ImageImageImageImageImage

New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thread

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Thugger HBC, Knickstape1214, NoLayupRule, Thorn, j4remi, Brooklyn_Yards, mrpoetryNmotion, GONYK

NYK Mentality
Starter
Posts: 2,093
And1: 25
Joined: Jan 12, 2012
Location: Queens.

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#151 » by NYK Mentality » Tue Nov 6, 2012 2:16 pm

j4remi wrote: Or you could just relax while the mods discuss what to do next. Just have a little patience with us.


I am relaxed bro, just discussing questions and concerns (what this thread was created for). But what's the problem with creating a thread with an actual poll in order to see where our fan base stands? You stated yourself, that it's something that has to be discussed amongst the mods and more input from other posters would be nice as well. There is no better way for input from our posters, than a poll. We want input from our fan base? Fine, then let's create the thread (poll). You've even stated below, that gameday threads would be allowed come the regular season, no?

j4remi wrote: Btw, no one has said anything about Gameday threads...It's the PRESEASON...thus, no Game Day Threads.


I wanna enjoy our gameday threads once again, without being involved in a thread that's over 100 pages long with old arguments from 2-3 days ago coming to light while we're trying to talk NBA basketball games.
User avatar
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 35,013
And1: 4,723
Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#152 » by Thugger HBC » Tue Nov 6, 2012 2:24 pm

NYK Mentality, we're talking about it right now.

Just have a little patience, we'll get there to something I'm sure everyone can live with.
Image
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 25,774
And1: 2,441
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#153 » by j4remi » Tue Nov 6, 2012 2:47 pm

Keeping it simple, if people felt that strongly they would have done what you guys did and posted here (hence my more input comment). We've gotten a few opinions about what to do next, but we're discussing a couple of things.

I told you we'd discuss it today and we've literally been discussing it, beating the dead horse isn't gonna speed up the process...calm down and give us a while to get a consensus.
BAT - Hawks
Rajon Rondo/Brian Roberts/Shane Larkin
Kyle Korver/Evan Fournier
Terrence Ross/Vince Carter
Al Horford/Mike Scott/Jonas Jerebko
Brandan Wright/Jermaine O'neal

385
User avatar
ibraheim718
RealGM
Posts: 24,343
And1: 4,071
Joined: Jun 30, 2010

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#154 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Nov 6, 2012 9:40 pm

j4remi wrote:Keeping it simple, if people felt that strongly they would have done what you guys did and posted here (hence my more input comment). We've gotten a few opinions about what to do next, but we're discussing a couple of things.

I told you we'd discuss it today and we've literally been discussing it, beating the dead horse isn't gonna speed up the process...calm down and give us a while to get a consensus.


Honestly I didn't see a problem with one thread... posts are timestamped with the date so finding out what days games are being discussed is rather simple.
User avatar
Brooklyn_Yards
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 9,683
And1: 3,599
Joined: May 15, 2012
Location: Waiting to see the receipts.
     

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#155 » by Brooklyn_Yards » Wed Nov 7, 2012 4:32 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
Honestly I didn't see a problem with one thread... posts are timestamped with the date so finding out what days games are being discussed is rather simple.


It's took hard to do that apparently too much reading and logic involved.
knicks94 wrote:If Phil were smart he would take his limo to Connecticut and speak with Vin Baker.
Trade Stat/Bring back Gallo.
gethigh
Analyst
Posts: 3,106
And1: 69
Joined: Mar 10, 2012

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#156 » by gethigh » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:23 pm

I have a question. Why do some of the mods on this forum hate the team and root against it?
User avatar
Vorikan
Junior
Posts: 257
And1: 24
Joined: Nov 15, 2012

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#157 » by Vorikan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:17 pm

I would try to trade Stat for Gasol,i think that D'Antoni would want Stoudemire in Lakers uniform
-Stat&Nash were the most important players in Suns,with D'Antoni as a coach.He is also great in P&R with Nash.
-He is faster than Gasol,we all know that Lakers are probably gonna play fast in new system Run and gun.
-I've been reading some speculations that D'Antoni is not the biggest fan of Gasol,he is to slow for him.
Knicks would get:
-We all know that Stat and Anthony are not playing good together,not the right chemistry
-Gasol is more of a all-around player than STAT,he can fit in many sistems
-He is a better rebounder,better defender aswell.

I think that this is a win-win situation for both teams,it's worth a try at least especially if Gasol is not gonna fit in D'Antoni system and if Melo and Amare will struggle again together on the court.
User avatar
Rasho Brezec
RealGM
Posts: 48,873
And1: 6,907
Joined: Mar 12, 2008
Contact:
 

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#158 » by Rasho Brezec » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:31 am

Something needs to be done about posters who keep bringing up those who don't post here anymore and discuss them. I usually read the postgame thread when I wake up but it's really annoying having to browse through pages of posts by old women bitching about posts from other boards. How pathetic must you be to go to sites other than RealGM to track down what former posters are saying and then bring that **** here?
Image
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 27,514
And1: 4,807
Joined: Jul 15, 2009
Location: Law School
   

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#159 » by Knickstape1214 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:07 pm

if you see it, then report it. the posts that i have seen, i end up giving them a warning.
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle
User avatar
E86
Analyst
Posts: 3,260
And1: 474
Joined: Jul 29, 2004

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#160 » by E86 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:52 pm

It's really annoying when Rasho posts. Since individual opinions of what is annoying is cause for reporting, should I report him every time he posts?
Image
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 27,514
And1: 4,807
Joined: Jul 15, 2009
Location: Law School
   

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#161 » by Knickstape1214 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:09 pm

BigE86 wrote:It's really annoying when Rasho posts. Since individual opinions of what is annoying is cause for reporting, should I report him every time he posts?


?

if you don't like someone's posts, ignore him / his posts.
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle
21shumpshumpst
Veteran
Posts: 2,655
And1: 36
Joined: Aug 14, 2012

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#162 » by 21shumpshumpst » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:12 am

BigE86 wrote:It's really annoying when Rasho posts. Since individual opinions of what is annoying is cause for reporting, should I report him every time he posts?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
E86
Analyst
Posts: 3,260
And1: 474
Joined: Jul 29, 2004

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#163 » by E86 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:02 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
BigE86 wrote:It's really annoying when Rasho posts. Since individual opinions of what is annoying is cause for reporting, should I report him every time he posts?


?

if you don't like someone's posts, ignore him / his posts.


Sweet. So Rasho should just ignore the posts that are annoying to him.
Image
Travis Knight
Head Coach
Posts: 6,903
And1: 406
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Contact:
         

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#164 » by Travis Knight » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:49 am

^^^ Tracking down old posters and bringing them up, especially in a post game thread, severely derails discussion though.

gethigh wrote:I have a question. Why do some of the mods on this forum hate the team and root against it?

Which mods do this?

Vorikan wrote:I would try to trade Stat for Gasol,i think that D'Antoni would want Stoudemire in Lakers uniform
-Stat&Nash were the most important players in Suns,with D'Antoni as a coach.He is also great in P&R with Nash.
-He is faster than Gasol,we all know that Lakers are probably gonna play fast in new system Run and gun.
-I've been reading some speculations that D'Antoni is not the biggest fan of Gasol,he is to slow for him.
Knicks would get:
-We all know that Stat and Anthony are not playing good together,not the right chemistry
-Gasol is more of a all-around player than STAT,he can fit in many sistems
-He is a better rebounder,better defender aswell.

I think that this is a win-win situation for both teams,it's worth a try at least especially if Gasol is not gonna fit in D'Antoni system and if Melo and Amare will struggle again together on the court.

Who are you? :lol: I never seen you post, but I see you make a well-built post in "Rules" thread, which probably not the best place to make this post.
Tank! Tank! Tank!
User avatar
Rasho Brezec
RealGM
Posts: 48,873
And1: 6,907
Joined: Mar 12, 2008
Contact:
 

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#165 » by Rasho Brezec » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:19 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:if you see it, then report it. the posts that i have seen, i end up giving them a warning.

It's spread through 5 or so pages, I'm not reporting all of that. Should do as kane suggested, just suspend anyone bringing other boards and their posters up.
Image
User avatar
ibraheim718
RealGM
Posts: 24,343
And1: 4,071
Joined: Jun 30, 2010

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#166 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:21 am

I personally like Rasho... he grows on you. Rasho you I know.. are one of the guys on here that I think have actually played some ball. Rasho was the first proponent of playing Melo at the 4 last year. Twas a good call.
User avatar
Grinditout
General Manager
Posts: 8,477
And1: 430
Joined: Aug 04, 2006

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#167 » by Grinditout » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:56 pm

This is more of a random/fun suggestion. Just recently during the past off season we had BAT Threads, and during them the most fun I had was live conversation/chat with other posters here who were participating. I think it'd be kinda fun and cool if we could just implement a live chat for every Knick game. Perhaps posting a chat link in the gamethreads on the day of. I know technically the thread itself is supposed to be there for discussion, but sometimes people post so fast that most of it doesn't get read or responded to.

Anyways just a suggestion.
siar617
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,889
And1: 214
Joined: May 11, 2009

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#168 » by siar617 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:57 pm

looking at my account it says I'm suspended I dont know why or how it happened
User avatar
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 35,013
And1: 4,723
Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#169 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:02 pm

siar617 wrote:looking at my account it says I'm suspended I dont know why or how it happened

It's a glitch in the system, it randomly shows up on some accounts.

It's being looked at, even some posters who are waived don't show up as such.
Image
siar617
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,889
And1: 214
Joined: May 11, 2009

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#170 » by siar617 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:16 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
siar617 wrote:looking at my account it says I'm suspended I dont know why or how it happened

It's a glitch in the system, it randomly shows up on some accounts.

It's being looked at, even some posters who are waived don't show up as such.

Thank you

Return to New York Knicks


Users browsing this forum: Crowax, DeenNY31, frothbrain, Google Adsense [Bot], j4remi, Meat, Mike Breen, nykfan42, rajajackal, SelbyCobra, siar617, xTheHunterx