ImageImageImageImageImage

Around The NBA - [Part 1]: Updated Games PG. 58

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Re: Around The NBA - [Part 1] 

Post#81 » by Falstaffxx » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:It's appropriate for that to be an ongoing topic. It was an important event for this franchise and is going to continue to have an impact.

It's going to ruin the thread, though. It will be the only thing talked about in here. Whenever Lin gets brought up, emotions run wild.

I don't feel the need to bring it up all the time, but I also don't think we should be going "it's in the past, whatever." This franchise has inflicted a lot of wounds on us, and this is one that was needless and senseless. That's what makes it so infuriating. After all the checks Dolan wrote to players who failed this team, he refuses to write a check this time.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#82 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:10 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:It's appropriate for that to be an ongoing topic. It was an important event for this franchise and is going to continue to have an impact.

It's going to ruin the thread, though. It will be the only thing talked about in here. Whenever Lin gets brought up, emotions run wild.

I don't feel the need to bring it up all the time, but I also don't think we should be going "it's in the past, whatever." This franchise has inflicted a lot of wounds on us, and this is one that was needless and senseless. That's what makes it so infuriating. After all the checks Dolan wrote to players who failed this team.

I strongly agree with the bold.

I just think Lin gets played out too much here. Like I said, emotions tend to run wild.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#83 » by 21shumpshumpst » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:10 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:
Thank you for retracting your lie. The notion that Lin had "25 up and down games" is very silly, but you're too deep in denial to continue discussing it with.

In Feb (14 games)
21/8 47%fg
In March (13 games)
15/6 41%fg

That is not up and down?

You keep calling me a liar/delusional but have yet to provide 1 single fact to back up your argument while all I do is bring them.

Your response "haha delusional". HOw about you bring facts to your argument for once.

I called you a liar because you lied to support your argument. You said Lin makes "$15 million a year" when you know that's not the case.

And yes, when you have a 21/8 month as essentially a rookie, and your next month is only "very good" instead of straight-up brilliant, I guess that's "up and down" in a way. Lin set a much higher threshold during the "up" part of it than almost any other guard in the league though.

If having your pg shoot 12 times a game in Feb and only shoot 41% is very good then why are you complaining about us having Felton? That is what he averages so why complain?

Lin also in March had an abysmal 1.65 A/TO ratio. That is Daniel Gibson territory.

If that is very good I fear what is very bad in your eyes.

Again you guys have this picture of Linsanity Lin edged in your brains and all facts contradicting that pic are nulled and void in your eyes.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#84 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:18 pm

So...Perry Jones = steal.

Also, kinda ot, but my parents got me League Pass as an early Hanukkah present and I'm annoyed because it doesn't include preseason games...streams until the season starts. :/ Sucks.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#85 » by Falstaffxx » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:19 pm

21shumpshumpst wrote:
If having your pg shoot 12 times a game in Feb and only shoot 41% is very good then why are you complaining about us having Felton? That is what he averages so why complain?

Lin also in March had an abysmal 1.65 A/TO ratio. That is Daniel Gibson territory.

If that is very good I fear what is very bad in your eyes.

Again you guys have this picture of Linsanity Lin edged in your brains and all facts contradicting that pic are nulled and void in your eyes.

You're talking about a virtual rookie who who went from 0 mpg to 40 mpg in a flash and not only that, he had the ball in his hands to an incredible extent and was constantly expending energy. Even during the height of Linsanity I and others pointed out repeatedly that he was bound to wear down. So yes, his March was not as good as February (and his February was one of the all-time greatest months for a rookie ever). But he remained productive in March and was still a very good player, with the caveat that he turned the ball over too much.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#86 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:22 pm

Would have been interesting to see Lin with the starters from day one -- also not having him go from 0-40 minutes in a span of a few days.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#87 » by magnumt » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:33 pm

Saturday October 13th

7:00 PM ET
Image @ Image

7:30 PM ET
Image @ Image
Image @ Image

8:00 PM ET
Image @ Image

8:30 PM ET
Image @ Image

10:30 PM ET
Image @ Image
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#88 » by Red Vines » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:36 pm

Fields still can't play by the way, Raptors fans starting to wonder...
SonOfMars
RealGM
And1: 2,741

Re: Around The NBA - [Part 1]: Updated Games PG. 6 

Post#89 » by SonOfMars » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:37 pm

Is the Nets game on TV? Don't see it on the YES schedule
Props Turbo_Zone
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#90 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Red Vines wrote:Fields still can't play by the way, Raptors fans starting to wonder...

lol. They were questioning the deal the day Colangelo gave it to him.
CU_NY09
Bench Warmer
And1: 84

Post#91 » by CU_NY09 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:47 pm

Falstaffxx, I understand what you're saying but please stop responding to 21shumpshumpst. This is what he does, it's not worth it.

I watched a replay of the game from a site that shall not be named and Lin played well. He continues to get his team mates involved. He said there were things he/team were focusing on each pre-season game to get them ready for the season. They're not going to be very good but they'll be a young, fun team to watch.

Austin Rivers did not play well. Based on what we've seen, Lamb is the better G.
SonOfMars
RealGM
And1: 2,741

Post#92 » by SonOfMars » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:54 pm

Obviously only 2 pre-season games deep, but Fields surprised me, and not in a good way

I thought he would use the off-season productively and come back a brand new player, consistent shot and everything...:dontknow:
Props Turbo_Zone
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,318

Post#93 » by Fat Kat » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:22 pm

SonOfMars wrote:Obviously only 2 pre-season games deep, but Fields surprised me, and not in a good way

I thought he would use the off-season productively and come back a brand new player, consistent shot and everything...:dontknow:

IMO, Fields is who he is. If Toronto wanted a different player, they should've given that money to a different player. Their plan most likely has already backfired.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,338

Post#94 » by ibraheim718 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:38 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:Well that guy is done for the night.. 9pts 7assts 2stls 1rb 2to in 23minutes Houston up 15.

Did you get to watch any of it? Was wondering how he looks.

Yeah I watched the whole game... Initially, in the first half of this game and the 20 or so minutes he played last game he was just letting the game come to him... not forcing anything... but the second half of this game he turned it up a few notches and started attacking the paint. Honestly, he looked great last night. His handle is a lot better... it's stronger and the ball stays tight and doesn't get loose or stray. Physically he looked great to. He took a clothesline from Robin Lopez pretty good. Honestly, for a second there it got a little painful there watching the kid play in a Rockets uniform and I wanted to punch something :lol: But then I just thought about it... hey the Rockets at least saw some talent in his game when they invited him to camp last year... they just had a glut of guards. Whereas the Knicks just brought him on because they had no idea what else to do when Grunwald realized his plan at the point was garbage. Then MikeD only played him out of desperation. So it's probably best he went back to the team that at least had some belief that he could play in the league.

But this notion that you can measure the impact of a PG by his stats is just idiotic... and if that's the bone of contention that someone wants to make well quite frankly they don't know anything about the game.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#95 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:39 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:Well that guy is done for the night.. 9pts 7assts 2stls 1rb 2to in 23minutes Houston up 15.

Did you get to watch any of it? Was wondering how he looks.

Yeah I watched the whole game... Initially, in the first half of this game and the 20 or so minutes he played last game he was just letting the game come to him... not forcing anything... but the second half of this game he turned it up a few notches and started attacking the paint. Honestly, he looked great last night. His handle is a lot better... it's stronger and the ball stays tight and doesn't get loose or stray. Physically he looked great to. He took a clothesline from Robin Lopez pretty good.

But this notion that you can measure the impact of a PG by his stats is just idiotic... and if that's the bone of contention that someone wants to make well quite frankly they don't know anything about the game.

How did the other rookies look?
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,338

Post#96 » by ibraheim718 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:45 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
How did the other rookies look?

Umm... Jones looked ok.. he didn't look as good as he did the other night.. but that is one physically strong kid.

Rivers looked pretty bad... he looked lost. I don't think he can play off the ball to well.. he might be best suited as a Lou Williams off the bench type.

Lamb didn't play... neither did Royce.

The Andre Roberts kid looked really good... he looked really composed for a rookie from a small school... good shooter.

Dmo looked ok also... but Mchale is trying to play him at the 5 and he just doesn't look comfortable there.

Davis didn't play.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,531

Post#97 » by ctorres » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:00 pm

I gotta say, I don't like this idea of there being only ONE Around The NBA thread. With each day, there should be a fresh Around The NBA thread opened up. That's just my opinion though, I'll abide by this if it's what the mods have decided is best.
Falstaffxx
Banned User

Post#98 » by Falstaffxx » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:20 pm

The Brooklyn vs. Philadelphia game could be interesting.
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,610

Post#99 » by DE FENSE » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:21 pm

ctorres wrote:I gotta say, I don't like this idea of there being only ONE Around The NBA thread. With each day, there should be a fresh Around The NBA thread opened up. That's just my opinion though, I'll abide by this if it's what the mods have decided is best.

I'm with you there. I liked the individual Around the NBA threads with the date in the title. Oh well.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#100 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:29 pm

ctorres wrote:I gotta say, I don't like this idea of there being only ONE Around The NBA thread. With each day, there should be a fresh Around The NBA thread opened up. That's just my opinion though, I'll abide by this if it's what the mods have decided is best.

I'm not really a fan of it either, although i can see the purpose.

Look at the board in general, it looks clean with pretty much fresh topics straight down the page.

Mission accomplished it seems.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten

Return to New York Knicks