mods and more input from other posters would be nice as well. There is no better way for input from our posters, than a poll. We want input from our fan base? Fine, then let's create the thread (poll). You've even stated below, that gameday threads would be allowed come the regular season, no?

j4remi wrote: Btw, no one has said anything about Gameday threads...It's the PRESEASON...thus, no Game Day Threads.

I wanna enjoy our gameday threads once again, without being involved in a thread that's over 100 pages long with old arguments from 2-3 days ago coming to light while we're trying to talk NBA basketball games.
NYK Mentality
Starter
And1: 25

Post#152 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Tue Nov 6, 2012 1:24 pm by Thugger HBC

NYK Mentality, we're talking about it right now.

Just have a little patience, we'll get there to something I'm sure everyone can live with.
:D Murry is my new hopeful, I'll gladly provide wagon service.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1263590&start=540
Thugger HBC

Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 3,699
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#153 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Tue Nov 6, 2012 1:47 pm by j4remi

Keeping it simple, if people felt that strongly they would have done what you guys did and posted here (hence my more input comment). We've gotten a few opinions about what to do next, but we're discussing a couple of things.

I told you we'd discuss it today and we've literally been discussing it, beating the dead horse isn't gonna speed up the process...calm down and give us a while to get a consensus.
BAT - Hawks
Rajon Rondo/Brian Roberts/Shane Larkin
Kyle Korver/Evan Fournier
Terrence Ross/Vince Carter
Al Horford/Mike Scott/Jonas Jerebko
Brandan Wright/Jermaine O'neal

j4remi

Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 1,861

Post#154 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Tue Nov 6, 2012 8:40 pm by Abe_505

j4remi wrote:Keeping it simple, if people felt that strongly they would have done what you guys did and posted here (hence my more input comment). We've gotten a few opinions about what to do next, but we're discussing a couple of things.

I told you we'd discuss it today and we've literally been discussing it, beating the dead horse isn't gonna speed up the process...calm down and give us a while to get a consensus.

Honestly I didn't see a problem with one thread... posts are timestamped with the date so finding out what days games are being discussed is rather simple.
Brooklyn Nets
PG:J.Holiday/Jarret Jack/Zach Lavine
SG:A. Bradley/Gary Neal/Zach Lavine
SF:C.Anthony/Nick Young/F.Garcia
PF:T.Gibson/K.Humphries/A.Randolph
C: S.Adams/K. Humphries/C. Hayes
Abe_505
RealGM
And1: 3,275

Post#155 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Wed Nov 7, 2012 3:32 am by Brooklyn_Yards

ibraheim718 wrote:
Honestly I didn't see a problem with one thread... posts are timestamped with the date so finding out what days games are being discussed is rather simple.

It's took hard to do that apparently too much reading and logic involved.
knicks94 wrote:If Phil were smart he would take his limo to Connecticut and speak with Vin Baker.
Brooklyn_Yards

Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 3,289

Post#156 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:23 pm by gethigh

I have a question. Why do some of the mods on this forum hate the team and root against it?
gethigh
Analyst
And1: 69

Post#157 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:17 pm by Vorikan

I would try to trade Stat for Gasol,i think that D'Antoni would want Stoudemire in Lakers uniform
-Stat&Nash were the most important players in Suns,with D'Antoni as a coach.He is also great in P&R with Nash.
-He is faster than Gasol,we all know that Lakers are probably gonna play fast in new system Run and gun.
-I've been reading some speculations that D'Antoni is not the biggest fan of Gasol,he is to slow for him.
Knicks would get:
-We all know that Stat and Anthony are not playing good together,not the right chemistry
-Gasol is more of a all-around player than STAT,he can fit in many sistems
-He is a better rebounder,better defender aswell.

I think that this is a win-win situation for both teams,it's worth a try at least especially if Gasol is not gonna fit in D'Antoni system and if Melo and Amare will struggle again together on the court.
Vorikan
Junior
And1: 24

Post#158 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:31 am by Rasho Brezec

Something needs to be done about posters who keep bringing up those who don't post here anymore and discuss them. I usually read the postgame thread when I wake up but it's really annoying having to browse through pages of posts by old women bitching about posts from other boards. How pathetic must you be to go to sites other than RealGM to track down what former posters are saying and then bring that **** here?
Rasho Brezec

RealGM
And1: 5,965

Post#159 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:07 pm by Knickstape1214

if you see it, then report it. the posts that i have seen, i end up giving them a warning.
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle

http://24secondclock.wordpress.com --> My blog! Check it out for articles on anything and everything NBA.
Knickstape1214

Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,530

Post#160 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:52 pm by E86

It's really annoying when Rasho posts. Since individual opinions of what is annoying is cause for reporting, should I report him every time he posts?
E86
Analyst
And1: 372

Post#161 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:09 pm by Knickstape1214

BigE86 wrote:It's really annoying when Rasho posts. Since individual opinions of what is annoying is cause for reporting, should I report him every time he posts?

?

if you don't like someone's posts, ignore him / his posts.
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle

http://24secondclock.wordpress.com --> My blog! Check it out for articles on anything and everything NBA.
Knickstape1214

Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,530

Post#162 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:12 pm by 21shumpshumpst

BigE86 wrote:It's really annoying when Rasho posts. Since individual opinions of what is annoying is cause for reporting, should I report him every time he posts?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
21shumpshumpst
Veteran
And1: 36

Post#163 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:02 am by E86

Knickstape1214 wrote:

?

if you don't like someone's posts, ignore him / his posts.

Sweet. So Rasho should just ignore the posts that are annoying to him.
E86
Analyst
And1: 372

Post#164 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:49 am by Travis Knight

^^^ Tracking down old posters and bringing them up, especially in a post game thread, severely derails discussion though.

gethigh wrote:I have a question. Why do some of the mods on this forum hate the team and root against it?

Which mods do this?

Vorikan wrote:I would try to trade Stat for Gasol,i think that D'Antoni would want Stoudemire in Lakers uniform
-Stat&Nash were the most important players in Suns,with D'Antoni as a coach.He is also great in P&R with Nash.
-He is faster than Gasol,we all know that Lakers are probably gonna play fast in new system Run and gun.
-I've been reading some speculations that D'Antoni is not the biggest fan of Gasol,he is to slow for him.
Knicks would get:
-We all know that Stat and Anthony are not playing good together,not the right chemistry
-Gasol is more of a all-around player than STAT,he can fit in many sistems
-He is a better rebounder,better defender aswell.

I think that this is a win-win situation for both teams,it's worth a try at least especially if Gasol is not gonna fit in D'Antoni system and if Melo and Amare will struggle again together on the court.

Who are you? :lol: I never seen you post, but I see you make a well-built post in "Rules" thread, which probably not the best place to make this post.

RIP: Sky_Knicks, DocZaius
Travis Knight

Head Coach
And1: 314

Post#165 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:19 am by Rasho Brezec

Knickstape1214 wrote:if you see it, then report it. the posts that i have seen, i end up giving them a warning.

It's spread through 5 or so pages, I'm not reporting all of that. Should do as kane suggested, just suspend anyone bringing other boards and their posters up.
Rasho Brezec

RealGM
And1: 5,965

Post#166 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:21 am by Abe_505

I personally like Rasho... he grows on you. Rasho you I know.. are one of the guys on here that I think have actually played some ball. Rasho was the first proponent of playing Melo at the 4 last year. Twas a good call.
Brooklyn Nets
PG:J.Holiday/Jarret Jack/Zach Lavine
SG:A. Bradley/Gary Neal/Zach Lavine
SF:C.Anthony/Nick Young/F.Garcia
PF:T.Gibson/K.Humphries/A.Randolph
C: S.Adams/K. Humphries/C. Hayes
Abe_505
RealGM
And1: 3,275

Post#167 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:56 pm by Grinditout

This is more of a random/fun suggestion. Just recently during the past off season we had BAT Threads, and during them the most fun I had was live conversation/chat with other posters here who were participating. I think it'd be kinda fun and cool if we could just implement a live chat for every Knick game. Perhaps posting a chat link in the gamethreads on the day of. I know technically the thread itself is supposed to be there for discussion, but sometimes people post so fast that most of it doesn't get read or responded to.

Anyways just a suggestion.
Realgm BAT - Charlotte Hornets

Damian Lillard/DJ Augustin
Tony Allen/Marco Belinelli
Gordon Hayward/Marco Belinelli
Brandon Bass/Kelly Olynyk/Reggie Evans
Omer Asik/Kelly Olynyk

Chase Budinger
Tourre Murry
Greg Oden
Chris Smith
Grinditout
General Manager
And1: 428

Post#168 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:57 pm by siar617

looking at my account it says I'm suspended I dont know why or how it happened
siar617
Bench Warmer
And1: 141

Post#169 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:02 pm by Thugger HBC

siar617 wrote:looking at my account it says I'm suspended I dont know why or how it happened

It's a glitch in the system, it randomly shows up on some accounts.

It's being looked at, even some posters who are waived don't show up as such.
:D Murry is my new hopeful, I'll gladly provide wagon service.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1263590&start=540
Thugger HBC

Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 3,699
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#170 Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions an
Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:16 pm by siar617

Thugger HBC wrote:
siar617 wrote:looking at my account it says I'm suspended I dont know why or how it happened

It's a glitch in the system, it randomly shows up on some accounts.

It's being looked at, even some posters who are waived don't show up as such.

Thank you
siar617
Bench Warmer
And1: 141

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks