ImageImageImageImageImage

New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thread

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Brooklyn_Yards, Thorn, j4remi, GONYK, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, NoLayupRule, Knickstape1214

User avatar
ibraheim718
RealGM
Posts: 26,128
And1: 4,771
Joined: Jul 01, 2010

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#166 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:21 am

I personally like Rasho... he grows on you. Rasho you I know.. are one of the guys on here that I think have actually played some ball. Rasho was the first proponent of playing Melo at the 4 last year. Twas a good call.
User avatar
Grinditout
General Manager
Posts: 8,584
And1: 454
Joined: Aug 04, 2006

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#167 » by Grinditout » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:56 pm

This is more of a random/fun suggestion. Just recently during the past off season we had BAT Threads, and during them the most fun I had was live conversation/chat with other posters here who were participating. I think it'd be kinda fun and cool if we could just implement a live chat for every Knick game. Perhaps posting a chat link in the gamethreads on the day of. I know technically the thread itself is supposed to be there for discussion, but sometimes people post so fast that most of it doesn't get read or responded to.

Anyways just a suggestion.
RealGM BAT Charlotte Hornets

HC: Red Holzman
George Hill/Michael Carter-Williams
Arron Afflalo/Michael Carter-Williams
Lebron James/Wilson Chandler
Kevin Love/Taj Gibson
Joakim Noah/Enes Kanter

Reserve:Myles Turner
siar617
Starter
Posts: 2,225
And1: 248
Joined: May 11, 2009

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#168 » by siar617 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:57 pm

looking at my account it says I'm suspended I dont know why or how it happened
User avatar
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 36,018
And1: 5,203
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#169 » by Thugger HBC » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:02 am

siar617 wrote:looking at my account it says I'm suspended I dont know why or how it happened

It's a glitch in the system, it randomly shows up on some accounts.

It's being looked at, even some posters who are waived don't show up as such.
Image
siar617
Starter
Posts: 2,225
And1: 248
Joined: May 11, 2009

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#170 » by siar617 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:16 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
siar617 wrote:looking at my account it says I'm suspended I dont know why or how it happened

It's a glitch in the system, it randomly shows up on some accounts.

It's being looked at, even some posters who are waived don't show up as such.

Thank you
AggO
Banned User
Posts: 8,600
And1: 478
Joined: Mar 14, 2006

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#171 » by AggO » Sat Jan 5, 2013 12:36 am

you mods let us have no fun on these boards.

why lock my thread?

its just a light tongue in cheek troll thread.
User avatar
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 36,018
And1: 5,203
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#172 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Jan 5, 2013 5:36 pm

AggO wrote:you mods let us have no fun on these boards.

why lock my thread?

its just a light tongue in cheek troll thread.

:lol: You just stated why.

Besides the entire board hates that guy, to the extent we all believe he causes the Knicks to lose.
Image
AggO
Banned User
Posts: 8,600
And1: 478
Joined: Mar 14, 2006

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#173 » by AggO » Sat Jan 5, 2013 11:35 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
AggO wrote:you mods let us have no fun on these boards.

why lock my thread?

its just a light tongue in cheek troll thread.

:lol: You just stated why.

Besides the entire board hates that guy, to the extent we all believe he causes the Knicks to lose.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

seriously

it was a lighthearted troll thread.....

it had potential for some legs, no need to shut it down... this board doesnt have to be kept so serious all the time.
User avatar
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 36,018
And1: 5,203
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#174 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Jan 6, 2013 12:39 am

AggO wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
AggO wrote:you mods let us have no fun on these boards.

why lock my thread?

its just a light tongue in cheek troll thread.

:lol: You just stated why.

Besides the entire board hates that guy, to the extent we all believe he causes the Knicks to lose.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

seriously

it was a lighthearted troll thread.....

it had potential for some legs, no need to shut it down... this board doesnt have to be kept so serious all the time.

Please....take a look at what goes on the daily on our board, we talk about anything and everything.

It's active because of such, but your thread was a joke, you admitted it as such, no one found it funny, thus it was locked.

It had potential though......
Image
User avatar
aj49689
Pro Prospect
Posts: 877
And1: 29
Joined: Apr 28, 2012
     

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#175 » by aj49689 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:13 pm

Don't understand why my thread was locked, I was only making the statement that Westbrook should shoot a few less shots a game(the bad shots he takes) and that I prefer Kyrie Irving over Russell. I wasn't saying that Westbrook doesn't get Durant better shots or that he isn't important. Didn't say Westbrook wasn't a legit top 10 player along with Kyrie Irving. On top of all that, is felton taking more shots then melo? NO! If anything the subject should of said, Should Westbrook take a few less shots a game? Don't know why its gets locked after the mod voice's his opinion. Why not just lock it? Pathetic
If you want, to destroy my sweater. Pull this "Thread" as I walk away.



CARROT SOUP!
User avatar
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 36,018
And1: 5,203
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#176 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:17 pm

aj49689 wrote:Don't understand why my thread was locked, I was only making the statement that Westbrook should shoot a few less shots a game(the bad shots he takes) and that I prefer Kyrie Irving over Russell. I wasn't saying that Westbrook doesn't get Durant better shots or that he isn't important. Didn't say Westbrook wasn't a legit top 10 player along with Kyrie Irving. On top of all that, is felton taking more shots then melo? NO! If anything the subject should of said, Should Westbrook take a few less shots a game? Don't know why its gets locked after the mod voice's his opinion. Why not just lock it? Pathetic

It would have never gotten locked if the "thoughts or statements" was place in the stickied NBA thread, which is where random fan thoughts normally go.

Actually two mods unrelated both stated it should go into the respective thread, me being one of them, and yes I locked it.

Apparently you do understand the flow, because you immediately posted in this thread to inquire about it.

Thanks for understanding though.
Image
User avatar
aj49689
Pro Prospect
Posts: 877
And1: 29
Joined: Apr 28, 2012
     

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#177 » by aj49689 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:19 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
aj49689 wrote:Don't understand why my thread was locked, I was only making the statement that Westbrook should shoot a few less shots a game(the bad shots he takes) and that I prefer Kyrie Irving over Russell. I wasn't saying that Westbrook doesn't get Durant better shots or that he isn't important. Didn't say Westbrook wasn't a legit top 10 player along with Kyrie Irving. On top of all that, is felton taking more shots then melo? NO! If anything the subject should of said, Should Westbrook take a few less shots a game? Don't know why its gets locked after the mod voice's his opinion. Why not just lock it? Pathetic

It would have never gotten locked if the "thoughts or statements" was place in the stickied NBA thread, which is where random fan thoughts normally go.

Actually two mods unrelated both stated it should go into the respective thread, me being one of them, and yes I locked it.

Thanks for understanding though.


Then why the hell hasn't the Allen Iverson thread not been locked? He is talking about getting rid of brewer for Allen Iverson ? Sticky? Thanks for being inconsistent and opinionated.
If you want, to destroy my sweater. Pull this "Thread" as I walk away.



CARROT SOUP!
User avatar
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 36,018
And1: 5,203
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#178 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:26 pm

aj49689 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
aj49689 wrote:Don't understand why my thread was locked, I was only making the statement that Westbrook should shoot a few less shots a game(the bad shots he takes) and that I prefer Kyrie Irving over Russell. I wasn't saying that Westbrook doesn't get Durant better shots or that he isn't important. Didn't say Westbrook wasn't a legit top 10 player along with Kyrie Irving. On top of all that, is felton taking more shots then melo? NO! If anything the subject should of said, Should Westbrook take a few less shots a game? Don't know why its gets locked after the mod voice's his opinion. Why not just lock it? Pathetic

It would have never gotten locked if the "thoughts or statements" was place in the stickied NBA thread, which is where random fan thoughts normally go.

Actually two mods unrelated both stated it should go into the respective thread, me being one of them, and yes I locked it.

Thanks for understanding though.


Then why the hell hasn't the Allen Iverson thread not been locked? He is talking about getting rid of brewer for Allen Iverson ? Sticky? Thanks for being inconsistent and opinionated.

You've already stated your thread was merely a "statement", I commented on your statement then directed you where you can put that "statement" to garner proper discussion, rather than hitting the delete button for you to type it all over again.

But I do reserve that right, thanks for your input though.
Image
User avatar
aj49689
Pro Prospect
Posts: 877
And1: 29
Joined: Apr 28, 2012
     

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#179 » by aj49689 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:36 pm

What about the thread "OT: Pierce finds out about Rondo's injury in Interview", shouldn't this be in the sticky "around the NBA"? I think its kinda sucks to read threw pages and pages of related thread material. I've seen a lot of inconsistency at times. Notice the other mod didn't give his opinion on the thread you locked? When you give your say so and then lock it, its kinda like older brother say so in which no body likes to here. Why not just lock it and keep your input to yourself in stead of locking it after you put your two sense in. Its just how I feel, but whatever your power makes you feel entitled to.
If you want, to destroy my sweater. Pull this "Thread" as I walk away.



CARROT SOUP!
User avatar
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 36,018
And1: 5,203
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#180 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:52 pm

aj49689 wrote:What about the thread "OT: Pierce finds out about Rondo's injury in Interview", shouldn't this be in the sticky "around the NBA"? I think its kinda sucks to read threw pages and pages of related thread material. I've seen a lot of inconsistency at times. Notice the other mod didn't give his opinion on the thread you locked? When you give your say so and then lock it, its kinda like older brother say so in which no body likes to here. Why not just lock it and keep your input to yourself in stead of locking it after you put your two sense in. Its just how I feel, but whatever your power makes you feel entitled to.

Sorry you feel that way, was not my intention, but I have no control over how it makes you feel.

But here's the funny part, you dont have to read those threads to place random statements in them, that's the irony of it.

I'm sure some may do it, but it isn't a requirement at all.

The object is to keep the board as clean as possibly, it will never ever be a perfect slate.

Notice that even though it wasn't and isn't locked, a mod did post in there...the third post actually "/thread".

Sometimes we keep a thread open for a reason....it's our discretion.

No difference than it being my discretion to make a comment in any thread and lock it if i feel the want or need to do so.

But like i said before, i locked it rather than deleting it primarily to you could transfer that thought to it's better suited thread.

I was doing you a favor imo, but nonetheless thank you for your concern.
Image
User avatar
aj49689
Pro Prospect
Posts: 877
And1: 29
Joined: Apr 28, 2012
     

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#181 » by aj49689 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:03 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
aj49689 wrote:What about the thread "OT: Pierce finds out about Rondo's injury in Interview", shouldn't this be in the sticky "around the NBA"? I think its kinda sucks to read threw pages and pages of related thread material. I've seen a lot of inconsistency at times. Notice the other mod didn't give his opinion on the thread you locked? When you give your say so and then lock it, its kinda like older brother say so in which no body likes to here. Why not just lock it and keep your input to yourself in stead of locking it after you put your two sense in. Its just how I feel, but whatever your power makes you feel entitled to.

Sorry you feel that way, was not my intention, but I have no control over how it makes you feel.

But here's the funny part, you dont have to read those threads to place random statements in them, that's the irony of it.

I'm sure some may do it, but it isn't a requirement at all.

The object is to keep the board as clean as possibly, it will never ever be a perfect slate.

Notice that even though it wasn't and isn't locked, a mod did post in there...the third post actually "/thread".

Sometimes we keep a thread open for a reason....it's our discretion.

No difference than it being my discretion to make a comment in any thread and lock it if i feel the want or need to do so.

But like i said before, i locked it rather than deleting it primarily to you could transfer that thought to it's better suited thread.

I was doing you a favor imo, but nonetheless thank you for your concern.


Ok, as you feel entitled to do so and that's why I called it inconsistent. So what qualify as a good thread to be left open? Does it have to be more interesting or important and to whom? I would like to know because I really don't want to waste my time making it a new thread.
If you want, to destroy my sweater. Pull this "Thread" as I walk away.



CARROT SOUP!
User avatar
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 36,018
And1: 5,203
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#182 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:20 pm

aj49689 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
aj49689 wrote:What about the thread "OT: Pierce finds out about Rondo's injury in Interview", shouldn't this be in the sticky "around the NBA"? I think its kinda sucks to read threw pages and pages of related thread material. I've seen a lot of inconsistency at times. Notice the other mod didn't give his opinion on the thread you locked? When you give your say so and then lock it, its kinda like older brother say so in which no body likes to here. Why not just lock it and keep your input to yourself in stead of locking it after you put your two sense in. Its just how I feel, but whatever your power makes you feel entitled to.

Sorry you feel that way, was not my intention, but I have no control over how it makes you feel.

But here's the funny part, you dont have to read those threads to place random statements in them, that's the irony of it.

I'm sure some may do it, but it isn't a requirement at all.

The object is to keep the board as clean as possibly, it will never ever be a perfect slate.

Notice that even though it wasn't and isn't locked, a mod did post in there...the third post actually "/thread".

Sometimes we keep a thread open for a reason....it's our discretion.

No difference than it being my discretion to make a comment in any thread and lock it if i feel the want or need to do so.

But like i said before, i locked it rather than deleting it primarily to you could transfer that thought to it's better suited thread.

I was doing you a favor imo, but nonetheless thank you for your concern.


Ok, as you feel entitled to do so and that's why I called it inconsistent. So what qualify as a good thread to be left open? Does it have to be more interesting or important and to whom? I would like to know because I really don't want to waste my time making it a new thread.

It varies at times.

But here's a few to consider...

If it's Knicks related it can get it's own topic if it isn't overreactive or clearly meant to bait posters....notice the half-time threads if the team is losing...must of those get locked or threads relegated to calling out certain posters to bait arguments.

OT subject matter will usually have it's place....such as major currents events, poster personal issues, other popular likes of the fan board such as music and entertainment.

Really the best way to tell if a thread has it's place is to take a quick look around the board before making it, and usually that doesn't require reading the inside of threads but merely their title.

Also check the second page as it may have the same subject you may be inclined to post about.

But 9 times out of 10 a non-Knicks related "thought or random statement" already has a place for that....and chances are it's stickied.

But of course keep in mind these are merely guidelines, and well know there is a measure of flexibility in such.

Once again, thanks for your input, much appreciated.
Image
AggO
Banned User
Posts: 8,600
And1: 478
Joined: Mar 14, 2006

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#183 » by AggO » Fri Feb 1, 2013 12:34 am

why was my thread locked again?
Are We Ther Yet
Senior
Posts: 507
And1: 206
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#184 » by Are We Ther Yet » Fri Feb 8, 2013 9:29 am

I didn't read much...like when you click agree to user terms...NOBODY reads the terms!!! LOL

Scouts honor...I will try to obey all rules......I wanna talk Knicks...not Jersey Shore!!
User avatar
greenhughes
RealGM
Posts: 20,659
And1: 5,913
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: Who runs the world? Girls! Yeah, I said it.
   

Re: New Knicks Forum Guidelines: Questions and Concerns Thre 

Post#185 » by greenhughes » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:49 am

So Lin fans can run rampant now?
greenhughes wrote:Fuq any player that doesn't play for the Knicks. They're all wack until they put on the orange and blue.

Return to New York Knicks