ImageImageImageImageImage

Around The NBA - [Part 1]: Updated Games PG. 58

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Re: Around The NBA - [Part 1] 

Post#61 » by Falstaffxx » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:47 pm

Just the fact that teams were game-planning around how to stop Jeremy Lin shows what big factor he could be for this Knicks team.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#62 » by 21shumpshumpst » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:47 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:
So 25 games isn't enough of sample size to resign the guy, but 1 game is plenty when it supports your denial phase. Okay! :D

Are you dumb or just acting like it?
Here are more stats for you.
Vs good teams in late Jan and Feb after people starting taking notice.
.091 vs Heat
.375 vs Boston
.308 vs Dallas
.467 vs Spurs
.278 vs Philly
.364 vs Bulls
.429 vs Pacers
.600 vs Pacers
.235 vs Philly

Oh and here is one more vs the awful Nyets.
1st time .526
2nd time .389.

Oh yeah that is a one game sample ok. Oh whops almost forgot a rolling eyes smiley since that seems to make it legit for you. :roll:

I guess serious denial makes people mad. :lol: Should we post some of the shooting percentages in individual games that Iman Shumpert had? How about Carmelo Anthony?

Would you let Iman Shumpert walk if we had a choice between losing him for nothing and paying him a little more than you would like? I sure wouldn't let him walk.

I love Shump. But no way in hell would I pay him 15 mil a year after 25 games. No way in hell.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User

Post#63 » by 21shumpshumpst » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:
So 25 games isn't enough of sample size to resign the guy, but 1 game is plenty when it supports your denial phase. Okay! :D

Are you dumb or just acting like it?
.091 vs Heat
.375 vs Boston
.308 vs Dallas
.467 vs Spurs
.278 vs Philly
.364 vs Bulls
.429 vs Pacers
.600 vs Pacers
.235 vs Philly

1st time .526
2nd time .389.

Oh yeah that is a one game sample ok. Oh whops almost forgot a rolling eyes smiley since that seems to make it legit for you. :roll:

I guess serious denial makes people mad. :lol: Should we post some of the shooting percentages in individual games that Iman Shumpert had? How about Carmelo Anthony?

Would you let Iman Shumpert walk if we had a choice between losing him for nothing and paying him a little more than you would like? I sure wouldn't let him walk.

I love Shump. But no way in hell would I pay him 15 mil a year after 25 games. No way in hell.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#64 » by Falstaffxx » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:48 pm

21shumpshumpst wrote:

Are you implying that Jeremy Lin makes 15 million per year?
21shumpshumpst
Banned User

Post#65 » by 21shumpshumpst » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:51 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:Are you dumb or just acting like it?
.091 vs Heat
.375 vs Boston
.308 vs Dallas
.467 vs Spurs
.278 vs Philly
.364 vs Bulls
.429 vs Pacers
.600 vs Pacers
.235 vs Philly

1st time .526
2nd time .389.

You don't know what you're talking about my friend.

Lin basically had one very bad game all season, versus the Heat. He was very good to great in almost every other game. Even the games without big numbers, he helped them win, something we Knicks fans hadn't seen in a while. A kid who knows how to help his team win the damn game.

You are inventing this narrative of him doing badly against good teams. It's a theory in your head.

No offense but you are the guy who equated Lin leaving to the 9/11 attacks. That just shows how irrational you are in this whole situation.

So while you can say I don't know what I am talking about. Your emotional state blinds you to what Lin really is.

You have Lin colored glasses.

Now is Lin a scrub? Absolutely not. I don't think he is. I think he will do well for himself this season.

However he is not this future superstar you guys make him out to be.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User

Post#66 » by 21shumpshumpst » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:52 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:

Let me rephrase. I would not pay the same contract that Lin got for Shump after 25 up and down games.

He wouldn't deserve it.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#67 » by Falstaffxx » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:53 pm

21shumpshumpst wrote:
However he is not this future superstar you guys make him out to be.

He wouldn't have to be a superstar to be worth that contract.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#68 » by Falstaffxx » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:53 pm

21shumpshumpst wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:

Let me rephrase. I would not pay the same contract that Lin got for Shump after 25 up and down games.

He wouldn't deserve it.

Thank you for retracting your lie. The notion that Lin had "25 up and down games" is very silly, but you're too deep in denial to continue discussing it with.

Basically you're saying you would rather let Shumpert walk right now for nothing instead of giving him the contract Lin got. Okay.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,712

Post#69 » by KnicksGod » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:53 pm

Lin is not making $15M. He's making $8M.

The Knicks paid Ray Felton about 60% of the cost of Lin's contract (plus we have Felton another season longer on our cap). So it wasn't really about money primarily. Politics mostly. Politics & idiocy.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#70 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:56 pm

I can tell already this thread is going to suck. Jesus Christ.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#71 » by Falstaffxx » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:56 pm

I guess if you have one of the greatest 10-game stretches in the history of the league, the rest of your season is going to be "up and down" in comparison.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User

Post#72 » by 21shumpshumpst » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:57 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:

He wouldn't deserve it.

Thank you for retracting your lie. The notion that Lin had "25 up and down games" is very silly, but you're too deep in denial to continue discussing it with.

In Feb (14 games)
21/8 47%fg
In March (13 games)
15/6 41%fg

That is not up and down?

You keep calling me a liar/delusional but have yet to provide 1 single fact to back up your argument while all I do is bring them.

Your response "haha delusional". HOw about you bring facts to your argument for once.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#73 » by Falstaffxx » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:I can tell already this thread is going to suck. Jesus Christ.

The loss of a 23-year-old point guard for nothing is going to haunt the Knicks for years. For someone who cares so much about the Knicks, seeing that fact brought up in a couple threads shouldn't hurt nearly as much as the reality behind it. The situation with this franchise isn't going away just because you tell people to shut up about it.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#74 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:00 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:I can tell already this thread is going to suck. Jesus Christ.

The loss of a 23-year-old point guard for nothing is going to haunt the Knicks for years. For someone who cares so much about the Knicks, seeing that fact brought up in a couple threads shouldn't hurt nearly as much as the reality behind it. The situation with this franchise isn't going away just because you tell people to shut up about it.

I'm not telling people to shut up about losing Lin. Every thread having to do with Lin gets played out in the exact same way and once that happens, the thread gets closed.

I'm gonna miss Lin, too. I was annoyed when we did not match...but there's nothing we can do now but move on. I was kinda hoping this thread wouldn't have much Lin in it, to be honest. There's going to be so much complaining in this thread that it's going to be hard to talk about other teams/players.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#75 » by Falstaffxx » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:00 pm

21shumpshumpst wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:

He wouldn't deserve it.

In Feb (14 games)
21/8 47%fg
In March (13 games)
15/6 41%fg

That is not up and down?

You keep calling me a liar/delusional but have yet to provide 1 single fact to back up your argument while all I do is bring them.

Your response "haha delusional". HOw about you bring facts to your argument for once.

I called you a liar because you lied to support your argument. You said Lin makes "$15 million a year" when you know that's not the case.

And yes, when you have a 21/8 month as essentially a rookie, and your next month is only "very good" instead of straight-up brilliant, I guess that's "up and down" in a way. Lin set a much higher threshold during the "up" part of it than almost any other guard in the league though.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User

Post#76 » by 21shumpshumpst » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:01 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Lin is not making $15M. He's making $8M.

The Knicks paid Ray Felton about 60% of the cost of Lin's contract (plus we have Felton another season longer on our cap). So it wasn't really about money primarily. Politics mostly. Politics & idiocy.

Listen I agree that part of it was Dolan feeling betrayed by Lin.

However my contention is that we lost an asset , yes but it is not this great stud that we lost. We lost a decent young pg who may or may not become very good. This is the same crap we went through with Gallo and I am still waiting for Gallo to be anything but an above average role player.

Since all I have to go is a 25 game sample that showed a downward trend (especially vs good teams) I don't think I would have wanted to pay him 15 million in the 3rd year.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#77 » by Falstaffxx » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:

I'm not telling people to shut up about losing Lin. Every thread having to do with Lin gets played out in the exact same way.

I'm gonna miss Lin, too. I was annoyed when we did not match...but there's nothing we can do now but move on. I was kinda hoping this thread wouldn't have much Lin in it, to be honest.

It's appropriate for that to be an ongoing topic. It was an important event for this franchise and is going to continue to have an impact.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#78 » by KnicksGod » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:03 pm

Nah lol, I'm not going to harp on the point too much. But his first near double-double (in about half the game) away from NY is painful. I'll check in to cry my heart out once in a while at key inflection points.

I knew this would happen. Basketball is played in the head as much as physically. Lin is a brilliant player and his skills are pretty damn good too.

I think he actually is the closest thing to Steve Nash in a young player in the NBA. But more of an attack scorer in the lane, worse shooter, likely won't be a superstar like Nash ... but what other young PG is this kind of WINNER with such an extraordinary feel for the game? I can't think of anyone but maybe I'm missing someone. No on Dragic. CP3 is not young anymore.

So sad for us.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#79 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:It's appropriate for that to be an ongoing topic. It was an important event for this franchise and is going to continue to have an impact.

It's going to ruin the thread, though. It will be the only thing talked about in here. Whenever Lin gets brought up, emotions run wild.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#80 » by KnicksGod » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:05 pm

21shumpshumpst wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Lin is not making $15M. He's making $8M.

Listen I agree that part of it was Dolan feeling betrayed by Lin.

However my contention is that we lost an asset , yes but it is not this great stud that we lost. We lost a decent young pg who may or may not become very good. This is the same crap we went through with Gallo and I am still waiting for Gallo to be anything but an above average role player.

Since all I have to go is a 25 game sample that showed a downward trend (especially vs good teams) I don't think I would have wanted to pay him 15 million in the 3rd year.

Well I give you credit for discussing it somewhat logically and calmly. And I agree with you about Gallo personally.

Lin is a lot better NBA player than Gallo. Lots.

But still don't agree about any downward trend against good teams. You're just making it up to make us feel better.

Return to New York Knicks